Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    depends on the amount...

cos 100g white is 10pp but 100g brown pasta is 9pp

but 40g same pp for each 60g same pp for each

+1 on this. I pointed the Tesco Wholemeal pasta as 200g for 18PP when using it in a pasta bake.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭fofany

fionas046 wrote: »
    Just had my WI and I'm up 2.5lb :mad:!!

I just don't understand why. :confused:

It has happened to me a few times. Always lose it again by the next weigh in. Hope this makes you feel better. Stick with it. You've done so much already and you're nearly there.

i know a few of ye have eaten in nandos...i have the pp value...just wondering what the portions are like? i want to make sure i get pp value for the food i'm eating...dont wanna fork out the money or pp points on a tiny salad for like 11pp!

i've only gone and got my self a date! going to cinema and i know theres a nandos out near the cinema.

so its either going to be nandos or captain americas.

Have a great night. Been so long since I've been on a first date (I'm married 11 years & we're together over 13), so I'm feeling excited for you. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

fofany wrote: »
    Have a great night. Been so long since I've been on a first date (I'm married 11 years & we're together over 13), so I'm feeling excited for you. Good luck!

I think i may be more excited about getting out of the house...the real world! SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER (well nearly....2 more days)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭fionas046

fofany wrote: »
    It has happened to me a few times. Always lose it again by the next weigh in. Hope this makes you feel better. Stick with it. You've done so much already and you're nearly there.

Thanks Fofany but sometimes its very hard to stay upbeat. Two weeks ago I was 1.5lb away for goal now I'm 5.5lb!

If I'd done anything to deserve that I would take it on the chin but I didn't. :(

• Advertisement

just put my name down for a charity dog walk. its only 10k i know thats not that long...but i've never done more than 5k in one go. its only bit of fun, not a race :) plus might get a bit of work out of it :P not sure if its both directions there and back or one way...one way will only make it the 5k. Either way....i'm doing it...fecking hell this new postive me is getting me into all sorts...

Its for the Irish Guide Dogs, they're doing these walks all over the country :)
    there doing cycles as well :)

http://www.guidedogs.ie/iopen24/events_calendar.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭boxoff

fionas046 wrote: »
    Just had my WI and I'm up 2.5lb :mad:!!

I just don't understand why. :confused:

Me 2! ugh am gutted - its my worst ever result on the scales at WW. Feel like bawling - was so close 3 stone but now uphill struggle back. Had no lunch at work today (the kids were like lunatics), weighed in, full of guilt came home and ate half of a family sized pasta bake - so bad that actually my Dad said 'erm stop eating'..... actually feel like throwing in the towel :( lets cry together haha

i know a few of ye have eaten in nandos...i have the pp value...just wondering what the portions are like? i want to make sure i get pp value for the food i'm eating...dont wanna fork out the money or pp points on a tiny salad for like 11pp!

i've only gone and got my self a date! going to cinema and i know theres a nandos out near the cinema.

so its either going to be nandos or captain americas.

Swit Swoo, delighted for ya lainy, bet he's a lil fox! haha

Myself and OH eat at nandos too often! We do because I find it good value for points......

Peri Peri Chicken
    Chicken breat , Quarter - 8pp
    Chicken, half - 13pp
    Chicken wings 3 - 5pp
    Chicken wings 5 - 9pp
    Chicken wings 10 - 15pp

Burgers, Pittas Wraps
    Chicken breast fillet burger - 10pp
    " " " Pitta - 11pp
    " " " wrap - 17pp
    Double chicken breat fillet burger - 15pp
    "' " " " wrap -21pp
    Mushroom & Hallouomi cheese burger/pitta - 10pp
    " " " wrap - 15pp

Salads
    Caesar - 6pp
    Couscous - 6pp
    Mediterrian - 5pp

Sides:
    Chips regular - 9pp
    Coleslaw - 9pp
    Corn on the cob - 5pp
    Creamy mah - 7pp
    Garlic bread - 9pp
    Macho peas - 5pp
    Nando's mixed laef salad - 1pp
    Spicy rice - 5pp
    Sweet potato mash - 7pp
    Ratatouille - 4pp
    Toasted pitta bread - 5pp

Lainy, I always go for the Chicken breast fillet burger (10pp) I think its good value points wise - nice bit of chicken in a bun. If you go for this ask for the dressing to be on the side - quite hot and I prefer it without it. For sides, I get either the corn on the cob (with no butter) or the spicy rice. I love rice so think a portion is okayish points value. My other half always gets the peas with have parsley and mint through them (to die for!) Okayish porton size id say about 2 tablespoons full. Chips there are rubbish - dont bother with them! As for ratatouille - very nice! smallish portion tho considering what it actaully is - veg (free)and spicy tomato sauce (low point value). My other half always gets the half chicken which he loves - meant to be delish! Salad wise - dont bother! I got mixed leaf salad and had literally had 4 pieces of peppers on a bed of wilted leaves for like 6e - i woulndt recommend.

Oh cringe that I know so much about food! haha - hope you enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭addictedtoshoes

First weigh-in this evening and was down 3lb :) 14 to go!!!

boxoff wrote: »
    Swit Swoo, delighted for ya lainy, bet he's a lil fox! haha

Myself and OH eat at nandos too often! We do because I find it good value for points......

Peri Peri Chicken
    Chicken breat , Quarter - 8pp
    Chicken, half - 13pp
    Chicken wings 3 - 5pp
    Chicken wings 5 - 9pp
    Chicken wings 10 - 15pp

Burgers, Pittas Wraps
    Chicken breast fillet burger - 10pp
    " " " Pitta - 11pp
    " " " wrap - 17pp
    Double chicken breat fillet burger - 15pp
    "' " " " wrap -21pp
    Mushroom & Hallouomi cheese burger/pitta - 10pp
    " " " wrap - 15pp

Salads
    Caesar - 6pp
    Couscous - 6pp
    Mediterrian - 5pp

Sides:
    Chips regular - 9pp
    Coleslaw - 9pp
    Corn on the cob - 5pp
    Creamy mah - 7pp
    Garlic bread - 9pp
    Macho peas - 5pp
    Nando's mixed laef salad - 1pp
    Spicy rice - 5pp
    Sweet potato mash - 7pp
    Ratatouille - 4pp
    Toasted pitta bread - 5pp

Lainy, I always go for the Chicken breast fillet burger (10pp) I think its good value points wise - nice bit of chicken in a bun. If you go for this ask for the dressing to be on the side - quite hot and I prefer it without it. For sides, I get either the corn on the cob (with no butter) or the spicy rice. I love rice so think a portion is okayish points value. My other half always gets the peas with have parsley and mint through them (to die for!) Okayish porton size id say about 2 tablespoons full. Chips there are rubbish - dont bother with them! As for ratatouille - very nice! smallish portion tho considering what it actaully is - veg (free)and spicy tomato sauce (low point value). My other half always gets the half chicken which he loves - meant to be delish! Salad wise - dont bother! I got mixed leaf salad and had literally had 4 pieces of peppers on a bed of wilted leaves for like 6e - i woulndt recommend.

Oh cringe that I know so much about food! haha - hope you enjoy it

okay thats weird :S i have completley different pp values for nandos...from the ww site :S

Thanks for tips on the portions...as i say dont wanna be pigging out infront of the poor guy...but dont want to left starving either and my stomach to start talking half way thru the movie....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 lizlemon

Just had my 3rd weigh-in and was down 1.5, which earned me my first silver 7! I'm happy with this as I'm feeling very (pre-menstrauly ?word?) bloated tonight so it's all good.

I've downloaded some weight tracker apps for my phone so it's really cool to see the graphs with the line going in the right direction.

The leader asked me if I was staying for the meeting and I said yes, but when I saw the line waiting to be weighed in behind me I decided against it. Kinda raging I didn't know because she said she'd give me a 7 sticker but I can always get it next week :)

Anyway, well done everyone who's weighed in today, whether you lost weight or not! It's a marthon, not a sprint and if your hard work doesn't show on the scales this week it will next week!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

Ok I have a question(might be stupid)
    I have 7 points left after dinner and I really want a curly wurly and a pack of velvet crunch with tea.

if i did this would I be more inclined to put on weight as say for example I had ryvita with ham n cheese triangles??

Like, obviously 7 pp of healthy food is better than 7pp of junk but would you be more inclined to be up eating the junk?

okay thats weird :S i have completley different pp values for nandos...from the ww site :S

Thanks for tips on the portions...as i say dont wanna be pigging out infront of the poor guy...but dont want to left starving either and my stomach to start talking half way thru the movie....

I d go for just the chicken fillet burger then in that case, Id be the same. Tasty and worth the 10pp - Taken those points out of the eating out guide, thats weird!

Hope ya'v picked out a nice outfit that shows off your weight loss in a sutel way ;) Think Im going to Nandos friday myself, delighte for ya, have fun!

I d go for just the chicken fillet burger then in that case, Id be the same. Tasty and worth the 10pp - Taken those points out of the eating out guide, thats weird!

Hope ya'v picked out a nice outfit that shows off your weight loss in a sutel way ;) Think Im going to Nandos friday myself, delighte for ya, have fun!

oooh total excuse to go shopping i think :P student discount in new look :D

Me 2! ugh am gutted - its my worst ever result on the scales at WW. Feel like bawling - was so close 3 stone but now uphill struggle back. Had no lunch at work today (the kids were like lunatics), weighed in, full of guilt came home and ate half of a family sized pasta bake - so bad that actually my Dad said 'erm stop eating'..... actually feel like throwing in the towel :( lets cry together haha

You know, now that I think about it, its my worst ever result too. I think I'm in shock.

As regards throwing in the towel, just think, do you feel better with 2.5stone less to carry round? If the answer is yes then keep the towel in your hand!! Sometimes this is a very tough battle but we can fight it together.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

javagal wrote: »
    I have 7 points left after dinner and I really want a curly wurly and a pack of velvet crunch with tea.

if i did this would I be more inclined to put on weight as say for example I had ryvita with ham n cheese triangles??

Like, obviously 7 pp of healthy food is better than 7pp of junk but would you be more inclined to be up eating the junk?

Good question ! Im intrested in the answer as well

oooh total excuse to go shopping i think :P student discount in new look :D

and in oasis, awear, topshop and miss selfride - oh how I so miss that , ya going during the day?

Baby75 wrote: »
    Good question ! Im intrested in the answer as well
    javagal wrote: »

I don't actually know the right answer to this but I think you have to have a bit of what you fancy sometimes. If you cut out your treats altogether you won't stick with the program. You're only talking about 5pp there and when you think about it you could be having a WW hot chocolate sundae for 5pp instead so if ww are making deserts with a 5pp value it can't be that much of a sin!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

... got told today how well I looked! Girl told me this afters that when I walked into the canteen (with my packed lunch in a white plastic bag:rolleyes:) she was like ... he's lost a lot of weight! She came over this afternoon to tell me this and to say well done on loosing the weight ... and ... what was I doing to loose it

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    ... got told today how well I looked! Girl told me this afters that when I walked into the canteen (with my packed lunch in a white plastic bag:rolleyes:) she was like ... he's lost a lot of weight! She came over this afternoon to tell me this and to say well done on loosing the weight ... and ... what was I doing to loose it

Isn't it amazing how good that feels??

Well done :D

• Advertisement

Oh wow, well done - love those moments! You should be well proud of your achievements! Need one of them soon after and kick up the a** after geting on the scales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Ah well done, its always great to hear that people notice! You must be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭kty

Well was down 1lb at WI this eve, am happy enough with that, as been sick for the past two weeks and food hasnt been the best!
    Lady Lainy - Hope the date goes well! Swit swoo! Ive heard the chips in Nandos arnt great either, ans the green salad is tiny and not worth it.

Good for you. I'm sure that was a proud moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭jackmax

good luck for your date Lainy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

+ 1 tonight :(

on another note

people the monthly weight watchers league table is finishing this week after this weeks round of results

so im starting it again and it will run for 10 weeks

so whoever wants in just pm me saying im in ok

if u miss a week ur automatically deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Donegal3

harr wrote: »
    hi
    just back form my WI and i am down another 4.5lb that's 13 pound in 2 weeks :eek: .I should get my first stone next week,was not expecting that loss today at all.I am gone from having 47 points to 42 points.:D

Congratulations that's a great loss, it took me 4 weeks to get my first stone:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

+ 1 tonight :(

on another note

people the monthly weight watchers league table is finishing this week after this weeks round of results

so im starting it again and it will run for 10 weeks

so whoever wants in just pm me saying im in ok

if u miss a week ur automatically deleted

Why is it finishing this week?

I don't know if you read all the posts on here, but a few people, myself included, said they PM'd you their results but you still excluded them from the table.

IMHO, I don't think it is going to work, just looking at the previous attempt.

Good luck with it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Well I was down .5lb tonight and I was fuppin delighted! I knew the previous 3 weeks(!) of not good eating would catch up with me but as my leader said "You held your own this week, well done."

Hoping for more next week. 4 lbs til my 3rd 7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Monife wrote: »
    Why is it finishing this week?

I don't know if you read all the posts on here, but a few people, myself included, said they PM'd you their results but you still excluded them from the table.

IMHO, I don't think it is going to work, just looking at the previous attempt.

Good luck with it though.

nobody who said they pm me actually did

if u miss a week u get deleted , so it went from 20 odd people to 9 people , and i was always just gonna do it for 4 weeks to see how it goes and then longer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement