Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Boop22 wrote: »
    Really hoping to lose a 1/2 pound this week to get my first silver 7:) I have been pretty good all week apart from some sneaky ice cream I had at the zoo on Sat (couldn't resist) :rolleyes: But i have kept up the walking and only barely touched my weeklies. Fingers crossed :p

Best of luck Boop22, I was hoping to get my first silver 7 as well, but after the weekend I dont think I will. I am determined to get it next week, I have another 2.5 lbs to lose to get it. I went food shopping yesterday and didnt buy anything bad.. very proud of myself. Going for a run after my WI this evening to get a kick start for next weeks WI :)

Best of luck at your WI and let us know how you get on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

Forgot to say, for a really yummy pizza:

Discover Mexico Tortilla Wrap (3pp)
    100g Dolmio Stir-in Sun Dried Tomato Light (2pp)
    1 Slice of Ham (1pp)
    Mushrooms (0pp)
    40g low-fat cheese (4pp)

Dollop the sauce on, add the toppings, pop in the oven on a baking sheet for 20 mins at Gas Mark 5 or equivalent. Result - a really yummy pizza that fills you up and feels like a treat that comes in at 10pp. :D
    Oohy Egypt Melodic Mutant this is a really gud yummy tip as i luv pizza but they are soo high in pp cant wait to try this and i am going 2 buy the Discover Mexico Tortilla Wrap as the lowest ones i cud find were tesco light choices @ 5pp so will buy these ones and try it out 2night Thanks again sounds delish :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 princess ash

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Morning folks!

kinda didnt bother going to bed last night.....lol went to bed at 4am...tossed and turned for an hour so got up at 5.40 and did 40 mins on treadmill :D

then I made a dozen cheese + tomato muffins :D YUM!

I'm maybe fat....but I'm not a failure....going to keep trying....as long as I'm trying I'm not failing! More determined than ever to succeed! My aunt and family are SO superficial...the only thing they see is a fat girl...they think that cos i'm over weight I'm a failure in life!

I've done two Level 5 courses....and between them i have I have 11 distinctions, 4 merits and 2 passes, and I'm doing a level 6 next year...but that seems to mean nothing to my family...I am not a failure...I maybe over weight...but I am NOT a failure! I am so sick of being invisible...ironic...the biggest member of the family is invisible!
    Lady Lainy i can certainly say from listening to you that you are definately not a Failure i find you extremely motivating and helpful and im sure a lot of people on this thread would agree. Your awlays there offering advice tips and general help and are very positive and uplifting :D:D
    Leave any negativity go staright over your head and rememeber how appreciated you actually are by people and belive me you will have the last laugh. :):p:)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Hi All,

I tried the new Muller Light Dessert Yogurts last night. Not 100% sure of the correct name of them, but they come in three flavours, Choc & Orange, Choc & vanilla, choc & black cherry. Had a black cherry one last night - OMG, was delish and a massive tub - 165g and only 2pp :D Can't wait to have one tonight for my supper :D

Managed to remember all of my lunch today - yay!

Oh try the luxury cheesecake ones - strawberry and new york style. Strawberry i pointed at 3pp and the new york at 2pp. They are fab and well worth the points.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Got to my WI this morning. The class I go to is in the leisure centre & my eldest had a swimming class there this morning @ 10am, so I went in & got weighed, then brought her up & got her changed & then back downstairs to the class with my 4 yr old in tow. I was nearly not going to go because every 4 weeks I have a gain even after a good week (just coming up to TOTM) & at the moment I am free, but at 4 lbs over my goal, I don't have a lot of lbs to play with if I don't want to be back paying again. So I was up, but only by 0.5 lbs, so I'm still free. Hopefully that will be back off me for next week.

The weather is beautiful today & I'm off to Donegal for the rest of the day to my parents so I can get someone to look after the kids while I have a long walk on the beach. Hope everyone else is enjoying the good weather too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Down another 2 today. yay. Back on track finally :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Molly1

millee wrote: »
    Hi Molly1, the way I see it there are 7 days in a week, we eat breakfast, lunch and dinner each day, that's 21 meals in a week, allowing for 2 snacks per day, that's 14 snacks per week, right? So provided you do your best and stick to the p.p. plan for most of those meals, then if you have a slip up 2,3,even4 times in your week you should still do ok. The trick as I see it, is not to beat yourself up over a few slip ups, coz you would be in way more trouble if all of those meals were made up of the sort of choices that got us here in the first place!!! For what it's worth...

Thanks Millee, think your right, if I slip, I just go on a mad binge and I should just chalk it down and move on... thanks again:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Lost two pounds this week! Very happy, considering I wasn't really tracking this week and had a few drinks at a 21st this weekend. I added in more activity this week so that obviously made a difference.

