Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

harr wrote: »
    hi
    just back form my WI and i am down another 4.5lb that's 13 pound in 2 weeks :eek: .I should get my first stone next week,was not expecting that loss today at all.I am gone from having 47 points to 42 points.:D

WOW!! Well done you! Thats brillant, u must be delighted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

kazt wrote: »
    Hi there I am also new to this thread. Have been following ww since last August and i am 18lbs down.. not a lot i know so i am in search of some motivation and help. Does anyone know the points in a large chicken maryland? i cant seem to figure it out!

Well done, thats brillant! Wouldnt have a clue about the Chicken Maryland though, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

Just in from my WI. I was 1.5lb down, which was a complete shock after my holiday last week. Must have been all the walking & water I drank! Also, when I was away I had my porridge for breakfast, usually just fruit & a cereal bar for lunch, but enjoyed a massive dinner with dessert then every evening. The good thing about going with my kids is that as they are so young, they don't really need to eat too much & I think the heat made them less hungry, so I didn't eat as often either. If my husband had been with me, it would have been a different story!

I got my 3rd stone today (that is over the last 4 years, since I had my last baby). It's 25.5 lbs since start of Jan.

I'm full of motivation again today, so back on track now today after my week off WW. Good luck to everyone else with WI today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

Dropped the kids to school and went straight to the gym. Had banana and apple and my usual pot of tea before gym. did a good hour work out and then had my breakfast after wards(porridge with blueberries), feeling good and only used 5pp:D , think its gona be a very productive day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

fofany wrote: »
    Just in from my WI. I was 1.5lb down, which was a complete shock after my holiday last week. Must have been all the walking & water I drank! Also, when I was away I had my porridge for breakfast, usually just fruit & a cereal bar for lunch, but enjoyed a massive dinner with dessert then every evening. The good thing about going with my kids is that as they are so young, they don't really need to eat too much & I think the heat made them less hungry, so I didn't eat as often either. If my husband had been with me, it would have been a different story!

I got my 3rd stone today (that is over the last 4 years, since I had my last baby). It's 25.5 lbs since start of Jan.

I'm full of motivation again today, so back on track now today after my week off WW. Good luck to everyone else with WI today.
    well done on your 3rd stone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

hi
    just back form my WI and i am down another 4.5lb that's 13 pound in 2 weeks :eek: .I should get my first stone next week,was not expecting that loss today at all.I am gone from having 47 points to 42 points.:D

thumbs up!! well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

hi

WOWEEE!! That's amazing. Well Done, Keep it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

dno7239 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    anyone have any idea how many pp are in the irishpride buttermilk sodabread. According to the website, a 43g slice is 1.7 g fat, 1.3 fibre but it doesnt list the protein or carbs which are crucial to accurate pointing. hmmm

With bread, you generally can't go too far wrong if you take it as 2pp for 1 slice and 5pp for 2. Most bread is the same except for the low cal stuff, ww, nimble etc and some breads are 3pp (esp low GI for some strange reason). If you wanted to be completely sure and have points to spare track it as 3 per slice.

kazt wrote: »
    Hi there I am also new to this thread. Have been following ww since last August and i am 18lbs down.. not a lot i know so i am in search of some motivation and help. Does anyone know the points in a large chicken maryland? i cant seem to figure it out!

I'd say you'd be safe enough with 7-8 pp.

hi

Great news, very well done, you are on a roll.

• Advertisement

fofany wrote: »

That's great, after your holiday and everything, fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Dubgirlww

Hey all, havent posted for couple weeks and see loads of new peeps have come aboard, welcome and happy weight loses to you all!! everyone seems to be doing brilliant and good luck to everyone doing exams!! heading on holidays in 6 weeks and want to lose 6 pounds at least!! im currently 3 pounds over my goal weight as lost 1.5 2 weeks ago and put back on 1.5 last week :(

My new motto is......"I HAVE STRUGGLED TO MUCH TO FAIL!!"

ie i have gotten to my goal with a hell of a struggle and am never going to go back to the weight before!! so since last wed i have been back exercising and eating well, except for a giant basket of spicy chicken wings on sunday(have to still enjoy things we love :)) i have been to gym, walked, played tennis and love every bit of it...had sneaky look at scales and seem the same but my clothes feel better and not as pinched as last week so im happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Eabhabear wrote: »
    Thanks Becky and Boxoff. Trust me I plan on sleeping in til very late on Fri :D

I know what you mean by it being easier once I finish. I'll have more time to exercise but the challenge will be to control the boredom eating during the day and then drinking at the weekend :rolleyes:

oh i hear ya there...i cant wait to sleep in this weekend and do....NOTHING...unless i want to do it. 2 more exams! WOOOOOOO

hi

omg, great loss well done:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Well done one all the weight loss:)

I was givern extra points so wonering if I will still see a loss on thursday just feel like to much food.

I bought the weight watchers cook book and have just had a go making the flap jacks and pineapple muffins! flapjacks are yummy but falling apart a bit LOL muffins in the over so see what they are like when they are done.

I can post recipes if any one wants them :)

Dubgirlww wrote: »
    Hey all, havent posted for couple weeks and see loads of new peeps have come aboard, welcome and happy weight loses to you all!! everyone seems to be doing brilliant and good luck to everyone doing exams!! heading on holidays in 6 weeks and want to lose 6 pounds at least!! im currently 3 pounds over my goal weight as lost 1.5 2 weeks ago and put back on 1.5 last week :(

ie i have gotten to my goal with a hell of a struggle and am never going to go back to the weight before!! so since last wed i have been back exercising and eating well, except for a giant basket of spicy chicken wings on sunday(have to still enjoy things we love :)) i have been to gym, walked, played tennis and love every bit of it...had sneaky look at scales and seem the same but my clothes feel better and not as pinched as last week so im happy!!

Your so close to your goal well done, cant wait to get close to mine:)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 oat

I've only been doing ww for 7 weeks so not long compared to most people but I can't get over how much my attitude to food has changed. I used to 'reward' myself after a walk with a big bar like a dairy milk or a wispa. I was thinking of this while I was out walking last night and how I would see that more as a punishment rather than a reward now. Instead I had a bowl of strawberries and blueberries with natural yogurt and it was just as tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    Cant wait for friday, .... i'm going in to order my bike on the cycle to work scheme! I'm like a little kids when it comes to stuff like this, I just get soooooo excited

oooh what a downer, just found out that the certs/vouchers/checques for the scheme our company is part of dont issue intill the end of the month so it will be at least the 1st wk in June now before I'll have the bike :(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Micki

Hey does anyone know the points values in wholemeal pasta as opposed to white pasta? Think it was posted here but can't seem to find it!! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Just had my WI and I'm up 2.5lb :mad:!!

I just don't understand why. :confused:

• Advertisement

Micki wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know the points values in wholemeal pasta as opposed to white pasta? Think it was posted here but can't seem to find it!! :cool:

Both are the same PP. 40g dried is 4PP.

i know a few of ye have eaten in nandos...i have the pp value...just wondering what the portions are like? i want to make sure i get pp value for the food i'm eating...dont wanna fork out the money or pp points on a tiny salad for like 11pp!

i've only gone and got my self a date! going to cinema and i know theres a nandos out near the cinema.

so its either going to be nandos or captain americas.

fionas046 wrote: »
    Both are the same PP. 40g dried is 4PP.

Thanks. For some strange reason i thought the brown one was lower :(

Unfortunatly not but it would be better for you :)

depends on the amount...

cos 100g white is 10pp but 100g brown pasta is 9pp

but 40g same pp for each 60g same pp for each

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    i know a few of ye have eaten in nandos...i have the pp value...just wondering what the portions are like? i want to make sure i get pp value for the food i'm eating...dont wanna fork out the money or pp points on a tiny salad for like 11pp!

i've only gone and got my self a date! going to cinema and i know theres a nandos out near the cinema.

so its either going to be nandos or captain americas.

Cool... You are busy doing exams and a million other things and you still manage to bag yourself a date!! Well for some! :D

Cool... You are busy doing exams and a million other things and you still manage to bag yourself a date!! Well for some! :D

one was a substitute for the other ha ha ;) keep busy as a distraction :P

like both places do ceaser salad...love the stuff...but dont wanna spent 11pp on a tiny tiny salad and be starving...really dont wanna be stuffing my face in cinema...or have my stomach to start rumbling....cos jaaayus when it rumbles loud!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 154 ✭✭lil kc

Dubgirlww wrote: »

You are the exact same as me. I am really struggling with these last 3lbs, i was really consistent with my losses managing mostly 1lb per week for 16 weeks then last week 1.5 crept back on and I have also had a cheeky look at the scales and its not budging. This is so the weight I'm supposed to be I think, like I will never be a size 8 or 10, nor do I think it would suit me but I sooo wanted to get below my goal by 1 or 2 lbs to be comfortable. So frustrating but i'm gonna keep chipping away at it.

Well done for doing so well, you must be delighted with yourself. ;)

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    one was a substitute for the other ha ha ;) keep busy as a distraction :P

Well i hope it all goes well anyway! At least you are getting prepared and planning ahead with WW... So that will be one less thing to worry about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

They're the same amount of PP but brown is definitely worth the points more than white as it keeps you fuller longer!

Had my WI this morning. Down .5lb. Another measly half pound. That's only 6lbs in 7 or 8 weeks (can't remember exactly now). Really disheartening when I see people losing more than that in a week and I'm feeling annoyed that I've spent €70 or €80 just to lose 6lbs. HOWEVER I know I only have myself to blame for some of those weeks :o So I'm going to keep trying. I'm going to give it another couple of months and if it's really not working for me then, I'm going to try something else, maybe motivational classes.

On the plus side, I went from 33 to 32pp. I know it's nothing major but it felt like a bit of progress for me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement