Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Wedding Mega Thread! Mod warning post 364.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I must be the only one who doesn't like Pippa's dress! It looks frumpy or something..

Kate on the other hand is absolutely gorgeous! I love her dress. I really admire her!

My god if that's frumpy :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

It was kinda plain though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Vinta81 wrote: »
    How come he was invited? Didn't realize there was a connection.

BoD and william would know each other well enough. William is president of the welsh rfu and I think joined up with the touring party on the lions tour where BoD was captain. They have been involved together in rugby clinics in Africa and other places as well. There were a hood few rugby players invited i think - Gareth Thomas was being interviewed outside the church at one stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭proon4

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Some plonker reporter interviewed on Sky News said that because Kate smiled when the priest mentioned that Kate and William would be a family that maybe this was a 'knowing' smile and maybe 2 is set to become 3 very soon!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

shes "up tha stick " ? ALREADY !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Oh dear God, Victoria B's shoes..! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

proon4 banned for trolling/off-topic posting/ignoring a mod warning/take your pick. Off-topic posts deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Spadina wrote: »
    I honestly thought it was the same dress with the lace top removed, very similar style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

550w_showbiz_royal_wedding_4.jpg

meet me in the Middle-ton

• Registered Users Posts: 28,163 ✭✭✭✭looksee

What do Life mean by including this in Best Dressed? Frances Osborne - what is she wearing? http://www.life.com/gallery/59791/image/113263988/channels/Celebrity/print/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Had to laugh today... for all the Irish thing *we don't like the english** The whole office was looking at the wedding on their work computers.. 40 people.

And to be honest, she looked normal and very well presented.

Its a great day for britain. Let them enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I thought Phillipa looked brilliant, if a tad thin...........there was some serious VPL going on with some of the rig-outs.............Kate had some serious competition in the 'most beautiful' stakes though by one Mr. Beckham.......:D (even if the dope did initially have his OBE pinned on the wrong side) - and why oh why doesn't VB ever smile................thought Beatrice and Eugenie's dresses were rotten though (sad to say, cos I do like them!).

I thought it was a great day - great day's entertainment for the Irish (that watched it) paid for by the British taxpayer (phew...........)!

great spectacle though

edit - actually, the blonder of Fergie's 2 kids (can't remember which is which) - her coat was nice, but the hat was mad! the other rig-out (I think I heard it was Vivienne Westwood) was nightmarish.................eek!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

ooopps, also forgot to say that I thought Catherine (as we now appear to call her - what happened to 'Kate'????) looked spectacular........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I prefer her second dress to her first dress. I'm not keen on the skirt of the second dress though.:o

Pippa's green dress is gorgeous.

dfE94.jpg

cdVff.jpg

Link to article.

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/58840065.html

More pics.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/Q4mC1sMw4tx/Royal+Wedding+Post+Wedding+Party/xe3ybpX_oxA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Oooh I love,love the evening dress!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Apart from the bridal party this is my favourite from the day (the one on the right)
    princessletizia.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'm gonna say this about both dresses, which I do adore, but has been brought to my attention by a few people..is there nipple-age or dodgy seams on both dresses??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I'm gonna say this about both dresses, which I do adore, but has been brought to my attention by a few people..is there nipple-age or dodgy seams on both dresses??
    Dodgy seams I think.

Just saw this on Facebook.

http://twitpic.com/4r3mes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Dodgy seams I think.

Just saw this on Facebook.

http://twitpic.com/4r3mes

Thats the best one of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Yep thought the same alright. I adored the wedding dress but a bit of "padded cupping" would've stopped the "nippleage" It was noticeable...thought it was just me :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

The outfits were gorgeous in the evening too, Absolutely love her first dress though!

article-1382015-0BD6BE3C00000578-13_306x950.jpg

article-1382015-0BD6BFCF00000578-626_306x950.jpg

article-1382015-0BD6FEAD00000578-366_306x782.jpg

article-1382015-0BD6FF7500000578-423_306x782.jpg

article-1382015-0BD6BDF000000578-969_634x958.jpg

More candids from the wedding!

W1304101567881278_15.jpg

W1304101567881278_13.jpg

W1304101567881278_20.jpg

A13041117211116459_6.jpg

W1304101567881278_8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Qu'on leur coupe la tête.

Robespierre_guillotined_Reign_of_Terror_1794.png

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

CK2010 wrote: »
    i know il be hated for saying this but i just found it a bit desperate that she still went without him even though she was pretty much just a plus one. and a bit disloyal or something to her husband! thats too strong of a word but i cant find the right one!

If I invited someone I worked with to my wedding, and they couldn't come but their boyfriend/husband who I'd invited as a +1 but had never met before came anyway... I'd think that it was a bit strange. Also I doubt that going to a wedding where you don't know anyone can be much fun!

I really like Kate's evening dress! She's really going for the full skirts, very princessy. Now I hope the paparazzi leave them alone to enjoy their honeymoon.

Fishie wrote: »
    If I invited someone I worked with to my wedding, and they couldn't come but their boyfriend/husband who I'd invited as a +1 but had never met before came anyway... I'd think that it was a bit strange. Also I doubt that going to a wedding where you don't know anyone can be much fun!

I really like Kate's evening dress! She's really going for the full skirts, very princessy. Now I hope the paparazzi leave them alone to enjoy their honeymoon.
    I do think Amy Huberman was a bit pushy to go, In fact she said on the late late show recently that she wouldn't go on her own as she knew it would be as the +1.

Kate's evening dress is beautiful also, Sarah Burton did a superb job. The reception went on until after 4 a.m.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

jos28 wrote: »
    Apart from the bridal party this is my favourite from the day (the one on the right)
    princessletizia.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That's an absolutely stunning outfit - that's princess of Spain - she's a stunner anyway, always dresses classy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Yes, it was a bit Madonna-esque on both dresses. I quite like the effect though.
    You get so sick of fake, heaving bosoms pushed up as far as they can go, there is something very elegant about the bust detailing on the two dresses.

panda100 wrote: »

Yes, it was a bit Madonna-esque on both dresses. I quite like the effect though.
    You get so sick of fake, heaving bosoms pushed up as far as they can go, there is something very elegant about the bust detailing on the two dresses.
    The detail on the bust is very McQueen, It looked quite elegant in my opinion. Would have loved to see the evening dress without the shrug as it was strapless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Not sure why he was invited!

Pride for the Irish too with the lace design which originated in Ireland and all the Philip Treacy hats :D 37 I think..

Plus William wore his Irish guard uniform and almost all of the cavalry horses are Irish. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Magenta wrote: »
    Plus William wore his Irish guard uniform and almost all of the cavalry horses are Irish. :)
    there is a lot of irishness in the wedding,a harp,shamrock,plus the irish guard uniform,

• Advertisement

getz wrote: »
    there is a lot of irishness in the wedding,a harp,shamrock,plus the irish guard uniform,
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-29/kate-s-wedding-dress-designed-by-sarah-burton-of-ppr-s-alexander-mcqueen.html

Kate's dress incorporated the shamrock of Ireland there was a strong Irish element there.

Advertisement