Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I hope this don't get into this whole "my food plan is better than your food plan" again. As Maggot12345 didn't originally post this message in this thread he/she would have been unaware of the rules governing this thread.

That said I absolutely agree with Frogdog re Maggot's food consumption today. In the first place I would wonder if Maggot is following the WW program because in all fairness tis easy enough point what was had from our purple book (my bible!)

In my humble opinion and my experience to date WW is encouraging me to eat healthier whilst enjoying a wide range of foods and get my ass moving. The proof of the "non" pudding for me is that 12 weeks in I no longer take 11 tablets a day, yes I still take 5 but I'm working on that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

aspie mum wrote: »
    Other then 1 apple did you have any fruit or veg you really need to have them to keep healthy and you need to cut down on the bread staying within your points is very important ,
    but eathing well is the most important aspect
    if the 3 squares of butter are 3 single pats in a restaurant then you are talking about 6 pp on butter alone and the scone is 4pp for 50g

Also you need to allow a pp for every cup of tea with milk or the best is to measure out some skim milk in the morning in a jug and have it with your tea through out the day.

Sorry if i sound so harsh but the best way to go from the start is to eat well balanced meals and healthy snacks....I am no angel when it come to food but i do incorporate lots of fruit and veg and lean proteins and though I use a lot of bread i weigh it all....

you really need to get out the book and weigh and measure everything till your confident of the portion sizes It hard at the start but i can tell you the weeks I track and measure properly i always lose2/3 lbs
    Hope all goes well on your Journey

Just to point out also for the OP is that most scones can be around 12PP, I have NEVER seen a scone that is 50g. I'd say the ones in my canteen in work are at least 200g, if not more.

I hope I am not talking too soon but I think today is the start of (finally) a good week :) I did go over my points by 4 because I had a packet of crisps in the afternoon from the vending machine (7PP!!!!!!:eek:) but why I feel it was a good day is because I ate my meals, didn't pick at anything apart from those crisps, went for a walk and now feel full of energy and very happy and can't wait to get out for a walk again. I think my downfall was the way I have been seriously neglecting the exercise. I was so tired all the time and I was blaming that. I think the reason I was so tired is because I wasn't doing any exercise. So let's hope this is the start of something good.

Have lunch and breakfast (fruit salad nom) ready for tomorrow and also made extra dinner tonight to bring with me tomorrow babysitting (something I haven't done in years, person I used to babysit for was really stuck so I said I didnt mind, nothing on). It will be a huge test as when I used to babysit, I would eat my way through loads of goodies that they used to leave me. Have packed a packet of snack-a-jacks and a curly wurly for any cravings or urges :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    okay the Mods REEALLY dont want want anyone posting food diarys....

It was an example to make a point, I would have thought that was obvious enough. For the record I have no intention on opening an ongoing food diary.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Great stuff Monife! It's a funny thing about exercise once you're out there doing it you feel fantastic!
    You've a great incentive with the wedding coming up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Sorry for any confusion that my post moving made!

Although less of the backseat Modding pls and report posts that you think might need attention :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

P'd-off.com :( Was up again last night :mad: My own fault completely :mad::mad::mad: I don't know why I seem to sabotage myself like this. I asked my leader if I can bring her my tracker next week. I think if I know that I have to give it someone, I'll be more inclined to be good! Hopefully, I will have a good week this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Tried cous cous for the first time ever yesterday. Made it with 1 chicken stockpot and I thought it was delicious. Served it up with some grilled chicken breast and onions and found it a very filling and tasty dinner. I'm really glad someone recommended it. I have to say, I am eating a much more varied and tasty diet than I used to since I started weightwatchers. Everything else I ever tried seemed to be about cutting loads of stuff out whereas WW has definitely encouraged me to be more varied, plus all the tips and ideas on this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

i think ww works for me cos there is no one telling me telling me "you cant have X Y & Z" but instead I'm cutting out those "bad" foods my self, without even barely evening noticing (most of the time). Its a physiological diet too lol!

I think i clawed back a little control y-day! never too late in the week to start....just call it a head start on next weeks WI even if this weeks one is less than perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    P'd-off.com :( Was up again last night :mad: My own fault completely :mad::mad::mad: I don't know why I seem to sabotage myself like this. I asked my leader if I can bring her my tracker next week. I think if I know that I have to give it someone, I'll be more inclined to be good! Hopefully, I will have a good week this week!

Good luck you can do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I realised last night that I have to lose 9.5lbs to have lost 75lbs:eek::eek::eek::eek: Hopefully I'll get there by the end of August!

• Advertisement

newbee22 wrote: »
    I realised last night that I have to lose 9.5lbs to have lost 75lbs:eek::eek::eek::eek: Hopefully I'll get there by the end of August!

can i have some of your motivation :(

thats amazing! sickened with jealousy!

can i have some of your motivation :(

thats amazing! sickened with jealousy!

We'll all get there!:) Only bad thing now is all my clothes are falling off me, even the new ones, my bank balance is suffering!!

newbee22 wrote: »
    We'll all get there!:) Only bad thing now is all my clothes are falling off me, even the new ones, my bank balance is suffering!!

Oh stop! I totted up my "little" shopping spree! But its kinda spurred me on! the pick me up I urgently needed! I was becoming very isolated, not wanting to s ee anyone, cos literly gotten to the stage where i didnt want to be seen in public because everything I had was looking stretched and baggy and chewed up by the washing machine!

Going to town today with my cousins! Sun is shining......i KNOW there going to want to take me to lunch...its just how they are :O Its my cousins gf, and her mother, the mother does actually get offended of you dont accept these kinda invitations...and the mother doesnt speak english....so it is actually impossible to say no....fingers crossed they just opt to go for coffee or a sandwhich bar...where I at least have a fighting chance!

Right....time to start knocking back the water! At least its sunny warm day....its just impossible to drink water when its pissing rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

At least its sunny warm day....its just impossible to drink water when its pissing rain!

Can you give Dublin some of that sunshine please? It's horrible here, dark, dreary and that annoying spitty/misty rain that you get soaked in :(

Monife wrote: »
    Can you give Dublin some of that sunshine please? It's horrible here, dark, dreary and that annoying spitty/misty rain that you get soaked in :(

we've had that here all week! horrible! Just need to to stay dry for tomorrow and its sorted. Big family gathering...my cousin 4th birthday....so of course its an excuse to have a party for the adults :P

Oh stop! I totted up my "little" shopping spree! But its kinda spurred me on! the pick me up I urgently needed! I was becoming very isolated, not wanting to s ee anyone, cos literly gotten to the stage where i didnt want to be seen in public because everything I had was looking stretched and baggy and chewed up by the washing machine!

Going to town today with my cousins! Sun is shining......i KNOW there going to want to take me to lunch...its just how they are :O Its my cousins gf, and her mother, the mother does actually get offended of you dont accept these kinda invitations...and the mother doesnt speak english....so it is actually impossible to say no....fingers crossed they just opt to go for coffee or a sandwhich bar...where I at least have a fighting chance!

Right....time to start knocking back the water! At least its sunny warm day....its just impossible to drink water when its pissing rain!

Have a fab lunch, remember you can enjoy it, it's all about the choices( I've drummed that into my head! And it works!)x

• Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

Bummer!! Weighed in at home this morning, my 1st, only lost 3lbs, and I'm a 'big'girl. This was not the loss I'd have expected, but then I know my 1st week was not exactly normal. I was out at the "Tall Ships" all weekend, so VERY hard to point. Then sick in bed with bad chest infection since Mon, when most days didn't use all my p.p. allowance, and no exercise, so a really mixed up week. My only comfort is the fact that the 'rut' that I was in food wise (despite the weekend) has I think been broken, so here's hoping next Fri. I will feel better and weigh less. Fingers crossed and mouth shut!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

I'm after 5 slices of soda bread already today!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

I have learned today the difference between pp in crisps and pp in 'multipack' crisps. Hmmmm I knew it was too good to be true. This makes me sad :( Ah well.....lesson learned :)

home sweet home! they wanted me to go back to there house for lunch! spanish omlette! but managed to escape :P hehe

home now having salad and cous cous. :D Party tomorrow I'll do enough eating then! :O Tapas, tortilla, calamari,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Hey all!

Just looking for a bit of info on how to cook with quorn? I want to use it in stuffed peppers with couscous but i'm at a loss as how to cook it.
    Do I boil it like mince? or fry it?

Any advice greatly welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Shoe Lover wrote: »

Don't worry about it! Write it off and start again, every time you're tempted to fall off the wagon imagine handing the tracker in and someone else reading it. Good luck for this week!

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Hey all!

Just looking for a bit of info on how to cook with quorn? I want to use it in stuffed peppers with couscous but i'm at a loss as how to cook it.
    Do I boil it like mince? or fry it?

Any advice greatly welcome.

Hmmm I've never boiled it, dunno if you can/should.... I fry it with fry oil but if your using a sauce like passata or tomatoe sauce for a spag bol or something you can just add it straight in. When it defrosts its soft.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Forgot to say, for a really yummy pizza:

Discover Mexico Tortilla Wrap (3pp)
    100g Dolmio Stir-in Sun Dried Tomato Light (2pp)
    1 Slice of Ham (1pp)
    Mushrooms (0pp)
    40g low-fat cheese (4pp)

Dollop the sauce on, add the toppings, pop in the oven on a baking sheet for 20 mins at Gas Mark 5 or equivalent. Result - a really yummy pizza that fills you up and feels like a treat that comes in at 10pp. :D

millee wrote: »
    Bummer!! Weighed in at home this morning, my 1st, only lost 3lbs, and I'm a 'big'girl. This was not the loss I'd have expected, but then I know my 1st week was not exactly normal. I was out at the "Tall Ships" all weekend, so VERY hard to point. Then sick in bed with bad chest infection since Mon, when most days didn't use all my p.p. allowance, and no exercise, so a really mixed up week. My only comfort is the fact that the 'rut' that I was in food wise (despite the weekend) has I think been broken, so here's hoping next Fri. I will feel better and weigh less. Fingers crossed and mouth shut!!!!

Well done on the loss Millie! When I started WW I was 'big girl'(not that I'm a tiny girl now:o) I lost 3 my first week, lost more the second week, takes a while for the body to get used to the shock of new eating habits! Best of luck for your next weigh in!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Caros wrote: »
    Been looking online at treadmill options this morning. Argos have a sale on some at the moment, small budget of less than €500 for this - just want it for walking when the weather turns bad, already during icy conditions my 2 hour round commute for work turns into anything up to 3 1/2 hours so I won't be taking to the roads for a walk after that.

Been eyeing this one up as it's totally within budget - any opinions welcome please!!! http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3357695.htm
    Or if there's anything else ye would recommend it would be very welcome!

Thanks in advance!
    I am new around here, have been lurking for a bit. Started WW this week, but have been contemplating it for a while.

I just bought a treadmill, and after having looked at argos.ie, I checked around some more. The same treadmill I bought from a UK site was twice as much on Argos!

I got mine from http://www.connection-fitness.co.uk/

There customer service was excellent. I had intended on buying the Reebok one they had on offer at Argos and the same treadmill with a different name was something like 400 £ from connection and 1200€ on Argos. Delivery was £35 to Ireland. They gave excellent advice, and the treadmill came 3 days after I ordered it.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sarahfancy

Hi everyone,
    As I said above, I've been lurking this week. Just joined WW online -- have been on it in its various incarnations for what feels like 20 years. I have about 4 stone to lose and am joining up with a few ladies at work to see if we can do it together.

I have been working with a trainer a bit, but she put me on a paleo diet and I wasn't losing. I was getting sick of the low carb thing, so here I am! I exercise a couple of times a week, mostly weight training and walking.

I've got 4 kids and work full time, so my life is pretty busy. Stress stress...

Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Hmmm I've never boiled it, dunno if you can/should.... I fry it with fry oil but if your using a sauce like passata or tomatoe sauce for a spag bol or something you can just add it straight in. When it defrosts its soft.....

Oh do i have to defrost it first or can i put it in the pan and fry it from frozen?

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Oh do i have to defrost it first or can i put it in the pan and fry it from frozen?

I fry it from frozen, its so small it defrosts in a couple of seconds in the pan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

Hi Sarahfancy, I joined w.w." at home " service last week and have about 4st to shed, so maybe we can help each other along!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement