Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

Had WI this morning and was down -2lb:D. Good luck to everyone with their WI this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 emskelly

Hi everyone

I am new to posting on boards but have been following this thread religiously since joining ww at the start of january. After what feels like a million attempts at ww (and I'm only 23) I finally feel that this might just work this time! Maybe it's the new pro point system or perhaps I'm finally fed up with my weight but either way fingers crossed! Anyway I've lost 20.5 lbs so far and have another 17.5 to go and before, this was the length of time I started getting fed up on the program and I can feel it happening again now! Which is why I finally decided to post! I need to try motivate myself!
    You all have been really great so far and there is some great advice and tips on here. I have picked up a few things over the last few months too so hopefully I'll be able to contribute as well!
    Anyway sorry for my rambling and I hope to be chatting to you all on a regular basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

fionas046 wrote: »
    Isn't it amazing how good that feels??

Well done :D
    boxoff wrote: »
    Oh wow, well done - love those moments! You should be well proud of your achievements! Need one of them soon after and kick up the a** after geting on the scales
    kty wrote: »
    Ah well done, its always great to hear that people notice! You must be delighted.
    fofany wrote: »
    Good for you. I'm sure that was a proud moment.

It felt sooooo good, big boost for the self-esteem!!

PS:
    I might just bow out of the weight league gracefully, too much 'bad;' feeling about it.

why dont we just use a system where first time people provide their wi figures it becomes their starting weight, then report weekly and overall %s on an ongoing basis, this way people can join at any stage or someone doesnt get dropped just because they forgot to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Well done GT TDI 150,just been catching up on posts.........
    Enjoy ur nite out lainy,good luck with exams.........
    .......my wheelie bin goes out more often than me!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

First weigh in today after only starting last week. I didnt lose one single pound!!! :( To be honest i fell off the wagon majorly over the weekend, i find them so feckin hard. I was so good right up until friday night...then tapas happened..and wine. I honestly need to be tranquilised on a friday evenin and woken on a monday morning :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

I'm very delighted tonight, I'm heading out Saturday night when my exams finish and was looking for something to wear.

I have my wardrobe kinda organised by stuff that fits me, not intentionally but just the stuff I normally wear ends up on one side...and I pulled out a dress I wore to a wedding in Oct 09...its a beautiful dress, was a bit small on me when I wore it so wasn't expecting it to fit me tonight...but it did :D and its a 16! From Warehouse!! I nearly danced around the room!

Eventually settled for a black dress I've worn millions of times before, quite forgiving, but with a purple belt to jazz it up (and make my waist look small :D)

To be completely honest, I had hoped to be a little smaller 21lb down, meant to be 2 dress sizes... I know its stupid and it would be worse if I hadn't lost anything but I still can't see it myself.

Anyways...onwards and downwards and I'm sure I will soon :)

2 exams left :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

Gosh but this is a very chatty thread!

Well done to everyone who's had losses this week or STS even!

Today was the first day in my almost 3 weeks of WW that I felt I didn't spend the day thinking about food and my next meal etc., and really felt this is do-able to the end of the journey, and even more strangely I actually went walking tonight, I'm not usually home from work till 7.30p.m. on the days I work and then there's dinner to be had etc so those 3 days I don't bother walking but tonight I went off for a 40 mins walk and I feel all the better for doing it! :rolleyes:

Hope exams are going well for everyone, ope the date went well Lainy! :p

anniehoo wrote: »
    First weigh in today after only starting last week. I didnt lose one single pound!!! :( To be honest i fell off the wagon majorly over the weekend, i find them so feckin hard. I was so good right up until friday night...then tapas happened..and wine. I honestly need to be tranquilised on a friday evenin and woken on a monday morning :D

Have you tried the no point soup, maybe that would fill you up for lunch on Saturday so you'd have a few extra points for that night?
    I'm not much help to you, I'm one of those boring people who rarely venture out on a Saturday night! :D In fact I'm kinda dreading next Saturday night as we're going to friend's for dinner and it'll be the first time since I started WW that I won't have full control over what goes into my gob!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

emskelly wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I am new to posting on boards but have been following this thread religiously since joining ww at the start of january. After what feels like a million attempts at ww (and I'm only 23) I finally feel that this might just work this time! Maybe it's the new pro point system or perhaps I'm finally fed up with my weight but either way fingers crossed! ..............!

Welcome to boards!! Im new to this too and its great for support/advice.

Best of luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 emskelly

Welcome to boards!! Im new to this too and its great for support/advice.

