Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

What is the best oil to use when cooking something like a stirfry?

I usually use some olive oil starting off the stirfry, if i need to add more i use a splash of water instead! Works a treat, and not using more oil than you actually need.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi all. I didn't even go to my WI this week. I knew it had been a bad week and also, I would have had to bring my little boy with me - although that's just an excuse really! Anyway, I'm back on the wagon and so far so good.

My reasons to lose weight are numerous but last October it came to a head when my blood pressure (which has been out of control for years) was really high, even with medication and after millions of tests nobody could give me a medical reason. My sister gave me a good "talking to" and made me realise that my weight was have a massive negative affect on my life. I have a little 2 year old boy and we had to endure 7 years of crap to have him. Why would I fight so long and hard to have him, just to give up on him when he arrived?
    I joined WW the next day and 8 months later I'm 3 stone lighter! :)
    We are now trying to give him a brother or sister and it's proving to be another long road (that's a story for a whole other thread!!) but I know my weight loss could just make that road a little bit shorter. In any case my weight loss means that I'm healthier for my son and more able to enjoy my interaction with him. It's fantastic to be able to run around with him and play games and sit down on the floor with him. He brightens my day! :D
    When I feel a bit disheartened and about to fall off the wagon I look at a photo from last October. It's a picture of me holding my little boy - i HATE the picture. I look HORRENDOUS in it and it reminds me of how I have changed my life and help me get back on track.

On the subject of salads, I just had a DELICIOUS lunch:
    Tomatoes, spring onions, feta cheese and ham - all finely chopped and seasoned with salt and pepper and balsamic glaze. I had that with 3 krisprolls and the whole lot was just 7PP and I'm stuffed - yumm!

Well done everyone who has lost this week - there are always some great results on here. Best of luck everyone for a good week ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭kc83

up 2lbs today :( Not surprised or anything and usually feel really down bout it but now Im kicking myself up the bum and 7 weeks to africa....1.5-2lbs a week for the nxt 7 weeks = 14lbs give or take!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

Tmeos wrote: »
    Hi All, WI last night down 0.5lbs which is not too bad at all considering the week I had! Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a fast convenience style dinner for 10-15 points, have a million and one things to do tonight so need something that will be really easy. Any ideas?

How about an ommlette, would be even less points. I usually use 1 egg (2pp) and 2 egg whites, loads of veggies, 30g goats cheese (2pp) and olive oil (1pp), you could get a wholemeal wrap to make up the points (4 or 5pp), lay the omlette on it and roll it for a nice quick easy dinner.

The other quick one is a chicken & cashew nut stir fry with loads of veggies and a small bit of rice, I never use sauces, just a bout a tbsp of olive oil for frying and then some soy sauce and a bit of sweet chilli to taste - the lot is roughly 11 to 12 pps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

What is the best oil to use when cooking something like a stirfry?

I use Sesame Seed oil for stir-fry's then top up with a drop of soy sauce :D

WI in three hours - wish it was over with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Its SO cold today! I don't want to get on the treadmill!
    But going to suck it up and just DO it...then nice hot shower and cup of skinny mocha & Bran muffin for snack afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Raspberries

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for a while, finally joined WW yesterday. Your stories are really inspiring and uplifting!

I've realised that I drink an awful lot of really milky tea, and I was thinking if I point it at 1pp, it might curb my tea-drinking habits.

Do ye think this a good idea or should I stick to the guide? It says 0pp for black tea, but it's kinda hard to measure how much milk you use over a day's tea drinking. I was going to point it at 0pp with the milk, but I thought that would be cheating.

I would drink 6-8 cups of tea a day, so I thought if I pointed that at 1pp, that would make me think twice about drinking as much.

What do ye think?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for a while, finally joined WW yesterday. Your stories are really inspiring and uplifting!

I've realised that I drink an awful lot of really milky tea, and I was thinking if I point it at 1pp, it might curb my tea-drinking habits.

Do ye think this a good idea or should I stick to the guide? It says 0pp for black tea, but it's kinda hard to measure how much milk you use over a day's tea drinking. I was going to point it at 0pp with the milk, but I thought that would be cheating.

I would drink 6-8 cups of tea a day, so I thought if I pointed that at 1pp, that would make me think twice about drinking as much.

What do ye think?

My leader suggests that if you are a tea drinker that you should measure out your milk in the morning in a jug and point it and allocate those points onto your tracker and use that for your tea during the day! I dont drink tea though but i always remember her saying that and thought it was a good way to keep track of it for anyone that does drink tea!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gillygill

well i tried on my bridesmaid dress last n ight only 5 weeks left still feels a bit tight so need some tips to drop a few pound in 5 weeks .. and how many days do you guys wait b4 having a sneeky weigh in x

Hi everyone,

What do ye think?

maybe get a small 500ml carton of slimline milk....on hot drinks you honestly cant tell the difference in taste...

there is SOME caffine in tea bags...maybe switch a de-caffinated tea bag...i think barrys do one, in a green and pink box.

and if your using milk to cool the tea down....fill the cup about 3/4's....then a lil cold water...then your drop of milk, you wont need half as much milk to cool it down.

• Advertisement

gillygill wrote: »
    well i tried on my bridesmaid dress last n ight only 5 weeks left still feels a bit tight so need some tips to drop a few pound in 5 weeks .. and how many days do you guys wait b4 having a sneeky weigh in x

water water water water....with clothes...its not just about lbs...its about bloating...for the sake of the special occasion, maybe sign up to a toning class or personal trainer...its inches you want

No fizzy drinks or alcohol....for a deadline thats not flexible....just do it...you'll be so glad you did! you'll have to be strict....no eating out...if you can avoid it....AVOID IT!

When on a tight deadline like that....you kinda just gotta suck it up and bite the bullet and work and point and walk your ass off.

then on the wedding day.....ENJOY EVERY SECOND OF IT! RELAX & CELEBRATE!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    nearly all the oils are same value, but extra virgin olive oil is the healthiest i think. or the lo-cal fry light stuff is good :)

if its a really good wok like a high end tefel, you should only need tiny amount

I though I read somewhere that as the olive oils boiling point at a lower heat that the soak into the foods faster?! could be 100% completely wrong tho

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    I though I read somewhere that as the olive oils boiling point at a lower heat that the soak into the foods faster?! could be 100% completely wrong tho

They all have the same pro point allowance, but most healthy diets use extra virgin, I do the same as another poster, literly a drizzel of oil and top it up with water as i need it. or even just "fry" them in water to begin with and save the points altogether,

Right so just getting my tracker ready for tomorrow...as its end of the ww week for me...to see how many dailies, weeklies, activity points used and earned.

I've eaten ALL my dailies EVERY day!

Eaten 40 of my weeklies (1 packet of ryvita 250g + 2x200g Light soft cheese...spread out througout the week...9pm every night i have some ryvita + cheese spread with diced onion!)

Earned 18 Activity points (not eaten)

And so far i'm seeing a VERY NICE loss :D YIPEEEEEEEE! And I havent been hungery at all this week! (nearly out of pears tho...i'm eating like two cans a day)

So with the weeklies its about WHAT you eat....not just the points...next wekk I will switch to extra light philly tho. it'll save me like 6 points thru out the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Raphaela

I've just rejoined WW (two days ago) after 4 years. Finding the new ProPoints hard to get use to or maybe its the shock that a bottle of wine is now 20 points whereas it was 7 points on the old system! Any tips?

Raphaela wrote: »
    I've just rejoined WW (two days ago) after 4 years. Finding the new ProPoints hard to get use to or maybe its the shock that a bottle of wine is now 20 points whereas it was 7 points on the old system! Any tips?

forget the old point......there is no comparision....its a whole new measuring system...try to approach from totally fresh newbie point of view.

this thread is short only about 90 pages (last ww thread was about 900 pages)
    So have a scroll back and read this thread.... even print it out at work and having it as bed time reading material...

ppl have lists of "must have foods" "must have gadgets" what to buy at meetings...what not to buy...ect.

I did submit my wk 3 results (or lack of results) didnt I? wk 4 results are going to make up for my disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 stanlea

hi all,
    Follow the thread but don't often post, going for an indian tonight and dreading it-what can I have??? Im guessing prawns/chicken dish in tomato based sauce? N what about rice etc, whats my best accompanying item?
    Thanks

stanlea wrote: »
    hi all,
    Follow the thread but don't often post, going for an indian tonight and dreading it-what can I have??? Im guessing prawns/chicken dish in tomato based sauce? N what about rice etc, whats my best accompanying item?
    Thanks

A sizzling dish thats not in sauce, like Chicken Tikka (not masala)
    With boiled rice, take half the rice and send the rest back,
    Nan bread is LETHAL! plain nan is something like 16pp i think.

If you get something with sauce...kinda fish the meat/veg out of the sauce rather than tipping it all onto the rice. and again send the sauce back. so its not there looking at you.

Indian/Chinese portions of rice are about 12pp,
    Pilau Rice 16pp

Tandoori Chicken (half) 15
    Tikka (8 pieces) 14
    Vegetable Curry 15
    Vegetable Biryani 29
    Dahl Balti 15
    Prawn Jalfrezi 16
    King Prawn Vindaloo 15
    Chicken Balti 18
    Fish Curry 18
    Lamb Balti 23

Can anyone tell me if American Biggest Loser is on TV these days? I cant find it in the listings....is it on Living or SKy One?

I did submit my wk 3 results (or lack of results) didnt I? wk 4 results are going to make up for my disaster!

you did

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me if American Biggest Loser is on TV these days? I cant find it in the listings....is it on Living or SKy One?

Tuesday's on Living but ... and this is a big but, they are showing the series prior to the last one the aired.

on ehte previous one they aired they brought back shea( haviest woman ever) to get $1000 per LB lost on the finally, and this series is the one with shea in it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

oh, oh, .... my 36waist trousers are getting a little loose! :rolleyes:

"That a good thing" I hear you say.

Not when you have no money at all to by any new clothes?!?!?:eek:
    Diet is under threat ... from my wallet!:P
    I know what you mean, i had a moment like that over the weekend took out a skirt to wear and its way to big now looked stupid big yay but I was sad as well as I loved that skirt! then I need new clothes now! need to win the lotto :D
    Raphaela wrote: »

stick with it, took me two weeks to get used to the new programe but I am loving it now :) Im never hungry and love I eat healthy with the odd treat and all with in points! forget the old points system and just learn the new one, ooh get a good scales t

Tuesday's on Living but ... and this is a big but, they are showing the series prior to the last one the aired.

on ehte previous one they aired they brought back shea( haviest woman ever) to get $1000 per LB lost on the finally, and this series is the one with shea in it :mad:

that the one in the mornings...old reruns......how long it been on do you know?

you like your desserts and puddings...whats the lowest pp custard to buy?
    and do you know if custard would freeze okay? i've seen like 500g cartons...but only want like 100g at the most at a time...and dont want it sitting in the fridge...calling to me...thinking of making ice cubes of custard...and just pop out a few an hour before i want them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ymckenna

Hi there, anyone have any idea how many pro points are in salt and vinegar frisps? had some today but forgot to keep the wrapper to calculate it when i got home! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Was down 2lbs today,glad i gave myself a good talkin to the other nite!!
    I think i pointed frisps as 4pps before,nearly sure you'll be safe enough with that.
    Good luck in morn lainy,funny when ur doin it right ur whole mood changes and everything,i was in top form after wi,scrubbed bathroom and washed floor on my knees!!!! smellin lovely and dusted a large built in press in hall,don't think it was done properly since xmas cas i found a little gift tag there from a friend!!!!
    Have drank 1.5 litres of water too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ymckenna

hollyhock wrote: »
    I think i pointed frisps as 4pps before,nearly sure you'll be safe enough with that.

Thats great, thanks for that! thats not too bad, but still think i'd prefer Skips for 2pps! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭aspie mum

hollyhock wrote: »
    Was down 2lbs today,glad i gave myself a good talkin to the other nite!!
    Good luck in morn lainy,funny when ur doin it right ur whole mood changes and everything,i was in top form after wi,scrubbed bathroom and washed floor on my knees!!!! smellin lovely and dusted a large built in press in hall,don't think it was done properly since xmas cas i found a little gift tag there from a friend!!!!
    Have drank 1.5 litres of water too:D

If your still feelin energitic you could clean my house for me

Well don e on the loss:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

just wondering can anyone help with the magie seasoning bags for meat, what points are they?i remember lady lainy you pointed them before but cant find the post. just to let you know low fat custard ambrosia 125g are 3 points, i love them and have them at the end of my day with 0point jelly, lovely, treat!!

WOOOO empty house tomorrow! I'm a goin COOKING!

Finally got some chicken mince! MEAT! NOM!

Chicken pasta pake! And pear bran muffins!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

This will tell ye the change in attitude for me in the last couple of months - had to go to Cork today to see Periodontist, normally a trip to the big smoke would involve a nice lunch followed by dessert with a bar of chocolate for the drive home. Today I brought an apple and a banana and a bottle of water with me. Considering apples would normally be a twice yearly thing at most this is a change!!!!

Looked at clothes but didn't buy any in case they won't fir for long - nothing like a bit of optimism! Got a nice pair of purple sandals instead!

Lainy I have to go up again in a few weeks if you fancy meeting for a coffee?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement