Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-134 Endeavour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Beeker wrote: »
    Waiting for them myself. We have been promised that they will be released this week!:)

Thursday would be a good day. Let Endeavour have her last hurrah on Wednesday and then release the pics on Thursday whilst we're mourning Endeavours final flight.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Jimmy444

lord lucan wrote: »
    Geez, is that Leo Varadkar on the right in the black jumper? How did he get up there? I know he's Minister for Transport but I didn't think space exploration was in his brief!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Jimmy444 wrote: »
    Geez, is that Leo Varadkar on the right in the black jumper? How did he get up there? I know he's Minister for Transport but I didn't think space exploration was in his brief!

he's hiding up there after his bailout comments... ssssssssssssh! ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Deorbit burn scheduled for 06:29 Wednesday morning Irish time. Endeavour will be travelling at 17500 mph over the Indian Ocean at the time. It will start to decend into the Earths atmosphere and shed all the speed and energy it gained on launch over the next hour leading to a touchdown at Kennedy Space Center at 07:35 Irish time at a speed of just over 200 mph.
    And so will end the second last and 134th Space Shuttle flight.

31track400293.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

For anyone interested the ISS and Endeavour will be visible crossing the sky tomorrow morning from southwest to east.
    Endeavour will be visible from 04:26 to 04:30 and the ISS one minute behind from 04:27 to 04:31.
    viewfinder.exe?T=0&FOV=60&RA=323.207725392773&Dec=-10.6334841517749&RAInc=60&DecInc=10&TimeInc=15&SatName=ISS&Width=400&Height=400&STime=40695.1454412128&Lat=52.1113&Lng=-7.0513&Line1=1+25544U+98067A+++11151%2E38748039+%2D%2E00017961++00000%2D0+%2D11138%2D3+0++4450&Line2=2+25544+051%2E6501+246%2E8303+0004793+357%2E6206+087%2E8829+15%2E75546741718269

• Advertisement

This is a great photo taken during the docked flight last week:)
    iss028e006193.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭clln

he's hiding up there after his bailout comments... ssssssssssssh! ;)

Good for You JustAddWater, and Jimmy444,let us hope the Irish art of Slagging(for International Audience Slagging is a bit of leg pulling that does not mean to offend but hopes for a witty retort)

I have to say there are some very very sharp witty people on Boards who are Culchies/Rednecks(that would be Hillbillies to You eilijh:p)

this msg is from a Superior type Jackeen (that would be City Slicker to You eilijh:D )

clln wrote: »
    Good for You JustAddWater,let us hope the Irish art of Slagging(for International Audience Slagging is a bit of leg pulling that does not mean to offend but hopes for a witty retort)

I have to say there are some very very sharp witty people on Boards who are Culchies/Rednecks(that would be Hillbillies to You eilijh:p)

this msg is from a Superior type Jackeen (that would be City Slicker to You eilijh:D )
    Culchies rule:P:P:D:D

Culchies rule live in Dublins shadow:P:P:D:D
    :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Culchies are best for astronomy. Artificial light from urban areas can be detrimental to top quality observations.:cool:

• Advertisement

STS-134 Tribute to Endeavour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

STS-134 Tribute to Endeavour

Tnx Beeker 8:05 into the clip , what a beautiful comment
    What a beautiful pic !!!

Thank you so much Endeavour , you did so much for the ISS and mankind :)

assuming Endeavour gets the Weather for landing this was its and the Crews final wake up call,not a cover but an original song written for the occasion after a contest.

@04.05 Endeavours payload bay doors closed,Weather is currently go for first landing opportunity but Weather airplanes not yet in the air.
    If No go for landing at KSC at 07.35,next landing time would be 09.11.

eilejh wrote: »
    You have to watch 'Swamp People' lol
    http://www.history.com/shows/swamp-people
    http://www.history.com/shows/swamp-people/videos#swamp-people-full-moon-fever

These guys are like Astronauts on Ground Zero.....
    Tried to watch it eilejh got msg "Not available in Your area".
    i suppose that's what Space-X TV will be like! PPV only!:).

Things still looking good for first landing chance;
    "It's a beautiful evening here in Florida," weather pilot Rick Sturckow says.

This is the plane he is on,it is called 'Shuttle Training Aircraft'(STA)

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302056;image

An early go for de-orbit burn. Weather looks pretty decent at KSC.

lord lucan wrote: »
    An early go for de-orbit burn. Weather looks pretty decent at KSC.

Ah good mornin LL, how ya doin? all set for the big Splashdown?:)

Ah good mornin LL, how ya doin? all set for the big Splashdown?:)

I'll be here until just after the de-orbit burn begins. Then a period of ratty comm from me as i head to work a bit early to catch landing on sky news. They've already mentioned it on their bulletins so should show it live.

And she's on her way home. De-orbit burn underway.

De-orbit burn complete,next stop planet Earth.:)

Time to go. See you on the other side Endeavour.:)

• Advertisement

Endeavour has just hit entry interface,that is the point where it encounters the outer edge of the Athmosphere,it will land without engine use and for that reason is fondly called 'the 'flying brick'.
    from a Speed of 25 times the speed of sound it will be glided to a landing on the now confirmed runway 15 at not much more than the speed of an ordinary plane.
    Speed 17.000 MPH now!:eek:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302174;image

Runway 15 waiting for her!

Good morning campers all looking good 16500mph 45 miles up and falling fast:)
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302252;image

mornin Beeker,don't say i did not warn You about dell boys alarm clocks!:D

mornin Beeker,don't say i did not warn You about dell boys alarm clocks!:D
    Late to bed last night so just made it for a 7 start:eek:

Over Mexico now, pity isa a night landing:(
    12000 mph 1027 miles to the landing site.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302284;image

Stupid guy trying for his moment of fame!:D

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302264;image

Through mach 10 now, on track, looking good. 30 miles up and dropping
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302291;image

"Endeavour comm check":eek: That gave me pause but everything fine:)

Over Florida now mach 5 about 4000mph

2800 mph mach 4. 23 miles to go

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25343.0;attach=302302;image

• Advertisement

Under 5 mins to go. Turing now to line up with runway 15. Endeavour will land from the northwest to the southeast

Advertisement