Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-134 Endeavour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

clln wrote: »
    Wheel stopped and LL you seen as much on Sky as on net,now can we all have a hug?:(

Feckin' blessed i was. Sky were on a break when i got there so i got Spacevidcast on the phone and watched the landing live. Sky then came back,talked about feckin' FIFA and then cut to Endeavour(must've been the net feed as it was a minute behind) as it was about to touch down. Close one.:eek:

Great to see her get home safely and let her APU's show their disgust at being retired so young,raging to the end. Strange morning really,sadness at Endeavours time coming to an end and joy watching Atlantis roll out to 39a for the final time and looking resplendent under Xenon lights.

Great coverage as always folks. Gonna miss all this when it's over.:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    Great coverage as always folks. Gonna miss all this when it's over.:(
    Sure won't be the same:(

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Gonna miss all this when it's over.:(

Sure won't we have the tin can from the Russians going up every now and then :D .

Wonder what the US would do if the Russians said no we won't be bringing your people up to the space station anymore ??

Surely if the Russians can afford to keep sending that joke of a thing up that the US can find the money to send a shuttle up even once or twice a year !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

311570277.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1307033011&Signature=ttVYP9L69%2FXnY7Pm39je%2Bg8OMk0%3D

Photo taken by one of the F-15s that patrol the launch. From Greg Johnson's twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭clln

Endeavours Re-entry as filmed by a lucky divil in Mexico who got to see it,better than the live NASA TV Coverage!

Hee Hee Endeavours Sonic booms were not good news for these two though :)

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28105565/detail.html

Picture of the main area that was hit by ice or debris and led to the focussed inspection,not difficult to see why they were concerned about it on a superficial level.

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302965;image

• Advertisement

Was just watching that vid over on NSF. That would be almost as good as seeing a launch. Amazing to watch her speed across the sky like a fiery bird.:)

Endeavour about to enter the OPF for the last time for post-landing proccessing.:(

2011-4276-m.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Endeavours Re-entry as filmed by a lucky divil in Mexico who got to see it,better than the live NASA TV Coverage!

Would love to be sitting out the back with a cold beer watching that:)
    Hee Hee Endeavours Sonic booms were not good news for these two though :)

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/28105565/detail.html [/QUOTE

Love it:D
    Picture of the main area that was hit by ice or debris and led to the focussed inspection,not difficult to see why they were concerned about it on a superficial level.

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302965;image

Them tiles are verry brittle items alright. Keep them safe one more time.

Very cool:)
    http://www.nasa.gov/topics/shuttle_station/features/sts-134_launch_photo-video.html
    Imaging experts funded by the Space Shuttle Program and located at NASA's Ames Research Center prepared this video by merging nearly 20,000 photographs taken by a set of six cameras capturing 250 images per second at the STS-134 launch on May 16, 2011. From seven seconds before takeoff to six seconds after, the cameras took simultaneous images at six different exposure settings. The images were processed and combined in this video to balance the brightness of the rocket engine output with the regular daylight levels at which the orbiter can be seen. The processing software digitally removes pure black or pure white pixels from one image and replaces them with the most detailed pixel option from the five other images. This technique can help visualize debris falling during a launch or support research involving intense light sources like rocket engines, plasma experiments and hypersonic vehicle engines.

552767main3_sts-134_fused.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Beeker, that is very VERY cool! Thank you!

Funny how the SSME exhaust is pretty much invisible in comparison to the SRB's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Funny how the SSME exhaust is pretty much invisible in comparison to the SRB's.
    Yes! A lot less propellants and particles etc. not to mention luminance. Very cool pics though. A very good representation of current technology i would say

shedweller wrote: »
    Yes! A lot less propellants and particles etc. not to mention luminance. Very cool pics though. A very good representation of current technology i would say

It's a very graphic demonstration of the sheer power involved in lifting the Orbiter from the pad. Great stuff.:)

It's a very graphic demonstration of the sheer power involved in lifting the Orbiter from the pad. Great stuff.:)
    Here it is on youtube:)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭12april1981

Thierry Legault,the same chap that took the first ever picture of an Astronaut during a spacewalk from equipment on Earth has excelled again with pictures of Endeavour docked to station with payload bay doors open,also the AMS finally in its new home,transits of the sun as both crafts were docked, and a 3D movie!!!

http://legault.perso.sfr.fr/STS-134.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Thierry Legault,the same chap that took the first ever picture of an Astronaut during a spacewalk from equipment on Earth has excelled again with pictures of Endeavour docked to station with payload bay doors open,also the AMS finally in its new home,transits of the sun as both crafts were docked, and a 3D movie!!!

Those are ****ing awesome.:eek:

May as well enjoy these as the russians look like they've done a legger with the flyaround pics!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

• Advertisement

MAX Q have released their STS-134 video. 238mbs. Its a great one as always.:)

http://www.maxqent.com/

Beeker wrote: »
    MAX Q have released their STS-134 video. 238mbs. Its a great one as always.:)

http://www.maxqent.com/

MAX Q have done it again!
    Love the intro and the Trad sounding Music before it throttles up to the Rock!
    MAX-Q ROCK!!!!!
    We owe them so much as well as We owe NasaSpaceFlight.com,
    so much!as much as we borrow from NSF posters i have noticed they borrow from A&S on boards,often times comments posted here are repeated on NSF days later.
    it is a mutual form of "imitation being the greatest form of flattery",
    as Bergin would say "doffs cap" to MAX-Q,NSF,and Boards Posters for making the final flight of Endeavour such a pleasure and human experiance,because when all is said and done that is what we are,Space fans with human frailities,just like those who have given their all to make the Shuttle what it is........ a profile in courage.

i have noticed they borrow from A&S on boards,often times comments posted here are repeated on NSF days later.

really?

really?

Yes really thecommander..........and Sarcasm has no place here! be it from people who think they know it all,to the more human types who do not boast that they are in some way superior to others.

Yes really thecommander..........and Sarcasm has no place here! be it from people who think they know it all,to the more human types who do not boast that they are in some way superior to others.

Was there sarcasm?

And, yes, I know the type.

Just curious as to what they'd find out here that the 2 Chris's on NSF wouldn't know already.

Was there sarcasm?
    I believe there was by you there,but this is a discussion board not twitter,one line posts except as a heads up of an imminent event or a joke serve no purpose'

Just curious as to what they'd find out here that the 2 Chris's on NSF wouldn't know already.

The two Chris's have many contacts and insights it does not mean that Boards Posters are in any way less wise.

You might have missed my point that everybody is doing their best on A&S on boards whatever their level of knowledge is.

If You think NSF has a monopoly on all things space related beats me why you post here?

Space Pete on NSF now fondly called Mr ISS only took an interest within the last two years in Spaceflight by his own admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Will they take all the cockpit stuff out of the shuttle before sending it to the museum or leave it as it is with everything working ?

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eilejh

Just an aside.......I received an e-mail this morning from Senator John Cornyn's (United States Senator from Texas) office.
    Drum Roll........hopefully of the Black Watch type.......
    I am offered 4 tickets to view Beloved Atlantis. Humbled, dazed and amazed I am.

I can say for sure that if it were not for me discovering somehow this Beloved site and You So Wonderful Irish Lovers of NASA........that......you know.

That Irish Luck thing etc.

And maybe a bit of..........you know.

The Commander and CLNN.

eilejh wrote: »
    Just an aside.......I received an e-mail this morning from Senator John Cornyn's (United States Senator from Texas) office.
    Namedropper!:p
    dazed I am.
    Not exactly the first time that You are dazed now is it?:D

And maybe a bit of..........you know.
    Certainly when can fit me in?
    and CLNN
    Would that be clNN as in NNasa?:pac:

Seriously hope ya go and post and tell us all about it!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eilejh

Would that be clNN as in NNasa?

You know darNN well it is

Advertisement