Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever stood up to scumbags?

Options
  • 31-07-2007 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭

With so many stories going around about knacks, scumbags, chavs, scobies or whatever you want to call them, I often find myself imagining myself in these siutations and then doling out some well-needed justice against these wasters. Normally the risk of having a bunch of them kicking your head prevents people from standing up to them but does anyone have any good stories about themselves or other people (whether it be bus, cinema, street or whatever) standing up to 'em and giving them the treatment they truly deserve? Luckily I havent been put in such a situation but I would probably take the easy way out!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'll begin the "Whose knob is biggest" replies. Short answer, yes on more than one occassion, ending up in A and E wih a sliced face once but would do it again. Most scumbags bottle it when they realise you won't take their crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Stoped a drunk from sitting down on some Italian girls shopping one day. He was about 30 drinking whiskey absolutely flutered but still aggressive. It was something like you'd find in an American movie. Guy is drunk see's hottie trys to slobber all over her... etc.

I just told him to get back in his seat and leave her alone while everyone else just looked on. Bus driver came up then and told the guy to sit downstairs or he'll call the guards. Not exactly a great story but it was intense when there face to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I did once, and fared badly for it. in short I got my ass handed to me.

this wouldn't deter me tho. if some knackers started **** with me I wouldn't lie down and take it like a bitch, because I would rather take the odd beating (and land a few digs of my own) and keep my dignity than tuck tail and run every time, because they will keep getting away with it until people stand up to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I intervened in a melee many mons ago before chaves/skangers had even been invented (they were "thugs" back in the day!)

Twas in a New Years eve disco (cliche #94) not the real world so it may not even count. It was all over in about 5 seconds but had the desired effect of breaking up an incident and someone got saved from a beating.

Mike.

The Bollox wrote:
    I did once, and fared badly for it. in short I got my ass handed to me.

this wouldn't deter me tho. if some knackers started **** with me I wouldn't lie down and take it like a bitch, because I would rather take the odd beating (and land a few digs of my own) and keep my dignity than tuck tail and run every time, because they will keep getting away with it until people stand up to them

For a complete Bollox you talk sense.

• Advertisement

you wouldn't say that if you knew me, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

not really standing up to them.

But last Friday got off the bus for work and a group of them were walking towards me, and as I passed one of them thought it be a laugh to fake a stumble and drop the shoulder into me to see if he gets a rise out of me.

Sadly for him, I'm sort of big fella, use to play Rugby sort of learned to take the hit and keep moving.

Guy walloped into me, I kept moving forward he stumbled back and fell onto his mates.

didnt flinch an eyelid until I was around the corner and gave a nice big grin to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Some knackers were hassling my old man and the area in general. One day they lobbed a snow ball at the front door when we were in the hall waiting to go out. Me and my bro legged it out he went one way and I went around the block the other way. By the time I got around my bro was giving him a 'talking to', I came up behind him ****ed him on the ground and gave him a few solid boots in the back. There he was, lying in the snow crying. Genius! Never another word out of him or his posse. It really is all they understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Well, this isn't the story you're looking for (one with a good ending). There's been a big upsurge in Dublin scum being relocated to my small hometown in the west. Dirty fúckers have nothing to contribute to the town except steal, sell drugs, beat people up, and then go in & out of jail repeatedly thinking they're the shít each time they come out!

Now, last Thursday all my mates were in the local to start off their holiday (8 of them were going to Spain for a week the next morning). One of them went outside to talk to some girls when next thing somebody bottled him straight in the face. Naturally all the lads cleared out and legged it after the fúckers to where they got to a house where they were greeted with

the bottle-smashing culprit,
    one nasty-ass girl we know who is an absolute headcase and has put people in hospital
    and another guy we've known for years (Mr. X, we'll say) who's part of a very, very big "never get on the fúckin' wrong side of them" family.

Two of them had a claw hammer and a lump hammer and start swinging away at my mates. Luckily, nobody got hit and it dispersed pretty quickly. But the next night in the pub everyone was on edge cuz they were expected a gigantic army to come in and cause hell (These people have no limits!) but nothing happened and we had a good night. However, on Sat night after the nite-club one of my friends was greeted by the bottler and Mr.X while he was alone with his girlfriend. Needless to say the bottler start punching my friend who couldn't do anything cuz if he did Mr.X would be on the phone and 50 million brothers, cousins, family friends that would be on the scene to litteraly kill him. Now, Mr.X is looking to kill another one of my friend's cuz the headcase girl was swinging a claw hammer at him so we assume he thinks my frined done something to her. Doesn't matter, it's too late for convincing him.

Now this is our hometown and we've had fights with all sorts of groups (boy racers, etc) but this is one fight that we don't know how to disarm. This is the kind of shít that will end with someone in a coma, seriously. My friend who got bottled has had to have his face stitched back together. We've always had lil' meaningless squabbles with the guy (who is a young guy in his teens) but he stepped up the mark by using a weapon out of the blue and after unleashing a world of craziness upon my friend's!

zuutroy wrote:
    Some knackers were hassling my old man and the area in general. One day they lobbed a snow ball at the front door when we were in the hall waiting to go out. Me and my bro legged it out he went one way and I went around the block the other way. By the time I got around my bro was giving him a 'talking to', I came up behind him ****ed him on the ground and gave him a few solid boots in the back. There he was, lying in the snow crying. Genius! Never another word out of him or his posse. It really is all they understand.

What kind of hassle may I ask? Because kicking somebody on the ground for throwing a snowball seems a bit like overkill, some would say cowardly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

A few years ago on the 46a, yes the "posh bus".

Anyway these 4 or 5 knackers got on and there was a kid from a posh school the one neear the radisson on the N11, sitting across and behind me, the scummers sat all around him they were about 17-18 i was 22. Anyway the kid was trying to get off a deansgrand and the summers just kept pulling him back by the little loop thing on his bag, he was pretty much about to cry and i had had enough just got up grabbed the **** who was sitting behind him and told him id **** him out the window if he didnt leave him alone, he practically pissed himself as i'm not exactly a small guy but not huge either, though i didn have a fresh zero blade that day! the kid just looked and said "thanks mister" made my week!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, I have a bit of an agressive streak unfortunately...

Collie D wrote:
    What kind of hassle may I ask?

Throwing stuff at him while he was working, nicking his tools, verbal abuse. Also giving my sister hassle. Trust me, the snowball incident was a drop in the ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I was walking up james Street one night after work and a gang of 15 year old knack bags started to shout things at me.

Being a girl I just ignored it and kept going. One idiot had to take it further and threw a rock at me, I ran at him and grabbed him by the hood and ripped it off and handed it to him.

You should have seen his little rat boy **** box face.

TheGooner 1 - Rat Boy 0

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Once, a local hard man tried to headbutt me but as he was a bit on the small side I just lowered my head and he cracked his own on my hard noggin.
    Never seen anyone look so embarrassed in front of his fellow yobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

TheGooner wrote:
    I was walking up james Street one night after work and a gang of 15 year old knack bags started to shout things at me.

Being a girl I just ignored it and kept going. One idiot had to take it further and threw a rock at me, I ran at him and grabbed him by the hood and ripped it off and handed it to him.

You should have seen his little rat boy **** box face.

TheGooner 1 - Rat Boy 0

:D:D

Class a girl friend of mine did that one night, some lad in his teens was calling her a tart etc for wearing a short skirt she ran over and jacked him in front of about 5o people, she then slagged him for having a short knob!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jackal

In rasher byrnes in templebar getting a post pub breakfast roll and one of the scumbags in front was doling out the racism to the chinese staff making his roll. I said something to them i.e. shut up with that talk. He left, or so i thought until I got a cowardly punch in the back of the head from this fella. I must have a thick skull, because it hurt a bit but not too badly, I was raging, went outside and it was a bit handbags at dawn, bit of a scuffle but no punches landed. The guy was bigger and most certainly rougher than me, my mate who was with me (and was not helping!) kept telling me he thought the guy was making shapes like he had a knife. So in the end just walked away, not worth getting knifed over. Racists, head-the-balls, scumbags - all cowards in an even fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

Class a girl friend of mine did that one night, some lad in his teens was calling her a tart etc for wearing a short skirt she ran over and jacked him in front of about 5o people, she then slagged him for having a short knob!
    He called her a tart so she jacked him off in public? She sure showed him

Classy bird :D

zuutroy wrote:
    Throwing stuff at him while he was working, nicking his tools, verbal abuse. Also giving my sister hassle. Trust me, the snowball incident was a drop in the ocean.

Fair enough, few slaps probably deserved but just cannot stand people kicking people on the ground...or uneven numbers for that matter.

ah yeah, but the adrenaline was flowing, and I wasn't really concerned with the ethics of ass-kicking at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Rarely any bother here, like mike65 in the time of the 'dishcos', had an odd run in with a rummie or two who would be bothering some of the young 'uns. Just telling them to **** off or shut up and they would wander off which is lucky because I haven't hit anyone in my life so I would probably hurt myself more. :)

only if it was a life or death situation would I break the fighing etiquite i.e. kicking a guy in the happy sack or kicking a guy when he's down. if it was a life or death situation I also wouldn't pull any punches on a fighter just because they happen to be female

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

There primitives, and they fear there lives as much as well whatever you call yourself, neither wants to die and if they think your up for it they will back down especially when its just over a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

On the nitelink a good few years back, sober and sitting with a guy I met getting on that I went to school with. We're sitting upstairs opposite the stairs. Gang of 16 year old scumbags with their girlfriends are down the back opening the emergency window, roaring abuse, usual crap. Anyway half way home it ends up with just them and us upstairs so they start flicking cigarette butts, coming up beside us to try and scab money, anything to provoke a fight.
    The guy I'm sitting with has enough when they empty a can of beer over his back so next minute the 2 of us are standing side by side both aware if we let any of them behind us we're fooked.
    Went on for a few minutes, 2 of us and around 8 scumbags trying to punch us, none with the brains to climb over the seats thankfully.
    Bus driver who had already had to stop when they opened the window had had enough at this stage so pulls in to the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, comes up stairs roaring at them to sit down and stands between us to let us downstairs.
    Tells them to stay put and opens the door so we can sit down and have a smoke while we wait for the police to arrive. Not a peep from upstairs at this stage.
    Anyway gardai arrive and the whole lot of them come down, not looking tough anymore as half of them are crying. Only notice then that not one of them has got away without a mark, a black eye here, bloody nose there while myself and the guy I know haven't got a scratch on us.
    The tallest of them were still a few inches shorter than either of us so none of them could reach us upstairs!
    So there we are, between Kinsealy and Malahide, all of them apologising and saying they'd been trying to get the others to stop while the guards throw a few of the known trouble makers in the squad car and the bus driver tells the rest of them to get the f*ck off and walk.
    It was at least 5 miles to Portmarnock, 4.00am and p*ssing rain in the middle of winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

saturday night in the centra up the road from reds two scumbags were abusing the black bouncer and my mate (about half there size) ran up and reefed them out of the shop and told the racists pricks to fuk of. they then pushed him against the wall about to kik the **** out of them which is when i had had to get in between and tell them to **** off.....im quite tall and have a shaved head so can be pretty intimidating even tho iv never been in a fight really so they scarpered fairly fastish.

i just told my mate well done but dont do it again unless hes prepared to get stabbed as it could happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Collie D wrote:
    Fair enough, few slaps probably deserved but just cannot stand people kicking people on the ground...or uneven numbers for that matter.

I have to be honest and admit to putting the boot into a downed opponent, but only because we were outnumbered 3 to 1 and he had a weapon.

Put him down and keep him down if he's trying to cut you. Pull a knife and whatever comes your way is karma.

Both professionally and personally i have been involved in a few incidents. I have always been lucky and made it out in one piece but often times have had to up the ante to keep someone down to ensure my safety or the safety of another. I'd love to say i feel bad about this but the simple fact is that all incidents were forced.

Personally i believe it's better that most people just walk away, but i understand folk getting involved as i find it impossible to walk away myself.

I'll never regret getting involved either, as one night i did prevent a potential rape and saved one poor boy from a beating that was rapidly escalating into a murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

oh ye the same mate and another stopped a guy getting the **** kicked out of him on the ground buy 4 lads from the country somewhere. the guy on the ground had a eyebrow piercing that was hanging on by a thread of skin and had pretty bad concussion so we rang the ambulance and waited as he was collapsing and stuff but as soon as he got sum sorta whips he started going on about how the people he knows are going to murder those 4 boggers blah blah blah and he was clearly a scumbag himself and prob started it so that annoyed me a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

My brother used to live on Leinster Road in Rathmines and one afternoon we were both walking back to his place talking a shortcut past the secondary school.

Two young scumbag fellas (only aged about 10-12) appeared behind us and started calling us "paedos" and "f@gs" etc, the usual sort of stuff you hear from their extremely limited vocabulary arsenal.

anyway, they kept following us and as we got close to my brothers place I whispered to him "better not let these knackers see where you live".

So, we turned around and pretended to chase after them hoping they would run away. They didnt, so with no real thought I just stuck my hand and grabbed his throat (no major pressue applied).

I glance over to my brother beside me (my brother is by no means big but he is very strong) and he also has the other scum by the throat...except he also has him lifted up off the ground!!

After a few seconds my brother drops the gypsy and this time he does decide to run. As he is just about to start running I take a swing and I boot the fcuker up the hole. I must have walloped him real hard cos my ankle sure as hell hurt afterwards.

Result! The tears finally start and he tells us he'll get his ma down!! HAHA!!

LOL! I haven't heard that one in a LONG time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I've kicked a couple of them out of the shop I work in and stood up to some travellers before who were pure scum.

Advertisement