Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardaí struggling to pay bills - AGSI

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

As for my powers of detection, i had you figured from the get go !!

And yet you continue to make assertions that are wrong and you cannot prove.

Maybe there was another reason you left teaching.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,577 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Offy wrote: »
    None of that changes the fact that cops are overpaid and when the IMF gets through with them they will struggle even more with their bills.

Very silly statement Offy from a so-called educated man. Everyone will suffer and you should know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭sillybird

For what I do €40k is poor pay, thats just the way the world turns baby.

I sincerely wish you the best of luck with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

gurramok wrote: »
    Yes, he quoted a single earners income and expenses while detailing 'Medical Aid' costs of 3k which can only be obtainable for a family and at the same time said the following about trying to obtain a wife:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71814490&postcount=263

You get paid more if you are a married Guard?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Coppers are still overpaid and thats that.

The irony is that "coppers" will beat up other workers to protect this tossers place in society. A self-important idiot who despises the people he relies on to protect his (alleged, I might add) position in society.

Oh, the humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Very silly statement Offy from a so-called educated man. Everyone will suffer and you should know that.

So far I have not suffered, do you know why? Im not silly enough to live on credit. I live with what I earn and no more. Not everyone will suffer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

K-9 wrote: »
    You do it regularly?

What is that suppose to mean?
    You get paid more if you are a married Guard?

What again? Read the posts, we were mislead into thinking the poster was singleton who quoted married expenses.

sillybird wrote: »
    I sincerely wish you the best of luck with that!

Best not to depend on luck, it tends to run out. Try planning and not gambling, much better method.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭greenoverred

You have a wife, you deceived us from your original post. You stated various income(single) and various expenses, to back up your claim truthful figures would not hurt.

Anyway, anyone who claims to be struggling on 40k in any profession has a serious lifestyle adjustment to make. Living beyond your means comes to mind.

Im going to have to leave lie at this stage. Its like banging my head of a wall. Whether I have a wife or whether you picked up I dont have one makes absolutely no difference to the point Im making. Did you not notice all the other bills I left out of my post this was done for a reason to make thing a little simpler for the likes of you. You obviously dont have a car, are not married and dont have a family. When you get older some of these things might come your way Until then you havent a notion what your talking about and just want to get engaged in a point scoring exercise

dresden8 wrote: »
    And yet you continue to make assertions that are wrong and you cannot prove.

Maybe there was another reason you left teaching.

Yes it was probably because of having to deal with spoiled brats who nowadays hide behind computer screens. Know any?

• Advertisement

What is that suppose to mean?

You trot out references to how welfare here is and compare it to what people on 40k get. Suddenly when I do it you have an issue with it.

wrote:
    What again? Read the posts, we were mislead into thinking the poster was singleton who quoted married expenses.

I don't see that at all. Married Guards don't get paid more, it makes no difference.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Yes it was probably because of having to deal with spoiled brats who nowadays hide behind computer screens. Know any?

Ooh, bitchy.

I'll have you know I was a delightful student.

Your own psychological issues with people who disagree with you are now coming to the fore.

Maybe that is why you couldn't hack being a teacher?

I feel we're making real progress.

Let it all out. It's cathartic don't you know.

Ooh, bitchy.

Your own psychological issues with people who disagree with you are now coming to the fore.

Teachers are overpaid too. Roll on IMF.

Im going to have to leave lie at this stage. Its like banging my head of a wall. Whether I have a wife or whether you picked up I dont have one makes absolutely no difference to the point Im making. Did you not notice all the other bills I left out of my post this was done for a reason to make thing a little simpler for the likes of you. You obviously dont have a car, are not married and dont have a family. When you get older some of these things might come your way Until then you havent a notion what your talking about and just want to get engaged in a point scoring exercise

How old do you think I am?! I work hard for a living and like many people live within my means, that is lost on people who make up fairytale expenses.

Apparently dealing with spoiled brats leads to a high attrition rate.

But anyway, the IMF is after the professions too.

Ooh, bitchy.

And your generalizations are generally way off the mark. But carry on. Try to get it all off your chest. Did the big bad Garda hit mammy's little cutie?

Apparently dealing with spoiled brats leads to a high attrition rate.

But anyway, the IMF is after the professions too.

Those that cant do teach!

And your generalizations are generally way off the mark. But carry on. Try to get it all off your chest. Did the big bad Garda hit mammy's little cutie?

What were your comments to me about been so called educated? And you issue a statement like the above?

You trot out references to how welfare here is and compare it to what people on 40k get. Suddenly when I do it you have an issue with it.

Err, I have provided facts about it and you will remember that from a few months ago in our discussions. You compared an unemployed couple to a working singleton in the struggling stakes, that is just outrageous.
    I don't see that at all. Married Guards don't get paid more, it makes no difference.

Have you read the thread at all?

To state again, the posted declared a health expense of 3k a year for a single person, now kindly explain how a person on 40k a year can obtain that for himself? (millionaires subscribing to the Mater Private ruled out)

so are engineers :P

• Advertisement

so are engineers :P

Maybe but we do provide a better service than coppers and teachers and accountants :p

What were your comments to me about been so called educated? And you issue a statement like the above?

Your own education comes into question through your cheap shots at another profession. Really educated people don't gloat.

Err, I have provided facts about it and you will remember that from a few months ago in our discussions. You compared an unemployed couple to a working singleton in the struggling stakes, that is just outrageous.

Why would I compare a married couple couple on welfare to a single Guard, other than in your head? I compare like for like, not strawmans. Cop on.

gurramok wrote:
    Have you read the thread at all?

To state again, the posted declared a health expense of 3k a year for a single person, now kindly explain how a person on 40k a year can obtain that for himself? (millionaires subscribing to the Mater Private ruled out)

Married Guards get paid the same as Single Guards, it's irrelevant other than your bee in your bonnet. He never said he was single, you presumed it.

Maybe but we do provide a better service than coppers and teachers and accountants :p

Thankfully I'm none of the above or I would have to spank you! I do wonder why you feel superior? Well those same teachers/leactures thought you at some stage. You may need assistance from those coppers at some point in your life. I have the feeling you've have bad experiences in the past (realy don't want to hear about it).

Thankfully I'm none of the above or I would have to spank you! I do wonder why you feel superior? Well those same teachers/leactures thought you at some stage. You may need assistance from those coppers at some point in your life. I have the feeling you've have had bad experiences in the past (realy don't want to hear about it).

Stay on topic, coppers are overpaid!

Why would I compare a married couple couple on welfare to a single Guard, other than in your head? I compare like for like, not strawmans. Cop on.

Yes you did with these disgraceful remarks
    K-9 wrote:
    Well Welfare for a married couple together with all the benefits can be about 30k Net so not that different as the Guards here are talking about 40k net
    Married Guards get paid the same as Single Guards, it's irrelevant other than your bee in your bonnet. He never said he was single, you presumed it.

The poster never said he was married until many posts later after been pressed on the issue. Why would he say he was looking for a wife in CFJ's then?

Ditto kid !!

With that ditto comment surely you have to retrach the education comment? Kettle, pot, etc???

Stay on topic, coppers are overpaid!

Now i do a bit of Counselling in my spare time Offy if you want to get it off your chest.

Now i do a bit of Counselling in my spare time Offy if you want to get it off your chest.

Is there anything you dont do?

• Advertisement

Is there anything you dont do?

I don't charge ..........much !

Advertisement