Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

sandy_c wrote: »
    Hey Lady Lainy i tried those Tesco Fish Cakes...nyom!!! and i also bought the tesco chocolate wafer bars, very nice also and get substitute to the expensive ww brand. OH is making zero point tomato soup now too : ) Great to have the support of the OH. He even updated my Tracker online while i was making the dinner!

those fish cakes are life save.....especially as they can be cooked from frozen. and they're pretty high in protein with is good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Anyone know the PP in the large pots of petit filous? Bought 2 today to go with my fruit salad in the morning but bought them single and no NI on them or the tesco website. Thanks.

Monife wrote: »
    Anyone know the PP in the large pots of petit filous? Bought 2 today to go with my fruit salad in the morning but bought them single and no NI on them or the tesco website. Thanks.

what size and flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Oops never mind. My lazy ass got onto google, found the NI for the small pot (which is half the weight) and just doubled the values, got 3PP, hope its right. Don't mind spending 3PP on a nice yoghurt in the morning when the fruit salad is 0PP. :)

Monife wrote: »
    Oops never mind. My lazy ass got onto google, found the NI for the small pot (which is half the weight) and just doubled the values, got 3PP, hope its right. Don't mind spending 3PP on a nice yoghurt in the morning when the fruit salad is 0PP. :)

http://www.petitsfilous.ie/petits-filous/our-product-range/

Nice breakie :D slight slip tonight...got some of those light choices apple and sulatana crisp slices....wooopies!

but ah well now im stuffed... :D back on the straight and narrow tomorrow! Steak and salad for lunch!

Chicken+Quorn Lasagne for dinner!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I had a great time in Glasgow (no WW this weekend!). Was away in a group of 7 girls. We were all at school together (we left school in 1987:eek:). Everyone was saying how great I looked & how I was looking better now than ever before - I think I must have improved with age. Had a bit of pampering - got my makeup & nails done & felt fantastic going out last night. The last 5 1/2 mths has been so worth it! Back to being good again tomorrow before WI on Tues morning (not expecting a good result though).

• Registered Users Posts: 48 kareno.carlow

Hey Lainy how are you using ww online? I tried to sign up before but it was UK residents only, was raging as id love to use the online tracker! :-)

Hey Lainy how are you using ww online? I tried to sign up before but it was UK residents only, was raging as id love to use the online tracker! :-)

gave a UK address. some hotel in wales LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

I'm gonna go back and rejoin tomorrow. eeeek not looking forward to the scales. I was looking at mine at home but honestly I think its on smack or something.

I've planned a dinner out with some friends on Thursday night, i think we're gonna go for italian. Any tips on points for Italian? I'm a veggie by the way.

Also on the pro points whats the story with alcohol? How much is red wine and bulmers light. I googled but am getting conflicting opinions.

I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

meabhaline wrote: »
    I'm gonna go back and rejoin tomorrow. eeeek not looking forward to the scales. I was looking at mine at home but honestly I think its on smack or something.

I've planned a dinner out with some friends on Thursday night, i think we're gonna go for italian. Any tips on points for Italian? I'm a veggie by the way.

Also on the pro points whats the story with alcohol? How much is red wine and bulmers light. I googled but am getting conflicting opinions.

Alcohol in moderation, cos it aint going to do us any favours on the scales

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    gave a UK address. some hotel in wales LOL

Haha and no problems with bills etc? Maybe ill do the same, I go to meetings but would love the online database.

Haha and no problems with bills etc? Maybe ill do the same, I go to meetings but would love the online database.

Nope, I pay with an Irish debit card

meabhaline wrote: »

Well the ww Eat Out guide lists the following points:

Penne Arrabiata 15pp
    Tomato Bruschetta 6pp
    Mushroom Risotto 15pp
    Tagliatelle with Mushrooms 17pp
    Pizza Margherita 18pp

Hope that helps :)

Nope, I pay with an Irish debit card

Cool might give it a go! Well done on your weight loss by the way, 4 pounds is amazing! :D

Cool might give it a go! Well done on your weight loss by the way, 4 pounds is amazing! :D

i'm thrilled! i've relaxed a lil just today! didnt fall off...just relaxed....need a semi-break at weekends!

and a TONNE of cooking tomorrow!

I rejoined last tues, 5 pounds to go to my goal weight, have had a pretty good week but i definitely treat myself every day! We'll see how i get on tuesday.

Well the ww Eat Out guide lists the following points:

Penne Arrabiata 15pp
    Tomato Bruschetta 6pp
    Mushroom Risotto 15pp
    Tagliatelle with Mushrooms 17pp
    Pizza Margherita 18pp

Hope that helps :)

Thanks a million!

Alcohol in moderation, cos it aint going to do us any favours on the scales

Thats great, thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

morning all :D

had a busy weekend but for the first time in ages I didn't fall off the wagon :) and stuck to my points like glue and am feeling the better for it!!!! Plan to continue this for the week and hopefully stay off the bread as well.....I eat to much of the stuff and its not worth the points!!!!!

Congrats on your fantastic loss lainy!!!!!! you go girl :cool:

off to read the thread and catch up on what you all have been up to!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Morning all!

Had a fairly good weekend food wise - have been sticking to most of what my leader told me to do! Have only had one banana this week and that was this morning - crazy considering I normally have two a day! Have planned to mix up my brekkie too so that I can use different fruit in it, instead of the bananans. Had porridge this am, going to have Fruit & Fibre tomorrow and add some strawberries and blueberries to it, maybe a kiwi too :D Am still struggling with the treats, but am doing my best, really going to work hard now until Thurs on the treats and try to limit them to a max of 4pp a day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

wow Bulmers light is 6 PP what's normal Bulmers! kinda found I have given up drink don't miss it all, its been well over a year now LOL I couldn't drink when I was expecting and having Gestational Diabetes but wasn't a huge drinker any way! but I do like a glass of bulmers LOL

I signed up to WW Australia when I was living there, they send me emails with great recipes in them here a link to some lovely stews and casseroles http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/util/art/index_art.aspx?tabnum=3&art_id=40291&sc=3026
    the mexican beef one looks lovely! I posted a link to puddings in the other thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lorimc

hey everyone, hope you all had a good weekend, I think I had :D.
    On Saturday I made, veg soup, blueberry bran muffins and brown bread.
    Made Lainys lasagne last yesterday with lean beef mince. Its yum (but I do need more seasoning next time) and I can get 6 portions out of it so about 10ppt each (if i did my maths right). So I'm gonna pretty much have my meals covered for days now.

I also went for a 10k run in the drizzly rain yesterday!!!!!! (Jez im not one of those people that like exercise am I??????:eek:)

Anyone know the ppt in cinema popcorn, might go this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

Morning All!
    Well done Lainy - great loss and well deserved!

My weekend was a bit nightmarish! 2 trips to the chinese and a homemade dinner at inlaws so was hard to point. I managed to stay within my points for the chinese though ordered large popcorn in the cinema and ate the whole thing to myself (19pp!!!!). Cinema popcorn is my downfall.

Very motivated since yesterday evening and today - Soup made, fruit bought (in bulk) and off to get ingredients for the bran muffins to make tomorrow.

I am confused on something i hoping you can help with. On the weely allowance. If you go over on your dailys do you take the balance from your weeklys? Or Do you take the treats your eating from your weeklies separatly and just continue to use whatever dailies are left?
    (hope that wasn't too confusing!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Dublin25 wrote: »
    Morning All!
    Well done Lainy - great loss and well deserved!

My weekend was a bit nightmarish! 2 trips to the chinese and a homemade dinner at inlaws so was hard to point. I managed to stay within my points for the chinese though ordered large popcorn in the cinema and ate the whole thing to myself (19pp!!!!). Cinema popcorn is my downfall.

Very motivated since yesterday evening and today - Soup made, fruit bought (in bulk) and off to get ingredients for the bran muffins to make tomorrow.

I am confused on something i hoping you can help with. On the weely allowance. If you go over on your dailys do you take the balance from your weeklys? Or Do you take the treats your eating from your weeklies separatly and just continue to use whatever dailies are left?
    (hope that wasn't too confusing!)

Yes, if you go over your dailies, you take then from your weeklies and if you have no weeklies left, you can take from your activity points.

I include my treats in my dailies and if I go over, then I break into the weeklies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 dubliin_ali

I was talking to a friend about WW at the weekend and explaining the points system. One thing that I wasn't able to answer though was how important is the nutritional information of the foods to the weight loss - as in if you were to eat 29 points worth of junk food vs 29 points of healthy food would you not lose weight. I explained the whole protein aspect and the filling foods and it taking more energy to burn but at the end I wasn't able to say if there would be any different in weight loss. I've lost over 20pounds this year so far on ww so I think it's great and advises eating well but that still doesn't answer the question really.

I think the whole shenanagins that closed our old thread might have been something along this line but without going into that again can anyone answer??

I was talking to a friend about WW at the weekend and explaining the points system. One thing that I wasn't able to answer though was how important is the nutritional information of the foods to the weight loss - as in if you were to eat 29 points worth of junk food vs 29 points of healthy food would you not lose weight. I explained the whole protein aspect and the filling foods and it taking more energy to burn but at the end I wasn't able to say if there would be any different in weight loss. I've lost over 20pounds this year so far on ww so I think it's great and advises eating well but that still doesn't answer the question really.

I think the whole shenanagins that closed our old thread might have been something along this line but without going into that again can anyone answer??

well "junk" is usually calorie dense small amounts of food. The propoints are made up of a combination of protein, carbs.fat,fiber...but that combination can be in any ratio.....so healthy foods and junk foods can end up equalling the same propoint...but how that pro point value was made is what matters....

like a mars bar will prob have very low protein....high in carbs.....high in fat and low in fibre

where as two chicken breasts will be high in protein, low in carbs....medium - low in fat and low in fibre.

1 Mars bar is....for arguement sake. 9pp...i cant remember off the top of my head....a

2 large chicken breasts are 9pp......both are the same...but its the chicken that will help you lose weight, feel fuller for longer ect.

like if someone just ate 29 propoints in chocolate....thats what like 3 or 4 bars...and if thats all they ate just the 4 bars and NOTHING else...they would lose weight....but that would be from starving your self....which is totally unrealistic and HIGHLY dangerious...

the body uses nutrients of food to function....protein, carbs, fat, fiber, water....

But if your eating junk food full of simple sugars and carbs...the body only uses a small bit of that...and the rest gets converted to FAT and is stored in the body....fat is a high source of energy....but we all ready have that in our body...so we dont need to consume AS MUCH fat....we do still need to consume some fats....but just the right fats. non essential fats the body will get from the fat stores ie...burning off fat....losing weight....

but if your EATING the fat...the body will just use the fat you eat instead of using the fat already in the body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RedBride

Hi guys, haven't been on since this new thread was started. I have fallen off the wagon big time and am desperately trying to climb back on! I'm afraid to stand on the scales as I'd say I've gained about 6lbs in the last two weeks alone. I had a few social occassions and the eating and drinking got out of control. I am sick of this bloated/sluggish feeling. I need my mojo back :mad:

So there's the line I'm drawing under the past few weeks. I can't afford to attend meetings for the next couple of weeks so I'm going it alone for a while. I've printed a tracker and am planning out my meals for the next few days. I'm getting back to the gym tomorrow too, I just never feel right when I'm not going there. I'm going on holidays in 12 weeks and would love to lose 10lbs by then. Easy peasy?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

sandy_c wrote: »
    Hey Lady Lainy i tried those Tesco Fish Cakes...nyom!!! and i also bought the tesco chocolate wafer bars, very nice also and get substitute to the expensive ww brand. OH is making zero point tomato soup now too : ) Great to have the support of the OH. He even updated my Tracker online while i was making the dinner!

You are lucky Sandy-c that your OH is supportive, mine is supportive in some ways but persists in buying things like apple strudel, and lamb chops and hamburgers, pies etc which drives me nuts!
    Please tell me how you make your tomato soup, I have tried the roasted pepper and tomato but to me it is not great, it has a bit of a sharp acidic taste, love cream of tomato soup, the tinned one from Aldi is lovely but about 6 points for the tin!
    I have also been good this weekend for a change, so hope tomorrow WI will be good.

Just had yummy steak salad :D

200g Aldi Minute streak done one george forman.
    If you leave the GF open...it wont dry out or cook to fast. I like mine juciy and medium rare.

Minute steak 9pp
    Salad 0pp
    Dressing 1pp

The Tiger Green Thai dressing is devine! Full of flavour so you dont meed much!
    Having a yoghurt now for 2pp

So lunch 11pp :D

off to make my quorn+chicken lasagne....wonder how it'll turn out :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭donnamc5

Oh God, Bikram yoga in an hour. Still at the trying my best not to pass out or throw up stage. Still every little helps before my weigh in tomorrow, after the weekend away :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement