Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    2.25 LBS down! that 4.75LBS in 2 weeks, 2 weeks during which I haent been able to excersise at all!!!

I have now officially lost 2 Stone in 14weeks!!!!:cool:

0nly .8 away from nolonger being rated obese on the BMI scale :D

I love this game!

Well done. What with the compliments yesterday & the scales down today, you must be walking on air. Hope the foot is getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

fofany wrote: »
    Well done. What with the compliments yesterday & the scales down today, you must be walking on air. Hope the foot is getting better.

nearly light enough to walk on air .... may be not :rolleyes:.

cant wait for the bike, as I'm doing ZERO excersise at the mo because of the foot :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Caros wrote: »
    Have you tried the no point soup, maybe that would fill you up for lunch on Saturday so you'd have a few extra points for that night?!
    I made a big batch of pea and garlic soup last night and had a WW shephards pie (only €3.49) and was surprisingly tasty and filling. Im staying in this weekend (torture) so id better see results next tuesday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

I know most of you dont really like the WW food.. I dont love it but will have it now and then.. when i've no time for cooking and i feel like having something hot.. Anyways.. as i am not a daily consumer of these i only buy the frozen meals..
    Well, good news is i found them in Iceland store at €1.50!!! There are not many Icelands around.. but i thought i'll share it with you all.. pretty good value!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

I got the WW cheese triangles last week, dire :( The laughing cow ones are way nicer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

anniehoo wrote: »
    I made a big batch of pea and garlic soup last night and had a WW shephards pie (only €3.49) and was surprisingly tasty and filling. Im staying in this weekend (torture) so id better see results next tuesday :D

Oooo pea and garlic sounds fab! Hopefully the weekend torture :p will work great for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

had my WI last nite was up 1lb:(... A pattern seems to be forming for me, the week I have TOTM im down loads and then the week after im either up or STS anyone else find this problem??

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭amira

Caros wrote: »
    I got the WW cheese triangles last week, dire :( The laughing cow ones are way nicer!

I buy the laughing cow extra light - 2 for 1pp :)
    I spread this in my pitta bread for lunch.. good aul way of saving points to use these instead of sauces (mayo) or cheddar cheese higher in points..

Altho i recently re-discovered cottage cheese.. i forgot how much i loved it!!! I buy the low fat one in aldi or lidl and 1/4 of tub (50g) it's only 1pp!! you can put that on brown bread toast for a filling healthy breaky, I'm even having it in my salads now.. as a dressing and topping.. my fav salad now is ham slices, cottage cheese, capers, lettuce and cherry tomatoes.. all for 2PP lovely healthy point saver lunch!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Down 3 to get my 3rd silver seven!!
    21 lbs down since March.
    Delighted with my size 12 arse !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

ok HELP!!!!!

Feeling bored pissed off and just having a **** crapy day:mad:
    ate half a pack of buiscuits . weigh in tomorrow , just dont want to mess up. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

• Advertisement

javagal wrote: »
    Down 3 to get my 3rd silver seven!!
    21 lbs down since March.
    Delighted with my size 12 arse !!!

well done , i miss my size 12 arse - hope i see it again:)

shanasue wrote: »
    Hullo ladies and gents,
    Just popping in to day hi, well done on all the losses and welcome to all the new folks...
    I've had an ok few days, used most of my weeklys on sat on vino, so worth it, not the next day tho...I had an interview in UCC today then, started early so I went down on Mon eveing, i'm in Limerick anyhow had it all planned food wise, I knew it would be a long day, but not as long as I thought! ended up just having a banana and yoghurt for lunch and by 3.30 I was starving....so..thought I'd make it home for a healthy choice BUT....feck you anyway supermacks in Mallow!!! had a chicken burger and chips!! felt rubbish after it really...WI tmr so hopefully I'll STS....will spinn my ass off this week.....
    Someone mentioned dress sizess and lbs loss, I also have clothes in all sizes, but it wasnt until I tried smaller clothes on in shops that it hit me, (think it has to do with the NEW feeling of clothes or the reward or something)....bought a size 12 2 weeks ago in dunnes and was over the moon, even though I fitted in to and old pair of 12 at home, the impact of getting in to them inthe shop was HUGE...:) so maybe if you dont buy go and TRY ON...as try on a size you know will be too big now...and ask the assistant in a really LOUD voice....CAN I HAVE A SMALLER SIZE PLEASE!!!:D:D:D:D

oh cant wait for that moment (smaller size) = heaven:)

What time does everyone stop eating at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

2fat wrote: »

I have a cup of tea and my 'treat' around 10pm every night.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

ok HELP!!!!!

ate half a pack of buiscuits . weigh in tomorrow , just dont want to mess up. aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

Oh no sorry to hear that, nothign worse than boredom for needless eating! Put it behind you now, and try be the best you can for the rest of day, just keep thinking of when you are about to step on the scales @ WI! Mite scare you into not reachign for the biccies, thats what i do anyway!;)

have my supper, a dessert and that's me, normally all done by 19:00/19:30

• Registered Users Posts: 19 velleity

ok HELP!!!!!

Sorry you are feeling so lousy. Maybe just try to eat clean for the rest of the day, within your points, with fruit and veg and maybe some meat.

One half pack of biscuits won't destroy everything, even if you have a small increase tomorrow. It's the next half pack and the one after and thinking "oh hell, I've ruined everything. forever. Might as well go and eat all the junk food in the world." that causes the problems.

Maybe try to focus on all that you've achieved so far and how you don't want to undo it.

I try not to eat after dinner but some nights I have loads of points left over so if I have a small something nice or some bread. Try to have less something nices at the moment, because I'm trying to cut processed food out as much as possible.

ok HELP!!!!!

Coming on here is a good start. I always find reading how others are doing helps me to stay on track. Or reading a weightwatchers blog (try google) showing someone else's ups and downs during their weightloss journey reminds us why we are doing this & that we will get there if we stick with it.

Thanks guys , needed that ;)

I always keep points for a supper, usually between 9 & 10pm, after the kids are in bed. Or a glass of wine if my OH is about. Luckily, I don't get the munchies when I drink - I just want to fall asleep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

I usually have something around 9 or 10. might be some digestives, or snack a jacks or tangle twister! Id be starving otherwise! Always keep a few points to have something after my dinner. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    was someone about a starting a challenge a few days ago, something like 7lbs by june bank holiday? ......ok this is a really stupid question..june bank holiday...that the star or the end of june?

I'm totally up for it!

Lol yeah that was me..I mentioned it last Saturday, giving 4wks to get there..was trying to motivate myself to achieve -2lbs a week!

But I've just realised that I've -7lbs left to WW goal so this bank holiday challenge just doubled pahahha!!

Eek I've still 3 weeks exams/study to get through though so am just going to hope for the best!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Just had pork loin chops for lunch with some garlic and rosemary and steamed veg. Yum

Family 8pk in Dunnes for €6. 2 chops with the rind cut off, 150g, is 7pp. Makes a change from chicken, chicken coming out of my ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Usually around 9pm (weekdays). Would have my dinner at around 7pm and then a while after some dessert, like 60g low fat icecream with raspberries on top or a twister. Not a huge biscuit fan because they are not that good value points and I couldn't stop after 1 or 2.

On the weekend, I have my dinner around the same time and then a few drinks and nibbles (crisps, usually prawn cocktail snack-a-jacks) which could get as late as midnight or 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

Hi all,

It's my first time posting in here.

I started WW about 6 weeks ago and so far i have lost 1st 2lbs (16lbs) and I'm finding it great. Luckily enough I have an allowance of 71 pp per day, I think it's mainly because I'm a bloke :-)

I'm finding the programme very flexible. I usually walk everyday for about an hour at lunchtime and the odd day I might walk home from work which would take about 1hr 10min.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I'm sure I'll have more questions fairly soon. Good Luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Hi all,

It's my first time posting in here.

I started WW about 6 weeks ago and so far i have lost 1st 2lbs (16lbs) and I'm finding it great. Luckily enough I have an allowance of 71 pp per day, I think it's mainly because I'm a bloke :-)

I'm finding the programme very flexible. I usually walk everyday for about an hour at lunchtime and the odd day I might walk home from work which would take about 1hr 10min.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hi. I'm sure I'll have more questions fairly soon. Good Luck to everyone.
    hi
    well done on the weight loss so far you are doing great,its good to have another bloke posting.The walk will do wonders, I have walked 5km everyday since i started and its just any hour a day. I lost 5 stone before and put most of it back on from been stupid and not keeping up going to WW,but I am finding the new pro points a lot easer to manage than the other system.
    Keep up the good work

harr wrote: »
    hi
    well done on the weight loss so far you are doing great,its good to have another bloke posting.The walk will do wonders, I have walked 5km everyday since i started and its just any hour a day. I lost 5 stone before and put most of it back on from been stupid and not keeping up going to WW,but I am finding the new pro points a lot easer to manage than the other system.
    Keep up the good work

I'd be of the male variety too

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

i've only gone and got my self a date! going to cinema and i know theres a nandos out near the cinema.

so its either going to be nandos or captain americas.[/QUOTE]

Hope the date goes well Lainey:D...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Raaaah what is it about exams that give you such a appitite....fecking hell!

Thank god there over tomorrow...From this saturday (wi day) going to get my act together.

Exercise 3 days cardio, 2 days weights, 2 days rest
    get back to the Wii Sports

And i think of getting a new puppy! So he'll keep me busy! toilet training, lead training, and maybe enter a few shows :) and he's from a great breeder so he may actually WIN! :D Little Red Setter...

If the date goes well... i'll talk him into taking me up to Laois in a few weeks to see the pups

Dont have any holidays planned for the year....so the last few weeks has been kinda semi holiday from ww rules...like i'm eating healthy....just eating HUGE amounts of healthy foods LMAO

http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=6226589&ad=2118289

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

ok HELP!!!!!

Don't worry put it behind you, try do something to cheer yourself up like paint your nails or something. Those days are rubbish and lately I go for the bread! It was biscuits for a while so I stocked up on 1 PP biscuits like rich tea and Jaffa cakes! Hope tomorrow is a better day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement