Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

lorimc wrote: »
    Thats brilliant, well done, keep it up like that and the weight is gonna just fall right off.

Yeah I'm always getting the 3 for E9 in tesco, its seriously cheaper for the chicken fillets and salmon.
    Think il go to the butchers later, they always have great deals on minute steaks so I may get a few of them too, mmmmmm steak. I could never turn veggie would miss my meat way to much.

I'm far from veggie...Quorn is just lower in fat and points. and its handy

making the pasta bake in the minute with chicken...oh i cant wait...MEAT! Making it now so it can go cold and freeze it

I want to get my 8lb mini target by 3rd of July, that'll be my first WI of July :D so exactly 3 weeks to get 4lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Congrats Lainy, that's a great result for the week!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭layviae

well done lainy!!!! You deserved it ive been looking at your blog trackers all week and you totally deserved a good result

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭LinK3

Excellent job Lainy:) congrats, you must be over the moon..

Thank You :D

I actually kinda enjoyed all the cooking....first thing I did this morning after falling over with shock of my results was make my dinner for tonight... I was making my dinner while eating my breakfast! haha!

So my dinner for the weekend is sorted. Chicken Pasta bake :D And mammy taking me to tesco tomorrow to get more pears...she even said it her self...for the price of the tinned pears...you wouldnt get much in fresh fruit for 75c...plus dont have to worry about them going off!

Just spent the last hour booking whale and bird watching weekend in August :D
    CANT WAIT! Nice little reward end of the summer to work for....better start brushing up on my Gaeilge. its in the Gealtach on Cape Clear

And now i'm off to take the dogs for a run...them running me walking...cos its such a nice day out...and i dont feel like sitting on my arse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

guys,

these are the results for week 3. well done to all.

I'll remove the names of those that havent sent me a weight since week0 next week(however if thos people want to join again all they need to do is send my their weights again)

keep up the good work all

• Registered Users Posts: 23 meabhaline

So i've done WW before with some success but totally off the wagon now. Have rejoined so many times.

Can't seem to get back into it at all. Any tips on restarting?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

got the tesco fishcakes today and had them for dinner. they are yummy :D really enjoyed them. I got that maggi thing for the chicken too so going to try that during the wk :)

not getting much exercise done this week cos i have a horrible cold and my throat is really really sore plus my 2 yr old has been sick the last few days and my 6 month old had his vaccinations yesterday and has been sick since :( so im busy minding them but they are more important :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 shazza_90

well done on such a big loss Lainey!
    Please help, how do you point Relish, i used ballymaloe relish but cnt seem to point if for 15g, i used 7g of light mayo and 8g of relish earlier to make sauce for wrap and pointed it 1pp, does that seem right?
    took quick peep at scales too earlier and seems to tell me im up even though ive upped the exercise and stayed within my dailies each day ggrrrrr!!! and drank loads of water, 2-3 litres a day!!!!
    off out for my run now with the dog so hopefully this will help

wow this is so weird...normally saturdays are like my wooooo cheat day...i have a week tiill next WI.....

but i've actually eaten pretty healthy today....and within my dailies...will prob dip into weeklies just a tiny bit later by about 5pp (readybrek + milk)

Today was so nice out...and tomorrow is meant to be horrible so spent the day clipping the dogs coat and then taking them for a walk up field to do a lil training with the puppy so didnt get to the treadmill today...but as i said tomorrow is meant to be horrible so i'll get to it then

• Advertisement

shazza_90 wrote: »
    well done on such a big loss Lainey!
    Please help, how do you point Relish, i used ballymaloe relish but cnt seem to point if for 15g, i used 7g of light mayo and 8g of relish earlier to make sauce for wrap and pointed it 1pp, does that seem right?
    took quick peep at scales too earlier and seems to tell me im up even though ive upped the exercise and stayed within my dailies each day ggrrrrr!!! and drank loads of water, 2-3 litres a day!!!!
    off out for my run now with the dog so hopefully this will help

point the 100g devide the points for that by 100 to get 1g, then multiply that by 7g. Rounding it to the nearest whole propoint.

but yeah 15g mix of relish/light mayo sounds okay at 1pp

Tesco
    2 x Mullerlight Cheese cake flavours (2pp per yoghurt)
    24 x Tinned Pears, Natural Juice (0pp per can)
    Tiger Thai Green Salad dressing (1pp per 20g)
    Dubliner Light Cheese
    Quorn Mince
    Cous Cous
    Gherkins

Lidl
    Cherry Tomatoes
    Linessa Light Soft Cheese (Lidl)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Congrats on the weight loss lainy you must be delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Lainy well done on the weight loss thats brilliant and well deserved! OOH and great minds think a like we are heading there in August as well, we wanted to go last year but never got there went to Clare instead! but sooo looking forward to it and its not a bad price either! saw you had them liked on FB hope the weather is nice Its been so cold and horrible lately! esp this side of the country!

Had a lovely walk earlier and we are doing a big one tomorrow with a packed lunch should be good! :)

Baby75 wrote: »
    Lainy well done on the weight loss thats brilliant and well deserved! OOH and great minds think a like we are heading there in August as well, we wanted to go last year but never got there went to Clare instead! but sooo looking forward to it and its not a bad price either! saw you had them liked on FB hope the weather is nice Its been so cold and horrible lately! esp this side of the country!

Had a lovely walk earlier and we are doing a big one tomorrow with a packed lunch should be good! :)

no way...i'm going in august!!!!!! We're going the weekend of 7th August :D
    we got it some some living social deal package 1/2 price! and can go ANY weekend (once theres vacancies)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    no way...i'm going in august!!!!!!

cool we are heading there the end of August :) can not wait!

Baby75 wrote: »
    cool we are heading there the end of August :) can not wait!

it might only be a weekend....but thats my holiday for the summer! I was offered a few weeks in tanerife....but just want be eating all round me...I wouldnt be able to relax, to me wouldn't be worth it...i'd rather the weekend in cape clear :) hiking, bird watching, whale watching, bitta banter as geailge, I can bring my tinned pears and skinny mocha with me...i'll be sorted!

Few drinks around the camp fire...going with my mum...she did buy the package, and its a place i know she likes...

Must get camera fixed and get my walking fitness up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lainy, well done on the weightloss, brilliant result!

Well I spent the majority of my weeklies on alcohol last night, had a long over due girlie night, was great fun and so totally worth it. Was real proud, ate my dinner before they came so I wouldnt be too hungry and they all got chinese and I shared a chips (yes just a half a little bag of chips :) ) with a friend while they all ate their chinese.

Feeling very worse for wear today though, and have been just snacking, but all within in my dailies, never want full meals when i'm hungover. Hope the weather is ok tomorrow, want to try out a park near my new apartment for the couch to 5k. Apparently it has exercise stuff in the park, like as you go around the track there is things to do like steps and stuff, no idea what else it has but sounds interesting, probably wont do anything though for fear of looking like an eejit ha ha Just do my jog.

no way...i'm going in august!!!!!! We're going the weekend of 7th August :D
    we got it some some living social deal package 1/2 price! and can go ANY weekend (once theres vacancies)
    it might only be a weekend....but thats my holiday for the summer! I was offered a few weeks in tanerife....but just want be eating all round me...I wouldnt be able to relax, to me wouldn't be worth it...i'd rather the weekend in cape clear :) hiking, bird watching, whale watching, bitta banter as geailge, I can bring my tinned pears and skinny mocha with me...i'll be sorted!

Few drinks around the camp fire...going with my mum...she did buy the package, and its a place i know she likes...