Really happy considering I put up a pound last week. I was so upset as it was my first gain and I felt very demoralised. I knew I wasn't going to have a good result last week as I had my graduation which meant lots of cocktails and a very expensive, calorie laden meal.

But this week I feel I got back on track. I think I needed a good loss to encourage me. I still find it hard to hear that some people lost 6 pounds in their first week (two people at my meeting did this week) as I've only lost 5 and a half pounds in 6 weeks. But onwards and downwards!! Even a pound a week would mean a 52 pound loss in a year which is 3st 10, which would be an amazing achievement.

Off to America now for 4 weeks so I'm kinda raging I won't get my first silver seven before I go as that was a mini goal I had set for myself but I am sure if I hadn't joined WW I would probably be half a stone heavier by now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Tmeos wrote: »
    Morning all, looking for some help/inspiration here, I am starting to get a bit bored with my dinners as I'm eating pretty much the same things every week. Was hoping some new ideas might keep me interested. I dont eat fish or much red meat so at the moment my repetoir include;
    Chicken Stir-Fry
    Quorn Chilli
    Quorn Spag Bol
    Chicken Curry
    Asparagus and Pea Risotto
    Chicken with roast veggie cous-cous.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some new ideas. I normally like to use 10-15 points on dinner during the week.

I think everyone tends to get stuck in a rut dinnerwise at times! Have you considered trying something like Chorizo in your pasta instead of chicken? Or having a vegetarian night? I know Quorn is vegetarian substitute but I mean totally vegetarian. I put up a recipe for Tuscan Bean Soup a while ago, it's lovely and really filling! I think one of the others had a spreadsheet (possibly GT - he like Excel a lot :p) with a load of recipes on it.

I know you said you don't eat fish but you should try it. I wouldn't be the biggest fish fan in the world but I made a New Years Resolution to eat more fish this year and I have been making an effort and am actually enjoying learning what kinds I like and what things to do with it! You could surprise yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Had a lovely day in town! Picked up my sleeping bag for cape clear :) and stocked up on instant cous cous and alpen light bars :) So at least I'll have some pp friendly quick fix's.

Also got a box of Twinings strawberry teas to try....there okay....just had a cup...tho i had to use two bags to get any read flavour, and i just put a smidge of honey and that REALLY brought out the flavour.

I just needed a non cafffine hot drink, and didnt want to be drinking so much hot chocolate, even if it is lo-cal. Havent been sleeping very well so trying to lay off the coffee for a bit. Tho i'll think i'll sleep tonight...wrecked from being in town in this heat!

Treated my self to a chicken ceaser salad at o briens....crutons, cheese, bacon, sauce the works....15pp sound fair? it wasn't huge, but wasn't tiny. but more importantly...it filled me up...so was worth the 15pp if it actually satisfies you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Had a lovely day in town! Picked up my sleeping bag for cape clear :) and stocked up on instant cous cous and alpen light bars :) So at least I'll have some pp friendly quick fix's.

Also got a box of Twinings strawberry teas to try....there okay....just had a cup...tho i had to use two bags to get any read flavour, and i just put a smidge of honey and that REALLY brought out the flavour.

I just needed a non cafffine hot drink, and didnt want to be drinking so much hot chocolate, even if it is lo-cal. Havent been sleeping very well so trying to lay off the coffee for a bit. Tho i'll think i'll sleep tonight...wrecked from being in town in this heat!

Treated my self to a chicken ceaser salad at o briens....crutons, cheese, bacon, sauce the works....15pp sound fair? it wasn't huge, but wasn't tiny. but more importantly...it filled me up...so was worth the 15pp if it actually satisfies you.

Definitely sounds fair as the Eddie Rockets one (going by their nutritional info) is 11PP for the grilled chicken (no bacon) caesar salad. :) NOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

hotfire wrote: »
    Best of luck Boop22, I was hoping to get my first silver 7 as well, but after the weekend I dont think I will. I am determined to get it next week, I have another 2.5 lbs to lose to get it. I went food shopping yesterday and didnt buy anything bad.. very proud of myself. Going for a run after my WI this evening to get a kick start for next weeks WI :)

Best of luck at your WI and let us know how you get on...

Thanks Hotfire, really determined to lose the weight this time and keep it off! (2 stone to go). Best of luck with your WI too, we'll get there eventually. This thread is really great for motivation:D Fair play to you going for a run, i havent gotten past the walking stage yet.lol:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Grannie Annie

Molly1 wrote: »
    Thanks Millee, think your right, if I slip, I just go on a mad binge and I should just chalk it down and move on... thanks again:)
    Molly1, I can so relate to that, once I make a slip with my eating I can't stop! I went on a most unmerciful binge on Sunday night I just didn't know what to eat next. Was so cross with myself on monday. I don't know what triggered it I just ate something I shouldn't and then practically threw in the towel:mad:
    How can I motivate myself to exercise I'm very bad lately! have a treadmill, crosstrainer and vibroplate all sitting there waiting to be used! It's the same excuse all the time i haven't time at the moment or I'll do it later but later never comes!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Lost 1/2lb, happy because had 2 big losses in my previous 2 weeks:) 9lbs til I get my 75lb cert, if that won't motivate me, nothing will!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Newbee that's an incredible loss. Well done. You're an inspiration :)

I haven't posted in ages but I have been reading all the posts. Lainy like you, I lost 4lbs and then just seemed to crash after that. I went back to my meeting 2 weeks ago and had put on 6lbs :o Last week I lost 2.5 lbs so I am back on track. Lainy and Mollie it is a difficult journey but the important thing is to pick yourself back up and keep digging. We will all get there eventually. However if we give up, chances are we will put it all back on and maybe more. I know I would.

Have my WI tomorrow night. Unsure how it's going to go because I was out for dinner on Sat and then out on the town. Hopefully I'll even get a lb loss!!

Well done to everyone who had a loss this week and good luck to everyone else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

newbee22 wrote: »
    Lost 1/2lb, happy because had 2 big losses in my previous 2 weeks:) 9lbs til I get my 75lb cert, if that won't motivate me, nothing will!:D:D:D

Well done! You're doing fantastically, you must see such a diiference now!

I just can't believe I've lost this much so far! Hoping to be at goal by Christmas or maybe Feb:D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I just can't believe I've lost this much so far! Hoping to be at goal by Christmas or maybe Feb:D

Had to laugh at your comment cos I'd just been on a calender figuring out how much more I could lose by Christmas, so being conservative and allowing for holiday in October and other unforeseen events I'm hoping to have another stone and a half gone by then. You and the others on this forum give me great encouragement that it CAN be done, mucho gracias! ;)

Caros wrote: »
    Had to laugh at your comment cos I'd just been on a calender figuring out how much more I could lose by Christmas, so being conservative and allowing for holiday in October and other unforeseen events I'm hoping to have another stone and a half gone by then. You and the others on this forum give me great encouragement that it CAN be done, mucho gracias! ;)

We can do it!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Had my first WI today and lost 3 lb! I had a good week. Keeping it going...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well done on the loss. You are doing great! :) If you don't mind me asking, how much have you in total to lose to get to goal?

Monife wrote: »
    Well done on the loss. You are doing great! :) If you don't mind me asking, how much have you in total to lose to get to goal?

I think I have another 2 stone and around 6lbs to lose! Haven't looked at the screen in weigh in for a long time, changed classes because I'm after moving home and the way the leader weighs you can't see the screen, defo going to try and have a look next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

Definitely we can! Positive outcomes only
    Caros wrote: »

We can do it!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

Hello everyone,

I've been reading this thread for a while and decided it was about time to introduce myself now that I feel like I have achieved something. I joined WW in the 3rd week in January (I needed those first 2 weeks to gear myself up) and was horrified to see I was 19 stone 11.

As of last Friday (8th July) I am down 4 stone. (yay). The first 2 stone fell off (I was so motivated but wary because I had been there, done that, put it back on etc) Stone 3 was harder because I realised I should start exercising because healthy eating alone wasn't going to shift the rest of the weight.

I won't go into the embarrasing humiliating experiences obese people have to go through but use your imagination. Those of you who have been there - or still are there - you know what I'm talking about. Suffice to say that I needed to lose a few stone before I could even walk to the end of my road.

I started the couch to 5k jogging plan and have lost 1 more stone in a month. Averaging 2.5 pounds a week and I'm feeling pretty smug about myself if I'm honest! Today I ran for 28 minutes (with a 3 minute walk in between) or the equivalent of 5k.

I still have 5 more stone to lose but I can't think that far ahead yet.

People are noticing the weight loss all the time and are saying I am an inspiration to them but jeez, I don't want that responsibility! But it's helping me keep going in a way. I can't let my public down, now can I?!!

Anyway, I hope to continue to get tips and inspiration from all you guys here and if anyone wants some help with motivation - well, I'm kinda well versed these days in that area, you could say!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

NimmyZ wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I've been reading this thread for a while and decided it was about time to introduce myself now that I feel like I have achieved something. I joined WW in the 3rd week in January (I needed those first 2 weeks to gear myself up) and was horrified to see I was 19 stone 11.

As of last Friday (8th July) I am down 4 stone. (yay). The first 2 stone fell off (I was so motivated but wary because I had been there, done that, put it back on etc) Stone 3 was harder because I realised I should start exercising because healthy eating alone wasn't going to shift the rest of the weight.

I won't go into the embarrasing humiliating experiences obese people have to go through but use your imagination. Those of you who have been there - or still are there - you know what I'm talking about. Suffice to say that I needed to lose a few stone before I could even walk to the end of my road.

I started the couch to 5k jogging plan and have lost 1 more stone in a month. Averaging 2.5 pounds a week and I'm feeling pretty smug about myself if I'm honest! Today I ran for 28 minutes (with a 3 minute walk in between) or the equivalent of 5k.

I still have 5 more stone to lose but I can't think that far ahead yet.

People are noticing the weight loss all the time and are saying I am an inspiration to them but jeez, I don't want that responsibility! But it's helping me keep going in a way. I can't let my public down, now can I?!!

Anyway, I hope to continue to get tips and inspiration from all you guys here and if anyone wants some help with motivation - well, I'm kinda well versed these days in that area, you could say!

I've also been reading a while but only posted now. I'm just starting week 4 and have lost 8.5lbs so far.

I feel I'm doing well on the food front but it's the excersise I really need to get myself motivated on. Thats why your post really inspired me NimmyZ. I down loaded a C25K app but just can't seem to give myself the push to start it. I can be pretty lazy when it comes to excersise and while I could walk all day I can't motivate myself to actually get out for a walk. I can walk forever to get somewhere but not for excersise sake if that makes sense!!!

I work long hours which is always a great excuse for not doing any excersise. So my promise to myself after reading your post is that I'll do day one tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I've really gotten into drinking herbal tea. I used to have 2-4 cups of coffee a day and now I replace one with herbal tea. I like peppermint, lemongrass and I've just discovered Roberts Roberts Pu-Erh tea. It's supposed to help weightloss, I have it in the morning with my brekkie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

havana wrote: »
    I feel I'm doing well on the food front but it's the excersise I really need to get myself motivated on. Thats why your post really inspired me NimmyZ. I down loaded a C25K app but just can't seem to give myself the push to start it. I can be pretty lazy when it comes to excersise and while I could walk all day I can't motivate myself to actually get out for a walk. I can walk forever to get somewhere but not for excersise sake if that makes sense!!!

I work long hours which is always a great excuse for not doing any excersise. So my promise to myself after reading your post is that I'll do day one tomorrow!!!

Well done Havana! Over 8 pounds in 4 weeks is fantastic! I know what you mean when it comes to doing exercise for exercise's sake. If you look at it like that it's boring, it's daunting, it's impossible.
    I actually had butterflies in my stomach on week 1 day 1 of the plan. I didn't know what to expect. But it was easy (yes, at 17 stone at the time it was easy!). Jog for 60 seconds, then walk for 3 minutes? I can do that! And I did.
    I stopped putting it off and just went and did it. The sense of accomplishment I felt afterward was amazing. I couldn't believe I had actually done it. I went jogging! ME! Every time I go out I am still kind of in awe of what I am doing.
    Keep your pace slow and if it gets too tough just go back and repeat some of the earlier weeks if you feel you are not ready to go to the next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Geansai Rua

Hi all...

Tried one of the Eddie Rockets salads for unislim today.
    Its an asian chicken salad and was delicious! Couldnt even finish it all.
    Anyone tried it yet?

Have lost nothing over the last two weeks.. been such an idiot!
    I have tried to be good over the last week but oxegen kinda got in the way!
    So I am dreading weigh in again! I need a kick up the backside I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

STS :rolleyes:

my own fault really.

In a week where I wasnt able to excersis at all I found myself doubling up on merengues for dessert( sure they were only small ones:rolleyes:), eating iced bakewells and generally picking at stuff!

Ah well, back on the bike this eveining now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

new thing i'm having today is adding more points to brekkie....seeing if it keeps me going longer throughout the day....seriously just cant get my head in the game. I wake up every morning with good intentions....but i pick pick pick!

Last night I actually slept! Haven't slept since properly since friday night! Just different things been keeping me awake! Hopefully now that i've slept hopefully today I can get some treadmill time clocked in....I have good intentions....dont always keep to them...but at least I have them!

Today I'm trying using more filling points in my brekkie...to actually FILL ME up!

Upped my readybrek to 50g + 150ml skimmed milk, with the pears, and cup of coffee with dash of skimmed milk so 6pp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement