Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Ment to post this ages ago...

Here's some photos of the tattoo I got! Its tiny and on my left foot. :)
    Quality isn't great...damn camera!

[URL="[IMG]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m512/LaneiiI/P7140402.jpg[/IMG]"]P7140402.jpg[/URL]

[URL="[IMG]http://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m512/LaneiiI/P7140397.jpg[/IMG]"]P7140397.jpg[/URL]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I've this on my wrist. I wanted it for ages and finally got it in February. I love it but unfortunately the line isn't the same thickness the whole way so I'm going to get it fixed some time. It has meaning to me so I don't think I'll ever regret it! :)

5940196452_4ab12f5efa.jpg

The shiny stuff is cream! My arm looks really weird there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Don't like tattoos at all...and can't really think of any symbol of personal significance I can imagine I'd be delighted with forever. It'd probably just end up being something I'd look back at when I'm 47, cynical and bitter at the world and go "what a naive, moronic thing that was."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Hopefully getting a tat next week! Getting ゴジラ tattooed on my wrist which translates to Godzilla :D Also have a big rib-piece in the works but don't know when that'll be getting done

I love tattoos and always have. I plan on going for near full coverage some day. I have plans for both legs, back, chest, sleeves, neck, hands and fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I decided last night that I wanted to get a Harry Potter related tattoo. I was thinking the deathly hallows symbol somewhere as it's subtle enough. Possibly with "the last enemy that shall be destroyed Is death" around it in a circley thing. Now whether or not I actually end up getting it is a completely different story. I'll leave it for a while before I do anything anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

kateos2 wrote: »
    I decided last night that I wanted to get a Harry Potter related tattoo. I was thinking the deathly hallows symbol somewhere as it's subtle enough. Possibly with "the last enemy that shall be destroyed Is death" around it in a circley thing. Now whether or not I actually end up getting it is a completely different story. I'll leave it for a while before I do anything anyway.

Go for it! :D That'd be awesome! Do you have an idea of where you want it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Get mudblood on your arm tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

I'm getting Jesus Christ riding a bicycle with no hands (outstretched like on the cross) travelling on water with an expression on his face that is a mixture of arrogance, accomplishment and satisfaction at the feat which he is completing. That is when I can afford said tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

My friend is forever showing me really cool HP tattoos she finds on tumbler. One of my personal favourites was the deathly hallows symbol behind the ear. It looked really cool, but I suppose you wouldn't have room for writing around it.

I have a tattoo. I feel like it's really personal even though the meaning behind it isn't a secret or anything. It's really small and on the inside of my ankle. So far I've only told around four or five people about it and no one else has noticed. I really like it and I don't feel like I'll regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Spending so long on what kind of Tatoo I want, considering a big ish one on my calf at this point.

tumblr_lnzyjhXVZW1qb2egqo1_500.jpg

Still undecided though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I want to get 'lumos' in white ink in a pretty font, probably on my collarbone, or 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good/mischief managed' somewhere.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My friend is forever showing me really cool HP tattoos she finds on tumbler. One of my personal favourites was the deathly hallows symbol behind the ear. It looked really cool, but I suppose you wouldn't have room for writing around it.

I have a tattoo. I feel like it's really personal even though the meaning behind it isn't a secret or anything. It's really small and on the inside of my ankle. So far I've only told around four or five people about it and no one else has noticed. I really like it and I don't feel like I'll regret it.

I want the DH symbol behind my ear. I've wanted the symbol since the book came out, because those books have meant so much to me.

I've three I want. All song lyrics, all by bands who have meant so much more than I can say. I think the first one I'll get is 'AWAKE UNAFRAID' on my left wrist, and 'ASLEEP DEAD' on my right. I'm saving up to get them done reputably though (and since I'm not 18 till November)

You could get "I must not tell lies" in red. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Also, I saw a girl in the Social Welfare office a few months ago with '50 Cent' tattooed on her neck. Winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I kind of want the Deathly Hallows symbol somewhere, but I don't know where. I really like the idea of getting it on the back of my neck -about the same size as Silver's from 90210. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea, I'd have to invest in some serious make-up to hide it in any job interviews

Lawliet wrote: »
    I kind of want the Deathly Hallows symbol somewhere, but I don't know where. I really like the idea of getting it on the back of my neck -about the same size as Silver's from 90210. But I'm not sure if it's a good idea, I'd have to invest in some serious make-up to hide it in any job interviews

Your hair could cover it or a collar, also you could get it done a bit lower down so it's not too visible.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

As of yesterday im 8 hours/€700 into my new one. Still another 6 hours minimum Id say :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

26702_134694596549773_100000277016471_297147_5875378_n_1.jpg

This is my baby! Really simple but still have to add the quote to it! Have had it on my wall for about 7 years to make sure I wouldn't get sick of it and it means a lot!

Got it the month after I turned 18 and next thing everyone starts walking around with footprints on them ( mine are the nicest though, by far :P )! But i love it and it means a lot so I really don't care what anyone else has tbh.

My Dad got one when he was young and hates it because it was a rash decision and it's pretty ugly :pac: He wanted to get it removed but I won't let him 'cause it's all I've ever known him as. People may regret getting stupid tattoos for whatever reason but once it's on you it is you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

I know a guy who has a tattoo of a burning sliothar on his calf...

we all thought It was a skull for the first few months :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I'd like to get this done:

Hunting_Bear.jpg

And maybe get a lyric underneath. Not sure though. It might just stay forever as a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

getting this as my next tattoo. cant wait for it

Vector_Mario_Bros1_UP_Mushroom_by_chris_a.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Jay P wrote: »
    I'd like to get this done:

pic[/IMG]

And maybe get a lyric underneath. Not sure though. It might just stay forever as a thought.

That would be really cool! I have a big list of song lyrics I'd love to get tattooed on me. I'd probably end up looking like a book there's that many :p

I'd love to get a few tattoos done; have been kinda planning them out for a while now. I want to get the lyrics "Take the pieces and build them skywards" on my inside arm, and cherry blossoms on my foot (not 100% sure on the location of that one yet). Both of these have a lot of meaning behind them for me as well, so hopefully I will pluck up the courage to get them done!

The only thing I'm a bit worried about is the pain; I have an unbelievably low pain threshold and tend to faint a lot, so I don't want that happening when I'm in the middle of getting one done :p My friend got one done a few months ago and she said it wasn't as sore as she expected, so maybe I'm just overreacting a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Finally finished the fecker :pac: Well for now anyway. Ill be adding bits as life goes on :)
    2011-10-05%25252021.33.55-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Would absolutly love this as my first tattoo. Considering it deeply.

1095626-metal_gear_solid___fox_unit_1_by_sinikid_super.jpg

or..
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog"

marko93 wrote: »

Dooooo eeeet!

Don't think I showed my tats here

Wrist:
    Photo_00004-1.jpg

Leg:
    Picture009.jpg

Ankle:
    SDC10626.jpg

Foot:
    73808_1492558231769_1168412920_31359250_3941742_n.jpg

Any my newest addition which still has to be coloured in:
    319038_2067411402739_1168412920_32087653_11357997_n.jpg

I <3 tattoos!

Dooooo eeeet!
    Any idea on how much the fox would cost, in all black?

Any idea on how much the fox would cost, in all black?

Depends on size. Most places charge 70-100 per hour so best thing to do would be go in and get a quote. Highly recommend Colourworks in Temple Bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

1095626-metal_gear_solid___fox_unit_1_by_sinikid_super.jpg

Better than the person who got the old version of that logo done...
    SFG_FOXHOUND.jpg

I've no tattoos, but if I am going to get any, it'll be a few years from now and I'll get 2; a Triforce in UV ink on my left hand (invisible 99% of the time so hard to regret, yet still an awesome tribute and reference.), and then this somewhere else:
    7OLzs.jpg

Depends on size. Most places charge 70-100 per hour so best thing to do would be go in and get a quote. Highly recommend Colourworks in Temple Bar.
    No idea where that is, you gotta show me brah! D:
    Colm! wrote: »
    SFG_FOXHOUND.jpg

I actually like that one, but think they'd F it up way to much to get it done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Colm! wrote: »
    SFG_FOXHOUND.jpg
    I quite like that too, more than the modern one :pac:

Advertisement