Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 14/3/11 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

My main hope for mania is still a Christian V Edge v Alberto match for the WHC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

Cianan2 wrote: »
    The most protected meaning what? It (fake)hurts more? Compare getting DDT'ed on a steel stage to having Ortons (not even thrown full strength) leg rub against your earlobe. I'd rather be in a feud with Orton if there was a choice.

No, whoever gets kicked is gone for a month or two. People rarely if ever kick out of the pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If there thinking hhh vs taker is gonna be there main attraction match at mania this year there seriously not doing a good job.

Theres been no real build up at all i mean ffs were either of them even on the show this week??

Add that to the fact it is being billed as a mega once in a life time match and they kinda have failed to remind everyone oh wait ya it happened a few years ago..........

But i guess if they did mention that most the crowd wouldnt have a clue anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

drayme wrote: »
    No, whoever gets kicked is gone for a month or two. People rarely if ever kick out of the pin.

What pin? I never said anything about a pin...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,587 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

If there thinking hhh vs taker is gonna be there main attraction match at mania this year there seriously not doing a good job.

Theres been no real build up at all i mean ffs were either of them even on the show this week??

Add that to the fact it is being billed as a mega once in a life time match and they kinda have failed to remind everyone oh wait ya it happened a few years ago..........

But i guess if they did mention that most the crowd wouldnt have a clue anyway :pac:

Once again I find myself agreeing with you ;)

HBK 3 minute interviews should NOT be the single thing they're using to build this feud. I mean 6 shows is not a long time to build a match you're trying to play off as "epic", so why they're not even having the guys appear on the show is beyond me.

• Advertisement

What pin? I never said anything about a pin...

Oh god.

I was just explaining what protected refers to.

The punt kick isnt the Angle Slam or the Ankle lock where you see three of them in a match. Once Randy hits it is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

:

To be fair on both guys, they were given the night off to practise the throat slash/crotch chop for next weeks epic" confrontation. :pac:

Oh god.

The punt kick isnt the Angle Slam or the Ankle lock where you see three of them in a match. Once Randy hits it is over.

He usually hits it post-match...

HBK 3 minute interviews should NOT be the single thing they're using to build this feud. I mean 6 shows is not a long time to build a match you're trying to play off as "epic", so why they're not even having the guys appear on the show is beyond me.

Its almost like there saying to them self ahh its Taker and Triple h sure it builds itself......

Unless they throw all kinds at us in next couple weeks this is the worst build up i have ever seen for a match of this level.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Anyone else notice the split in the crowd while the Del Rio/Cena match was still going? chants of "let's go cena" and "cena sucks", though the "let's go cena" chants were noticeably higher pitched...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I smell contract signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭MAJR

Which pretty much feuls my idea that Triple H/Undertaker was a last minute thing thrown together for a "big match" between two of the most established superstars. I think that 21/2/11 or whatever thing earlier in the year was just supposed to be Undertakers return but I think the internet speculation about it being Sting made the WWE think that it not being Sting would dissapoint loads of people so they threw in Triple H to make a bigger specticle of the event and lessen the dissapointment. There just seems to be no fore-thought put into it at all.

I smell contract signing.

Match has already been signed. They can't say a contract signing makes it official seeing as they said it was official 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,138 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sheamus won! Woooo! He'll be at the Dublin show now.
    The Rock promo was good fun.
    Good to see JR again AND to hear Too Cools music! :D
    Snooki at Wrestlemania? Ugh (still would though).
    I'll admit, Miz had me fooled for about half a second.

Good show tonight.

MAJR wrote: »
    Which pretty much feuls my idea that Triple H/Undertaker was a last minute thing thrown together for a "big match" between two of the most established superstars. I think that 21/2/11 or whatever thing earlier in the year was just supposed to be Undertakers return but I think the internet speculation about it being Sting made the WWE think that it not being Sting would dissapoint loads of people so they threw in Triple H to make a bigger specticle of the event and lessen the dissapointment. There just seems to be no fore-thought put into it at all.

Add in the fact that there are reports Taker is in a bad way health wise and has very little left in the tank i have fears this could be a really big screw up on wwe s part.

Yeah its almost as if they figured they had to give Taker a match seeing as he may retire anytime in the next 2 years and at the moment he's under contract.

They looked at their roster and figured there was not much they could do in 6 weeks apart from bring back H. I've also read that writers have been told NOT to refer back to when Taker beat HHH previously.

Match has already been signed. They can't say a contract signing makes it official seeing as they said it was official 3 weeks ago.

You have to complete the form :P

Yeah its almost as if they figured they had to give Taker a match seeing as he may retire anytime in the next 2 years and at the moment he's under contract.

They looked at their roster and figured there was not much they could do in 6 weeks apart from bring back H. I've also read that writers have been told NOT to refer back to when Taker beat HHH previously.

Jesus thats just sad lol so what just forget about one of the best main event matchs manias had and pretend its all original.

Making it even worse is that this match wont be a patch on there x7 match.

Oh god.

That is what I am arguing with you about, replay that kick to faketista's head and follow it with the DDT on Cena. Which looks more likely to keep someone out for longer? The kick DOES NOT LOOK CONVINCING ENOUGH, especially when it is followed less then an hour later by something like that.

Has everybody blocked this guy already, I don't get how he isn't getting more responses to how silly this is?

Triple H/Sheamus would have made more sense from a storyline perspective and would have been worthy of a Wrestlemania spot if the WWE hadn't jobbed Sheamus out to everyone and their grandma for months.

Alternitively I think Sheamus/Undertaker would have been very interesting as well and, again, would have been worthy of the "Grandest Stage of the all" if Sheamus hadn't been turned into a glorfied jobber.

• Advertisement

Jesus thats just sad lol so what just forget about one of the best main event matchs manias had and pretend its all original.

Making it even worse is that this match wont be a patch on there x7 match.

Its awful. I mean Triple H could easily say "you beat me 10 years ago, I'm 100 hundred times the wrestler I was then. You got lucky that night. Now I write the wrong"

Job done.

The way they're doing it now means that they can't say a host of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

If anyone can perform when not in the best shape physically it's Taker,especially at Mania!

I'd be more worried about HHH's ability to live up to a Mania match then Taker,the last few times he's came back from injury it's taken him a fair auld while to get going.

Its awful. I mean Triple H could easily say "you beat me 10 years ago, I'm 100 hundred times the wrestler I was then. You got lucky that night. Now I write the wrong"

Job done.

The way they're doing it now means that they can't say a host of things.

I know but again and i know i keep bringing this up but i feel the reason for this is the audience and the crowd. Most would not of even seen that match at wm x7
    I think there trying to fully cater for the young fans and by doing so they are insulting there older fans who have stuck with the company for a long time even though lets face it the wwe is a shadow of what it used to be.

Triple H/Sheamus would have made more sense from a storyline perspective and would have been worthy of a Wrestlemania spot if the WWE hadn't jobbed Sheamus out to everyone and their grandma for months.

Alternitively I think Sheamus/Undertaker would have been very interesting as well and, again, would have been worthy of the "Grandest Stage of the all" if Sheamus hadn't been turned into a glorfied jobber.

I don't know man, it kinda seems like it was all a plan all along, to make his character more interesting. They probably knew Sheamus was a definite for WM, and probably agreed to have him go in as some form of champ - I'd hazard a guess and say that it was agreed he'd go on a losing streak after the KotR etc.

If anyone can perform when not in the best shape physically it's Taker,especially at Mania!

I'd be more worried about HHH's ability to live up to a Mania match then Taker,the last few times he's came back from injury it's taken him a fair auld while to get going.

Thats another thing i have noticed why the hell have they held off having hhh fighting proper matchs on raw. I mean i can understand maybe not throwing taker right in for fear of him blowing up before mania.

But just sitting hhh there with nothing more then a few poses such a fecking waste.

Its even starting to make hbk look a joke at this stage wheeling him out for his special little interviews every week.

I know but again and i know i keep bringing this up but i feel the reason for this is the audience and the crowd. Most would not of even seen that match at wm x7
    I think there trying to fully cater for the young fans and by doing so they are insulting there older fans who have stuck with the company for a long time even though lets face it the wwe is a shadow of what it used to be.

Yep, you're probably spot on with that. Its just so inconsistent though, you want people to know who Brian Christopher is, and who the Rock is, who Trish is, and who Diesel is, yet you don't want people to know the Undertakers streak yet "its on the line".

Baffling inconsistency. But you're damn right with why they're doing it.

Yep, you're probably spot on with that. Its just so inconsistent though, you want people to know who Brian Christopher is, and who the Rock is, who Trish is, and who Diesel is, yet you don't want people to know the Undertakers streak yet "its on the line".

Baffling inconsistency. But you're damn right with why they're doing it.

They could of either put on another match for taker and for hhh with proper build up or given us a great proper legends build up for these two building it as the rematch.

Picture this hhh does not blow takers return but yet instead the following week returns himself and shows clips from his match with taker at x7 on the tron. He goes into detail on how it has haunted him for years that he fell short at this one time and could not beat Taker at the grand stage.

Now he wants a rematch now he wants a shot at fixing what he could not do before and he wants to be the one who finally ends the streak hell even add micheals in this way by having hhh say taker beat me at mania he retired my best friend but this time im better and i wont lose.

But no instead we get hhh ruining undertakers big return a return they built up for weeks he ruins it by posing for at least five minutes and they have a taunt off and stare at each other :confused::confused:

I don't know man, it kinda seems like it was all a plan all along, to make his character more interesting. They probably knew Sheamus was a definite for WM, and probably agreed to have him go in as some form of champ - I'd hazard a guess and say that it was agreed he'd go on a losing streak after the KotR etc.

Still, if Sheamus hadn't been booked to look so weak in the last few months he could have been put into the King of the Ring vs King of Kings scenario or the very interesting scenario of challenging the Undertaker's streak (though not likely to win). While any match between him and Daniel Bryan will be good there has been very little storyline behind it and just seems, as the Triple H/Undertaker stuff, to be something thrown together to give him something to do. Plus I would have high hopes for a match between Sheamus and Triple H or Undertaker being of high quality.

Wade Barrett on ESPN at the mo on Talk of The Terrace, he's a Preston North End fan.

Random.

• Advertisement

That is what I am arguing with you about, replay that kick to faketista's head and follow it with the DDT on Cena. Which looks more likely to keep someone out for longer? The kick DOES NOT LOOK CONVINCING ENOUGH, especially when it is followed less then an hour later by something like that.

Sorry but you are arguing with yourself here all I have ever said is that the DDT should be sold more seriously AND in other posts that the punk kick is the most protected move in WWE. THAT'S IT. I seriously dont know why this is an argument. What is the point of disagreement here?

The kick is over and the crowd were going ape over it but most people here seem to be ignoring that.

Has everybody blocked this guy already, I don't get how he isn't getting more responses to how silly this is?

It is silly as you arent reading what I said

Advertisement