Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Wedding Mega Thread! Mod warning post 364.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

RosyLily wrote: »
    99% sure that it's the dress. Can't seem to find it on the Irish Zara website though!:confused:

Never mind...I found it!:o

Oh could you post a link please, I can't find it anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Purple bobbin posted a link in her original post :confused:

I think it sold out almost immediately after she was pictured wearing it though.

True, I just thought Lilly rose had found it on the Irish Zara site. Wires crossed it seems.

I will pop into Zara Dundrum tomorrow on the off chance they might have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Lollers wrote: »
    True, I just thought Lilly rose had found it on the Irish Zara site. Wires crossed it seems.

I will pop into Zara Dundrum tomorrow on the off chance they might have it.

I found it on the Irish Zara site. http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/ie/en/zara-S2011/0/198243/PLEATED%2BDRESS

Alas, it's sold out and British site doesn't deliver to Ireland.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Can I ask where you saw this? I am interested in getting the shoes, so would appreciate any help.

http://coolspotters.com/shoes/lk-bennett-greta-wedges

• Advertisement

Welp I checked out Zara Dundrum today and they were all sold out of Kates dress. Lots of the Pippa blazers still there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Pippa did look absolutely stunning at the wedding, it seems like the tabloids and beauty websites are really milking it though just to have something new to report on, the rest of the time she doesn't look anything special.

Imo although Pippa looked better on the wedding day than the bride, in real life Kate is so much more striking than Pippa.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

Pictures have come out of Pippa dancing in her bra and a skirt on a night out... wonder what the Queen will think :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

William and Kate had their first Royal engagement today after arriving back from their honeymoon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390291/Obama-London-visit-President-hails-partnership-Britain-beginning-day-state-visit.html

Love Kate's dress, it's so classy and elegant yet so simple.

article-1390291-0C3DC6A600000578-461_964x687.jpg

Michelle looks lovely too, love her hair.

• Advertisement

Just found this, info about Kate's outfit that she wore while meeting the Obama's.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/fashion/kate-middleton-okay-duchess-cambridge-wears-reiss-article-u58h.html

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Regina Phalange

Resis website is down.... Inundated with purchases I imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Kate's dress is fab! I love it.
    Pity I can't find her post-wedding dress from Zara online anymore! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just a pity she's so thin, a bit of curves would have improved that dress no end. Look at her little arms!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Her upper arms are quite thin. Some people just don't have curves though and can't do anything about it. I think she looks lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

She used to be a bit bigger, so it's not her natural state to be that thin.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

She was never curvy though. I'm as skinny as she is (although she's more toned) and I'll never be curvy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

What size are you? Last time I was in a Zara store they still had mediums and larges left, no small though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

She was healthier looking back in the day, she is a bit too skinny now. That Reiss dress is lovely but she has a lollipop head in it!

She looks much better here on the right;

kate.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I tried it on. Tbh, up-close, it looked nowhere near as nice as in the pictures. It was made from a very cheap polyester. I've nicer dresses from Penney's! :eek:
    It's a pity, as I loved the colour and would have bought it, had it been better made.

I have the Reiss dress on hold, but I'm in two minds as to whether or not to get it. I'm not made about the material, but I love both the cut and colour :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Hermione* wrote: »
    I tried it on. Tbh, up-close, it looked nowhere near as nice as in the pictures. It was made from a very cheap polyester. I've nicer dresses from Penney's! :eek:
    It's a pity, as I loved the colour and would have bought it, had it been better made.

I found the same. Even an XS was hanging off me, shapeless and not flattering.

Perhaps Kate had it altered! Or maybe she's just taller and a different shape to me ;)

I like the Reiss dress, I think she looks great in it. Not sure why people think she looks too thin. Plus the comparison pictures posted above are kind of pointless, as you can see her arms and thighs in one, but not the other?! You need to compare in similar clothing, not a loose-fitting dress and a tight t-shirt and mini-skirt :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Malari wrote: »
    I found the same. Even an XS was hanging off me, shapeless and not flattering.

Perhaps Kate had it altered! Or maybe she's just taller and a different shape to me ;)

I like the Reiss dress, I think she looks great in it. Not sure why people think she looks too thin. Plus the comparison pictures posted above are kind of pointless, as you can see her arms and thighs in one, but not the other?! You need to compare in similar clothing, not a loose-fitting dress and a tight t-shirt and mini-skirt :confused:

I hadn't intended to reference the picture on the left, but it was the only pic I could find on google that had her in the outfit on the right, which shows off her old figure a lot more. So in that respect, if you compare the old picture from the right, and the new picture in the Reiss dress, you can see her significant weight loss and the difference it makes.

Kate, William, Harry, The Queen and Kate's mother were at the Races today in England.

Kate looked lovely, though her dress was a bit short, I thought.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1394278/Queen-keeps-smiling-Epsom-Derby-horse-finishes-third.html

article-1394278-0C66DD2800000578-3_636x735.jpg

article-1394278-0C66DC9B00000578-724_308x571.jpg

article-1394278-0C675E4C00000578-461_636x612.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Wow, I think she looks brilliant in that dress. She really has got stick thin though...

Edit: And I nearly mistook Harry for Charles in the middle picture...never seem him looking so like Charles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Edit: And I nearly mistook Harry for Charles in the middle picture...never seem him looking so like Charles.

That's because he looks like James Hewitt :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Oh she looks brilliant! I don't really think that the skirt is too short, she has great legs and she can carry it off. If I had legs like hers, I would wear skirts like that all the time.

/leg envy:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Think she looks stunning too, also suffering from leg envy:( Gosh, Harry does look like Charles in those photos and in the 3rd one it looks like there are 2 Williams:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I'd love legs like that. I mean, mine are ok, but not model-like. Never will be, not with years of competitive rowing and cycling. Damn you coach!!!

She has looked great in everything I've seen her in since I realised who she was (approximately a few days before the royal wedding!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Harry looks so like William in the last picture :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Tayla wrote: »
    That's because he looks like James Hewitt :rolleyes:

I dunno, I think people just trot out that line because of his colouring, he doesn't actually look much like him in the face. I think he resembles a young Prince Philip, he seems to have his personality too!

Advertisement