Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your drinks cabient!

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Well I'd be interested to see other peoples drinks cabinets, at the moment mine is poorly stocked as I've just started but in August in expecting a very very nice addition (hopefully) to it! I've also a few nice glasses such as 2x Duvel, 1x Chimay & 1x Erdinger, Although they won't fit in this cabinet unfortunately.

25072011619.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Ah sure why not, I don't have anything better to do at 12:30am than creep up to the kitchen with a camera in hand. Not got much of a collection, just a few beers I haven't brought myself to open yet (and a Hobgoblin that I can't be bothered to open). Fuller's Vintage Ale 2008, Brewdog Tokyo*, Liefmans Goudenband, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Orval, and a Duvel that I'm keeping for a year to see if I notice a difference.
    image308medium.jpg

And my glasswear, why not!
    image309medium.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

All my drink is kept under the sink in my bedroom which is why you can notice shampoo and hair gel and stuff.

scaled.php?server=706&filename=1003375m.jpg&res=medium

Nothin dead exciting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I wouldn't know where to start!
    I have a shocking amount of drink in my house.

There's the cupboard in the kitchen full of spirits (and some fortified wines and such).

There's a few bottles floating around the kitchen that wont fit in the cupboard.

My beer and wine is under the stairs (some of the wine is boxed).

Then there's the bottom of a wardrobe upstairs that has all my ageing beer and any unopened bottles of spirits.

Might get around to picturing one of them today.

Mo14 wrote: »
    Ah sure why not, I don't have anything better to do at 12:30am than creep up to the kitchen with a camera in hand. Not got much of a collection, just a few beers I haven't brought myself to open yet (and a Hobgoblin that I can't be bothered to open). Fuller's Vintage Ale 2008, Brewdog Tokyo*, Liefmans Goudenband, Dogfish Head 90 Minute, Orval, and a Duvel that I'm keeping for a year to see if I notice a difference.

I covet your Dogfish Head 90 (although I do have one myself);)

I covet your Dogfish Head 90 (although I do have one myself);)

Can't bring myself to open it, because when it's gone, it's gone :(

So I'm hoping to source more before I open it, pretty hard to do living in Kilkenny though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Drink it. Hoppy beers deteriorate and shouldn't be aged.
    So I'm hoping to source more before I open it, pretty hard to do living in Kilkenny though.
    A few months back Dogfish Head decided to halt exports. There will be no more for the foreseeable.

Drink it, enjoy it, as soon as you can.

BeerNut wrote: »

A few months back Dogfish Head decided to halt exports. There will be no more for the foreseeable.

Yes I know it shouldn't be aged, it probably won't last THAT long there, it's just a shame as it's certainly one of my favourite beers. I guess I was hoping a trip to Dublin would yield a bottle or two forgotten about on a dusty shelf somewhere. But I think I've left it too long, ahh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Here is the contents of my cabinet

102_1411.jpg

And I forgot this one in the photo

102_1412.jpg

And the glasses

102_1413.jpg

102_1414.jpg

102_1415.jpg

OK, here's the cupboard in the kitchen :

[IMG][/img]2011_07_26_164227.jpg

KJ wrote: »
    And the glasses

Were those Porterhouse and Bull and Castle glasses bought in the respective pubs, or "acquired" in another manner? I ask because I'll be taking a trip up to those pubs soonish and I'd love one of those Brain Blásta glasses if they actually sell them.

• Advertisement

Were those Porterhouse and Bull and Castle glasses bought in the respective pubs, or "acquired" in another manner? I ask because I'll be taking a trip up to those pubs soonish and I'd love one of those Brain Blásta glasses if they actually sell them.
    I bought the Bull & Castle one in the pub.
    The Porterhouse one I got in a restaurant in Temple Bar when I asked the manager if I could have one and the Brainblasta one was given to me by drinkstore.
    I reckon they probably have them in their pubs though.

Hommelbier ages exceptionally well - I actually don't care for 'young' hommel any more.

Orval is pretty hoppy, too.

But having said that, yes, I must drink my Dogfish Head soon (there'll be no sharing this one!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Hommelbier ages exceptionally well - I actually don't care for 'young' hommel any more.

Orval is pretty hoppy, too.
    Different sort of hoppy ;). Hoppy's a terrible word, I shouldn't use it. What I mean is the delicate grapefruit and passionfruit aromas and flavours, but mostly aromas, that are central to beers like 90 Minute IPA.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Dave_Kilkenny

My drinks cabinet would be far better stocked if somebody didn't decide to help themselves to half of it before, that right Mo14?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Good to know the Bull and Castle glasses can be bought - wouldn't mind getting some of those.

My drinks cabinet would be far better stocked if somebody didn't decide to help themselves to half of it before, that right Mo14?

That must have been terrible, sorry to hear that.

That must have been terrible, sorry to hear that.

Must have been worse being the guy who drank half of it the next morning, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Does anyone else keep their empty bottles? I've loads in the shed, all different bourbons and Japanese whiskey etc. I can't seem to throw them away. I should be banned from master of malt web site while drinking lol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Dave_Kilkenny & Mo14: take it to PM please.

Great thread by the way.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Chriscl1 wrote: »
    Does anyone else keep their empty bottles? I've loads in the shed, all different bourbons and Japanese whiskey etc. I can't seem to throw them away. I should be banned from master of malt web site while drinking lol.

No but I've great trouble emptying them. I always like to keep a measure or two for future reference or comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

I can tell none of ye are alcoholics, your cabinets are too well stocked! :)

KJ and the beer revolu, I'll be over to sample your wares soon. ;)

Does anyone else keep their empty bottles?

Nope, haven't the space for that, but I do keep the cap off of each new beer I try. People sometimes think that's weird, oh well.

Wondering where you got the bottle of Chambrod from?

I actually got it in sainsburys

I've bought Chambord in Bradley's and the Abbot's in Cork.
    Any decent offie should have it.
    Don't the Wine Centre have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

@KJ I see you have the silver select. I've been through many bottles of that but I prefer the gentleman jack, I've also the jd scenes of lynchberg here, empty of course :)

I drank mine the other night and it definitely has lost something - still a beautiful beer but lacking those lovely floral hoppy aromas. (mine was bottled May 2010).
    Kind of kicking myself for keeping it so long.

I've gotten my hands on a bottle of 120' which I won't make the same mistake with:D

I keep some if I like the bottle or if the contents were really special.

No but I've great trouble emptying them. I always like to keep a measure or two for future reference or comparison.

Yup, I have that problem too.
    And more than once I only 'got' a whiskey on the very last drop - psychological, no doubt.

I drank mine the other night and it definitely has lost something - still a beautiful beer but lacking those lovely floral hoppy aromas. (mine was bottled May 2010).
    Kind of kicking myself for keeping it so long.

I've gotten my hands on a bottle of 120' which I won't make the same mistake with:D

Uh oh, mine was also bottled May '10. That's it, it'll be drunk tomorrow! Shame about the lack of floral hoppy goodness, pretty much the beer's best feature. I'll just hope you got a dud bottle and mine will be perfect ;)

Is there a shop with the 120 Minute still in stock? Or did you get your hands on it in another manner?

A case of knowing someone who knows someone whose husband brought some from The States.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

mines not too bad, although the vodka is gone (:eek::( and the wine is in a bit short supply :( - all down to buying a car this week and being too skint for a restock).

beers in the fridge, everything else is on the sideboard, all the ususal suspects and strangely mead! :rolleyes:

Advertisement