Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Is it still a low ABV?
    Yep: 3.9% ABV. Doesn't taste it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Currently Chimay Blue, 6 for €12 in Superquinn! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

^ I hope that's a nationwide offer, I'll be stocking up if it is. Although I've never seen my local Superquinn with it in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Mo14 wrote: »
    ^ I hope that's a nationwide offer, I'll be stocking up if it is. Although I've never seen my local Superquinn with it in stock.

I work for Superquinn. It is meant to be a nationwide offer but not all shops have Chimay including the one I work in. There are other good stuff on the offer too like Duvel, James Boags, Affligem, St. Peters Organic Ale, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and lots of others. 6 for €12 is always good (especially with 15% discount)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Westmalle triple , Juplier and Ramee last night all on tap.

Started with Juplier which is normal enough and nothing special.

Ramee I have started to like alot in my last visits to Belgium. At first I couldnt stand it but a few days later I would get this urge to try it again and have really started to like it.

Westmalle triple is really good and I think most people here now how good this is already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Had a few bottles of Anchor Steam Liberty Ale and some Brooklyn's Penant Ale '55 over the weekend.. The Anchor Steam was very tasty!

Edit: Forgot about this little winner!! Innis & Gunn Triple Matured.. So tasty!!! Got the last one as well..

Innis___Gunn_triple_matured_bottle_box_higher_res.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Had a few bottles of Anchor Steam Liberty Ale and some Brooklyn's Penant Ale '55 over the weekend.. The Anchor Steam was very tasty!
    Really like the Anchor Liberty Ale, but I could take or leave the Steam Beer.

Don't think I was overly impressed with the Penant '55 either. Not a patch on their Brooklyn Lager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Not a patch on their Brooklyn Lager

Too right.. i remember having a bottle of the penant ages ago after a few other beers and thought it was the best thing.. but a few more sober samples and its just ok!! Still worthy of a bottle or too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

KJ wrote: »
    I work for Superquinn. It is meant to be a nationwide offer but not all shops have Chimay including the one I work in. There are other good stuff on the offer too like Duvel, James Boags, Affligem, St. Peters Organic Ale, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and lots of others. 6 for €12 is always good (especially with 15% discount)

Thanks for that. Do you have the definitive lsit for this offer. The last time it was on the Paulaner wasn't included.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

redalan wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Do you have the definitive lsit for this offer. The last time it was on the Paulaner wasn't included.

It's been running in my local Superquinn (Ballinteer) for I think nearly six months. Paulaner is definitely on the list (I'm drinking it now!) as is Duvel, Chimay Blue, Staroprammen, Budvar, Furstenberg, Peroni, Affligem, and a few others. Sometimes they're out of stock or at busy periods when people (like me) go in and grab 12 bottles of Chimay it can leave a line empty temporarily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    It's been running in my local Superquinn (Ballinteer) for I think nearly six months. Paulaner is definitely on the list (I'm drinking it now!) as is Duvel, Chimay Blue, Staroprammen, Budvar, Furstenberg, Peroni, Affligem, and a few others. Sometimes they're out of stock or at busy periods when people (like me) go in and grab 12 bottles of Chimay it can leave a line empty temporarily.

There are those ones and the others I can remember are Asahi, the porterhouse ones were in it, not sure if they still are, O' Hara's, Tyskie, Lech, Adnams Bitter & Innovation. Im not sure what else and I cant check cos Im off work this week as im heading to London in the morning.

KJ wrote: »
    There are those ones and the others I can remember are Asahi, the porterhouse ones were in it, not sure if they still are, O' Hara's, Tyskie, Lech, Adnams Bitter & Innovation. Im not sure what else and I cant check cos Im off work this week as im heading to London in the morning.
    MCMLXXV wrote: »

That is goodto know as I priced 6 of the Oktoberfest and they weren't on the list. Regardless. I'll fill my boots at some stage at the weekend.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Had a lovely bottle of Hollow's ginger beer last night. Not too sickly sweet like Crabbies.

Hollows_Gloss@newsdetail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Just supping on a Prohibition Ale by Speakeasy. Quite unlike anything I've ever had. Strange but really really nice. Not what I suspecting at all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sol tonight 12 bottles for a tenner in supervalue and kombacher tomorrow for the irish game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Annuv

шуменско as usual - love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Picked up some Zelta from the Aldaris company of Latvia

Krombacher Dunkel - will be my first taste later.

Krombacher Non Alcoholic.

1 X Can of Ratzsky 12% ABV Lager. Not expecting much but 12%, you gotta try it once.

(Well tried Wasabi Pringles earlier and would never again - anything once)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Decided 2 buy quality instead of quantity this weekend, so instead of the usual 20 bottle of Heineken for 15 euro i've gone for:

Maredsous
    Erdinger Drunkel
    Erdinger Urweisse

(Herself tried something different aswell.....Singha :D)

Loving the Maredsous, think i'm gonna avoid the vitamin H and try something different again next weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Mo14

Tried a blue moon tonight, found it very bland, similar to Hoegaarden obviously as it's a Belgian style wit, but not my thing. Also have two Shepard Neame beers to try, Double Stout and Some Rugby or Football one (Basically whatever Lidl had). Also some Fuller's ESB which I'm really looking forward to.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

with my steak dinner i had a btl of helvick gold,i love this beer and it is brillant with food.
    i followed that with a btl of abbot ale.
    then i made a big big mistake = i had a can of KILKENNY DRAUGHT CREAM ALE.
    OMG i was horrible,i poured half the can down the sink.
    am now drinking a btl of cathedral quarter red ale.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    Picked up some Zelta from the Aldaris company of Latvia

Krombacher Dunkel - will be my first taste later.

Krombacher Non Alcoholic.

1 X Can of Ratzsky 12% ABV Lager. Not expecting much but 12%, you gotta try it once.

(Well tried Wasabi Pringles earlier and would never again - anything once)

Is Krombacher Weisse/Dunkel available in Dublin?

Had Greene King IPA export last night. I like it has nice hops and malty tastes going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

redalan wrote: »
    Is Krombacher Weisse/Dunkel available in Dublin?

Should be. It arrived into the country on Monday morning and has been on sale ever since. Couldn't tell you where in Dublin it is though. I can find out if you want to PM me.

Berty wrote: »
    Should be. It arrived into the country on Monday morning and has been on sale ever since. Couldn't tell you where in Dublin it is though. I can find out if you want to PM me.

Cheers Berty.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

last night I had a bottle of Victory Hop Devil, Sierra Nevada Celebration and Anchor Porter.

All were very nice but I have to say that I love hoppy IPA's so the ales went down nicer than the porter.

I've saved a bottle of Brew Dog Paradox for tonight. Heard a lot about it but I haven't tried it yet. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

Singha, tried it there recently in Thai restrauant so when I saw in Tesco decided I'd buy some bottles. Now if only Tesco sold Tsingtao

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

had a great day yesterday = the wife said lets go out to Bray for a few hrs.PORTERHOUSE beer festival came to mind.

after a short walk along the beach i suggested some food and a drink so we popped into the PH.
    started off with a pt of there own red ale.
    then got some of the following in the sample glasses 1/3 of a pt.
    METALMAN pale ale
    PURGATORY ALE
    WHITE GYPSY AMBER LAGER
    DARK ARTS PORTER
    WRASSLERS XXXX
    BLACKROCK STOUT
    followed that with a pt of metal man before i went home a very happy man.

dubhthach wrote: »
    Singha, tried it there recently in Thai restrauant so when I saw in Tesco decided I'd buy some bottles. Now if only Tesco sold Tsingtao

Dunnes sell it I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Where do I start? Started off on Messrs yesterday and had the lovely brown ale. Went to Portmarnock for a wedding and had a good number of all three Dungarvan beers (bought especially by the groom, not regular).

Then after a good nights sleep and a lovely breakfast at the B&B we went to the city centre again. Headed to Porterhouse but it was closed (12:15pm) so went to Czech Inn where I started off the day with Pilsner Urquell for nostalgic Prague reasons and then moved on to a half pint of Herold Dark lager which was lovely. The barman spotting a beer lover also gave me a sample of the Herold semi dark (amber) which was also lovely but that dark lager was fantastic.

Then we went to Porterhouse for lunch and some beer (Irish beer festival time). The Copper Head* was fantastic and at only 3.7% is very sessionable. White Gypsy amber lager was tasty enough but not interesting enough for me. No matter, I know all of Cuilan's other beers are brilliant so I can let the lager slide.

Finally I went to Messrs again to await my bus back to Westmeath and got 2 brown ales in. A magic weekend of beer.

*Thanks TBN :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Tried Ola Dubh 12 and La trappe dubbel, both very nice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement