Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí struggling to pay bills - AGSI

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Offy wrote: »
    Im simply pointing out that as an engineer with 10+ years experience I wouldn't lift my ass for €40k, that doesn't mean a copper with the same experience is worth the same as me, I don't believe they are worth as much to society as an engineer is, the link I provided earlier validates this.

Never in my life have I heard some bull sh***it I wouldn't lift my ass for nothing less then 40k people like you is the reason where In this mess... pure fu&*king lust for more and more money be happy with life not how big my wallet is and how small my pen*s is...

As a student renting paying fees I work as well and work my ass off and only earn 20k and I'm happy with that once I can pay my fees and have money for food.

But people like you don't want to help out the country you would stay on the welfare then Work for 18k.

I'm sorry but your kind makes me sick... at the end of the day what makes you better then a cop putting his life on the line or someone in the army or navy for less then.40k a year but someone like you wouldn't wipe his ass for.less the.40k a good slap in the face you need

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

And yet those self-same Gardai have absolutely no problem knocking the crap out of people who are protesting the policies of the governments that have led the Gardai to this pretty pass.

Irony much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

K-9 wrote: »
    Because some Guards are married? ;)

Btw, I'm not, don't know what gave you that idea?

You complain about welfare regularly and post about the high welfare rates and disincentive to work. Seems it doesn't apply to Guards though.:rolleyes:

Ah come on K-9, you know well you cannot compare a welfare couple to a single earner. It ain't fair for starters and it does not comprise both 'salaries' for examination.

Compare singletons in both cases and then compare couples to each other.

And yes btw ;), I have no problem with people in real need, i have a serious problem with scroungers while I work my ass off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Ive earned it!

How exactly?
    Are you for f**king real yet your so called professional traffic corp are to uphold the law regarding the above and fine people for not obeying the law,Then again I probely know more about the H&S act 2005 WTD etc and transport laws than most of the corp fact,And if it's the case that the H&S act does not apply how do Gardai sue the state for injuries like a cival case the employer must be found negiable in not providing measures put in place to stop injury to their emplyees as set out under the 2005 act.

It's only some part of the legislation that doesn't apply to the gardai. I don't see what it has to do with traffic cops though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

angelfire9 wrote: »
    And offy, you won't get out of bed for less than 40k?
    Seriously?
    So what should I as a qualified accountant with more than 10 years experience be holding out for?
    50k? 70k?
    Are your qualifications worth more than mine?

If you really knew what running a household, paying a mortgage and having kids entailed you wouldn't come out with those kind of statements!
    I'd happily get out of bed for €30k and that in itself would be a massive drop on my last salary
    It's not what I'm worth that matters
    It's paying bills and having a life as opposed to an existence!

An accountant is worth far more than a copper imo. Look the facts remain, coppers get paid to much, the service they provide is crap and they are power hungry bullies. Like coppers accountants dont create jobs, tax income (not anywhere on the same level as engineers anyway) and in social stratification where do they stand? We engineers are up on top with doctors, ahh look just click on this link, Ive made it easy for you!

• Advertisement

k_mac wrote: »
    How exactly?

It's only some part of the legislation that doesn't apply to the gardai. I don't see what it has to do with traffic cops though.
    Upper upper class. "Old money." People who have been born into and raised with wealth; mostly consists of old "noble" or prestigious families (e.g., Earl of Shrewsbury, Vanderbilt, Rockefeller).
    Lower upper class. "New money." Individuals who have become rich within their own lifetimes (e.g., entrepreneurs, movie stars, top athletes, as well as some prominent professionals).
    Upper middle class. Professionals with a college education, and more often with postgraduate degrees like MBAs, Ph.D.s, MDs, JDs, MSs, etc. (e.g., doctors, engineers, dentists, lawyers, bankers, corporate executives, head teachers, university professors, scientists, pharmacists, airline pilots, ship captains, actuaries, high level civil servants, politicians, and military officers, architects, artists, writers, poets, and musicians).
    Lower middle class. Lower-paid white collar workers, but not manual laborers. Often hold Associates or Bachelor degrees. (e.g., police officers, fire fighters, primary and high school teachers, accountants, nurses, municipal office workers and low to mid-level civil servants, sales representatives, non-management office workers, clergy, technicians, small business owners).
    Upper lower class. Blue-collar workers and manual labourers. Also known as the "working class."
    Lower lower class. The homeless and permanently unemployed, as well as the "working poor."

Just incase that isnt clear:
    Upper middle class. Professionals with a college education, and more often with postgraduate degrees like MBAs, Ph.D.s, MDs, JDs, MSs, etc. (e.g., doctors, engineers, dentists, lawyers, bankers, corporate executives, head teachers, university professors, scientists, pharmacists, airline pilots, ship captains, actuaries, high level civil servants, politicians, and military officers, architects, artists, writers, poets, and musicians).
    Lower middle class. Lower-paid white collar workers, but not manual laborers. Often hold Associates or Bachelor degrees. (e.g., police officers, fire fighters, primary and high school teachers, accountants, nurses, municipal office workers and low to mid-level civil servants, sales representatives, non-management office workers, clergy, technicians, small business owners).
    Taken from:
    Thats the way of the world! So as you can see we engineers ARE worth more than coppers or accoutants.

An accountant is worth far more than a copper imo. Look the facts remain, coppers get paid to much, the service they provide is crap and they are power hungry bullies. Like coppers accountants dont create jobs, tax income (not anywhere on the same level as engineers anyway) and in social stratification where do they stand? We engineers are up on top with doctors, ahh look just click on this link, Ive made it easy for you!

I fear you might not be taking the piss.

It's possible you are that stuck up your own ass.

Hope it turns out well for you.

Sorry mate. I was asking where would I get a wife to help with the bills. Big difference.

At least you've given up on the motoring costs.

Anyway your still missing the point. These were not meant to be a breakdown of my expenses although they are similar. These are expenses that every working person MAY have. When you take them into consideration with other deductions, 50 grand doesn't be long disappearing. And before you jump in on me again neither does 40grand, or 30grand. By the way you want me to declare my entire household income on here and yet you have no intention of letting us know what you work at

You have a wife, you deceived us from your original post. You stated various income(single) and various expenses, to back up your claim truthful figures would not hurt.

Anyway, anyone who claims to be struggling on 40k in any profession has a serious lifestyle adjustment to make. Living beyond your means comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

At least they are paying their dunkin donuts bills on time

dresden8 wrote: »
    I fear you might not be taking the piss.

It's possible you are that stuck up your own ass.

Hope it turns out well for you.

Im not taking the piss as it happens, engineers are worth more than coppers and thats the way it is, get over it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

And yet those self-same Gardai have absolutely no problem knocking the crap out of people who are protesting the policies of the governments that have led the Gardai to this pretty pass.

Irony much?

What a disgusting response !!
    Obviously has had history with the Gardai and trying to get even on an anonymous thread !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭donkey balls

angelfire9 wrote: »
    Sorry I know I'm tired but I've no idea what you mean?

What has employment legislation got to do with the traffic corps???

And offy, you won't get out of bed for less than 40k?
    Seriously?
    So what should I as a qualified accountant with more than 10 years experience be holding out for?
    50k? 70k?
    Are your qualifications worth more than mine?

If you really knew what running a household, paying a mortgage and having kids entailed you wouldn't come out with those kind of statements!
    I'd happily get out of bed for €30k and that in itself would be a massive drop on my last salary
    It's not what I'm worth that matters
    It's paying bills and having a life as opposed to an existence!

OK you mentioned the H&S act 2005 plus the WTD the Traffic corp are to enforce these laws both on bus&truck drivers the H&S act applies to your work place/station(excuse the pun) so I find it ironic that an officer of the law would be in breach of breaking these while enforcing them.;)
    As for running a house I do at present havent had a holiday in over four years not unless you include a weekend in Waterford when I stayed at a friends house.

What a disgusting response !!
    Obviously has had history with the Gardai and trying to get even on an anonymous thread !!

Hardly.

You must have forgotten the student protests.

Any real holes to pick in my arguement?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

gurramok wrote: »
    Ah come on K-9, you know well you cannot compare a welfare couple to a single earner. It ain't fair for starters and it does not comprise both 'salaries' for examination.

Compare singletons in both cases and then compare couples to each other.

Okay, point out where I mentioned single people? I mentioned married welfare recipients so the natural comparison would be?

Singletons is your own creation and strawman.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭cbreeze

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ????!!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzz zzzzzz zzz zzz z z z z z z z z z

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭donkey balls

k_mac wrote: »
    How exactly?

Jaysus please tell me that your not in the force if so you lads need to be brought up to speed on legislatiion,Now dont get me wrong I'm not one of these anti Gardai bashing morans but I do expect the same professional courtesy that I have seen in other countries.

Hardly.

You must have forgotten the student protests.

Any real holes to pick in my arguement?

Yes i remember it. My son was on it and he said he never saw such a crowd of troublemakers in his life. Described some of them as "out for trouble". So they got it then and he said they deserved it. They don't give the Garda batons for as a decoration and if they use them then they have to report on why they used them. Usually the Ombudsman gets involved as far as i know.
    I knew you had history.

Just incase that isnt clear:
    Taken from:
    Thats the way of the world! So as you can see we engineers ARE worth more than coppers or accoutants.

1949!

Read the rest of the piece.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Yes i remember it. My son was on it and he said he never saw such a crowd of troublemakers in his life. Described some of them as "out for trouble". So they got it then and he said they deserved it. They don't give the Garda batons for as a decoration and if they use them then they have to report on why they used them. Usually the Ombudsman gets involved as far as i know.
    I knew you had history.

None of that changes the fact that cops are overpaid and when the IMF gets through with them they will struggle even more with their bills.

I knew you had history.

Always with the assumptions. I never said I was there.

I hope you aren't going for the detective exams, your powers of deductive reasoning are flawed.

• Advertisement

1949!

Read the rest of the piece.

Thats when the model was published, your point?

You have a wife, you deceived us from your original post. You stated various income(single) and various expenses, to back up your claim truthful figures would not hurt.

Anyway, anyone who claims to be struggling on 40k in any profession has a serious lifestyle adjustment to make. Living beyond your means comes to mind.

Did he actually say he was single?

Okay, point out where I mentioned single people? I mentioned married welfare recipients so the natural comparison would be?

Singletons is your own creation and strawman.

This is what you said
    K-9 wrote:
    Different categories of struggling there. Its shameful how you lump someone on the dole as a struggler with a person on 50k as a struggler. The former has a crap standard of living while the latter still has a high standard of living out of choice.
    Well Welfare for a married couple together with all the benefits can be about 30k Net so not that different as the Guards here are talking about 40k net.

Its quite reprehensible that you quote a dole recipient(plural) to a 40k earner of any profession in the struggling stakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

None of that changes the fact that cops are overpaid and when the IMF gets through with them they will struggle even more with their bills.

And so will you struggle too if you have that attitude that you won't get out of bed for less than 40K! A LOT to learn...

Thats when the model was published, your point?

It's 62 years old. The article then goes onto list newer models that has Accountants as middle class.

It's from a time Accountants were seen as book keepers. Nowadays CEO's are usually Accountants.

Did he actually say he was single?

Yes, he quoted a single earners income and expenses while detailing 'Medical Aid' costs of 3k which can only be obtainable for a family and at the same time said the following about trying to obtain a wife:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71814490&postcount=263

Always with the assumptions. I never said I was there.

I hope you aren't going for the detective exams, your powers of deductive reasoning are flawed.

Wrong yet again.
    I am a retired man, however i did work in the P.S. in the 1970's for 8 years as, Guess what? Ans- a teacher. I left it as i couldn't stand the bad manners and started my own business which did extremely well. I sold it some years ago and now i play golf most of the time.
    As for my powers of detection, i had you figured from the get go !!

sillybird wrote: »
    And so will you struggle too if you have that attitude that you won't get out of bed for less than 40K! A LOT to learn...

For what I do €40k is poor pay, thats just the way the world turns baby.

This is what you said

Its quite reprehensible that you quote a dole recipient(plural) to a 40k earner of any profession in the struggling stakes.

You do it regularly?

• Advertisement

It's 62 years old. The article then goes onto list newer models that has Accountants as middle class.

It's from a time Accountants were seen as book keepers. Nowadays CEO's are usually Accountants.

Coppers are still overpaid and thats that.

Advertisement