Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever stood up to scumbags?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Nah last time I got in a fight with some scumbags my mom sent me off to Bel air

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

This incident still makes me laugh.....

Picture the scene - One fine warm day 3 young chaps go to the curry shop for some nice three and one specials. Had one chip out of the tray and cue about six scumbags outside the curry shop with the "What did ya call me Ma?" lingo.

The other two I'm with scarper after they get a slap each, I thought better and launched the flaming hot tray of curry chips into the biggest fellas face and smashed my way out of the rest of the fracas with the can of coke in my pocket. I walked home pretty hungry but content that I sent one fella running home with a roaring red face and covered in curry.

Me 1 - Shams - 0

How mad. I had pretty much a similar incident.
    Came out of the Indian takeaway carrying a few trays of spicy goodness and was confronted by 4 tracksuit-clad ruffians looking for trouble.
    'Wot yer got der buddy' one asks, before throwing a punch. At this rate, the trays go flying to the ground. My inner rage kicks in, and I unleash hell, pushing and kicking the crap outta them. 3 of them scarper away into the evening sun but the remaining scamp doesn't give in.
    He tries to take the legs from under me, but I manage to block, and hit him a good right hook.... *THUD*
    He's still in intensive care... he slipped into a korma.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

I've never been in a fight but would like to be in a good one so that I could know how I would react in a fight. I know when I get angry blood rushes to my head and I lose my hearing. Also would love to teach some scumbags who are harressing people a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I've never been in a fight but would like to be in a good one so that I could know how I would react in a fight. I know when I get angry blood rushes to my head and I lose my hearing. Also would love to teach some scumbags who are harressing people a lesson.

Generally the tradition is that in your first fight you get your ass handed to you. :)

I've gotten involved in assorted situations in the past...some were diffused very quickly and others escalated.

Edit : Didn't even spot this was a zombie thread...i was too caught up in the spine/eye stabbing stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

Chased down 2 guys who robbed a phone in the middle of the day off a girl. They weren't up to much for fitness so when I caught them they just were bent over wheezing and gave it back.

Another time a messer used something like a peashooter from a pen with wet paper in it to hit me in the face, chased him down the street to show him not to do that again. Still kind of regret not making more of an example of him e.g. grab his t-shirt and use it to attach him to railings and just leave him there pantsed in front of the traffic on the quays. Next time...

I would be wary about confronting 3 or more guys though, you could get some real damage like that if they managed to gang up on you. My Dad's advice was always that if you get cornered like that, you hit the biggest of them good and hard, to scare off the smaller ones who look upto him as their main man. Otherwise you'd just have to take them on one by one until you reached the biggest one and that'd suck.

Back in school days I was getting bullied for some days before I went and gave one of the 3 of them the biggest kick up the hole ever and that put a stop to it after that. Bullies are cowards, they pick on what they perceive to be weak targets, they often shy away when they meet resistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I collected the mother from the airport a few weeks back and while driving down the road some knack in a knackmobile clipped my wing mirror, no damage to mine so i said id drive on, next thing you know the muppets over take me and park up in front of me, so i jumped out of the car and asked whats his problem, he said i had broken his wing mirror, i looked at it then looked at him and then we both looked at wing mirror, being a knack he was fairly stupid and thought that pulling in his wing mirror meant that it was broken, so i pulled it out and said theres natin wrong with that, so after a heated debate he then said it was scratched, so again i looked at the mirror then at him then we both looked, i said it was grand and dont be annoying me, now i aint the fightin type but im more than able to handle myself this mog was juiced up on gear but wasnt really afraid of him, but when his 2 buddies in the back decided to join in on the action the odds were slim...so anyways he said that it will have to be completletely resprayed and to give him 100 euro or we call the cops, so i said we'll call the cops so, he looked at me rather puzzled and his friends were looking rather shifty, i went back to my car and asked my traveller friend shall i ring them?? He then squared up to me and said im a dead man so i smiled...my 65 year old mother then got out of the car and told them to **** off and with a look of complete astonishment and half a laugh he told her to **** off you grey haired bitch at which point my mom took out a tyre iron that was on the floor or my car (it just happened to be there as i had to change a wheel for the gf's sister. He then said that he will stab me in the heart and walked off....word to the wise dont **** with my maw...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

hardCopy wrote: »
    He hasn't posted in 3 years:D .

Dammit I was caught by the bollox with that one eh!.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    How mad. I had pretty much a similar incident.
    Came out of the Indian takeaway carrying a few trays of spicy goodness and was confronted by 4 tracksuit-clad ruffians looking for trouble.
    'Wot yer got der buddy' one asks, before throwing a punch. At this rate, the trays go flying to the ground. My inner rage kicks in, and I unleash hell, pushing and kicking the crap outta them. 3 of them scarper away into the evening sun but the remaining scamp doesn't give in.
    He tries to take the legs from under me, but I manage to block, and hit him a good right hook.... *THUD*
    He's still in intensive care... he slipped into a korma.

lol, very good :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

I collected the mother from the airport a few weeks back and while driving down the road some knack in a knackmobile clipped my wing mirror, no damage to mine so i said id drive on, next thing you know the muppets over take me and park up in front of me, so i jumped out of the car and asked whats his problem, he said i had broken his wing mirror, i looked at it then looked at him and then we both looked at wing mirror, being a knack he was fairly stupid and thought that pulling in his wing mirror meant that it was broken, so i pulled it out and said theres natin wrong with that, so after a heated debate he then said it was scratched, so again i looked at the mirror then at him then we both looked, i said it was grand and dont be annoying me, now i aint the fightin type but im more than able to handle myself this mog was juiced up on gear but wasnt really afraid of him, but when his 2 buddies in the back decided to join in on the action the odds were slim...so anyways he said that it will have to be completletely resprayed and to give him 100 euro or we call the cops, so i said we'll call the cops so, he looked at me rather puzzled and his friends were looking rather shifty, i went back to my car and asked my traveller friend shall i ring them?? He then squared up to me and said im a dead man so i smiled...my 65 year old mother then got out of the car and told them to **** off and with a look of complete astonishment and half a laugh he told her to **** off you grey haired bitch at which point my mom took out a tyre iron that was on the floor or my car (it just happened to be there as i had to change a wheel for the gf's sister. He then said that he will stab me in the heart and walked off....word to the wise dont **** with my maw...

made me think of this-

STOP! OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT HIT YOU WITH A TYRE IRON!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Yeah, I just get my Ma to sort those things out for me. She has a small black handbag filled with solid concrete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

I've never stood up to scumbags.

Because I am the scumbags, yes the tracksuit wearin', phlegm spittin', linden village drinkin', joint smokin' scum that you love to fear. (well i dont tink i'm scum but I am a patron of all of the above so your perception may be skewed)

But fear not, a lot of the time the fear is in the eye of the beholder, dont walk around with your head up your arse or buried in your phone and most of the time you'll be grand!

(Most) scumbags are like dogs, they can sense the fear in the middle class, and they prey on it, some are just pure scum and are best avoided at all costs, but hey, thats life i suppose...

So if you show them that you are potentially a fucking psychopath
    they will gladly leave you alone as you bound down the road screaming profanities at yourself between the lines of 'uptown girl' at the top of your voice, wearing nothing but a vest made of spaghetti and a sock covering your todger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Because I am the scumbags

You are a schizophrenic scumbag then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

So if you show them that you are potentially a fucking psychopath
    they will gladly leave you alone as you bound down the road screaming profanities at yourself between the lines of 'uptown girl' at the top of your voice, wearing nothing but a vest made of spaghetti and a sock covering your todger.

Id say that^ would be my first reaction. Just do a psychopath scream with your fists up in the air and your face pure red and I'd say they'd run a mile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Yeah a few times as a younger teen, but it was just stupid stuff that never ended with anything happening.

A Friend and I did manage to hold back like 20 of them one night last year after a drunken friend started on them all at a gig. We held them back with pure words! :eek: While enduring the barrage of insult and threats. It was a fun night and one of my more greater achievements :D

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

I stood up to a scummy c**t from dublin a few years ago he was in our local here in the sticks, trying to get my ex to buy drugs off him, so i mouthed off and he ended up getting me in a headlock and thumping me twice very hard in the face!

Did i mention i am a girl :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

greenybaby wrote: »
    I stood up to a scummy c**t from dublin a few years ago he was in our local here in the sticks, trying to get my ex to buy drugs off him, so i mouthed off and he ended up getting me in a headlock and thumping me twice very hard in the face!

Did i mention i am a girl :(

No you did not mention that.....until the end.....so bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I did, kind of, though I didn't injure any of them.
    I was working as a volunteer with the Civil Defence at a local summer fair, when I got a call from a friend of mine who was at the event. My friend is an Irish citizen of Turkish descent, and he was being threatened and racially abused (I think, I wasn't there when this part was happening so I don't really know, but definitely he was being threatened) by a bunch of drunk "scumbags", to use the OP's term. I went over, in uniform, and tried to calm the situation down.

That didn't work. After failing to calm them down, I threatened to call the police (who were at the event). Big mistake. The de facto "leader" of the gang (he was the biggest, the stupidest, the drunkest and the ugliest, so I assume he was the leader, though insights into scumbag hierarchies aren't my particular area of expertise) proceeded to try to punch me. Being big, drunk and slow, he missed several times, but he kept trying to punch me, and so I had to do something. Bearing in mind that I was in a Civil Defence uniform, I didn't want to be seen brawling with drunken louts, and definitely didn't want to injure one, as it wouldn't look good, but I had no choice but to react. So I caught one of his more ponderous punches, turned his arm into an arm lock, and shoved him to the ground, where I restrained him until the situation had been handled (surprisingly, by one of the more responsible of the gang of drunks, who calmed his cohorts down and told them to run away before the police got there). While I was restraining the leader, I was hit several times by the others in the back of the head and the side of the jaw, leaving me with some impressive bruises, but no major injuries.

tl;dr- Yeah, once, kind of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I tried to stand up to some scumbag who had a girl pinned up against the wall of a pub, screaming into her face. Got a broken nose for my troubles. Don't regret it though, I'd rather he hit me than her, and it was heading that way before I tried to pull him off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

If I've been drinking I'll do it in a minute. When sober I try and avoid all trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ItsAWindUp wrote: »
    I tried to stand up to some scumbag who had a girl pinned up against the wall of a pub, screaming into her face. Got a broken nose for my troubles. Don't regret it though, I'd rather he hit me than her, and it was heading that way before I tried to pull him off.

You tried to pull him off?? No wonder he hit you.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »

Yeah that's right, he had some girl pinned up against the wall in an aggressive manner, she was trying to get free and she was obviously in distress. Would you not have?

zerks wrote: »

I now see the joke that was your post:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I worked as a bouncer for a number of years so yea, ive had my run'ins with scumbags.

I guess the girl got jealous when you pulled her boyfriend off?.

Well it didn't happen to me exactly but a few years ago myself and a friend were walking past George's Arcade when some little scumbag ran up beside my friend and swiped the handbag off her shoulder. She'd just taken money out of the ATM and wasn't letting him away with it. So while I was busy oh my godding, she tore up the road after him, punched him in the back of the head and grabbed it back off him. Little s*hit just ran off while she screamed at him like a crazy lady. Later that night we were getting a taxi back into town, again going down George's street and guess who we spot...the little thief! So out hops my friend out of the car, runs up to yer man, punches him in the back of the head again and hops back in the taxi!!! And she's the quietest girl you'll ever meet...and tiny as well! I felt like such a wuss that day....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Few years ago I was walking from the pub to the nightclub with a mate. I stopped at an atm turned round and there were 6 scumbags surrounding me. I was a pudgy weakling who never even seen a fight let alone been in one. They accused me of insulting them etc and proceeded to kick seven shades out of me for no reason while my mate scarpered! I vowed that it would never happen again and took up Muay Thai (thai kickboxing) v brutal sport, weight training etc.

About a year ago I was out and seen 3 lads of this gang harassing a young lad waiting for a taxi. I saw red particularly after what they did to me and I battered them. Gave them such a hiding. I walked around with a big grin on my face for weeks!

I guess the girl got jealous when you pulled her boyfriend off?.

I've read this post about ten times and I still don't quite understand exactly what it is you're trying to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Well, I gave a banker the middle finger once.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Can't say I'm surprised that all the stories of people out looking for trouble is always a group of people and not an individual. Says all you need to know about the bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I've read this post about ten times and I still don't quite understand exactly what it is you're trying to say!

Whats there to understand:confused:
    he is guessing that when you stopped him from hitting her, she got annoyed you were at her boyfriend

Advertisement