Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Restaurant in Sligo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

Has anyone tried Di Nardi's since it's opened?

I heard they were doing some special offer on a pizza 9' or 12' for 4 euro's or something mental like that. But I don't know if it's true!

I'm on a bit of a fitness kick so I can't try myself, I need my fellow Sligonians to quiet my insatiable inner take away junkie bursting to get out!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Lornen wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Di Nardi's since it's opened?
    It's just Borza rebranded AFAIK.. but the questionable nature of their closure doesn't help matters.
    I heard they were doing some special offer on a pizza 9' or 12' for 4 euro's or something mental like that. But I don't know if it's true!
    Borza were definitely doing that before they closed.. they were advertising it on their window. But didn't see the sign up outside Di Nardi's.

Basq wrote: »
    It's just Borza rebranded AFAIK.. but the questionable nature of their closure doesn't help matters.

Borza were definitely doing that before they closed.. they were advertising it on their window. But didn't see the sign up outside Di Nardi's.

I had a funny feeling that would be the case, just rebranding. I didn't recognise the staff though. So maybe new staff to try and fool people?!

Judging by the FB page and it's pictures, it looks alot cleaner.

Ah, It says it's opened under new management.

Strange one, that.

I could be wrong.. but I heard the owners are the same as Borza.

Did see something on Twitter about them a day of two back saying:

"It's now called "Di Nardi's" same fu*in staff, same menu, bar battered mars bar, :-("

I did hear the battered Mars Bars was a casualty of re-opening alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

You have to try the silver apple over the railway bar.

great food at very reasonable prices and the staff are great

• Advertisement

GG66 wrote: »
    You have to try the silver apple over the railway bar.

great food at very reasonable prices and the staff are great

What's the menu like?

Specialize in anything in particular? I've heard so much about it, I should really give it a go once I have the money for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lovely restaurant,menu can be found at their site.

http://www.silverapple.ie/

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Lovely restaurant,menu can be found at their site.

http://www.silverapple.ie/

So much fish for appetizers! Yikes! I'm a total peasant and dislike paté also, not much for the boring type. :pac:

The only thing that would interest me for mains is the steak. I don't think I could bring myself to fork out 16 quid for bangers and mash.

Must give it a go sometime :)

The chicken basque style is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Have had some really good and some forgettable meals in Town over the past year or so. My favourite has to be Monte Marte. Also had great meals in Coach Lane, Tobergal Lane and Poppaddoms. However the last time I went to Tobergal Lane I wasn't impressed at all. The Bistro just doesn't do it for for me, always busy and on the pricey side. I loved Tom Yum while it was there, cheap but tasty. Couldn't figure out why it wasn't much busier while open.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 John McCarthyy

Best restaurants in sligo are either tra ban or the venue in strandhill!

Paid a visit to the re-opened Dragon House yesterday and was lovely.

They've a Happy Meal menu for €14.99 each and the menu was:

Starter:
    - Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
    - Hot & Spicy Rips with Peppercorn Salt
    - Spring Rolls

Main Course:
    - Sweet & sour Chicken
    - King Prawn with Green Pepper in Black Bean Sauce
    - Beef Curry
    - Vegetable Chow Mein

Dessert
    - Chef Special (was Pineapple Fritter and Ice cream yesterday)
    - Ice Cream
    - Tea Or Coffee

Had Chicken & Sweetcorn soup for starter.. lovely nice big bowl of soup. Delish!

Had King Prawn in Green Pepper and Black Bean Sauce myself which was delicious (thought they'd skip on the King Prawns but there was 7 - 8 in it). Girlfriend had Vegetable Chow Mein and it was very tasty.. lovely crunchy veg and you wouldn't actually miss the meat.

Had the Pineapple Fritters and they were lovely / freshly sauce. Very tasty!

Very impressed. Certainly much better than King's across the car park. Cracking value, and great food!

They brought back the fritters?!

Oh. My. God.

When we were in they just had some nasty bought in desserts and we were looking forward to the fritters. Must have had a few old customers asking about them and started doing them again.. BRILLIANT!

They brought back the fritters?!

Oh. My. God.

When we were in they just had some nasty bought in desserts and we were looking forward to the fritters. Must have had a few old customers asking about them and started doing them again.. BRILLIANT!
    Yep, 2 nice and sweet pineapple fritters with a dollop of ice cream and warm pineapple syrup at the bottom..

.. nyom nyom nyom!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 johnpaulharold

Just spotted this thread and have eaten at nearly all of these excellent restaurants over the years.But the best and most pleasent surprise has been "SILVER APPLE".
    We have been back on two occasions since our first visit last summer and we don't want to over do it.
    The food is just top class, service prompt and friendly,attention to your needs is impeccable and unobtrusive and it is all priced just right.
    It's a family affair and you can tell by the way you are made welcome and appreciated.
    If you get a chance to taste or purchase their homemade chutneys and relishes, you can enjoy a little bit of this lovely restaurant at home.
    Do yourselves a favour and treat youself to a lovely surprise and check the silverapple out.
    No...I'm not related!:)
    I just hope that small family run restaurants like this can survive and flourish in a time of ever increasing pizza restaurant openings.

Love the Silver Apple.

Has anyone been to Conrad's Kitchen?
    I was asked if I wanted to go as it's my birthday at the end of the month but I've yet to hear any reviews of the place. If anyone has been and would be able to give me a little bit of a glimmer as to how the place is?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

Has anyone been to Conrad's Kitchen?
    I was asked if I wanted to go as it's my birthday at the end of the month but I've yet to hear any reviews of the place. If anyone has been and would be able to give me a little bit of a glimmer as to how the place is?!

Yes, I've been there. I was impressed with everything except the pieces of meat we got, which was more my personal taste than the restaurants fault. We got the pre-theatre menu which has a limited choice and seems to have all braised and stewed options, whereas I like mine pretty rare.

If you go for the A la carte it should be ok, or chose wisely! I'd definately go back for another try and go for something different from the menu. The service and desserts are top notch. Oh and the wine, the wine was yummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Conrads is pretty good alright, but the 12.5% added "gratuity" for tables of over 6 people is a feckin disgrace. I can't believe that restaurants still try to "punish" people for bringing business in.

It's not as if they don't charge enough already.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Sligored

Caesars seems to be closed - always felt that while the food was good it was too open and lacked atmosphere.

• Advertisement

Agreed. Caesars did some lovely pasta though.

Starbelgrade that wouldn't really put me off a whole lot,many restaurants do that. Not that I agree with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 lucacuccu3x8

sorry everyone,but is there anybody here that had mentioned anything about the Limoncello in wine street? can't believe! :confused:

Got a huge kebab in Zam Zam's last night. Was sublime.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Got a huge kebab in Zam Zam's last night. Was sublime.

But would you call it a Restaurant?

:D

From Dictionary.com

Restaurant-an establishment where meals are served to customers

Yes I would stew ;)

From Dictionary.com

Restaurant-an establishment where meals are served to customers

Yes I would stew ;)

That me told.

:o

Wouldn't mind a Kebab later myself now.

Was chatting to someone who was in Coach Lane lately.

Have a new menu and have dropped the prices considerably I hear. Must say I'm a big fan of that restaurant. Good bar food too.

Was chatting to someone who was in Coach Lane lately.

Have a new menu and have dropped the prices considerably I hear. Must say I'm a big fan of that restaurant. Good bar food too.

Have not been there in yonks. Have had the lovely odd meal there. Wonder if they still serve the Ostrich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

sorry everyone,but is there anybody here that had mentioned anything about the Limoncello in wine street? can't believe! :confused:

I like limoncello its nice.Most people in sligo would'nt know a good plate of Italian food it you smashed them in the face with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

I have to agree with saywhatyousee. Liked everything I got of them so far. Also find their Pizzas way nicer than the ones from the Bistro

Advertisement