Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever stood up to scumbags?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

The other day a traveller came into the gym i work pretending to be another traveller that i just happenned to know-he had no swipe and told me that he would see me out 1 night and sort it then-i told him that would be cool and that i looked forward to it-he was a bit shocked and i told him to ask the real traveller who i was (he'd no me from boxing) and he went off with his tail between his legs-funny, they really use the traveller thing to bully people, he thought i'd just let him in out of fear!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was in the park with my friend and sitting on this huge swing
    these scummers surrounded us asking if we were "gots" because my friend was wearing a blak hoodie
    we couldn't get off the swing because they started swinging it really fast
    I couldn't take it so I hopped off the swing, it smacked off my legs and flew back at the scummers and knocked 2 of them down
    they legged it then, because I'm a fairly scary girl when I want to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭artnotort

i never have man but i'd slaughter a few poshies for sure
    lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

got in a fight with a guy at school in the changing room after training, thought he was a scumbag then but after the fight we had a certain understanding, he had respect for me as he didnt think i'd fight back, needless to say i got my ass handed to me, but i never had a prob with the guy after that. i wouldnt even consider him a bad guy now. sometimes fighting back is bad in the short time but better in the long run as long as it's not a complete scumbag who hastles you on the street who you dont know and dont know what they're capable of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GerryRyan

I've had to defend myself before when a pack of scummers decided I'd be an easy target for a phone. Not the brightest bunch (bless them).

Was in broad daylight and in a busy street, so I don't know what they were hoping for.

I just singled out the tallest and dumbest lookin one with a few jabs and crosses to the jaw and the rest of them didn't do anything but shout abuse.
    I got a few hits to the chest for my troubles, he threw a few sloppy punches, but I still have my phone.

a) they're cowards in a one-on-one fight / confrontation
    b) weak animals travel in packs
    c) they can't fight
    d) they need a few slaps every now and again
    e) it helps to have a boxing bag at home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

JIZZLORD wrote:
    got in a fight with a guy at school in the changing room after training, thought he was a scumbag then but after the fight we had a certain understanding, he had respect for me as he didnt think i'd fight back, needless to say i got my ass handed to me, but i never had a prob with the guy after that. i wouldnt even consider him a bad guy now. sometimes fighting back is bad in the short time but better in the long run as long as it's not a complete scumbag who hastles you on the street who you dont know and dont know what they're capable of.
    Lesson learned: Don't mess with Damian.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ThatGuy wrote:
    I'd be an easy target for a phone.
    Thats another question, any vigilantes out there? e.g. a skilled martial artist dressed up like a nerd with a wallet hanging out, just waiting for a scumbag to pounce and then kick the living crap out of them. I love those Utube clips where the "happy slappee" turns around and kicks the crap out of the "slapper"

I remember when my bike was nicked I was dreaming of putting a crap lock on the new one, leave it in the same place and lie in wait, pepper spray the thief and U-Lock his head to the bike rack, out with some hammerite and paint "bike thief" on his head, the gardai wouldnt be in a rush to help the kunt, nor would passers by.

I used to have a housemate that was waiting for the day the house would be broken into, he was a animal in his youth, never starting fights but would destroy anybody who started on him. As I mentioned earlier the older you get the less scum bother you, so this guy was itching to beat someone up now -but with good reason.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Seen a guy 6'8" grab a young 'un one night. I went for him. He squared up to me. I didn't hesitate, hit him with my best punch, square on the jaw. I'm 6'3" with a couple of years training in Muay Thai (thai boxing). He barely flinched, I legged it, he chased me. I was too quick.

Tackled 2 scumbags that were harassing a chap I know to see from home. The poor chap is mentally not up to much. As soon as I confronted them they filled their pants.

Tackled 2 Alsatians that were attacking an old lady and here wee collie dog. They fled after a bit of kicking and screaming. (I was very lucky here).

I'm constantly getting involved in situations for my own safety that I probably shouldn't, but, I can't walk past them either. Great to see so many other people don't burry their heads in the sand. Just be careful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm not a fighting sort of guy and never have been, but once this knacker came up to me and - literally out of the blue - headbutted me in the face. He didn't seem to realise that my friends were all standing about 2 feet away from me and what he probably thought was a bit of a laugh turned into him lying on the ground getting pummeled by about 5 guys. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

HavoK wrote:
    I'm not a fighting sort of guy and never have been, but once this knacker came up to me and - literally out of the blue - headbutted me in the face. He didn't seem to realise that my friends were all standing about 2 feet away from me and what he probably thought was a bit of a laugh turned into him lying on the ground getting pummeled by about 5 guys. :D
    this happened to me in college last year, outside a niteclub. gotta love karma

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Plissken1

I pepper sprayed a guy who smashed my mates windscreen, The only reason I can think that he smashed the window, was simply because the car had a German registration, and it was in the guys neighbourhood or his 'hood'. This was in Artane back in the 90's. He calmly strolled down to the petrol station after doing it. I followed and asked him why, he just started mouthing of and coming for me (he was your typical Scobie), luckily i was given the spray by another mate who used to work as a doorman on raves in the UK. Well, he went down like a sack of spuds and started screaming, saying he was sorry, and crying for help. I just left him there.

I don't care if its illegal ! ... BEST FEELING EVER !

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Plissken1 wrote:
    I pepper sprayed a guy who smashed my mates windscreen, The only reason I can think that he smashed the window, was simply because the car had a German registration, and it was in the guys neighbourhood or his 'hood'. This was in Artane back in the 90's. He calmly strolled down to the petrol station after doing it. I followed and asked him why, he just started mouthing of and coming for me (he was your typical Scobie), luckily i was given the spray by another mate who used to work as a doorman on raves in the UK. Well, he went down like a sack of spuds and started screaming, saying he was sorry, and crying for help. I just left him there.

A can of Lynx has a simular effect ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Plissken1 wrote:

I would have take his clothes and wallet as compensation..

Lesson learned: Don't mess with Damian.
    :D

i didn't go to school with damien you fool, besides he's a sweet wee lad who wouldnt harm a fly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Orange69 wrote:
    I would have take his clothes and wallet as compensation..

Dont forget his boots and his motorcycle. *puts on dark glasses*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

JIZZLORD wrote:
    i didn't go to school with damien you fool, besides he's a sweet wee lad who wouldnt harm a fly
    Well maybe he was just visiting the locker rooms of your fancy wancy school for a look at the lads.

Well maybe he was just visiting the locker rooms of your fancy wancy school for a look at the lads.

Ballysadare is by no means a fancy place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Gotta be carefull. Lot more carrying knives these days etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I used that headbutt defense technique once. Guy tried to head but me, i just nodded my head forward and he whacked his nose off the top of my head. Didnt hurt me one bit but his nose leaked gallons of blood. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Lol,....... Arthur appeared out of nowhere one day and went missing mysteriously,... he used to knock people out for fun,..... had all sorts of fingers in many pies, mostof lt illegal. The guy and his belongings vanished one day and nobody saw him again to my knowledge. A bit of a hero that day, but not a nice person in general.!!

fairy tale ending , Proper David and Goliath stuff !!
    Is that all true? Where you think he want or what did he do?

• Advertisement

The best I can contribute to this thread is one time last March when while walking in Dublin city centre, two blokes going in the opposite direction decided that they'd slap me in the face while walking past. Going against any thought that they could attack me further, I told them to go f*** themselves. They just kept walking, both to my surprise and relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

in redz one night, monday nite 2 euro a drink, came a bit late cos was in work late that day... when i got there i literally just walked down the stairs and started making my way by the bar to my mates table. then unseen to me some cnut thumped me one in the back of head, so i turned around n just looked at him confused, he proceeded to shout at me "what r ya doin wit me burd" i told him to fukk off and that i dont know who his girlriend is, and that id only got into the place(said way more aggressively then this but still) so he shoved me then him n two of his mates tried to beat **** out of me,,, hit the first guy and broke his nose on the spot(sounded horrible crack...lot of blood...) and others ran away leaving their mate on the floor unconcious and bleeding...(i hit him again as he was falling after breaking his nose)...i walked off n enjoyed my nite! didnt see that guy in there again that nite! :D

iv had other experiences...not so nice...
    nce a guy was slagging my mate as we walked home from school. he was about 3 years younger then us and in our school so i just told him to **** off...then he told us how he was goign to have us killed. dismissed this as the usual tripe people say, a week later as i was walking home with another mate a red car pulls up and 3 lads jusp out of it plus this kid... now things looked bad... so ur man walks up to me and my mate and whips out a hammer! things got worse...started shouting at me...i started ****ting it...got quite a beating! not very cool! but now hes in jail! :):):) tit got his rother to do it so i knew who he was! also i made sure to get the reg! and a teacher saw the fight and reported it to police so i didnt even have a choice in his getting arrested!(was under 18 at time so cudnt stop it anyway...not sure i wud of either way)

so long story shot i got a beating, hes in jail! :) probably being bummed by some big guy! (he was a scrawney guy! just had load of mates n weapons)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

Dónal wrote: »
    Your friend is the one who sounds like a complete scumbag. He paralysed someone and gave someone else brain damage? Fookin' hell.

He did the right thing. You see he didn't paralyse a hard working deecent honest citizen. He disabled a pice of low life scum from carrying out future mayhem and trouble. People like these are piss, waste. If every council estate scobie scum and skanger was cleansed from the streets and turned into soap or dogfood, no-one would shed a tear.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Smacked a few of little skangers out of it, never really ended well though..much watching over the shoulder for a while after.

Smacked on little scrote once and he went flying down a flight of stairs, he was so angry when he got up that he punched all the emergency lights in the stairwell out and kicked the crap out of the lift...blood everyhwere from where he busted his hand open on the lights, that really put me in my place :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

A friend of mine was walking to work one morning and there was this little
    skanger boy shoutin abuse and throwing empty cans at him. My friend didn't do anything, apart from getting a good look at him. Later on that day, he was on his way to Tesco and spotted him outside. He went inside, did his shopping, which included a large sharp knife for 1.89. When he came out he stopped a few yards away from him and pretended to take a call on his mobile and crouched down to take the knife out of the packet.

The scumbag didn't notice him or recognise him; my friend went up behind him and stabbed him in the spine and then stabbed another one of his friends, an eight year old girl, in the eyes. Now the skanger is paralysed, and the girl, his sister has severe brain damage.

On the plus side they are both now better people, they sometimes help collect funds for the disabled.

My friend is the hero of our group and he never has to buy drinks anymore. He never gets any lip from his students anymore and I hear he is going to be Principal

I believe you ..... Although ....
    along with the thousands of others, I don't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Well, this isn't the story you're looking for (one with a good ending). There's been a big upsurge in Dublin scum being relocated to my small hometown in the west. Dirty fúckers have nothing to contribute to the town except steal, sell drugs, beat people up, and then go in & out of jail repeatedly thinking they're the shít each time they come out!

Now, last Thursday all my mates were in the local to start off their holiday (8 of them were going to Spain for a week the next morning). One of them went outside to talk to some girls when next thing somebody bottled him straight in the face. Naturally all the lads cleared out and legged it after the fúckers to where they got to a house where they were greeted with

the bottle-smashing culprit,
    one nasty-ass girl we know who is an absolute headcase and has put people in hospital
    and another guy we've known for years (Mr. X, we'll say) who's part of a very, very big "never get on the fúckin' wrong side of them" family.

Two of them had a claw hammer and a lump hammer and start swinging away at my mates. Luckily, nobody got hit and it dispersed pretty quickly. But the next night in the pub everyone was on edge cuz they were expected a gigantic army to come in and cause hell (These people have no limits!) but nothing happened and we had a good night. However, on Sat night after the nite-club one of my friends was greeted by the bottler and Mr.X while he was alone with his girlfriend. Needless to say the bottler start punching my friend who couldn't do anything cuz if he did Mr.X would be on the phone and 50 million brothers, cousins, family friends that would be on the scene to litteraly kill him. Now, Mr.X is looking to kill another one of my friend's cuz the headcase girl was swinging a claw hammer at him so we assume he thinks my frined done something to her. Doesn't matter, it's too late for convincing him.

Now this is our hometown and we've had fights with all sorts of groups (boy racers, etc) but this is one fight that we don't know how to disarm. This is the kind of shít that will end with someone in a coma, seriously. My friend who got bottled has had to have his face stitched back together. We've always had lil' meaningless squabbles with the guy (who is a young guy in his teens) but he stepped up the mark by using a weapon out of the blue and after unleashing a world of craziness upon my friend's!

I know its a zombie thread, but im curious to know how this ended?

I hope they got locked up or something. Proably out by now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

I believe you ..... Although ....
    along with the thousands of others, I don't really.

He hasn't posted in 3 years:D

I gave thumps to a lad who was attacking my mate in a pub one night.

He learned to behave himself in public and I learned to take my glasses off before wading into a fight. Lost my glasses and got a nice gash below my eye socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

hardCopy wrote: »
    He hasn't posted in 3 years:D

He probably fell out with his friend and got stabbed.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 mightysurveyor

This incident still makes me laugh.....

Picture the scene - One fine warm day 3 young chaps go to the curry shop for some nice three and one specials. Had one chip out of the tray and cue about six scumbags outside the curry shop with the "What did ya call me Ma?" lingo.

The other two I'm with scarper after they get a slap each, I thought better and launched the flaming hot tray of curry chips into the biggest fellas face and smashed my way out of the rest of the fracas with the can of coke in my pocket. I walked home pretty hungry but content that I sent one fella running home with a roaring red face and covered in curry.

Me 1 - Shams - 0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

This incident still makes me laugh.....

Picture the scene - One fine warm day 3 young chaps go to the curry shop for some nice three and one specials. Had one chip out of the tray and cue about six scumbags outside the curry shop with the "What did ya call me Ma?" lingo.

The other two I'm with scarper after they get a slap each, I thought better and launched the flaming hot tray of curry chips into the biggest fellas face and smashed my way out of the rest of the fracas with the can of coke in my pocket. I walked home pretty hungry but content that I sent one fella running home with a roaring red face and covered in curry.

Me 1 - Shams - 0

That's some fantastic Jackie Chan improvisation fighting!

Advertisement