Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    new thing i'm having today is adding more points to brekkie....seeing if it keeps me going longer throughout the day....seriously just cant get my head in the game. I wake up every morning with good intentions....but i pick pick pick!

I hear you. Himself is away for a couple of days and did the one thing I specifically asked him not to do- Left behind a bagel and 2 slices of bread. When I got home I felt like Winehouse being confronted with a crack pipe. I leapt on that bread before the kitchen door was even shut. When he's here, willpower of steel. When he's gone however I totally crumble. Still, If the worst thing I demolish this week is a bagel and 2 slices of toast then I'm laughing really. Like someone here said, there are 21 meals in a week and I messed up on 1, there's still 20 that I can pull myself back up with. Still feel a bit rubbish though as should be able to resist by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 natasha1687

Hey everybody.
    Just had my first weigh in and I'm down 3 and a half pounds. Woo!!! :) I'm going on a long train journey at the end of the week so was wondering if anybody had any tips for snacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

new thing i'm having today is adding more points to brekkie....seeing if it keeps me going longer throughout the day....seriously just cant get my head in the game. I wake up every morning with good intentions....but i pick pick pick!

Last night I actually slept! Haven't slept since properly since friday night! Just different things been keeping me awake! Hopefully now that i've slept hopefully today I can get some treadmill time clocked in....I have good intentions....dont always keep to them...but at least I have them!

Today I'm trying using more filling points in my brekkie...to actually FILL ME up!

Upped my readybrek to 50g + 150ml skimmed milk, with the pears, and cup of coffee with dash of skimmed milk so 6pp

I bought that Tesco ready brek the other day on your recommendation! It is lovely for a change, i had it with banana chopped up throught it the last couple of mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Hey everybody.
    Just had my first weigh in and I'm down 3 and a half pounds. Woo!!! :) I'm going on a long train journey at the end of the week so was wondering if anybody had any tips for snacks?

I was traveling on holidays by train. Swore by having a few bits of fruit (0pp) and a pack of rice cakes, salt and vinegar ones are almost like meanies if you use your imagination :) Stop that craving for usual crisps. Popcorn is good to and any of the cereal bars like Alpen Light Oatabix Bars. A couple of bits can really get you through the journey. Oh and I always get the sweets (Berry or Strawberry Kisses) at my meetings. Many a cinema trip wasn't doomed with a pack of these, lasted almost the whole film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Micki wrote: »
    I bought that Tesco ready brek the other day on your recommendation! It is lovely for a change, i had it with banana chopped up throught it the last couple of mornings!

yeah when i say readybrek...its the the "tesco hot oats" I really mean! Exact same thing...but cheaper! :P :D

Right I'm off to wash doggies...gotta love flea season....gross i'm itchy just thinking about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

new thing i'm having today is adding more points to brekkie....seeing if it keeps me going longer throughout the day....seriously just cant get my head in the game. I wake up every morning with good intentions....but i pick pick pick

I've been trying to do this for the last few weeks as well. For the last wee while, I've been having a boiled egg with two slices of toast for brekkie and it fills me right up for about 5 hours :) Had no eggs this morning though so had 30g porridge with 15g raisins, then topped it with a chopped banana and a tsp of cinnamon - was lovely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 millee

Hi NimmZ, you are fantastic, read your post and guess what? am taking my mutt Milo to the beach this afternoon, him for a good run, me for a walk. The 1st in weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I've been trying to do this for the last few weeks as well. For the last wee while, I've been having a boiled egg with two slices of toast for brekkie and it fills me right up for about 5 hours :) Had no eggs this morning though so had 30g porridge with 15g raisins, then topped it with a chopped banana and a tsp of cinnamon - was lovely! :D

Ha ha, I've been having porridge every morning so today I tried egg and toast for the first time for a change....swopsie! I see what you mean I had it at 8 this morning and I'm still not hungry! It's good to mix things up a bit and since I've started WW this time I'm trying LOADS of new things. Also cos of all you guys I've been getting loads of new ideas. Defo been keeping it much more interesting...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Got a punnet of Clementines the other day, it has a nutritional tag, so I pointed it .... 9 in the 850g punnet, according to the tag 100grm is 1PP, so each clementine is 1PP ?!?!? :eek:

I eat 2/3 a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Hi All, down 2.5 this morning at WI which is great. Weather is scorching here so took the baby for a long walk and just had a lovely lunch. I had a cheese and tomato muffin with some pickles, tomatoes, turkey rashers, slice of cheddar an apple and some chutney. Was kind of a ploughmans plate thing. 7 points for the lot and I'm stuffed. Heres to another good week:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

This is my 3rd week. Due to be weighed tomorrow. 6.5lb down in the last two weeks - LOVING the pro-point system!!!

The thing I'm struggling a little bit with is not really knowing what's good to eat that keeps me feeling filled for longer. I suppose Wholemeal versions of bread and pasta and that sort of thing, but any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

MaggieMay2 wrote: »
    Oh and I always get the sweets (Berry or Strawberry Kisses) at my meetings. Many a cinema trip wasn't doomed with a pack of these, lasted almost the whole film :)

I think those packets of sweets are great too. I have to hide them from my kids though.
    Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Had no eggs this morning though so had 30g porridge with 15g raisins, then topped it with a chopped banana and a tsp of cinnamon - was lovely! :D

I must try that. I am so unadventurous with my porridge - I just have a teaspoon of sugar (not sweetener as I prefer not to eat it). Yours sounds lovely.
    GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Got a punnet of Clementines the other day, it has a nutritional tag, so I pointed it .... 9 in the 850g punnet, according to the tag 100grm is 1PP, so each clementine is 1PP ?!?!? :eek:

I eat 2/3 a day

Don't worry about the PPs in fruit. Our leader says the program is designed to take your fruit into account, so long as you're eating it in moderation. Just remember it is zero pointed, not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭unknowngirl!!

Was down 1lb at WI this morning.. I'm pretty happy because with Oxegen at the weekend I couldn't go to the gym for 3 days and it wasn't easy to eat healthy as it was mostly fast food on offer..

Congrats to everyone else on their losses, it seems to have been a good week for most!

I'm setting myself a goal of losing 2lb this week and getting back into the 9 stone bracket.. Hopefully keeping this in mind I'll be focused and make the best choices :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

fofany wrote: »

I must try that. I am so unadventurous with my porridge - I just have a teaspoon of sugar (not sweetener as I prefer not to eat it). Yours sounds lovely.

I had my porridge with a WW toffee apple yougart through it this morning, OMG it was gorgeous! Will deffo be doing that again! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

WIth the summer holidays and lack of routine I am totaly gone of the walls. I can seem to stop eating. I am also dealing with some pretty horrible untrue rummors which have been spread about me and my emotions are all over the place.

I am up 5 ilbs and still cant stop i have to be weighed again tomorrow I am trying to take it one meal at a time and hopefully I will get back on track soon because it was hard work to lose 46lbs to begin with and i am less than half way to goal I really need to lose weight so that I can be there for my family.

My hubby is being very supportive and has even joined me counting points to see if it helps- I am very strict with his food but sneak stuff my self at the moment.Hopefully beeing up 2 weeks in a row will shock me back to being good I would have been up 4 weeks in a row but did'nt go

My plan of action is this Get weighed tomorrow and on friday I am having a mini spa day Hair cut in coloured mani-pedi and my waxing so that may lift me as Its been all home dos for the last while as I have been so broke Bit My hubby gave me some money to treat my self and hopefully lift my spirits......:D

Sorry for the rant:mad:
    Hopefully I will be back to myself soon and posting and eating well

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Oh Aspie Mum - I'm sorry to hear you're going through such crap!
    I have a similar issue in that I have been putting back on weight for the past month but I went to my WI last night and I was down 1lb - which although not fantastic, was better than I expected because I haven't stopped eating!
    Anyway, I had a good chat with my leader and I told her I feel as though I have lost all motivation.
    She said to look at the bigger picture - take out my WW card and see the weight I have lost (45lbs). She suggested I take out some of my old clothes and try them on, and maybe look at photos of myself when I was bigger. That might motivate me keep trying - once I see how I used to look. She also said I should set myself a mini-goal and take it one day at a time.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cat_1977

Hi all,

So I ditched WW a few months back as I was losing so slowly (about half a lb a week) even though I was sticking to the plan. Anyway, since then I've gained about 5 so as of this morning I'm counting again. I reasoned that it's better to be losing slowly than not at all right?

Am broke so won't be attending meetings but hopefully hovering around here will serve me well. You all seem to be a great inspiration to one another so hopefully I can be too.

I've about a stone or so to lose so going by my speedy half pound a week history we're looking at a long road but fingers crossed it will come off eventually.

Anyway, hi to you all and hope to be seeing a lot more (or less - spot the seasoned weight watcher!) of you in the future.

C x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

millee wrote: »
    Hi NimmZ, you are fantastic, read your post and guess what? am taking my mutt Milo to the beach this afternoon, him for a good run, me for a walk. The 1st in weeks!!

Well done Millee!! The hardest step is always the first one out of your front door...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 opheila

I was the same and then thought how much money I've spent to get to here! I was losing 3 gaining 2 losing and gaining and then i decided to stop wasting my money Look at the bigger picture and I'm two and a half pounds from goal Keep on at it

aspie mum wrote: »
    WIth the summer holidays and lack of routine I am totaly gone of the walls. I can seem to stop eating. I am also dealing with some pretty horrible untrue rummors which have been spread about me and my emotions are all over the place.

I am up 5 ilbs and still cant stop i have to be weighed again tomorrow I am trying to take it one meal at a time and hopefully I will get back on track soon because it was hard work to lose 46lbs to begin with and i am less than half way to goal I really need to lose weight so that I can be there for my family.

My hubby is being very supportive and has even joined me counting points to see if it helps- I am very strict with his food but sneak stuff my self at the moment.Hopefully beeing up 2 weeks in a row will shock me back to being good I would have been up 4 weeks in a row but did'nt go

My plan of action is this Get weighed tomorrow and on friday I am having a mini spa day Hair cut in coloured mani-pedi and my waxing so that may lift me as Its been all home dos for the last while as I have been so broke Bit My hubby gave me some money to treat my self and hopefully lift my spirits......:D

I hear you there....i cant seem to create a routine for my self since hols started...then im waking up really late, staying up really late....having lunch instead up breakfast...having lunch in stead of dinner and then having dinner really late....PLUS snacking!

My emotions have got the best of me last few days! But ha! now other peoples doubts are giving me fuel to prove them wrong....oh they are going to be sooooo sorry!

today I've been i say 90% good :) washed three dogs, 30 minutes on treadmill in this heat, good breakfast, good lunch....then had a minor slip had a boiled egg sandwich with cup of coffee cos i was starving after treadmill. 2 slices of bread, 2 eggs, flora light...calling it 10pp! eeep not that small a slip more like a nose dive!

Breakie 8pp
    Lunch + Coffee 14pp
    SLIP 10pp
    Dinner 12pp

As long as I dont have a munch attack after my dinner I'll actually be within my point allowance....I've only had 2 cups of coffee :D and like 5 pints of water :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

BOOOOOOOM!!!!! Smashed through 2 mini goals tonight :D:D:D:D

Down 3lb tonight at WI :D:D:D Think I have my mojo back :) Hopefully won't jinxed it.

Got my 7th :D Silver Seven and have lost 50lb to date :D

Monife wrote: »

Down 3lb tonight at WI :D:D:D Think I have my mojo back :) Hopefully won't jinxed it.

WELL DONE WOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

Hey everybody.

Grapes, Salt and Vinegar Snack-a-Jacks, Small bag of Manhattan Popcorn, Crispbread, or make a really nice sandwich and have that as your lunch that day, you won't be as likely to pick :)
    Niamho! wrote: »
    This is my 3rd week. Due to be weighed tomorrow. 6.5lb down in the last two weeks - LOVING the pro-point system!!!

The thing I'm struggling a little bit with is not really knowing what's good to eat that keeps me feeling filled for longer. I suppose Wholemeal versions of bread and pasta and that sort of thing, but any other suggestions?

Boiled eggs are my saviour!! I try not to have too many of them but I honest to god notice on the days where I have a boiled egg for breakfast, I could go until 2pm without feeling remotely hungry. They're a lifesaver :)

You are an absolute inspiration, I have one silver seven so far and a LOT more to work towards (a good 4 stone's worth) and on the days where I want to stamp my feet and eat crap, it's posts like yours that keep me motivated enough to know that I can do this and I will do this. Well done, HUGE congratulations, you're amazing!

WI tomorrow, actually looking forward to it, it motivates me for the week - not going to make the mistake of weighing in on my own scales first - I seem to have evil chocolate-loving scales that weigh me SIX POUNDS lighter than the WW scales. Best of luck to anyone with WI tonight/tomorrow :) xxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Well done Monife! Did ya get your 50lb cert?! Fab news!!!:D:D

Thanks for all the well wishes guys, feeling really positive and motivated now and all the nice wishes makes me feel more motivated :D Going to mega-multi-quote now....
    I am up 5 ilbs and still cant stop i have to be weighed again tomorrow I am trying to take it one meal at a time and hopefully I will get back on track soon because it was hard work to lose 46lbs to begin with and i am less than half way to goal
    bubbaloo wrote: »
    She said to look at the bigger picture - take out my WW card and see the weight I have lost (45lbs)

Aspie mum, sorry to hear about what you are going through. Just think about how far you have come and how well you have done and keep trucking through and show all those bitchy people what you have inside you.

@Aspie mum and Bubaloo, you both have lost similar amount to me when I hit a wall. I lost 43lb by April easter weekend and hit a major wall, over the next 11 weeks I only lost 4lb. Up 1 down 1 up 1/2 down a half etc etc and then I took out my weightloss tracker last week, and thought "oh my god" I have only lost 4lb in 11 weeks and have paid €110 to weightwatchers, for what like... I think that gave me a bit a of a kick!!! What I did was got back into it (like Lainy) one small step at a time. I used to exercise minimum 5 times a week and during my slump, didnt exercise at all. So last week I exercised 2 times and this week it was 4 times and I got PP friendly treats for work so I wouldnt go to the canteen or vending machine. Just take it one small step at a time and you will get back into it :)
    You are an absolute inspiration, I have one silver seven so far and a LOT more to work towards (a good 4 stone's worth) and on the days where I want to stamp my feet and eat crap, it's posts like yours that keep me motivated enough to know that I can do this and I will do this. Well done, HUGE congratulations, you're amazing!

Thank you so much, that is so sweet... Hope I motivate people as much as the people on this thread motivate me :)
    newbee22 wrote: »
    Well done Monife! Did ya get your 50lb cert?! Fab news!!!:D:D

Thanks :) No, stand in leader so I hopefully will get it next week :D

As I said, had a stand in leader, and she didn't tell me if my PP allowance changed. Does anyone know how to calculate my PP allowance (in case it has changed)? I am 5ft 3" and 14 stone 9lb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I'm just looking at my card there, I have gone down points with every next half stone bracket I'm in,(From what I can make out!) dunno if it depends on height though!I'm 5ft 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

Well done Monife. Thank you so much for your post. So many times I've read your posts and thought that's me! I'm so glad you got back to losing xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

That is fantastic, well done you, you're a real inspiration

Tmeos wrote: »
    That is fantastic, well done you, you're a real inspiration

Thanks everyone again :)

Still 5 stone to go, but am going to continue taking it one mini goal at a time. Has worked for me so far :) 5lb away from 8th silver seven and 4 stone lost :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Congratulation to everyone who is persevering... i got to my half a stone tonight after 11 weeks, it was slow but now it has all been worth it.
    Just wanted to say that my problem has always been emotional eating or so i thought.. but i have discovered that i have a sugar intolerance which manifests itself by me eating sugar and then my body reacting by making me want to eat, eat, eat... even though i know i am not hungry .. and the more stodgey the food the better
    I have pretty much given up on sugar, apart from the odd nairns oatcakes with ginger:) and guess what i no longer mindlessly eat eat eat!
    Just something for you ladies to think about...

On another note, i am a veteran WW girl but this time round i notice that the bod is all going south! weight is coming off but i still have a belly .. damn you over forties muffin top:(

Guess i will have to do some toning exercises (HATE exercise:o)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement