Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Monife wrote: »
    BOOOOOOOM!!!!! Smashed through 2 mini goals tonight :D:D:D:D

Down 3lb tonight at WI :D:D:D Think I have my mojo back :) Hopefully won't jinxed it.

Got my 7th :D Silver Seven and have lost 50lb to date :D

Congratulations. Well done & well deserved. Hope the wedding plans are going well too.
    aspie mum wrote: »
    WIth the summer holidays and lack of routine I am totaly gone of the walls.

Sorry to hear things aren't going so well. Good luck tomorrow & with finding your lost mojo again.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭MaggieMay2

-1.5lb tonight. Woop woop. I was about to be negative and say if I only had lost one more I would have got my silver seven but its a marathon not a race and it's going in the right direction!! :) Some great losses this week, well done all....

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

NimmyZ wrote: »
    havana wrote: »
    I feel I'm doing well on the food front but it's the excersise I really need to get myself motivated on. Thats why your post really inspired me NimmyZ. I down loaded a C25K app but just can't seem to give myself the push to start it. I can be pretty lazy when it comes to excersise and while I could walk all day I can't motivate myself to actually get out for a walk. I can walk forever to get somewhere but not for excersise sake if that makes sense!!!

I work long hours which is always a great excuse for not doing any excersise. So my promise to myself after reading your post is that I'll do day one tomorrow!!!

Well done Havana! Over 8 pounds in 4 weeks is fantastic! I know what you mean when it comes to doing exercise for exercise's sake. If you look at it like that it's boring, it's daunting, it's impossible.
    I actually had butterflies in my stomach on week 1 day 1 of the plan. I didn't know what to expect. But it was easy (yes, at 17 stone at the time it was easy!). Jog for 60 seconds, then walk for 3 minutes? I can do that! And I did.
    I stopped putting it off and just went and did it. The sense of accomplishment I felt afterward was amazing. I couldn't believe I had actually done it. I went jogging! ME! Every time I go out I am still kind of in awe of what I am doing.
    Keep your pace slow and if it gets too tough just go back and repeat some of the earlier weeks if you feel you are not ready to go to the next step.

Well life took over today and I didn't get to start the C25K. But as I ended up over the other side of the city from home I decided to walk. It's just shy of 5km and I walked at a fairly brisk pace, home in 45 mins. Walked about 10 km in total today. So although I didn't stick to my original plan I at least got some excersise in.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Some great motivation and inspiration here these days -

Monife - congrats, you can hear the positivity in your post! far as I know no one goes below 29 points, I'm 14st 5 and 1/2 pounds and 5'4" and on 29 pp's daily.

NimmyZ - your story is so honest and you're doing brilliantly, well done!

AspieMom, sorry to hear things have been a bit rough, great your hubby is helping you along, and you seem to have turned the corner anyway and are positive about it now so little steps....

Have to go to an evening meeting tomorrow due to work, not so keen on that as one weighs a little lighter in the morning but anyway will have to do evenings for a while so I suppose it'll pan out next week - fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 macker4

wow well done everyone on great losses!!!! its brilliant!! i was down 3 tonight!! I am delighted!! really motivated now. holidays in 3 weeks so hoping for a silver seven by then! yipeeeeeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Only down a half tonight, got my 1st silver 7 but am so disappointed as I did better this week than the two previous weeks were I got big enough losses. Walked 5 days stuck to my dailies and used 6 weeklies. Didn't even have any alcohol!!! Don't really understand it to be honest :-( don't get me wrong, I'm delighted wit my half stone loss just think I deserved a better result this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

my exercise for the past few days has consisted of Dance Central on Xbox. It's a workout but it's actually really fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Monife congrats. I know how much you're struggled over the last few months. You're an inspiration. You're the perfect example that even if times get tough, keep at it and the awards will come :) You have made me determined to work hard for the next week.
    Boop22 wrote: »
    Only down a half tonight, got my 1st silver 7 but am so disappointed as I did better this week than the two previous weeks were I got big enough losses. Walked 5 days stuck to my dailies and used 6 weeklies. Didn't even have any alcohol!!! Don't really understand it to be honest :-( don't get me wrong, I'm delighted wit my half stone loss just think I deserved a better result this week.

Our bodies don't necessarily work WI to WI. Chances are you will see that good work on the scales in a few days time or at next weeks WI. I always find that my exercise never registers that particular week. Keep at it and it will eventually show.

Missed my WI tonight because of work. I'm hoping to get to one tomorrow morning. I've a feeling I could be up. I've been feeling very bloated all day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 NimmyZ

Monife wrote: »
    Thanks everyone again :)

Still 5 stone to go, but am going to continue taking it one mini goal at a time. Has worked for me so far :) 5lb away from 8th silver seven and 4 stone lost :)

Hey Monife - well done. You're the first person I've noticed here who has a story almost exactly the same as mine. I just got my 50 lb cert a few weeks back and I have 5 stone still to go too.
    NOT that I am belittling those who want to lose a stone or two - But, it feels good to know that there are others here like me who need to lose what is essentially the weight of another person.
    I'm in this for the long haul and expect it to take a full year (at least) so I'm really glad I stumbled upon you! :D

havana wrote: »
    Well life took over today and I didn't get to start the C25K. But as I ended up over the other side of the city from home I decided to walk. It's just shy of 5km and I walked at a fairly brisk pace, home in 45 mins. Walked about 10 km in total today. So although I didn't stick to my original plan I at least got some excersise in.

That's the spirit!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

Boop22 wrote: »

Did you use your weeklies the other two weeks? Just curious because I've found my losses are smaller when I don't use them. I do a lot of exercise too but I generally don't use the activity points. It's trial and error I suppose but maybe try using them all this week and see how you do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight - hope to God I'm down as have been fairly good this week! I'd be happy with even half a pound after the last few weeks!

Have a fairly messy weekend coming up! A whole Harry Potter day tomorrow with my friends - we are such geeks :p So food wise, it probably won't be the best, although planning on getting out and running 10k in the morning so hopefully that will negate some of the damage! :)

Fair play to everyone on their losses this week! Monife, you did wonderful :) You are going to look FABULOUS in your wedding dress :D

Tmeos wrote: »
    Did you use your weeklies the other two weeks? Just curious because I've found my losses are smaller when I don't use them. I do a lot of exercise too but I generally don't use the activity points. It's trial and error I suppose but maybe try using them all this week and see how you do.

Hi Tmeos,

I used nearly all my weeklies last week and about half of them in my 1st week. I plan on using them all this weekend as I am going away tomorrow and it will be a weekend of heavy drinking:rolleyes: So thats why I was looking for a decent loss yesterday:( Ah well only thing to do is to stick with it I suppose and hope the results show eventually. Oh and I never use my activity points.

[/QUOTE] As I said, had a stand in leader, and she didn't tell me if my PP allowance changed. Does anyone know how to calculate my PP allowance (in case it has changed)? I am 5ft 3" and 14 stone 9lb :)[/QUOTE]

Monife,

I calculated ur points allowance as 32 PP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

congrats to all on their WI's. I stayed the same this week but im happy as I was away for the weekend. I expected to be up a few lbs...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

feeling positive today :D got to sleep at a reasonable time....woke up at a decent time :D

Sun is shining :) Feeling positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hotfire

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    feeling positive today :D got to sleep at a reasonable time....woke up at a decent time :D

Sun is shining :) Feeling positive!

Its always easier when the sun is shinning :). I always have more energy in summer. I also have a bigger appetite :rolleyes:

hotfire wrote: »
    Its always easier when the sun is shinning :). I always have more energy in summer. I also have a bigger appetite :rolleyes:

when i'm not sleeping properly my energy is at zero and my appetite goes out of control! So hopefully this means my sleeping pattern is back in order..cos i was sleeping in really late and then that would throw my whole day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

new thing i'm having today is adding more points to brekkie....seeing if it keeps me going longer throughout the day....
    Today I'm trying using more filling points in my brekkie...to actually FILL ME up!

Upped my readybrek to 50g + 150ml skimmed milk, with the pears, and cup of coffee with dash of skimmed milk so 6pp

i aways have 50g of ready brek for breakfast,, made with 250 ml water,,and some frozen berries,,great brekkie for 5pp:D,,when i started ww i used to have 30g but i'd be starving in no time,,this keeps me going till 2,,just in time for lunch:)
    weighed myself this morn and am 9st 2,thats 9lbs under my goal weight,but leader said it's fine as long as i dont go under a bmi of 20:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

hey all, havent been on here in ages!! have totally fallen off the wagon last month to 6 weeks!! have been going to get weighed every week and have been up and down every week as my heart hasnt been in it at all and gone back to my old ways!! exercise is totally out the window too!!

after crazy weekend in oxegen i was up 4 pounds!!!!! im one over my limit to stay in gold so next week ill have to pay!! im really hoping its the kick i need!! the next few weeks are full of hens, weddings and weekends away.....i just wanna hibernate!!

well done to everyone losing and staying the same!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Tmeos

when i'm not sleeping properly my energy is at zero and my appetite goes out of control! So hopefully this means my sleeping pattern is back in order..cos i was sleeping in really late and then that would throw my whole day off.

Getting up early is definitely important, the baby woke me at 5am this morning and I was cursing her but I got a three mile walk in and had drank my 2 ltrs of water by 9am so I worked out well in the long run :)

Tmeos wrote: »
    Getting up early is definitely important, the baby woke me at 5am this morning and I was cursing her but I got a three mile walk in and had drank my 2 ltrs of water by 9am so I worked out well in the long run :)

I definitely feel better the days I wake up at a decent time! Getting my natural mojo back :)

:D

I've noticed a few questions on here from people asking how to work out your PP allowance.

It used to be printed on the WW books you got with the old system. But now, only your leader tells you your allowance. This is because it isn't based solely on weight versus height. There's a lot more to it these days with the new system

Well, I found this handy guideline and it's accurate as far as I can tell.
    (BTW - I am not affiliated with WW and this should not be used as an alternative to actually going to your class)

Those of you who miss a week or are just curious see below:

Edit: This is completely bogus! Based on several members' calculations it's all wrong. So please IGNORE.

Move along now... nothing to see here....!

(sorry everyone!)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

Before this thread gets locked or merged with the main WW thread I want to point out that the minimum points a woman can have is 29men may be higher.

If I go by that formula I would only have 22pp which is incorrect. My allowance has & always has been 29. I'm posting this in case any lurkers are reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Not quite accurate. This formula gives me 20, whereas I am on 29 pps - the minimum for WW.

Female (2) + Age 42 (2) + Weight 151 lbs (15) + Height 5'8" (1) = 20

Posted the same time as you Kay! Just wanted to highlight that point too.

:) Fofany we posted at the same time so yep this formula may not be 100% accurate so users beware!

Hi everyone :) well done on all the losses Monife I'm thrilled for you especially :D good on you!

I needed to take a break from this thread but I've very much still been on the WW bandwagon good wk so far lots of cooking I made a gorgeous Thai curry but the points are higher than I'd like per portion because of the coconut milk anybody any ideas for a good low fat substitute? The can of reduced fat coconut milk had 15pp in it :eek: I got 4 portions but I'd like to lower it if possible!

Just had lovely lunch :D really pleased with my self!

One Large Chicken breast diced and fried in water, its more like boiling the chicken actually :D 4pp

Zero Point Salad (Lettuce, Onion, Gerkins, Cucumber, Spring Onions, Cherry Tomatoes)

Home Made Ceaser Dressing
    (based on come dine with me ww recipe)

40g Bramwells (aldi) Extra light Mayo
    1 teaspoon of Linessa (lidl) Soft Cheese (about 15g)
    1 teaspoon ground pepper (red,black,green)
    1 Tablespoon of lemon juice (from a bottle or fresh)
    Dash of water...depends how runny you like it :D

Comes out really creamy! LOVELY and all for 1pp!

Chicken 4pp + Dressing 1pp + Salad 0pp = 5pp :D and Stuffed :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

That works me out at 20 but I also have 29 according to the leader in my class. My mother who is twice my age and much larger also has 29.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Just had lovely lunch :D really pleased with my self!

One Large Chicken breast diced and fried in water, its more like boiling the chicken actually :D 4pp

Zero Point Salad (Lettuce, Onion, Gerkins, Cucumber, Spring Onions, Cherry Tomatoes)

Home Made Ceaser Dressing
    (based on come dine with me ww recipe)

40g Bramwells (aldi) Extra light Mayo
    1 teaspoon of Linessa (lidl) Soft Cheese (about 15g)
    1 teaspoon ground pepper (red,black,green)
    1 Tablespoon of lemon juice (from a bottle or fresh)
    Dash of water...depends how runny you like it :D

Comes out really creamy! LOVELY and all for 1pp!

Chicken 4pp + Dressing 1pp + Salad 0pp = 5pp :D and Stuffed :D

Thanks Lainy think I will adapt this for dinner! I normally use make a dressing with balsamic vinegar and sweetchilli sauce a tiny bit of olive oil its yummy as well!

Had WI today was down 2 pounds! hoping to repeat that this week want to get my second silver 7 and first stone in the next few weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement