Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever stood up to scumbags?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Got involved several times over the years,sometimes it was my business sometimes it wasnt and i just wanted to even the odds a bit.Last time i remember,there was three blokes and a girl had sorrounded some skinny indian guy at the bus stop beside the virgin megastore.They kinda dropped thier voices to a hush as i walked by and then i heard one of them say "we're ****in asking you for money,,understand?".I turned around,walked up to the biggest of them and said "Is everything okay here,lads?",he completely bottled it and the whole lot of them slunk away.This episode was no big deal but i will not walk by and let somebody from another country(or anywhere) get mugged by gutless,bullying cowards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Duggy747 wrote:
    Now this is our hometown and we've had fights with all sorts of groups (boy racers, etc) but this is one fight that we don't know how to disarm. This is the kind of shít that will end with someone in a coma, seriously. My friend who got bottled has had to have his face stitched back together. We've always had lil' meaningless squabbles with the guy (who is a young guy in his teens) but he stepped up the mark by using a weapon out of the blue and after unleashing a world of craziness upon my friend's!

Jaysus man, call the guards. It's the only legal thing you can do. That or black hiace, balaclavas, cement shoes and a trip to the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dragan wrote:
    I have to be honest and admit to putting the boot into a downed opponent, but only because we were outnumbered 3 to 1 and he had a weapon.

Put him down and keep him down if he's trying to cut you. Pull a knife and whatever comes your way is karma.

Well I can't argue with that. If you're outnumbered and the scumbag has a blade all is fair in my eyes. I know if it was me and somebody pulled a knife on me, they had better be prepared to use it because they are getting a severe hiding if I get the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Lads, your saints. Personally after doing 4 different styles of marial arts over the years I have not met one instructor who has said "if he goes down stop hurting him".

Trust me if a bloke / blokes start(s) a fight with you knock him out any way possible. If that means a punch in the head while he's trying to get back up so be it. He'd do it to you break his arm or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Walk away if possible but if you find yourself surrounded or need to roll the sleeves up, this I suppose is the next best thing to proper training:

That's part 1 of 11, the rest can be found here:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

DamoKen wrote:
    On the nitelink a good few years back, sober and sitting with a guy I met getting on that I went to school with. We're sitting upstairs opposite the stairs. Gang of 16 year old scumbags with their girlfriends are down the back opening the emergency window, roaring abuse, usual crap. Anyway half way home it ends up with just them and us upstairs so they start flicking cigarette butts, coming up beside us to try and scab money, anything to provoke a fight.
    The guy I'm sitting with has enough when they empty a can of beer over his back so next minute the 2 of us are standing side by side both aware if we let any of them behind us we're fooked.
    Went on for a few minutes, 2 of us and around 8 scumbags trying to punch us, none with the brains to climb over the seats thankfully.
    Bus driver who had already had to stop when they opened the window had had enough at this stage so pulls in to the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, comes up stairs roaring at them to sit down and stands between us to let us downstairs.
    Tells them to stay put and opens the door so we can sit down and have a smoke while we wait for the police to arrive. Not a peep from upstairs at this stage.
    Anyway gardai arrive and the whole lot of them come down, not looking tough anymore as half of them are crying. Only notice then that not one of them has got away without a mark, a black eye here, bloody nose there while myself and the guy I know haven't got a scratch on us.
    The tallest of them were still a few inches shorter than either of us so none of them could reach us upstairs!
    So there we are, between Kinsealy and Malahide, all of them apologising and saying they'd been trying to get the others to stop while the guards throw a few of the known trouble makers in the squad car and the bus driver tells the rest of them to get the f*ck off and walk.
    It was at least 5 miles to Portmarnock, 4.00am and p*ssing rain in the middle of winter :)

Hah, best so far :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

Holy god... dont fancy getting on the wrong side of that guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

A friend of mine was walking to work one morning and there was this little
    skanger boy shoutin abuse and throwing empty cans at him. My friend didn't do anything, apart from getting a good look at him. Later on that day, he was on his way to Tesco and spotted him outside. He went inside, did his shopping, which included a large sharp knife for 1.89. When he came out he stopped a few yards away from him and pretended to take a call on his mobile and crouched down to take the knife out of the packet.

The scumbag didn't notice him or recognise him; my friend went up behind him and stabbed him in the spine and then stabbed another one of his friends, an eight year old girl, in the eyes. Now the skanger is paralysed, and the girl, his sister has severe brain damage.

On the plus side they are both now better people, they sometimes help collect funds for the disabled.

My friend is the hero of our group and he never has to buy drinks anymore. He never gets any lip from his students anymore and I hear he is going to be Principal

skanger boy shoutin abuse and throwing empty cans at him. My friend didn't do anything, apart from getting a good look at him. Later on that day, he was on his way to Tesco and spotted him outside. He went inside, did his shopping, which included a large sharp knife for 1.89. When he came out he stopped a few yards away from him and pretended to take a call on his mobile and crouched down to take the knife out of the packet.

The scumbag didn't notice him or recognise him; my friend went up behind him and stabbed him in the spine and then stabbed another one of his friends, an eight year old girl, in the eyes. Now the skanger is paralysed, and the girl, his sister has severe brain damage.

On the plus side they are both now better people, they sometimes help collect funds for the disabled.

My friend is the hero of our group and he never has to buy drinks anymore. He never gets any lip from his students anymore and I hear he is going to be Principal

Your friend is the one who sounds like a complete scumbag. He paralysed someone and gave someone else brain damage? Fookin' hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Mexicola

WTF?? I hope you're trolling. ...You're mate is a hero for stabbing 2 'scumbags' and leaving them disabled just for throwing some empty cans at him??? Is this a parody of some movie you saw or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Troll. Move along now.

On the scumbags topic though, a move back to the victorian idyll of gentlemen having swordsticks/guns and being able to use them on the rabble with relative impunity is the only way.

as far as I know it hasn't been made into a movie yet but he tells me that there is interest in a screenplay. I'm not a troll I don't think, I'm more of a hobgoblin

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

cormie wrote:
    Walk away if possible but if you find yourself surrounded or need to roll the sleeves up, this I suppose is the next best thing to proper training:

That's part 1 of 11, the rest can be found here:)

Lesson learned:

Bas Rutten is a psychopath.

"smack his face into the ambiance of the place".

heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Holy God dude, that's crazy. No matter matter what anybody does to you, it doesn't deserve a knifing which leads to being paralysed, blinded and brain damaged... nothing! All's he did was throw empty can at him, even if they were full they didn't deserve it! And he is your "Hero" & is a future principal?? That's not right! He is the person who should own the "Scumbag" title. Tell him from me, "He should be ashamed of himself!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

Janey mack - Your 'mate' is the worst type of scumbag there is...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Myth wrote:
    Your friend is the one who sounds like a complete scumbag. He paralysed someone and gave someone else brain damage? Fookin' hell.
    Yes indeedy, the Walter Mitty gang rides again. Meself, whenever I go for a gad about the town, I strap a few bricks of compound four to me willy, and if anyone so much as looks at me crossways we'll be short a few city blocks.

It was quite frightful, I must admit. However, as Gary Barlow once so aptly put it, 'love won't wait'. The least that we can all do is to try move on and live our lives and hopefully learn to love again because life is too short for hatred

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Can someone ban this imbecile please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Orange69 wrote:
    Can someone ban this imbecile please?

Just put him on ignore, goon ffs!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I used to like winding scumbags up as they were looking for a fight.

When you pass a certain age (~25) scum do not bother you as much, I sort of miss it!

I used to always get "are you possssssssh??", I remember being sick of it and a guy asking us and my mate going "no", and me saying "well I dont know about him but I am the poshest kunt you are ever going to meet". They are usually looking for you to say
    me- no
    scum- where do you live so?
    - I live in bally-go-normal
    scum- yeah, knew you were posh,
    and then procede starting a fight after looking for smokes or money.

The guy didnt know what to do when I said I was posh. I started asking him what does it mean? does it mean wealthy? could a homeless person be posh? if it was wealth then does the homeless person become posh overnight if they win the lotto. you could see from his face he was thinking "I only wanted a fuc-king fight, not a lecture"

At the time we were out drinking cans in a field, dunno what idea of posh they have...

Was asked another time on a bus, and I asked what posh meant, and what the opposite of posh was, was told "a knacker", dunno if they meant scumbag or traveller. So I asked them back if they were posh, told no, then ask if they are knackers, told no again. So I just said well I am not posh and am not a knacker either, dunno what I am.

Other times there are scum you can see a mile off who are going to try and shoulder you, sometimes you see them do it to others. I would exagerrate a sidestep, or take 2 quick steps back so they end up missing and stumbling, their mates will usually take the piss out of them.

• Advertisement

Looks like you have your work sorted out Rubadub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

When i was jumped and mugged by two lads after a few scoops walking through an unwise area. Didnt have any money on me, and everytime i answered the ****ers "wheres your money" question with the truth I got a kick to the head. When he relented and instead demanded my phone I told him to go **** his mother (the following shows ive seen Goodfellas too many times for my own good :D )

Well, absoloutely beat out of it, didnt pass out but chipped some teeth.

Anyway turned out theyd been at it all weekend, and got beat out of it not long after. **** it, the phone was a wreck, and they were left laid up worse than i was :)

lol Crazy Christ :D Reminds me of a good aul Moe quote re his gun for protection

"Next bar that guy tries to rob better have a wheelchair ramp" :D

This thread reminds me of this. Absolutley class, should be televised at least once a week

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=9VIyvFoMV-w

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Myth wrote:

Don't feed the troll.

Too late, I've had a feast!

The Gardai are standing up to scumbags, with ASBOs. It would be more effective to smack them over the head with the paperwork

Who the hell does Crazy Christ think he is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

the third chuckle brother, by the looks of it

The Bollox wrote:
    the third chuckle brother, by the looks of it

:D

Mmm, yeah the Chuckle brother who has less common sence then the other ones... (and thats pretty hard considing!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Jayzis cant believe how many people thought Crazy Christ's story was true.......... :confused: And I'm further shocked that nobody laughed at the people who took it seriously! Allow me to! HAH!

Moving on.............. ¬_¬

Advertisement