Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

lorimc wrote: »
    Ok so was up for the first time last night, 0.5lb, completely expected it but after losing 4lb the week before im still quite happy with the average.

I have a wedding at the end of the month then another one 2 weeks later in Hungry (so a holiday too), aiming to get to goal (4lb) in the next too weeks!!!!!

Is it 4 wi that I need to stay on maintenance for when I get goal?

oh its soooooooooooo cold, how am I expected to write a thesis when it is this cold in summer? Im actually under the duvet with my laptop!

oh god my heart actually goes out to you....full credit to ya....the rest of the student world is finished and your still working hard! WELL DONE JUST FOR THAT ALONE!

and yeah this weird cold weather is a b*tch....one day its scorching...next day freezing. I cant function in the cold...i just shut down and cant move...

Treats/snacks in moderation...this week i've planned scheduled snacks....but in turn my main meals are lower in points than they used to be....BALANCE...

and instead of killing my self with big long exhausting sessions in the home gym then giving up half way thru the week cos its too exhausting I'm doing lots of little sessions....i've done 30 - 40 mins fast walking on treadmill every day...i figure I cant possibly be lazy enough to moan about giving up half an hour a day.... and so far i havent missed a single "mirco session" this week..

IMPORTANT
    Right folks.....friday night....the night I tend to crash and burn.....tips, advice, survival snacks....I have my WI in the morning...and after working extra hard this week on eating, grocery shopping, the exercise, water intake...I really dont want to blow it....

I really need to break this friday night cycle! Altho at the moment I'm feeling positive...feeling like i can make it thru with out the cookie monstor attacking...

COUS COUS
    Ainsly Harris couscous is in tesco for 99c a box....chef brand...i figure it must be nice! and it has big low fat sticker on it!

Never made it before....(havent even bought it yet) whats it like? does it swell up like rice? how long does it usually take to cook? if it takes forever to cook and i'm starving.....the toasted is next to the cooker! eeek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gem2011

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    COUS COUS
    Ainsly Harris couscous is in tesco for 99c a box....chef brand...i figure it must be nice! and it has big low fat sticker on it!

Never made it before....(havent even bought it yet) whats it like? does it swell up like rice? how long does it usually take to cook? if it takes forever to cook and i'm starving.....the toasted is next to the cooker! eeek!
    Hi Lady, I've never made it myself but I think it only takes about 10 mins (I could be wrong though!). You'd just add hot stock to it in a bowl and leave and then fluff it up with a fork. I've had it at friends and it can be quite nice if seasoned right. You'd definitely need to season it as it's quite tasteless otherwise. That's also my new thing to try for this weekend. I'm going to try it in a salad for my lunch tomorrow.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

LinK3 wrote: »
    I've been looking for the ww points diary everyone is talking about and can't find it.. I've an iPhone and have iwatcher but would love to see the other one too...

so I got the old points diary working again......turns out the reception in the office is shocking and thats why it wasn't working!! connected to wi-fi and its back working grand :cool:

Link3 , the one I have is for an android phone not sure if it will work on an iPhone (or if I got the same one the others are talking about) there are a few of them knocking about mine is from MD2 solutions if thats any help? Think it cost $3 or something!!!

Oh lainy I am the same on a Friday....I am so good all week, then come Friday I fall apart!!! so tonite I have decided its time to break the habit!!! gonna go home and make a nice healthy dinner, do the next C25K workout and write up some recipes and stuff.....if I keep my hands busy I wont be able to snack .... well I hope anyways!!!

very proud of myself today.....I didn't succumb to the temptation of breakfast morning.....I donated my pennies and got a bowl of fruit salad and yougurt......yay me :cool: Then for lunch I had a yummy salad (chicken, cucumber, tomato, mixed leaves and sweet chilli dressing) so I am pleased with myself.....usually the day after weigh in I eat all around me (bad habit two that needs to be kicked into touch!!!)

flamelily wrote: »
    so I got the old points diary working again......turns out the reception in the office is shocking and thats why it wasn't working!! connected to wi-fi and its back working grand :cool:

Link3 , the one I have is for an android phone not sure if it will work on an iPhone (or if I got the same one the others are talking about) there are a few of them knocking about mine is from MD2 solutions if thats any help? Think it cost $3 or something!!!

Oh lainy I am the same on a Friday....I am so good all week, then come Friday I fall apart!!! so tonite I have decided its time to break the habit!!! gonna go home and make a nice healthy dinner, do the next C25K workout and write up some recipes and stuff.....if I keep my hands busy I wont be able to snack .... well I hope anyways!!!

very proud of myself today.....I didn't succumb to the temptation of breakfast morning.....I donated my pennies and got a bowl of fruit salad and yougurt......yay me :cool: Then for lunch I had a yummy salad (chicken, cucumber, tomato, mixed leaves and sweet chilli dressing) so I am pleased with myself.....usually the day after weigh in I eat all around me (bad habit two that needs to be kicked into touch!!!)

yeah i think tonight I'm going to start on my driving theory test...just hope that doesn't freak me out and make me panic and EAT! but its cd-rom...so interactive...hopefully should keep me busy...there's also a good movie on tv...keep me distracted....

fecking skint this weekend! not that i had any plan anyway haha! I really need to start meeting new ppl making new friends...all my friends live pretty far away (unless you drive) my best friend is 2 buses away! which is only about 40 mins in car...its like over an hour away by bus!

*yeah i have noticed that about apps not working properly with bad reception*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Hiya,
    I had lunch out today and not totally sure on points so thought I'd ask for help. I pointed it at-
    Roast Turkey Breast- 2 slices (No skin) 3 pp?
    1 small scoop mash -2 pp
    1/2 Roast Potato - 2 pp
    About 2 tbsp gravy - 2 pp
    About 3 tbsp stuffing - 4 pp
    And then bulked it up with loads of carrots.
    Does 13pp sound about right?

I have a healthy 7 pp dinner I made last night so thought I could treat myself a bit for lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Can someone please explain to me what the C25K workout is?
    I'm intrigued by it lol

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me what the C25K workout is?
    I'm intrigued by it lol

http://www.c25k.com/

there are tonnes of apps for android and iphone for it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

http://www.c25k.com/

there are tonnes of apps for android and iphone for it aswell

its a set running program, with the aim of getting you from laying on the couch to running 5km in 9 weeks. I am doing the treadmill version which I find handy (fair weather walker :o) and am about to complete week 2!!! I find it handy as the work out is laid out and only takes 30 mins in total at the mo. tis 3 workouts a week so handy in that way as well.

I need goals to motivate me and as this is laid out I don't have an excuse to be lazy!!! haven't got any of the apps yet but that is next on my list now that I have a new smartypants phone to play with :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Thanks Lainey - will have a nosey at this now.
    wonder does it stop the "phoebe" style run I seem to think i have lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

make sure to get your weights to me before 00:00 tonight!;)

PS: some people havent submitted a Weight since Week0, I might remove their names from the list if I dont have a weight for this week(4) for them.
    They can however rejoin at any stage:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

donnamc5 wrote: »
    Hiya,
    I had lunch out today and not totally sure on points so thought I'd ask for help. I pointed it at-
    Roast Turkey Breast- 2 slices (No skin) 3 pp?
    1 small scoop mash -2 pp
    1/2 Roast Potato - 2 pp
    About 2 tbsp gravy - 2 pp
    About 3 tbsp stuffing - 4 pp
    And then bulked it up with loads of carrots.
    Does 13pp sound about right?

I have a healthy 7 pp dinner I made last night so thought I could treat myself a bit for lunch.

I think that all sounds fairly much ok, except I would be doubting the stuffing, always turns out to be higher, but you just can never tell, and I would give the turkey 4pp. Our leader always encourages going for the carvery option for lunch if you can.

Well done to everyone with their losses. I haven't been on in a while so trying to spend some time reading back.

I really need inspiration, have stayed the same for 4 weeks and its driving me crazy. I am still only 2 lbs away from goal. I exercise every day but the tracking hasn't been great. So making that my mission now.

I have a new goal for myself, a friend of mine who works in Africa has asked me to go over for 2 weeks in October so I really want to loose 10 lbs. Thats 0.5lb a week. It would get me down another dress size too which would be amazing.

Brennans sliced pan bread is KILLING me. I am drawn to it along with big fat slabs of butter. Ughh. Today is a new week so I just think if I could avoid it I may just drop 1-2lbs this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

lil kc wrote: »
    I think that all sounds fairly much ok, except I would be doubting the stuffing, always turns out to be higher, but you just can never tell, and I would give the turkey 4pp. Our leader always encourages going for the carvery option for lunch if you can.

Thanks so much, was feeling a bit naughty as it was def a bigger lunch than I'm used to lately but on the other hand far smaller than what I used to get. The cashier charged me for a 1/2 portion and it just made me realise what a savage amount of food I was shoveling into myself before when I got the full one lol Plus, my absolute fave parsnips were on the plate and I just pushed them to the side and left them for the first time ever. I think I'll point at 14 just to be on the safe side.

Well done to everyone with their losses. I haven't been on in a while so trying to spend some time reading back.

I really need inspiration, have stayed the same for 4 weeks and its driving me crazy. I am still only 2 lbs away from goal. I exercise every day but the tracking hasn't been great. So making that my mission now.

I have a new goal for myself, a friend of mine who works in Africa has asked me to go over for 2 weeks in October so I really want to loose 10 lbs. Thats 0.5lb a week. It would get me down another dress size too which would be amazing.

Brennans sliced pan bread is KILLING me. I am drawn to it along with big fat slabs of butter. Ughh. Today is a new week so I just think if I could avoid it I may just drop 1-2lbs this week.

what i did this week...cos my tracked had gone....very generous lets call it...i eased up on exercise....made tracking and eating right PRIORITY! I wasn't stressing about omg i need to get to the gym....and after a few days....started feeling more energised and kinda WANTED to exercise...didnt feel i HAD to do it...30 mintutes walking every day is all i did...

I also cut back bread aswell. havent had any bread this week :D (i had gave bread up for all of lent and it really helped) but as soon as lent was over....i was stuffing my gob with ww bagels..cos they were on special....like 2 or 3 or 4 bagels a day :O toasted smothered in flora! EEEEK!

This week I've also cut waaaaaaaay back on spuds...think i've had spuds once this week....vs.....nearly every night for the last two weeks!

took a peek at the scales this morning.....i nearly fell off in shock! But not saying anything until official WI tomorrow :D but lets just say I'm HAPPY!

I also ate 35 of my weeklies this week (two tubs of light soft cheese and packet of ryvita...i had ryvita and cheese every night around 9pm...it curbed my munchies)

I tired TONNES of new foods and recipes this week, and cut out carbs from lunch!

Ditch the bread! You said it your self...its the enemy! Tonnes of water....change your meals up....even changing the time of day you exercise...and maybe eat some of your weeklies on HEALTHY foods...if your over exercising chances are you might need extra protein...

Maybe make an appointment with a personal trainer for one or two sessions to get a professional work out plain especially designed for your body, your fitness. Might just be the kick up the butt and shock to the system your body needs

what i did this week...cos my tracked had gone....very generous lets call it...i eased up on exercise....made tracking and eating right PRIORITY! I wasn't stressing about omg i need to get to the gym....and after a few days....started feeling more energised and kinda WANTED to exercise...didnt feel i HAD to do it...30 mintutes walking every day is all i did...

I also cut back bread aswell. havent had any bread this week :D (i had gave bread up for all of lent and it really helped) but as soon as lent was over....i was stuffing my gob with ww bagels..cos they were on special....like 2 or 3 or 4 bagels a day :O toasted smothered in flora! EEEEK!

This week I've also cut waaaaaaaay back on spuds...think i've had spuds once this week....vs.....nearly every night for the last two weeks!

took a peek at the scales this morning.....i nearly fell off in shock! But not saying anything until official WI tomorrow :D but lets just say I'm HAPPY!

I also ate 35 of my weeklies this week (two tubs of light soft cheese and packet of ryvita...i had ryvita and cheese every night around 9pm...it curbed my munchies)

I tired TONNES of new foods and recipes this week, and cut out carbs from lunch!

Ditch the bread! You said it your self...its the enemy! Tonnes of water....change your meals up....even changing the time of day you exercise...and maybe eat some of your weeklies on HEALTHY foods...if your over exercising chances are you might need extra protein...

Maybe make an appointment with a personal trainer for one or two sessions to get a professional work out plain especially designed for your body, your fitness. Might just be the kick up the butt and shock to the system your body needs

Ah thanks Lainy, I know i need to do all those things but the willpower is just not there, seem to be ok today so hopefully i can keep it going. Im so jealous of your motivation! ;)

Ah thanks Lainy, I know i need to do all those things but the willpower is just not there, seem to be ok today so hopefully i can keep it going. Im so jealous of your motivation! ;)

Chain reaction.....one good day....leads to the next....then its domino effect!

same way...one bad day....can lead to the next....i know if i break my good streak...disaster will strike....last weekend i just sat down and spent entire weekend looking at recipe sites....weight watchers books. ppls recipes on here....and then i spent an 1/2 day grocery shopping. aldi,lidl, dunnes, supervalu, tesco....getting lots of ingredients....nothing prepared...if i want it...gotta make it....

made a huge batch of bran muffins, frozen them in portions...and have lots of 2pp fruit ice lollis in the freezer...

I'm watching calories aswell as points! like as i said...i ate nearly all my weeklies this week....they went on ryvita and light cheese!

And i've started cooking big dishes like pasta bakes and lasagnes....and as soon as its made....portion it into lunch boxes and freeze them as soon as they are cold...even if i'm using it the next day....not leaving it in the fridge...cos i WILL eat it! and each lunch box is down to the gram the exact weight...so i know the points. i'm weighing EVERYTHING...nothing to chance.

I took LOADS of advice from everyone here! I thought this week was going to be really hard...but after a day of two of eating right...i was just on a high...today I even took the two dogs for a strole and walk up the fields...i actually got off my ass and did something instead of watching tv....on that note i still gotta get in my half hour on treadmill...so off to do that now....ipod strapped to my arm and ready to go...

When I'm good....i'm kicking ass....when i'm bad....oh dear lord i'm a sinking ship!

OOoooh and my mum just booked me a weekend in Baltimore in those fancy tipie things...anyone know anything about them or the area? Gotta get my camera fixed :D whale watching, bird watching, just wish I could bring Rua...

i've posted my trackers on my blog....:D I feel like i've been eating all day every day.....its kinda weird! haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

made a huge batch of bran muffins, frozen them in portions...and have lots of 2pp fruit ice lollis in the freezer...

And i've started cooking big dishes like pasta bakes and lasagnes....and as soon as its made....portion it into lunch boxes and freeze them as soon as they are cold...even if i'm using it the next day....not leaving it in the fridge...cos i WILL eat it! and each lunch box is down to the gram the exact weight...so i know the points. i'm weighing EVERYTHING...nothing to chance.

Lady Lainy......trying to be really good too!How do you make your bran muffins and how many pp??
    And also....is pasta bake not high in pp as very creamy??? I LOVE pasta bake....have you a nice low fat recipe for that??
    I lack variety!!Plus my bf does all the cooking.....haha he went away on work for a week and even made me freezer meals!!!haha!! I can cook but mam always told me....pretend to man you cant boil an egg!!!Its worked anyway

kc83 wrote: »

Lady Lainy......trying to be really good too!How do you make your bran muffins and how many pp??
    And also....is pasta bake not high in pp as very creamy??? I LOVE pasta bake....have you a nice low fat recipe for that??
    I lack variety!!Plus my bf does all the cooking.....haha he went away on work for a week and even made me freezer meals!!!haha!! I can cook but mam always told me....pretend to man you cant boil an egg!!!Its worked anyway

the pasta bake is all made from scratch...there isnt any white sauce in it. and i make it with passta and Quorn. Altho tomorrow i'm making it with Chicken mince...cos i dont want to get sick of quorn.

It serves 4 (but i have it devided into two big portions...I like my BIG dinners...and i wont have it with any sides)

I got it from a cook book, and just pointed it my self.

Just posted a great Thai Beef Chilli Curry Recipe.
    Haven't made it yet, but might try it next week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

hi all
    just back a few hours ago from my hols in clair and galway had a great time the food side of things was just ok we went with 2 other couples and i pointed all my food for the first 2 days but by day 3 i think i was starting to pee people off a little so i stopped pointing all my food and just had to eat as good as i could,had a few drinks most nights but it was light beer instead of Guinness i did eat a lot of fish and veg most days and some deserts :o
    Back to pointing tomorrow and a swim and a long walk,not looking forward to WI on Tuesday,hope everyone is doing well have not had time to read through the thread yet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

I'm just back off hols too and where I was extra good compared to previous holidays, I stopped obsessing over the points 4 days in.. I ate well, but had the couple of beers most evenings and caved in to pizza one day with the kids.. I tried to drink lots of water each day, to the point where the kids mocked me saying oooohhh don't touch mammys bottle, she's measuring it! Brats;) now I'm home I've had 3 litres, 3 pieces of fruit, ww dinner, it was handiest, and 2 little pieces of light options carrot cake at 2 points each.. I've three points left but am not going to bother.. I'm so worried about Tuesday but I figure if I'm excellent the next three days the damage won't be so bad!!

• Advertisement

right everything chopped up and ready to make pasta bake in the morning :)

no munchies :D I had baked apple with raisins with ittle tiny bit of vanilla icea cream few hrs ago :)

Hope everyone elses friday night is going ok. this is my first "good" friday in ages :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

right everything chopped up and ready to make pasta bake in the morning :)

no munchies :D I had baked apple with raisins with ittle tiny bit of vanilla icea cream few hrs ago :)

Hope everyone elses friday night is going ok. this is my first "good" friday in ages :D
    Yum, baked apple ans raisins and icecream!!!!!! Sounds fab and low in pp! Def have to try that.
    Best of luck with WI in the morn hon, you have done so well this week, u deserve a good loss. You inspire me to stay on the straight and narrow!:D

kty wrote: »
    Yum, baked apple ans raisins and icecream!!!!!! Sounds fab and low in pp! Def have to try that.
    Best of luck with WI in the morn hon, you have done so well this week, u deserve a good loss. You inspire me to stay on the straight and narrow!:D

raisins are high in points...i'll admit i didnt weight them! haha! but...there raisins....not chocolate!

Tesco Steam Egg Fried Rice 4 X 200G

4 portions 200g each portion is 7pp!
    Not bad if you need dinner in a hurry! C
    hicken Breast and Rice....11pp in a hurry!

Finn Crisp Original Slims 200G
    Same as Ryvita Thins...except Cheaper
    2 for 1pp :D

Werthers Original Sugar Free Butter Candy 80G
    The Whole bag is 9pp

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

:pac:can't WEIGHT for ur result in the morn,lainy!! there's a pk of couscous in lidl or aldi,hot and spicy,64grm works out 2pps,you can have it cold even with salad. theres little bits of peppers and stuff in it,just pop in in a saucepan,add boiling water to it,bring back in boil,take of heat,lid it,leave it 3 minutes and fluff it up with a fork,easy!! also,light cream cheese,cheap and cheerful in lidl and only 3pps for whole tub,i added it to homemade white sauce for lasange,also added a stock pot veg,turned out lovely!! made big big portion of every thing,the whole lot added up to 68pps but you would get about 8 average portions of lasange out of it!!

hollyhock wrote: »
    :pac:can't WEIGHT for ur result in the morn,lainy!! there's a pk of couscous in lidl or aldi,hot and spicy,64grm works out 2pps,you can have it cold even with salad. theres little bits of peppers and stuff in it,just pop in in a saucepan,add boiling water to it,bring back in boil,take of heat,lid it,leave it 3 minutes and fluff it up with a fork,easy!! also,light cream cheese,cheap and cheerful in lidl and only 3pps for whole tub,i added it to homemade white sauce for lasange,also added a stock pot veg,turned out lovely!! made big big portion of every thing,the whole lot added up to 68pps but you would get about 8 average portions of lasange out of it!!

that the linessa light cheese? thats the soft cheese i've had this week....3pp for the whole thing...really? i just pointed as light phili...i assumed it would be the same....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    make sure to get your weights to me before 00:00 tonight!;)

PS: some people havent submitted a Weight since Week0, I might remove their names from the list if I dont have a weight for this week(4) for them.
    They can however rejoin at any stage:D
    GT I only sent you mine now, sorry its late!

phew lots to read back on, missed loads haven't had a chance to log on Hubby working mad hours and kids keeping me mad busy!

I lost 1.5 this week, got my first 7 took me 7 weeks to get it I know its going to be slow loss for me as well, don't think I will ever see 3 or 4 pounds in one week but that's OK smile.gif

Kay totally agree with your post, I'm in the same boat as you losing it slow and steady and can not wait to see the 11's downwards :)

I made a yummy butternut squash soup so filling if any one wants the recipe I got it off Rivercottage you put peanut butter in it! I left it out so it was o pp but had some low fat natural yogurt with it yummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Lainy I know you have said it before but how many points are in your lasagne and what size dish do you put it in.

I'm thinking of allowing the extra points to put beef mince in but does anyone know where would do the leanest, I always find that the packet ones have alot of fat that needs draining out, im presuming the butchers would have the best?

lorimc wrote: »
    Lainy I know you have said it before but how many points are in your lasagne and what size dish do you put it in.

I'm thinking of allowing the extra points to put beef mince in but does anyone know where would do the leanest, I always find that the packet ones have alot of fat that needs draining out, im presuming the butchers would have the best?

The Quorn Lasagne is 3 servings of 14pp or 4 servings of 10.

yeah the butcher would be the best...but even the lean mince you'll be able to drain. so a good quality lean steak mince should be okay...even raw it should be dark wine red colour...with not that much white marbling thru the mince.

watch out for offers in tesco they do 3 for €9 offer on meats nearly every second week, so you might be able to pick packs of lean mince in that.

Its a standard square dolmio lasagne dish I use. Note the lasagne doesnt come up right to the top of the dish!

FOUR POUNDS! DOWN 4lbs! OMG I NEVER GET BIG NUMBERS! WOOOOOOOOOOO! THATS HALF OF MY MINI TARGET!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

The Quorn Lasagne is 3 servings of 14pp or 4 servings of 10.

yeah the butcher would be the best...but even the lean mince you'll be able to drain. so a good quality lean steak mince should be okay...even raw it should be dark wine red colour...with not that much white marbling thru the mince.

watch out for offers in tesco they do 3 for €9 offer on meats nearly every second week, so you might be able to pick packs of lean mince in that.

Its a standard square dolmio lasagne dish I use. Note the lasagne doesnt come up right to the top of the dish!

FOUR POUNDS! DOWN 4lbs! OMG I NEVER GET BIG NUMBERS! WOOOOOOOOOOO! THATS HALF OF MY MINI TARGET!

Thats brilliant, well done, keep it up like that and the weight is gonna just fall right off.

Yeah I'm always getting the 3 for E9 in tesco, its seriously cheaper for the chicken fillets and salmon.
    Think il go to the butchers later, they always have great deals on minute steaks so I may get a few of them too, mmmmmm steak. I could never turn veggie would miss my meat way to much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement