Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Caros wrote: »
    This will tell ye the change in attitude for me in the last couple of months - had to go to Cork today to see Periodontist, normally a trip to the big smoke would involve a nice lunch followed by dessert with a bar of chocolate for the drive home. Today I brought an apple and a banana and a bottle of water with me. Considering apples would normally be a twice yearly thing at most this is a change!!!!

Looked at clothes but didn't buy any in case they won't fir for long - nothing like a bit of optimism! Got a nice pair of purple sandals instead!

Lainy I have to go up again in a few weeks if you fancy meeting for a coffee?

sure just let me know closer to the time! RAaaah! out of soft cheese....and i want my ryvita munch!

and up still having them...with a scape of scapes of flora light...

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

me is a happy bunny this evening, as I was down another pound at WI :D especially as I fell off the wagon over the weekend......looks like getting myself back on track and exercising my butt off undid some of the damage :p

also got to my 5% goal so really chuffed......need to set some new mini goals so I can stay motivated!!!:)

congrats to all who faced the scales, there have been some great losses this week :)

there is going to be a 'breakfast morning' in work tomorrow as they are fundraising at the mo......this will mean, bacon, sausages, scones and rolls :( aaaggghhhh......just packed my lunch box and have included an extra yougurt and some fruit......plan to stick my head around the door, donate some money and sneak back to my desk and eat the yougurt so I am not tempted!!!!! :o:o:o

Lainy do you have the WW mag for April???? There is a recipe in there for portuguese custard thingies that I want to try but I didn't have time to write it down at the meeting, if you have it and could post it up I would be forever in your debt!!!:D

flamelily wrote: »
    me is a happy bunny this evening, as I was down another pound at WI :D especially as I fell off the wagon over the weekend......looks like getting myself back on track and exercising my butt off undid some of the damage :p

also got to my 5% goal so really chuffed......need to set some new mini goals so I can stay motivated!!!:)

congrats to all who faced the scales, there have been some great losses this week :)

there is going to be a 'breakfast morning' in work tomorrow as they are fundraising at the mo......this will mean, bacon, sausages, scones and rolls :( aaaggghhhh......just packed my lunch box and have included an extra yougurt and some fruit......plan to stick my head around the door, donate some money and sneak back to my desk and eat the yougurt so I am not tempted!!!!! :o:o:o

Lainy do you have the WW mag for April???? There is a recipe in there for portuguese custard thingies that I want to try but I didn't have time to write it down at the meeting, if you have it and could post it up I would be forever in your debt!!!:D

No sorry i dont have it. but i'll have a look thru ww online to see if its on there. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

WI tonight and was down 1lb :) Still doesn't negate the 2.5lbs gain from last week but it is the biggest loss that I've had in a few weeks. :) Gave my tracker to my leader and she is going to go over it and ring me tomorrow :D She is so nice! She already gave me a few pointers:

1. Bananas - I normally have two a day, my leader thinks I should cut this down as apparently it takes 36 hours for a banana to be completely processed through the body :eek:
    2. Treats - In the evening, I tend to sit down with a cup of tea and a mini bar or something. She totted up how many points I'd used on treats and I started out at 2pp last Friday but it increased every day - because most of the treats I have in the press are only 2 or 3pp, I tend to think of them as being low but when you see them added up :eek::eek::eek: So I'm defo making an effort to cut that out. Think I will try Lainys trick of Ryvita in the evenings - except I might have rice cakes instead :)
    Anyway, we'll see what else she comes up with when she rings tomorrow! Onwards and downwards as the fella says :D

fantastic results on everyones WI :D Fingers crossed for saturday morning!

Last chance work out tomorrow!

• Advertisement

I have that mag - I keep them all. I'll post it in the Cakes & Bakes thread in the Food & Drink forum :)

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    WI tonight and was down 1lb :) Still doesn't negate the 2.5lbs gain from last week but it is the biggest loss that I've had in a few weeks. :) Gave my tracker to my leader and she is going to go over it and ring me tomorrow :D She is so nice! She already gave me a few pointers:

1. Bananas - I normally have two a day, my leader thinks I should cut this down as apparently it takes 36 hours for a banana to be completely processed through the body :eek:
    2. Treats - In the evening, I tend to sit down with a cup of tea and a mini bar or something. She totted up how many points I'd used on treats and I started out at 2pp last Friday but it increased every day - because most of the treats I have in the press are only 2 or 3pp, I tend to think of them as being low but when you see them added up :eek::eek::eek: So I'm defo making an effort to cut that out. Think I will try Lainys trick of Ryvita in the evenings - except I might have rice cakes instead :)
    Anyway, we'll see what else she comes up with when she rings tomorrow! Onwards and downwards as the fella says :D

on the ryvita website there are some nice sweet topping ideas like stawberry and banana drizzled in honey on a ryvita :) and loads of dessert recipes...i had no idea they could be a "sweet food" :D

Your leader sounds GREAT!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    on the ryvita website there are some nice sweet topping ideas like stawberry and banana drizzled in honey on a ryvita :) and loads of dessert recipes...i had no idea they could be a "sweet food" :D

Your leader sounds GREAT!

I must check it out and see what they have. I need new ideas - she was even pointing the bran muffins as "treats", even though I don't think they are :( So I need new snack ideas!

Flamelily, them tarts are here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72677104&postcount=19

I must check it out and see what they have. I need new ideas - she was even pointing the bran muffins as "treats", even though I don't think they are :( So I need new snack ideas!

Flamelily, them tarts are here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72677104&postcount=19

there snacks more than treats...but i guess anything outside our meals are "treats"

Green Isle Chicken Bacon Sweet Corn Pancakes are 3pp each! 2 for 6pp! YUM i loved them as a kid! hehe!

I have that mag - I keep them all. I'll post it in the Cakes & Bakes thread in the Food & Drink forum :)

thanks Shoe Lover.....you are a star!!!! glad the scales went in the right direction for you......your leader sounds fab.....I am off to look at my tracker cause I think my treats may be clocking up big time :eek:

Am loving Ryvita Lainy, I have mine with Garlic and Herb low fat Philly and some sliced tomato and scallions.....it yummy!!! love the crunch!!! have you tried the 'sweet' ryvita yet??? Thing it has raisins or something in it??? saw it in the supermarket the other day but didn't get any ..... yet

• Advertisement

thanks Shoe Lover.....you are a star!!!! glad the scales went in the right direction for you......your leader sounds fab.....I am off to look at my tracker cause I think my treats may be clocking up big time :eek:

Am loving Ryvita Lainy, I have mine with Garlic and Herb low fat Philly and some sliced tomato and scallions.....it yummy!!! love the crunch!!! have you tried the 'sweet' ryvita yet??? Thing it has raisins or something in it??? saw it in the supermarket the other day but didn't get any ..... yet

the fruit crunch ryvita are 2pp each!

Unfortunately, with my metal mouth, I can't eat Ryvita, they hurt like hell! :(

Just made a huge pot of Tuscan Bean Soup for tomorrow's lunch and dinner! Have the ortho at 10am tomorrow so will be on a liquid diet from then :(

the fruit crunch ryvita are 2pp each!

hmmm.....think I will leave em in the supermarket then so......might try some of the other savory ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Unfortunately, with my metal mouth, I can't eat Ryvita, they hurt like hell! :(

Just made a huge pot of Tuscan Bean Soup for tomorrow's lunch and dinner! Have the ortho at 10am tomorrow so will be on a liquid diet from then :(

That sounds absolutely yummy. I've had a surfeit now of herby pea soup and cauliflower & fennel so in line for a change.

Caros wrote: »
    That sounds absolutely yummy. I've had a surfeit now of herby pea soup and cauliflower & fennel so in line for a change.

C&F soup is a favourite of mine! I've had it the last two weeks :D And bought more fennel today :p Just beware of ppl at work on your lunch break! I bought it this week and one of the guys goes "Can anyone smell something weird - like liqorise", me "yeah it's my soup", him "your soup?", Me "yes, it's fennel", him "ewwwwwwwwwwww, you eat the weirdest things, why would you want liqorise flavoured soup", what a numb nuts!

so next week i really want to start eating salads....i have loads of nice minute steak in the freezer....so if i spend points on the steak...with 0pt salad...now i'm not a great salad eater...find it bland and tasteless...so looking for a really nice dressing (doesnt have to be low fat/non fat ect) cos i'll spend points on dressing if it gets me eating salad..

really trying to eat as healthy as possible in general!

just found this on tesco Tiger Thai Green Salad dressing....NOW THAT SOUNDS DELISH!

its only 4pp for 100g! i'd only use like 20g at the most...so 1pp!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Well done everyone on your losses. The motivation is really high on here the last few days.

I had planned to not touch my weeklies this week because I'm going to Glasgow for the weekend, but this evening my brother arrived unexpectantly for dinner & then my parents came along too to see him. Today I was getting major work done in my kitchen (to get the electrics ready for the new kitchen next week) & this evening I didn't have any power at all, so had to send for a chinese to feed everyone. Have now dug into the weeklies!

Remember a few days ago, when I was having a male friend over for lunch & I was surprised when he noticed & commented on all the weight I had lost because I was sure men didn't notice things like that? Well, it's back to my original theory because my brother (who I saw briefly in Feb & before that it was before Christmas) didn't notice any difference in me - even when my Dad asked him if he saw any change in me! Men!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭timmythesheep

For weeks when I need a boost I make up a big pot of 'Chicken Marengo' for a really low point dinner that freezes well. These quantities make about 10 450g portions and depending on exact quantities will be 3-5 pps a portion. Good with rice or pasta:

6 chicken fillets chopped into small bitesize pieces
    3-4 400g tins chopped tomato (depends on how saucy you want it)
    Tin tomato puree
    2 chicken stock cubes
    Black pepper
    Mixed Italian herbs
    3 large Spanish onions sliced
    2 red and 2 green peppers chopped into small chunks
    Tin pineapple slices in juice chopped into small pieces
    Juice from pineapple tin
    Tin water chestnuts sliced
    2 punnets button mushrooms sliced or left whole.
    Fry light spray

Put all ingredients except onion and chicken into large pot or slow cooker
    Fry the sliced onions and add to pot when browned
    Lightly brown the chicken pieces inthe frying pan and add to the pot
    Leave to cook on low heat for a few hours. An optional glass red wine can be added!

Best made day before to enhance flavour! Enjoy!

fofany wrote: »
    Well done everyone on your losses. The motivation is really high on here the last few days.

I had planned to not touch my weeklies this week because I'm going to Glasgow for the weekend, but this evening my brother arrived unexpectantly for dinner & then my parents came along too to see him. Today I was getting major work done in my kitchen (to get the electrics ready for the new kitchen next week) & this evening I didn't have any power at all, so had to send for a chinese to feed everyone. Have now dug into the weeklies!

Remember a few days ago, when I was having a male friend over for lunch & I was surprised when he noticed & commented on all the weight I had lost because I was sure men didn't notice things like that? Well, it's back to my original theory because my brother (who I saw briefly in Feb & before that it was before Christmas) didn't notice any difference in me - even when my Dad asked him if he saw any change in me! Men!

ah i dont think brothers will ever admit it!

ooooh just seen tesco do there own extra light soft cheese....89c for 250g tub! same points as extra light philly which is like 1.70 for 200g tub!...fraction of the price! ding ding ding (i better order 3 tub haha dont wanna runn out)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Jeeeeeees, this place is busy today, I feel sorry for anyone who didnt log on here today and has to read all this tomorrow!:D

guys,

why do people on here all seem to want BNS wedges/chips when potato wedges from lidl are only 3PP for 100grm?

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Jeeeeeees, this place is busy today, I feel sorry for anyone who didnt log on here today and has to read all this tomorrow!:D

guys,

why do people on here all seem to want BNS wedges/chips when potato wedges from lidl are only 3PP for 100grm?

cos BNS are 0pp

and making stuff at home always healthier less additives ect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BabyBlueJeans

that the one in the mornings...old reruns......how long it been on do you know?

you like your desserts and puddings...whats the lowest pp custard to buy?
    and do you know if custard would freeze okay? i've seen like 500g cartons...but only want like 100g at the most at a time...and dont want it sitting in the fridge...calling to me...thinking of making ice cubes of custard...and just pop out a few an hour before i want them...

Ambrosia do a 150g Low fat Devon Custard Pot. I think they are 3pp per pot.
    They are a handy size and you can get them in Dunnes /Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭cailindana

Lady Lainy the Tiger Thai salad dressings from Tesco are FAB you should definitely try.. I had one that was like sweet chilli sauce, cant remember PP at the mo but can find out if anyone wants to know..

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

Have been away and busy, have so many pages to catch up! From my quick scan it looks like lots of good weight losses so Congrats. I was up 0.5 which was not great but expected it as I was away with my sister over the weekend. Her husband is away and she was moving house, so I was helping with the move and we were so busy, no time to cook so it was snacks and fast food all around. Was good all week until last night. Am I the only one that keeps reaching for the biscuits or something when you are stressed?. My dh and 12year old daughter had a falling out last night, and I was kind of in the middle, she was upset and sulking, he was angry , and I was stressed. Nothing serious, but I hate drama and I could not sleep and snacked on biscuits!
    Anyway, hopefully back to normal today!

Saw this on the web this morning - looks like tesco wraps are the best!

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/food-drink/shopping-around-tortilla-wraps-2669968.html

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Kay_80

So had WI this morning & I was down 0.5lbs I'm happy with that of course I'd like more but I've resigned myself to the fact my body loses weight slowly so I just have to embrace it!! I do have the odd week where I'm down 1. 1.5 but mostly it's 0.5 & well they all add up! If I look qt wk 1 to today I've lost an average of 1lb a week & that's the reccomended so can't complain too much & here's to never seeing 13st something or 12st something ever again!!

So I hit 2 mini goals this morning I'm now in the 11's :D hello 11's! & I got my next silver seven so happy out. My next mini goal is to get to 11.10 & then 11.7 & the more medium term is to get to 11stone or under by electric picnic that probably seems weird but I love leccy picnic the food is always amazing & I'm going to take those 4 days off from WW & just relax & enjoy myself while still making good choices! It's 8 wks away though so if I continue losing small amounts it'll be impossible to achieve but when I set the goal originally I had 14 wks to get there - I've lost 5 lbs though since I set that goal for myself so we'll see! It would be nice to be 2 & a half stone lighter at this years EP over last years!

Ye are all doing great well done :) I've not posted much cos I've been feeling very meh & didn't want to infect the rest of ye with it I've not fallen of the wagon or anything just tired & pi$$ed off but I think that's because of this mo fo of a comute I have ATM. But back to my own office Monday & back to soup & ryvitta for lunch it's 7 weeks since I've been in my own office full time! Damn you clients messing with my WW eating plan! I can't look at another sambo, salad or ricecake/ryvitta + topping combo for a LONG while how I miss my microwave & fridge at work!! ;)

Re treats, this will be controversial for N&D but seriously treats in moderation are ok IMHO I mean this is a lifestyle change not a diet & for me to never be able to eat 2 squares of dark Choc or an icepop or a packet of crisps is unrealistic & I'd never stick to it or worse yet I'd get to goal & think feck it I can eat what I want now & pile it on again as so many have done before! Whereas how I eat now - everything in moderation means I'll always eat like this & more chance of it staying off! Just my 2 cents ;) I have 2 squares of dark Choc everyday & I'm not changing that for anyone! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

I totally agree with you Kay, I need to have some sort of treat in the evening, otherwise I'd be like a b**** on legs and just give up completely, pile on what I've lost and more. This is a lifestyle change, not just a 'lose 5 lbs in a week' thing.

I've been a bit like you, just a bit meh but I gave myself a good talking to last night, and I'm not prepared to undo my hard work. I'm going away for just under a month next week, and I'm determined to walk every day and eat lots of fruit in the Sun! Alcohol will be reduced and plenty of water. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1halfstone

well done everyone on teh losses. Looking great people well done!
    I have finally reached my first goal. Had an absolute disaster of a week, was sooo bad but I managed a 1 pound loss bringing me into a new stone bracket and a my first ahlf stone. that was my first mini goal. I now have two weeks to lose my next half stone which was another mini goal that I had for a wedding. But alas i think thats not going to happen. I will be away all next week for work so it will be really hard to make choices but Iwill try to make the bet ones I can. Will miss my weigh in on fri morn but will be back for a sun morn weigh in so I will do it then. giving me a five days till my next weigh in. Gonna bring my runners with me and go walking when im away so hopefully they will fit in my case!
    Really hoping that Im goin to really put my head downa dn start seeing some bigger losses soon. So far its been wk1 -3 wk2 -2 wk3 - 1 wk4 - 1! very slow forsomeone my size but I havnt been puttingmy heart and soul in it.
    Need to buck up and keep the motivation I have this mornign in the backof myhead!

morning peeps :D

still feeling nice and positive this morning after last nights loss:) even with the dreaded 'breakfast morning' about to start.....I can smell the bacon already :( still I have my healthy goodies line up on the desk in front of me.......so I know I will survive!!!

downloaded the WWpoints diary onto my phone and it was wrking grand last night, however, this morning when I went to search the database to add my brekkie points its not finding things like weetabix.....which I know it found yesterday as its on my food list, so am confused as to why :confused:....will add it in manually for now.....but its annoying that its not working properly!!!

I agree with you as well Kay......I think everything should be eaten in moderation (including treats) if I say otherwise I would be lying to myself....and end up in the biscuit tin and not track it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

downloaded the WWpoints diary onto my phone and it was wrking grand last night, however, this morning when I went to search the database to add my brekkie points its not finding things like weetabix.....which I know it found yesterday as its on my food list, so am confused as to why :confused:....will add it in manually for now.....but its annoying that its not working properly!!!

I agree with you as well Kay......I think everything should be eaten in moderation (including treats) if I say otherwise I would be lying to myself....and end up in the biscuit tin and not track it!!![/QUOTE]

I've been looking for the ww points diary everyone is talking about and can't find it.. I've an iPhone and have iwatcher but would love to see the other one too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

Ok so was up for the first time last night, 0.5lb, completely expected it but after losing 4lb the week before im still quite happy with the average.

I have a wedding at the end of the month then another one 2 weeks later in Hungry (so a holiday too), aiming to get to goal (4lb) in the next too weeks!!!!!

Is it 4 wi that I need to stay on maintenance for when I get goal?

oh its soooooooooooo cold, how am I expected to write a thesis when it is this cold in summer? Im actually under the duvet with my laptop!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement