Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw 14/3/11 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i taught raw was decent this week, compared to the last couple of show's, i taught The Rock again stole the the show with that promo, and im not a fan of cena as some of ye here know, but i have to admit his rap during it was his best yet and his selling of the tears when Rock made him cry and joy at seeing the box of fruity pebbles was top notch :p, on another note, i taught cole was very good as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

They looked at their roster and figured there was not much they could do in 6 weeks apart from bring back H. I've also read that writers have been told NOT to refer back to when Taker beat HHH previously.

Its been reported that wwe writers aren't even involved at all.
    It's all taker and trips deciding what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

CMpunked wrote: »
    Its been reported that wwe writers aren't even involved at all.
    It's all taker and trips deciding what happens.

Welcome to EgoMania. I never liked the way Taker & Triple H rule Smackdown & Raw with a iron fist.Even though it was handily on a hour early this week last nights show seems like a blur to me of a load of angles very few which got over.I think the majority of stuff wwe did in the mania build up so far hasn't worked,they just threw names at a wall & see'd what stuck. Rock,Snooki,Austin, Trish & have brushed aside what little work they've done lately to create new superstars as vince would put it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Wade Barrett on ESPN at the mo on Talk of The Terrace, he's a Preston North End fan.

Random.
    He was on SSN last week too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Cianan2 wrote: »
    That is what I am arguing with you about, replay that kick to faketista's head and follow it with the DDT on Cena. Which looks more likely to keep someone out for longer? The kick DOES NOT LOOK CONVINCING ENOUGH, especially when it is followed less then an hour later by something like that.

Has everybody blocked this guy already, I don't get how he isn't getting more responses to how silly this is?

If you want to block someone go ahead folks.

The person in question here is not breaking any charter rules folks and is simply stating and then 100% sticking to an opinion which isnt popular. If we dont want every Raw thread being dragged off topic by little quibbles and personal disputes people need to learn that people wont always agree with you even if you lay out your reasons for thinking that way in waht you think is a convincing way and most other posters agree.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I said pretty much throughout Sheamus' alleged burial that I expected some sort of payoff. His run was pretty high profile (ask guys on Superstars if they'd like to be buried every week in high profile moments on Raw if you disagree), so I think this has been the plan for the last 2-3 months. Some people here are probably extra defensive since he is Irish and was prematurely given the WWE title.

A US title run (might even rename it the Irish title or....The All-Ireland Championship :pac:) is perfect for where he is at on Raw in the minute. Now he has a chance for a good rematch at Mania with Danielson. The title run is also probably a thank you present for his buddy HHH. I'm not discounting that he may be being punished for something backstage, but it is a punishment akin to HHH's in 1996 for the curtain call (i.e just a few weeks in the bad books as a warning, but not an actual burial).

Overall I enjoyed Raw. The Miz was great again. I think he'll be a top face at some stage. The Rock is clearly building towards an adult-Cena promo. If they pull it off, it is a good way of attempting to repair Cena in adult fans eyes. Not that I think it will win over very many who dislike the Cena character.

Snooki was used pretty well. Raw will gain a bit of exposure and it was a good storyline way of getting Vickie on Raw. Ditto her at Mania. I saw Conan O'Brien mentioned it on his show last week. Vince loves that sort of exposure.

The HBK promos are great at building up Taker/HHH too. I wonder how they'll end? I'm hoping for an "If I can't break the streak...then nobody can!".

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Surely Edge or Christian or HHH or Rey could have been used as an opponent for WWE champion Miz instead of Khali - I mean Cena got RR winner and WHC challenger Del Rio as his opponent and Miz got Khali :rolleyes:

I have to say the best build up match going into Mania has to be Cole V Lawler major credit to Cole he is doing an awesome job

Is Snooki the same height as Horny :p It might have been better to have Ryder in Morrison part's but I guess Morrison has nothing for Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Wade Barrett on ESPN at the mo on Talk of The Terrace, he's a Preston North End fan.

Random.

Off topic, but any interesting comments during this interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭TheBantam

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Just seen RAW great promo's from the Rock and the Miz, his mic work is getting better and better its fun to watch. the problem for John Cena is i think that on mic he will be overshadowed by promo quality if the Miz and the Rock keep this up. I did enjoy the raps but there is something in the delivery that for me makes the Miz and the Rick better to watch.

also I'm loving Micheal cole at the moment he's playing it brilliantly.
    some good wrestling
    just wondering is jomo involved in this match just to give him something to do, i don't find him great on the mic and I'd say its hard for him to feud when he doesn't do a lot of mic work, but he is great in ring

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

WWE really need to do a week of Miz v Cena building without The Rock being the centrepiece.

I love The Rock more than anything, but The Rock should not be the biggest sell/draw of your company's biggest match of the year if he is purely there for one night only. Simple as. Cena v Miz should have a huge wow factor and the Rock should compliment that, but at the moment its all about The Rock v Miz and The Rock v Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

WWE really need to do a week of Miz v Cena building without The Rock being the centrepiece.

I love The Rock more than anything, but The Rock should not be the biggest sell/draw of your company's biggest match of the year if he is purely there for one night only. Simple as. Cena v Miz should have a huge wow factor and the Rock should compliment that, but at the moment its all about The Rock v Miz and The Rock v Cena.

I guess the wwe feel he is the bigger star out of the three and that they will get more views by pushing him as the leading light of the feud.

If this was just your average Cena vs Miz it would be lacking the spice the rock adds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Cianan2 wrote: »
    That is what I am arguing with you about, replay that kick to faketista's head and follow it with the DDT on Cena. Which looks more likely to keep someone out for longer? The kick DOES NOT LOOK CONVINCING ENOUGH

convincing or not doesn't matter, its how its perceived, another example is hbks superkick which when delivered usually meant that was that, kept nash down for well on 10mins during one tag match circa 1995 when shawn accidently hit him with it, but shawns superkick looked weak compared to stevie richards and yet people often kicked out of richards

i taught raw was decent this week, compared to the last couple of show's, i taught The Rock again stole the the show with that promo, and im not a fan of cena as some of ye here know, but i have to admit his rap during it was his best yet and his selling of the tears when Rock made him cry and joy at seeing the box of fruity pebbles was top notch :p, on another note, i taught cole was very good as well.

i thought the rocks segment was weak, put the boot on the other foot and give that material to cena (child dressed as rock, regurgitating of lame jokes, childish mannerisms) and the cena haters would be tearing him a new one today and rightly so because it wasn't good in any way

to bring out the fruit pebbles joke again, (whats that now 5 times?? and it wasn't funny the first time) had me :rolleyes: in real life

on the plus side miz was again excellent, its not cena getting passed the torch its miz, people who didn't know who miz was 3-4 weeks ago now know, that beatdown on khali was pg :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I thought that Raw was a huge improvement on recent weeks.. which wouldn't be hard to be fair!!

The Rock segment was excellent, and I'll imagine he'll be on Raw in person next week. It's good that they have finally involved The Miz in the angle with Cena and Rock, and Miz has really stepped up to the plate in the last 2 weeks with a couple of convincing performances. Cena was used sparingly this week, which always makes Raw more watchable IMO.

Cole and Lawler was once again fantastic. Cole is so full of win at the moment - his little box was a great addition, although completely pointless seeing as he was in and out of it all night long. It should be of no surprise that Lawler Jr. got no reaction - he was over for a few months a decade ago, and has barely been seen/mentioned since. Plus he took an age to get to the ring and get on the mic, which killed any initial pop he may have received. Great to see J.R. back, hopefully he is on commentary for at least some of 'Mania. Loving this feud overall, the pop when Cole gets his comeuppance at WM should be huge!!

Didn't mind the Snooki stuff, as it was done fairly well and should get them mainstream attention for WM. On one hand it's great to have Ziggler and JoMo on the WM card but they'll be disappointed to be an afterthought really, especially considering that things looked promising for both a month ago. Hopefully they get a chance to take some spotlight during that match at 'Mania, but I imagine the focus will be on the women.

The build for HHH-'Taker has been shocking. It just doesn't compare to last years build for HBK-'Taker. Given that both of them have just returned they will need to use every shortcut in the book to have a memorable match.

Sheamus-Bryan was a good little match. I'd be hopeful that Sheamus will stabilise in an upper-mid-card slot for the next 9/12 months before a renewed push towards the top.

The Punk/Orton feud has stalled badly in recent weeks, with the repetitive nature of Orton taking out a Nexus member every week. He is very much on top in this feud, so Punk needs to have a strong showing over the next 2 weeks to revive this feud. It will be interesting to see what they do with Punk now that his back-ups are all apparently out-of-action. On a related note, I thought The Miz has been much more believable without Alex Riley jumping around behind him like a goofball, so it was disappointing to see Riley make an appearance this week.

I thought the crowd was subdued again this week, but it's understandable given the slew of talking segments they had to endure. They were reasonably engaged for the Sheamus/Brayn match so hopefully Vince takes note of that.. a good competitive match will awaken any crowd from their slumber.

See just bothers me to hear that hhh worked a tag match after raw went off air last night.

I mean wtf your in one the biggest matchs at mania this year you turn up after the fecking show and this is how u promote ur match??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭drayme

See just bothers me to hear that hhh worked a tag match after raw went off air last night.

I mean wtf your in one the biggest matchs at mania this year you turn up after the fecking show and this is how u promote ur match??

He wasnt promoting his match

drayme wrote: »
    He wasnt promoting his match

That was my point he decided for whatever reason not appear live on raw adds nothing to build up his match at mania yet he turns up wresltes after raw goes off air. That's some build up for so called epic mania match lol

rossie1977 wrote: »
    i thought the rocks segment was weak, put the boot on the other foot and give that material to cena (child dressed as rock, regurgitating of lame jokes, childish mannerisms) and the cena haters would be tearing him a new one today and rightly so because it wasn't good in any way

to bring out the fruit pebbles joke again, (whats that now 5 times?? and it wasn't funny the first time) had me :rolleyes: in real life

if you taught that promo was weak, you must really hate watching cena's promo's over the last few months, anything the rock said in the promo, nobody could disagree with what he said, and look at any cena promo and all the kid done was copy what cena does and says and thats what it was designed to do, mock the cena character.

as i for your point that i highlighted, how many times in every cena rap promo or even non rap promo does he make references to his opponents sexuality, its more the 5 times anyway and its not funny, now if thats not enough to make you :rolleyes: in real life, nothing will

The videos on Raw were building it up. They are using an old school style build up. Limit our opportunities to see them and have us waiting for Mania. What do you want him to do? He isn't likely to wrestle on TV before Mania, so what benefit would another promo be at this stage? the HBK clips were the build up for the match.

Some people are complaining that they are taking up too much time and overshadowing everybody and others are complaining they aren't doing enough. We should enjoy a nice old school build up and promotion. Not everything has to be done ASAP and to excess.

• Advertisement

The videos on Raw were building it up. They are using an old school style build up. Limit our opportunities to see them and have us waiting for Mania. What do you want him to do? He isn't likely to wrestle on TV before Mania, so what benefit would another promo be at this stage? the HBK clips were the build up for the match.

Some people are complaining that they are taking up too much time and overshadowing everybody and others are complaining they aren't doing enough. We should enjoy a nice old school build up and promotion. Not everything has to be done ASAP and to excess.

HHH has been off wwe television for a good few months now Taker also had time off. They just return one week and then without any kind of build up of there own there in a match at Wrestlemania ?? They have about 2 or 3 more raws before Wrestlemania and apart from Hbk being interviewed and a stare down what makes me want to see this fight again??

I dunno i could be wrong here but if your making a match between two of the companys biggest stars and putting it on your biggest ppv of the year with something as big as Undertakers wm streak on the line surely your gonna need a bit more then candid interviews from someone who aint even in the fight!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I agree the HHH/Taker build up has been shockingly lacking. There's so much these two could be doing, there's so much legit stories they could be working with, that it seems like they aren't really trying. Its as if they've said they know they are the biggest match on the card so why bother hyping it up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Good enough Raw, an awful lot of promo but I guess that's to be expected so close to WM. Up until about a week ago the match I was actually looking forward to least was Cole - Lawler but such a good job has been made of making Michael Cole so utterly and completely f*cking ANNOYING has me looking to their match as much as any. Cannot wait to see him get an almighty bateing. He put JR in an ankle lock! Only downside is he's been such an excellent heel, where's he gonna go after WM..?
    Rock's segment was good this week, much better than the last. That was some glob of spit into Cena's shirt. Miz's reply was a definite step up for him, and his Rock gear was hilarious.
    Glad to Sheamus get the US title, think that's about the card status that would suit him for a while. Both himself and Bryan need a good feud and I reckon they'll work well together.
    Disappointed to see Morrison and Ziggler in a fcukin 6-way mixed tag match though. Give them a singles match!
    Love Punk but hate Orton. My interest in that feud has waned completely. Skipped their entire segment as it was obvious it would be the exact same sh1te as every other week and Orton is an incredibly boring wrestler. Only his match with Sheamus in the cell I thought had any drama.
    Should be an interesting WM I think. See what happens with The Rock, Sheamus - Bryan should be good, any interaction in the ring with Morrison - Ziggler should be good, Cole - Lawler... Don't know how that'll go down other than Cole getting a hiding. HHH - Taker, I don't know, I've a feeling the no holds barred thing is cos Taker isn't 100% and they need some way of making it interesting, probably end up being a disappointment though.

HHH has been off wwe television for a good few months now Taker also had time off. They just return one week and then without any kind of build up of there own there in a match at Wrestlemania ?? They have about 2 or 3 more raws before Wrestlemania and apart from Hbk being interviewed and a stare down what makes me want to see this fight again??

I dunno i could be wrong here but if your making a match between two of the companys biggest stars and putting it on your biggest ppv of the year with something as big as Undertakers wm streak on the line surely your gonna need a bit more then candid interviews from someone who aint even in the fight!!

They built up Taker's return with probably one of the most discussed build ups in recent history. Then the staredown said it all. In other words: I want to end the streak...ok bring it on. You don't need anything more. I agree they should mention WM X-7, but otherwise the build up is perfect in my eyes.

I don't get why people want them to do the same things that everybody else does in every other feud. The streak gimmick speaks for itself. It is being built up as something that the biggest stars all want to end. They are using boxing/MMA type build up for the match. Why invent a reason for the feud? There already exists a reason and it is the streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,479 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I thought that Raw was a huge improvement on recent weeks.. which wouldn't be hard to be fair!!

The Rock segment was excellent, and I'll imagine he'll be on Raw in person next week. It's good that they have finally involved The Miz in the angle with Cena and Rock, and Miz has really stepped up to the plate in the last 2 weeks with a couple of convincing performances. Cena was used sparingly this week, which always makes Raw more watchable IMO.

Cole and Lawler was once again fantastic. Cole is so full of win at the moment - his little box was a great addition, although completely pointless seeing as he was in and out of it all night long. It should be of no surprise that Lawler Jr. got no reaction - he was over for a few months a decade ago, and has barely been seen/mentioned since. Plus he took an age to get to the ring and get on the mic, which killed any initial pop he may have received. Great to see J.R. back, hopefully he is on commentary for at least some of 'Mania. Loving this feud overall, the pop when Cole gets his comeuppance at WM should be huge!!

Didn't mind the Snooki stuff, as it was done fairly well and should get them mainstream attention for WM. On one hand it's great to have Ziggler and JoMo on the WM card but they'll be disappointed to be an afterthought really, especially considering that things looked promising for both a month ago. Hopefully they get a chance to take some spotlight during that match at 'Mania, but I imagine the focus will be on the women.

The build for HHH-'Taker has been shocking. It just doesn't compare to last years build for HBK-'Taker. Given that both of them have just returned they will need to use every shortcut in the book to have a memorable match.

Sheamus-Bryan was a good little match. I'd be hopeful that Sheamus will stabilise in an upper-mid-card slot for the next 9/12 months before a renewed push towards the top.

The Punk/Orton feud has stalled badly in recent weeks, with the repetitive nature of Orton taking out a Nexus member every week. He is very much on top in this feud, so Punk needs to have a strong showing over the next 2 weeks to revive this feud. It will be interesting to see what they do with Punk now that his back-ups are all apparently out-of-action. On a related note, I thought The Miz has been much more believable without Alex Riley jumping around behind him like a goofball, so it was disappointing to see Riley make an appearance this week.

I thought the crowd was subdued again this week, but it's understandable given the slew of talking segments they had to endure. They were reasonably engaged for the Sheamus/Brayn match so hopefully Vince takes note of that.. a good competitive match will awaken any crowd from their slumber.

How is Riley back :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Yeah, did I miss Riley :S

[/B]

if you taught that promo was weak, you must really hate watching cena's promo's over the last few months, anything the rock said in the promo, nobody could disagree with what he said, and look at any cena promo and all the kid done was copy what cena does and says and thats what it was designed to do, mock the cena character.

as i for your point that i highlighted, how many times in every cena rap promo or even non rap promo does he make references to his opponents sexuality, its more the 5 times anyway and its not funny, now if thats not enough to make you :rolleyes: in real life, nothing will

ah please it was horrible worse than anything cena has done last 6 months easily and cenas been given some terrible material to work with, i truly believe that if rock sat down these days with his mouth open for 5 mins and said nothing there would be a bunch of people saying how fantastic it was

the fact that you thought a box of fruity pebbles was "top notch" when they already showed cena with a box eating them like a month ago says everything to me

this whole cena/rock thing is getting really old really quickly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

the fact that you thought a box of fruity pebbles was "top notch" when they already showed cena with a box eating them like a month ago says everything to me

yeah i didnt like the fruity pebbles, the rest was class though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They built up Taker's return with probably one of the most discussed build ups in recent history. Then the staredown said it all. In other words: I want to end the streak...ok bring it on. You don't need anything more. I agree they should mention WM X-7, but otherwise the build up is perfect in my eyes.

I don't get why people want them to do the same things that everybody else does in every other feud. The streak gimmick speaks for itself. It is being built up as something that the biggest stars all want to end. They are using boxing/MMA type build up for the match. Why invent a reason for the feud? There already exists a reason and it is the streak.

But I think if you make it as simple as

"I want to end your streak"

"Ok"

then its just really lazy booking and just falling on circumstance rather than building a feud. Make the streak an issue sure but do more than that, it doesn't sell itself anymore seeing as everyone assumes Taker will win, they need to give people a reason to think Taker won't win a la HBK retiring. It's sports entertainment so using a boxing feud is pointless because its not an athletic contest, no matter how much HHH hates or trains for Taker its a predetermined result so they have to do more than say "they both want to win".

Every Mania feud is about ending the streak, why can't they make it more intense or interesting. As I said in a previous Raw why not have it that HHH wanting to end the streak but Undertaker wasn't interested because he previously beat him and the following weeks were spent with HHH provoking Taker into a match establishing not only HHH as a potential heel but also something to do with the weeks leading upto Mania and giving Taker a reason to want to shut HHH up for a better reason than "that rascal interrupted my return".

I've never seen a big Mania match built so badly in my life. Why couldn't they have interviewed HHH and had HHH go on about his desire or need to beat Taker instead of HBK putting out a generic "he's a good wrestler, he's tough to beat, he has so much desire" interview. Or why not have HHH come out to wrestle a match, have the lights go out, dong dong, lights on, HHH laying prone in the ring and have Taker justify it by saying that was a consequence of HHH interrupting Takers return. Have Underaker come out for an interview and have HHH force production to cut off Takers mic because what Taker has to say doesnt matter, its all about the Game or something. Just do SOMETHING!

The night they returned, everyone defended the "return" by saying "oh they don't need to interact, they've 5 more weeks to build Mania, your reactions are so unnecessary", well they've wasted 2 of them doing absolutely nothing. HBK telling us that HHH needs to win and Taker won't be easy to beat couldn't be more of a "no shít" interview. As you said the return promo was hugely discussed but they absolutely failed to use the momentum that that video and return created.

• Advertisement

ah please it was horrible worse than anything cena has done last 6 months easily and cenas been given some terrible material to work with, i truly believe that if rock sat down these days with his mouth open for 5 mins and said nothing there would be a bunch of people saying how fantastic it was

the fact that you thought a box of fruity pebbles was "top notch" they already showed cena with a box eating them like a month ago says everything to me

this whole cena/rock thing is getting really old really quickly

I also said the kid's rap and selling the tears was top notch to, but you forgot that and the smiley after it, l'm getting fairly fed up of if the writers gave cena this, if the writers gave cena that, why doesnt he sit down and do his own promo's then, and no if the rock sat down open mouthed for 5-10 or even 15mins it would not been fantastic, it would be crap, and if you taught that promo was worse then cena's nearly 10 year now, constant homosexual referenced promos, well that in fact says everything to me. but i agree the rock cena is getting old, simply because the miz has stepped up to the plate now

Advertisement