Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Wedding Mega Thread! Mod warning post 364.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

287857720.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304161182&Signature=LZ3LGWRLe6Uae3O85C3KdK6C8js%3D

Leaving Clarence House.

I love that dress. Those shoes are ones she has been wearing a lot recently, and I want them as well!

Hope they have a lovely honeymoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Leaving Clarence House.

I love that dress. Those shoes are ones she has been wearing a lot recently, and I want them as well!

Hope they have a lovely honeymoon!

Awh! Where are they going on honeymoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭I am a friend

Does anyone else think its just almost a pure copy of Princess Grace's look? Kate was hardly bucking the trend...

http://www.popcrunch.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Kate-Middleton-Grace-Kelly-Wedding-Dress.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from tLL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I do agree it has been discussed in this thread where royal wedding discussion is supposed to go :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056253245

• Advertisement

Awh! Where are they going on honeymoon?
    Only William knows it's a surprise for Kate. :)

Kate's outfit leaving clarence house was gorgeous! I'm glad she is staying true to her style, At the wedding she wore earrings her parents gave to her, I heard her being slated on tv for not wearing expensive jewels considering we are in a recession pretty ridiculous comments :rolleyes:

kate-middleton-and-prince-william-pic-clarence-house-twitpic-43311051.jpg

prince-william-and-princess-catherine-pic-pa-320845011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Semele

Love the dress on the right too- anyone know who the designer is?

leahyl wrote: »
    That's an absolutely stunning outfit - that's princess of Spain - she's a stunner anyway, always dresses classy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

I must be the only one who doesn't like Pippa's dress! It looks frumpy or something..

I thought Pippa looked stunning, nearly outshining the bride!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭PocketWatch

Kate looked absolutely stunning yesterday! Both of her dresses were gorgeous, the wedding dress especially. And that blue dress is also beautiful!

Although she did look a bit too skinny so I hope she puts on a bit of weight..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Does anyone know if royal brides have to have sleeves on their dresses? I was looking through old photos of previous royal weddings and everyone nearly seems to have sleeves.. and not just cap sleeves, like, elbow length ones at least..

Kate Middleton, obviously.

Then you have

Princess Diana.
    pa-4481502.jpg

Princess Anne.
    slide_14960_209207_large.jpg?1304170653573

Princess Margaret
    slide_14960_209214_large.jpg?1304170684492

Duchess of York
    slide_14960_209218_large.jpg?1304170712727

Queen Elizabeth
    pa-1446798.jpg

Sophie Rhys Jones (Wife of Prince Edward)
    pa-2889919.jpg

Countess of Wessex
    viscountesslinley--a.jpg

Sophie Winkleman
    sophiewinkleman--a.jpg

And not just British royalty either..

Princess Maxima of the Netherlands.
    slide_14960_209216_large.jpg?1304170391438

Crown princess of Greece.
    slide_14960_209217_large.jpg?1304170477467

Princess Martha of Norway.
    slide_14960_209198_large.jpg?1304170504077

Crown Princess Mette of Norway.
    slide_14960_209199_large.jpg?1304170534197

Crown princess Mary of Denmark.
    slide_14960_209203_large.jpg?1304170564278

Mad.. Wonder what that's about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Its royal protocol to cover your shoulders. The sleeves could be just an old tradition that has fallen with most brides but happened back in the day. I would imagine its about not revealing too much of the soon to be not so virgin bride.

EDIT: I didnt know Big Suze from Peep Show (Sophie Winkleman) was married to royalty :eek:

The official royal photo's have been released.

article-0-0BD85D6700000578-949_634x794.jpg

article-1382178-0BD8601800000578-932_634x326.jpg

article-1382178-0BD85E8400000578-280_634x479.jpg

It's interesting to see Kate's hand on William's knee that wouldn't have been deemed appropriate in previous times, lovely pictures again it should be noted how happy they look.
    The Middleton's leaving for home below, looking very happy and relaxed. Kate and William will spend this weekend in England and honeymoon later!

article-1382209-0BD8991100000578-624_634x484.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Gorgeous photographs of everyone there....always stylish!:)

Spending a private weekend away in England now before the honeymoon. Apparently, The Seychelles and Kenya are the hot picks for honeymoon destination- The Seychelles because William (supposedly) promised her there that he would marry her and Kenya because he proposed there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Ahh the official photos are lovely, the one with all the kids is nice. Kate really looks absolutely beautiful. The Middletons are a very good looking family!

fonpokno wrote: »
    Ahh the official photos are lovely, the one with all the kids is nice. Kate really looks absolutely beautiful. The Middletons are a very good looking family!
    The Middletons are a very good looking family and it's nice to see how close they are. Sarah Burton also designed Pippa's dress.

Off topic but given the huge fashion interest there has been in Kate Middleton perhaps a sticky for a 'star style' a thread for a celebrity would be a good idea. If feedback ideas are still being considered. Basically posting pics and discussion on a celeb. Seen it work very well on other forums.

Love the dress from today, They look very happy!

article-1382174-0BD85B8C00000578-330_634x718.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

Really loved Kate's dress, it was so timeless and classic. I amazingly for once happened not to be working and was glued to the telly all day.

Had heard several people predict that she'd wear something very slim fitting and for some reason I had a vision of her wearing one of those hideous strapless numbers that are so popular at the minute. Was so surprised when I saw it in the end. I actually love the lace arms in it but I think I heard a commentator saying her arms had to be covered.

They looked like a genuinely happy couple too which was touching. I agreee that the Middleton's are stunning, so dark and beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

chocgirl wrote: »
    Really loved Kate's dress, it was so timeless and classic. I amazingly for once happened not to be working and was glued to the telly all day.

Had heard several people predict that she'd wear something very slim fitting and for some reason I had a vision of her wearing one of those hideous strapless numbers that are so popular at the minute. Was so surprised when I saw it in the end. I actually love the lace arms in it but I think I heard a commentator saying her arms had to be covered.

They looked like a genuinely happy couple too which was touching. I agreee that the Middleton's are stunning, so dark and beautiful.

I was looking forward to the dress because I knew it couldn't be strapless!:D It had to have covered her shoulders. Long sleeves, doesn't have to be,though royal dresses usually are because it tends to look better than short sleeves. Loved the type of dress Kate wore before now, delighted it will be more popular and widely available now. I'm as thin as Kate so that would be my dream dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Anyone know where today's dress is from?

I gotta say i love that photo with the kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Interesting to see the more contemporary one button style being worn by William and Mr. Middleton with their casual jackets. Unless the top button was rolled over with the lapels, which looks unlikely.

Anyone know where today's dress is from?

I gotta say i love that photo with the kids!

Heard her blue dress is from Zara (@ €70 afaik) and wedges from L.K. Bennett. I'm definitely getting that dress....so simple and pretty!

BTW, I wouldn't mind a sticky thread of Kate's style...I'd def rob a couple of her looks!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I agree especially since she tends to shop at affordable high street shops it's easier to emulate her look!

Does anyone have a link for the blue dress?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Semele wrote: »
    Love the dress on the right too- anyone know who the designer is?
    The Princess of Spain was wearing a pale pink bandage dress by Felipe Varela teamed with matching shoes and a charming cloche hat.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1381800/Royal-Wedding-guests-Style-queens-court-jesters.html#ixzz1L96ERZtU

This is similar to Kate's dress. Kinda hard to tell with the jacket though.

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-S2011/0/198243/PLEATED%2BDRESS

2400042400_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1300708611984

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1382390/Kate-Middleton-peoples-princess-steps-High-Street-day-Royal.html

article-1382390-0BD8685C00000578-84_306x528.jpg

And these are Kate's wedges shoes, but in a different colour. They are by designer Lanvin.

http://theshoegoddess.com/2011/01/lanvin-patent-espadrille-wedge-pump.html

They are by designer Lanvin, the style name of the shoes is "Lanvin Patent Espadrille Wedge Pump".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

The wedges are actually LK Bennett, they are not Lanvin.

tinkerbell wrote: »
    The wedges are actually LK Bennett, they are not Lanvin.
    Can I ask where you saw this? I am interested in getting the shoes, so would appreciate any help.

I found these online, the Lanvin wedges, similar to Kate's.

http://www.harveynichols.com/womens/categories-1/designer-shoes/high-heels/s355857-patent-espadrille-wedges.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Sibylla wrote: »

Off topic but given the huge fashion interest there has been in Kate Middleton perhaps a sticky for a 'star style' a thread for a celebrity would be a good idea. If feedback ideas are still being considered. Basically posting pics and discussion on a celeb. Seen it work very well on other forums.

Great idea Sibylla, I had no interest at all in the wedding but have to admit i'm in love with Pippa's dress.

Was Queen Rania of Jordan not at the wedding? I thought she was supposed to be going.....she is simply beautiful...a true style icon!

Tayla wrote: »
    Great idea Sibylla, I had no interest at all in the wedding but have to admit i'm in love with Pippa's dress.

Was Queen Rania of Jordan not at the wedding? I thought she was supposed to be going.....she is simply beautiful...a true style icon!
    Perhaps a 'royal style' thread would be good so we could incorporate pippa and Queen Rania.

Thanks for the link Purple Bobbin!

This is similar to Kate's dress. Kinda hard to tell with the jacket though.

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-S2011/0/198243/PLEATED%2BDRESS

2400042400_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1300708611984

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1382390/Kate-Middleton-peoples-princess-steps-High-Street-day-Royal.html

article-1382390-0BD8685C00000578-84_306x528.jpg

And these are Kate's wedges shoes, but in a different colour. They are by designer Lanvin.

http://theshoegoddess.com/2011/01/lanvin-patent-espadrille-wedge-pump.html

They are by designer Lanvin, the style name of the shoes is "Lanvin Patent Espadrille Wedge Pump".

99% sure that it's the dress. Can't seem to find it on the Irish Zara website though!:confused:

Never mind...I found it!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Structurally Sound Mentally Unstable

Probably not real, but funny all the same.

Look at Harry's Union Jack undies :pac:

prince-william-harry-get-ready-for-wedding__oPt.jpg

Advertisement