Best of luck:)

Thanks you too!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 westerngirl

anniehoo wrote: »

Anniehoo - I'm the same, i started last week and i have my first weigh in tomorrow, absolutely dreading it :(. I have been cheating no end which i dont get cos i was so determined when i started. Anyhoo i just want to face the scales tomoro, get it over and done with and move on to a good week next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭kashmir

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    oooh what a downer, just found out that the certs/vouchers/checques for the scheme our company is part of dont issue intill the end of the month so it will be at least the 1st wk in June now before I'll have the bike :(

Ah, no......and you were so up for it this week. You'll just have to keep the excitement going a bit longer. Remember.....good things come to he who waits. (or something like that, you get my drift).

I don't actually know the right answer to this but I think you have to have a bit of what you fancy sometimes. If you cut out your treats altogether you won't stick with the program. You're only talking about 5pp there and when you think about it you could be having a WW hot chocolate sundae for 5pp instead so if ww are making deserts with a 5pp value it can't be that much of a sin!!:o

I totally agree. From a weight loss point of view absolutely no difference.

jackmax wrote: »
    good luck for your date Lainy :D

Lainy, we are all going to be dying to hear about your date :D this could turn into a different kinda thread....how to win dates and influence people. You've even inspired me to set a date with my hubby of 21 years.....the Eurovision final on Sat night with homemade burgers followed by a giant bag of malteasers.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭shanasue

Hullo ladies and gents,
    Just popping in to day hi, well done on all the losses and welcome to all the new folks...
    I've had an ok few days, used most of my weeklys on sat on vino, so worth it, not the next day tho...I had an interview in UCC today then, started early so I went down on Mon eveing, i'm in Limerick anyhow had it all planned food wise, I knew it would be a long day, but not as long as I thought! ended up just having a banana and yoghurt for lunch and by 3.30 I was starving....so..thought I'd make it home for a healthy choice BUT....feck you anyway supermacks in Mallow!!! had a chicken burger and chips!! felt rubbish after it really...WI tmr so hopefully I'll STS....will spinn my ass off this week.....
    Someone mentioned dress sizess and lbs loss, I also have clothes in all sizes, but it wasnt until I tried smaller clothes on in shops that it hit me, (think it has to do with the NEW feeling of clothes or the reward or something)....bought a size 12 2 weeks ago in dunnes and was over the moon, even though I fitted in to and old pair of 12 at home, the impact of getting in to them inthe shop was HUGE...:) so maybe if you dont buy go and TRY ON...as try on a size you know will be too big now...and ask the assistant in a really LOUD voice....CAN I HAVE A SMALLER SIZE PLEASE!!!:D:D:D:D

2.25 LBS down! that 4.75LBS in 2 weeks, 2 weeks during which I haent been able to excersise at all!!!

I have now officially lost 2 Stone in 14weeks!!!!:cool:

0nly .8 away from nolonger being rated obese on the BMI scale :D

I love this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭2fat

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    just put my name down for a charity dog walk. its only 10k i know thats not that long...but i've never done more than 5k in one go. its only bit of fun, not a race :) plus might get a bit of work out of it :P not sure if its both directions there and back or one way...one way will only make it the 5k. Either way....i'm doing it...fecking hell this new postive me is getting me into all sorts...

Its for the Irish Guide Dogs, they're doing these walks all over the country :)
    there doing cycles as well :)

http://www.guidedogs.ie/iopen24/events_calendar.php

Sounds very good, where is the walk. id be interested in that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Baby75 wrote: »
    I bought the weight watchers cook book and have just had a go making the flap jacks and pineapple muffins! flapjacks are yummy but falling apart a bit LOL muffins in the over so see what they are like when they are done.

I can post recipes if any one wants them :)

Would you mind putting up the muffin recipe? Thanks :D

I'm so totally jealous of everyone who is getting these amazing losses this week!

In other news, I told my mam last night that I was doing WW. She mentioned that some chap at work is doing it and he looks great now, she was impressed by it. So I mentioned that I have been doing it and she goes "I hope you don't get any skinnier, I think you are getting a bit obssessed with this" :eek: I cannot win :( If I hadn't mentioned it, she wouldn't have said a thing :( Oh well. Hopefully I will be down tomorrow, only 3.5lbs to goal :) It seems so far away though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

kashmir wrote: »
    Lainy, we are all going to be dying to hear about your date :D this could turn into a different kinda thread....how to win dates and influence people. You've even inspired me to set a date with my hubby of 21 years.....the Eurovision final on Sat night with homemade burgers followed by a giant bag of malteasers.

we'll have to make up some jibberish about how its the physiological benefits of weight loss :P which might be kinda true :P its not till monday....cos i look like death with a hang over at the moment from exam stress....nice shade of grey pale with black and yellow circles under the eyes...lashing the water into me!

Like i'm not even half way thru my weight loss but already the changes in my self..my mind set, my attitude towards things...braver about life....haha i'll be taking over the world WHEN i get to goal :P You'll be seeing me a nationwide in years to come giving interviews about how i started a business empire!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

2fat wrote: »
    just walked for 60 mins fairly fast , got caught in a very heavy shower but on a good note - my daughter slept the whole way which is a change for her wanting to get out of the buggy all the time so a really good morning so far:D. Had my 40g porridge (4pp) and got my exercise in. Off to the supermarket later for more blueberries. I'm addicted to them. They actually stop me craving sweets:eek:. Loving all the foods you can eat on this program. I actually believe now it will work for me . So glad i joined now . I just really hope i can stay motivated. Its usually the stress with the kids that makes me eat so im trying to blur out the stress and take deep breaths inside of reaching for the cupboards:)

well done, i really believe this programme works because you can eat everything in moderation :)

• Advertisement

2fat wrote: »
    Sounds very good, where is the walk. id be interested in that

The one i'm doing is from Carrigaline - Crosshaven (cork) along the local walkway, i say they are only doing 1 leg of it, so i'll be about 5k. all the local TDs and politicans will be doing it

check the guide dog site for different events around the country. May is SHADES month, when they most there fundraising

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jackie307133

Eabhabear wrote: »
    ! I've a 12.86% weight loss since I started last Sep. It's slow but I don't mind because it's staying off bar a lb give or take.

Well done guys, i've lost 6.83% since March, Loving this programme

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

nobody who said they pm me actually did

if u miss a week u get deleted , so it went from 20 odd people to 9 people , and i was always just gonna do it for 4 weeks to see how it goes and then longer

Well, that is wrong. I know for a FACT that I PM'd you, see screenshot attached. I can't talk for the others, but they did say they PM'd you.

Anyway, good luck with it, but I won't be in it this time.

wwleaguetable.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Had my WI last night and I was up 1lb. Tbh, it was better than expected after all the crap I ate all week! I think the fact that I had been good the previous week (but it didn't show because of TOTM) benefited me.
    Anyway, I now have 6lbs to go before I'm officially 3 stone down and I want to have that off before I go to Take That on 18th June so back on the right road today.

Lainy - hope the date goes well - make sure to spill ALL the beans here...
    GTI - congrats on your compliment (LOVE when that happens)
    Welcome to all the newbies and well done to all of you who lost weight this week.

As for the league table, I think I'll stay out of it this time. For me, it hasn't served it's purpose which was to motivate me to stay on track, so I wish you all the best of luck with it but as the Dragons in the Den say "I'm out" :D.

was someone about a starting a challenge a few days ago, something like 7lbs by june bank holiday? ......ok this is a really stupid question..june bank holiday...that the star or the end of june?

I'm totally up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    was someone about a starting a challenge a few days ago, something like 7lbs by june bank holiday? ......ok this is a really stupid question..june bank holiday...that the star or the end of june?

I'm totally up for it!

The June Bank Holiday is on Monday 6th of June this year. :)

Ya it was GTI I think said about the 7lb challenge.
    I'm in! :D

The June Bank Holiday is on Monday 6th of June this year. :)

eeeep i'd never make 7lbs by then! But going to aim for maybe 4lb - 5lbs i'd be happy with that! So going to be up up up this saturday! I predict a session in the pub tomorrow starting at lunch time after last exam. Its just this time of year....within 10 days of each other have my brothers brother, my aunts birthday, my uncles birthday, my cousins birthday....and all the younger cousins are hitting the communion this year...so have 3 family communions, then throw in exam craziness this year....i hate may!

Monife wrote: »
    Well, that is wrong. I know for a FACT that I PM'd you, see screenshot attached. I can't talk for the others, but they did say they PM'd you.

Anyway, good luck with it, but I won't be in it this time.

wwleaguetable.jpg

If Eircom_sucks doesnt mind, I can have a cut off doing the league thingy, I would attack it slighly different, anyone can join at any time, I'll give weekly%, overall % and date joined the league(i.e no. of weeks in the overall%).

only a suggestion

• Advertisement

Caros wrote: »
    Ya it was GTI I think said about the 7lb challenge.
    I'm in! :D
    wasnt me, but I did accept the challenge;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement