Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Wedding Mega Thread! Mod warning post 364.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Absolutely loved everything Kate was wearing. The dress looks more stunning every time you see it. LOVE the headress. Very classic (unlike William's cousins), Beatrice and Eugenie looked awful, they will cringe when they look back at the photos. I also thought Victoria Beckham looked very harsh and severe. Very Cruella de Ville.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

jos28 wrote: »
    Absolutely loved everything Kate was wearing. The dress looks more stunning every time you see it. LOVE the headress. Very classic (unlike William's cousins), Beatrice and Eugenie looked awful, they will cringe when they look back at the photos. I also thought Victoria Beckham looked very harsh and severe. Very Cruella de Ville.

I loved Victorias dress and hat.. but do agree that there was one thing missing.. a smile!!!

Ha ha Beatrice and Eugenie looked shocking. especially whoever was in the cream!!

Has anyone see Kate Garroways jumpsuit and cardi on UTV? Its sooo pretty cant get a pic of it online yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

They were showing comparisons between the walk down the aisle of William and Kate, and Charles and Diana. The last 2 looked really uncomfortable, they were looking to the side and paying more attention to the guests. William and Kate were just the ultimate cuteness...he was paying so much attention to not standing on her dress! His facial expression at the altar when he saw her was just amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

They are leaving now for a second reception apparently she changed, seems a shame to only wear it for a few hours it's beautiful!

• Advertisement

:D:D:DHa ha did you see William and Kate driving out of the palace in a 1970 Aston Martin reg: JU5t WED with balloons, ribbons and an L plate on :D:D

Sibylla wrote: »
    They are leaving now for a second reception apparently she changed, seems a shame to only wear it for a few hours it's beautiful!

Think she still had the dress on, just without the train. She'll be changing before the reception later though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Omg did anybody see the clip of that guy cartwheeling down the aisle in the cathedral? :D:D

phasers wrote: »
    Omg did anybody see the clip of that guy cartwheeling down the aisle in the cathedral? :D:D

Ha ha yeah saw that very funny :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

287212221.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1304089585&Signature=dKiHXY9vVmasjr7LrtZJ1po8KFU%3D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

Absolutely loved Kate's dress..it was perfect for her!! The train, corset, veil, lace sleeves and embroidery were exquisite.
    It even made me consider marriage in the future...impressive feat for a dress! :P

Thought Pippa was stunning...would have preferred her dress in a blush pink colour...only the bride should wear white. The mini-maids (little bridesmaids) were just too cute!! :)

Harry and William were very dapper as well.

Princess Eugenie (in blue) looked bit mank...was the dress hem supposed to be asymmetrical or was it crooked? Beatrice looked nice I thought, liked the detail of her coat.

Said I'd only watch Kate's arrival but ended up watching the whole thing! :p
    Probably the hopeless romantic in me but I hope they stay wed forever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Why was that Amy one invited?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kimia wrote: »
    It looked like William and Kate were going to start giggling together during the ceremony - am I naive or does it seem like they really love each other?

I hope he treats her better than his daddy treated his mammy

Vinta81 wrote: »

Brian O'Driscoll was invited and couldnt go so she went alone as far as I know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Brian O'Driscoll was invited so they had to invite his wife, he couldn't go but she still went. Must have been awkward for her there tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Just watched the balcony bit again..its really cute just before they kiss the second time..Wills says something like "Will we kiss again, c'mon, one more kiss" and she says "okay" smiling..then the crowd erupts with cheers and gosh I nearly cried with cuteness! Seems like they just love having a bit of craic!

Making me feel like I would actually want a pretty white wedding dress after all.

What a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Livvie

Thought Kate looked stunning. And so did her sister.

Liked the way it was in some ways simple - under-stated dress, handful of bridesmaids. I don't like the royals on the whole, but this couple seem more in touch with people.

If Beatrice wears that hat to a hunting party, she'll likely get shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Brian O'Driscoll was invited and couldnt go so she went alone as far as I know

i know il be hated for saying this but i just found it a bit desperate that she still went without him even though she was pretty much just a plus one. and a bit disloyal or something to her husband! thats too strong of a word but i cant find the right one!

This is a pic of Kate Garroways jumpsuit, not a great pic but all I can find at the moment, I think its fab :D.. shes the one in the pink cardi with pink flower in her hair
    article-1381866-0BD297DD00000578-323_634x412.jpg

CK2010 wrote: »
    i know il be hated for saying this but i just found it a bit desperate that she still went without him even though she was pretty much just a plus one. and a bit disloyal or something to her husband! thats too strong of a word but i cant find the right one!

To be honest I like them as a couple but kind of agree that it was a bit strange for her to go alone, cant have been much fun if she was on her own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Namlub wrote: »
    Brian O'Driscoll was invited so they had to invite his wife, he couldn't go but she still went. Must have been awkward for her there tbh
    How come he was invited? Didn't realize there was a connection.

Have to say loved her dress (Catherine) very elegant, the lace was a fantastic touch. Very good to be British, lot of pride in our house today :D

How come he was invited? Didn't realize there was a connection.

Have to say loved her dress (Catherine) very elegant, the lace was a fantastic touch. Very good to be British, lot of pride in our house today :D

Not sure why he was invited!

Pride for the Irish too with the lace design which originated in Ireland and all the Philip Treacy hats :D 37 I think..

Some plonker reporter interviewed on Sky News said that because Kate smiled when the priest mentioned that Kate and William would be a family that maybe this was a 'knowing' smile and maybe 2 is set to become 3 very soon!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

CK2010 wrote: »
    You wouldn't be hated! I said it earlier in the thread too, I thought it was really pathetic that she went to a wedding she wasn't invited to.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

phasers wrote: »
    You wouldn't be hated! I said it earlier in the thread too, I thought it was really pathetic that she went to a wedding she wasn't invited to.

She was invited!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I said I wouldn't watch it, and I didn't, but I have been looking at the style online.

"The Dress" was lovely, very simple and stylish and pretty much in keeping with what she tends to wear, just a pity she did her own makeup-why she insists on lining her eyes so heavily I don't know, it ages her so much, combined with the fact that she's lost so much weight recently she looked far older than her 29 years.

I did like her sisters dress, but thought it a bit odd that it was white:confused:

Beatrice and Eugenie-god love them, they aren't blessed in the style department, they get close but then screw it all up. That hat! Horrible, and Eugenie's skirt, she's far prettier but doesn't seemt o have much confidence in what she wears.

I like Tara PT, the gloves were a bit much, and the hat could have been placed better to take away from her nose but it looked really elegant.

I did see a picture of one of Diana's nieces, beat into a dress and spilling over the top, a very pretty girl but she really should have thought about what she was wearing before going out the door!

I thought her make up was lovely! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CK2010

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    She was invited!

but wasn't she invited as a plus one? like her name may have been on the invite but it was only because her husband was being invited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Just watched the balcony bit again..its really cute just before they kiss the second time..Wills says something like "Will we kiss again, c'mon, one more kiss" and she says "okay" smiling..then the crowd erupts with cheers and gosh I nearly cried with cuteness! Seems like they just love having a bit of craic!

Making me feel like I would actually want a pretty white wedding dress after all.

What a day.

Oh wow I just saw that bit now with him saying that to her, so cute!!

I'm not normally one for the big weddings or the royals or all that, but these two are different because they seem so in love and so happy, what happened to Diana with the Charles and the rest of them was just awful, so it's lovely to see not just a Royal being so in love but that it's Diana's son is even nicer.

They really look like two regular young people in love who happen to have millions of people cheering below their wedding reception :o:p

On another note I read on another forum earlier about a bride who is gutted now because her dress is very similar, picked months ago and actually called the Princess Grace (as in Kelly), and that she's afraid now that everyone will think she copied Kate, never thought of that angle, I only thought of brides who would copy her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I must be the only one who doesn't like Pippa's dress! It looks frumpy or something..

Kate on the other hand is absolutely gorgeous! I love her dress. I really admire her!

Advertisement