Must get camera fixed and get my walking fitness up :D

Tanerife would not appeal to me at all, I cant sit and do nothing all day I get bored, I love hikeing and walking so a few days there with no car we will walk the legs off our selfs and I think it will not be to hard to stick to my PP I will have 5 kids with me who love the out doors so it's just perfect and Im looking forward to brushing up on my irish my hubby was fluent but if you dont use it you lose it as they say! bet it will all come back to him though!

you can let me know what you think and what to bring food wise! I hope we can cook our selfs I dont mind eating out once or twice but prefer to prepare our own food easier on the pcoket and more control as well! wonder what the shop is like as well! hey ya never know you could drop weight there with all ther exercise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Lainy fab weight loss!:)

Does anyone know how many pps in a small bottle of French beer.. The bottles are brasserie from tesco, aldi or lidl, I can't actually remember but there's only 25cl in them..

• Advertisement

I found this in Rosemary Conley magazine!

serioulsy some delish recipes in it!

One Large Flour Tortilla (ww brand) 3pp
    30g Dubliner Light 2pp
    16 Cherry Tomatos Halved
    150ml Skimmed Milk 1pp
    2 Whole Eggs, Beaten 4pp
    Fresh Basil to garnish

METHOD
    Preheat The Oven to 200C (Gas Mark 4)

Press the wrap into a sandwich cake tin. making sure it sits into all the creases without ripping.

Finely grate half the cheese into the base and cover with halved cherry tomatos, grate the remaining cheese over the tomatoes.

With a whisk combine the milk and egg and pour over.

Sprinkle with chopped herbs. and bake in oven for 40 minutes until set

Serve hot or cold.

Total propoints: 10
    Propoints per serving 5pp

If you 1/4 it its only 2pp per quarter! WOW!

the ww wraps are kinda pathetic and tear easly...so for the sake of only 1 or 2 pp for the entire recipe might be worth using a normal wrap...supervalu own brand wraps in red packet are decent quality.

I'd prob also add some onion to it. nom!

LinK3 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many pps in a small bottle of French beer.. The bottles are brasserie from tesco, aldi or lidl, I can't actually remember but there's only 25cl in them..

whats that in ml? what would be the closest mainstream brand to it?

point the 100g devide the points for that by 100 to get 1g, then multiply that by 7g. Rounding it to the nearest whole propoint.

but yeah 15g mix of relish/light mayo sounds okay at 1pp

Thanks Lainy, your a star

hey lainy, sorry to pester you again, but just checking out ur blog, its pretty cool and really cool tips, just want to know about the eggs, i thought one egg is three points so how do you get three eggs for 5 points, its just i love my eggs and wud love to eat more of them, thanks in advance

shazza_90 wrote: »
    hey lainy, sorry to pester you again, but just checking out ur blog, its pretty cool and really cool tips, just want to know about the eggs, i thought one egg is three points so how do you get three eggs for 5 points, its just i love my eggs and wud love to eat more of them, thanks in advance

large eggs are 3pp. (large is 65g+)

medium eggs are 2pp (medium is 45g)
    1 medium egg is 2pp
    2 medium eggs are 4pp
    3 medium eggs are 5pp

I'm doing WW online with the UK site. Thats what there own database has them as

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Well done Lainy,on the big number,all ur hard work paid off,just goes to show if you work the programme you'll get the results!!(not u personally,any of us);)

Hi Lainy it's 250ml beer, not sure what's like it but there are a few French ones, biere d'or from tesco, bier d'alsace aldi or lidl and brasserie? Thought it might be lower in pps as they are little bottles...

LinK3 wrote: »
    Hi Lainy it's 250ml beer, not sure what's like it but there are a few French ones, biere d'or from tesco, bier d'alsace aldi or lidl and brasserie? Thought it might be lower in pps as they are little bottles...

I say you could get away with calling it 4pp...

i looked up 250ml of heinken lol

hollyhock wrote: »
    Well done Lainy,on the big number,all ur hard work paid off,just goes to show if you work the programme you'll get the results!!(not u personally,any of us);)

The programme works....if you work with it! Combo of moderation, common sense and support!

:D Thanks!

• Advertisement

I say you could get away with calling it 4pp...

i looked up 250ml of heinken lol

Aw crap, I was pointing it 1 pp!!! Thought I googled it before and saw that on some site!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement