Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Nonamigo wrote: »
    I'm sick of spending money on juices that taste so horrible. I have the whole box of liquids that i've bought/made and don't like...hope steeping will help. I still have 30ml of Marlboro juice that i got with my first e-cig, it's 2 month old now...and still taste like crap. I think i need to try Joye tobacco flavor from thevapourstore...

Hopefully if we get a dedicated forum we could swap juices with each other.

I have a 30ml bottle of B&H flavour that I don't like, would like to try a few new flavours but not fussed on spending €7 ish on something I might not like.

Anyone got a ml or 2 of vanilla they would like to share?

Theblueirish
    p.s. 5 weeks smoke free from tomorrow, thats at least 1000 cigs gone unsmoked almost €450 saved

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Just a quick update, Im off the analogues a week today and loving me ry4 e liquid. I was thinking of trying the halo menthol ice...any opinions on that e juice

That's the only one i'll use to be honest. I've hated all the others i've tried, double mint, b&h, dunhill and I didn't like halo freedom either.
    Menthol ice is really nice, not mentholy at all though, it's just a nice kind of sweet flavour, it can really take a day or 2 to settle though when you open a new bottle because it can have a weird aftertaste but apart from that i'm delighted with it, i've been using it for nearly 2 months now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

I cleaned my ego-t atomiser last night with warm water.. I was watching a video on youtube and a guy was cleaning them in isopropyl alcohol... Is water just as good???

Mez

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mezamo wrote: »
    I cleaned my ego-t atomiser last night with warm water.. I was watching a video on youtube and a guy was cleaning them in isopropyl alcohol... Is water just as good???

Mez

You'll find loads of folks who will say do this, do that to clean your atty. If you feel you must then you'll have to try these methods yourself. Of course it depends on why you are cleaning it. You could be trying to ressurect a dead atty or just trying to get rid of a flavour. To try and ressurect it is fine. Nothing to lose really but to get rid of a flavour is too risky imo. For me once my atty dies I move on. I subscribe to the "treat it like a bic lighter" camp.

I have seen easier methods described. One guy just hot burned his tank (heat up release, blow away vapour, repeat) on the Garry Dibley 5V usb for a few minutes and claims it was like new again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

i had to go down the IPA route last night....i bought Smooth 8 juice, stuck it in a tank and vaped away. Wasn't to my tastes at all, found it a very overpowering flavour. I could not get the smell or the taste out of my atty or the tank, both stank of the stuff. Tried water, even vodka.....had to liberate some IPA from work....that got it out in the end.....did the rest of them while i was at it....

PS, if it is to anyones taste, i'd be on for a swap ;), its 18mg, 15ml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Hey everyone, have to ask again:
    Where can i buy a 901LR atty? I know I can order from China or USA but I just need only one 901lr atty to try it as many people say it's very good for flavor. I've ordered over 100ml of different juices so i'm not on hunt for juice for now and buying just one atty from USA or China just doesn't worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hey everyone, have to ask again:
    Where can i buy a 901LR atty? I know I can order from China or USA but I just need only one 901lr atty to try it as many people say it's very good for flavor. I've ordered over 100ml of different juices so i'm not on hunt for juice for now and buying just one atty from USA or China just doesn't worth it.

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epages/yxve46fvrnud.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Products/90152LV-S

Remember to get a 510-901 adapter!

nesf wrote: »
    Thanks. I guess i'll wait tho. it's 6 euro for delivery just for 1 atty. Are there any vendors in Ireland who sells them?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I have the screwdriver mk11 which i'm delighted with. I'm thinking of complimenting it with a tank.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best place to buy one?

Is there a difference between a tank and a tornado tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Thanks. I guess i'll wait tho. it's 6 euro for delivery just for 1 atty. Are there any vendors in Ireland who sells them?

I don't see any vendors at the moment who sells 901 LR that's because there is not too many devices with 901 connection which can handle LR atty.
    Have you tried 306 LR? It's also very tasty, small beast.

• Advertisement

Hey Opit. No I haven't try it but would like to if it's good taste-wise. Is it the one with kinda open bridge? I've an ego, would it fit? What adaptor would I need? Any special drip tips or standard 510 would fit? Is it ok to use standard ego cone to cover the atty? Sorry for so many questions:)

Hey Opit. No I haven't try it but would like to if it's good taste-wise. Is it the one with kinda open bridge? I've an ego, would it fit? What adaptor would I need? Any special drip tips or standard 510 would fit? Is it ok to use standard ego cone to cover the atty? Sorry for so many questions:)

Yes it's open bridge one which is good because is very easy to clean.
    It's fit eGo battery.
    Yes you need special drip tips for 306.
    If you want use it with eGo cone you better get long delrin drip tip. I prefer transparent drip tips but without the cone.

Thanks a bunch. I've seen it on thebestshop. Must give it a try. Have you got a link for drip tip? Is the taste really better on it? Cheers

Thanks a bunch. I've seen it on thebestshop. Must give it a try. Have you got a link for drip tip? Is the taste really better on it? Cheers

No problemo. http://www.thebestshop.eu/drip-tips/delrin-drip-tips-for-joye306/prod_171.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm, think I might get one of those 306 lr attys/drip tips myself, im loving the tank but it's eating up the ejuice ridiculously fast and the flavour doesn't always come through

mebbe a 306 for home, and a tank for when I have to go out

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

hrm, think I might get one of those 306 lr attys/drip tips myself, im loving the tank but it's eating up the ejuice ridiculously fast and the flavour doesn't always come through

mebbe a 306 for home, and a tank for when I have to go out

Could I ask you where you got your tank, and is it the tornado tank?

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/joye-ego-t-mega-atomiser-tank-/prod_276.html

that's the one I got. It's awesome but like I said the flavour can be iffy sometimes. sometimes I get a lovely flavour when I draw, sometimes not so much. it depends on the juice I think, I've some coffee and tea flavoured stuff coming in the post next week so i'm gona try them out and see what they're like with it.

--edit

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/joye-ego/5-ego-t-empty-tank-cartridges/prod_277.html

dont forget you gotta get these as well if you're getting the tank

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I have the screwdriver mk11 which i'm delighted with. I'm thinking of complimenting it with a tank.

Anyone have any suggestions on the best place to buy one?

Is there a difference between a tank and a tornado tank?

You have the links for the tank but be aware that they won't fit on the screwdriver without an adapter of some kind. I have used a 510-901 plus 901-510 adapters to put the tank and mega attys on other devices. There is no difference between the Tornado Tank and other tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Manchgreen

Hi, just want to say thanks for all the information on this thread Mewso. I'm over two weeks off the fags!! Something I thought would be impossible. I read most of the thread before buying a tank from the vapour store with some virgina e liquid and it's going great, can't believe it really. The vapour store seems to be out of liquid at the moment, I bought some from the best shop but didn't like it too much so will stick with the virginia one. Anyway I just wanted to say thanks :)

coffee supreme and peach iced tea flavours came today :)

so far coffee supreme is *awesome*.. not much throat hit which is kind of a pain, but the flavour is just fantastic

• Advertisement

Just tried my first LR atty this morning, a 510....very nice...first thing i noticed is how much warmer the vapour is...not a huge difference in flavour for me (bestshop ry4)....i'd say about 50% more vapour though :)

Couple of questions...

Do the LR's have a shorter lifespan??
    Is vaping an LR atty similar to a standard atty at 5V??

Gryzor wrote: »
    Do the LR's have a shorter lifespan??

Theoretically but in practice can last as long as a normal atty. Like any atty it's random luck. Because of the theory though they are cheaper and without warranty from most vendors.
    Gryzor wrote: »
    Is vaping an LR atty similar to a standard atty at 5V??

Almost but not quite. Close enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DubGuyxx

Hi Guys,

My five cents worth.

Im not going to rain on anyones parade - whatever works for you, go for it.

For me though, none of the nicotine replacement stuff ever really worked - It works fine for a while, but you're not really addressing the underlying addiction, and until you do, theres always the danger that you'll slip. I always fell off the wagon - the sheer pleasure of a smoke with a pint or whetever...

Ultimately I did it cold turkey - I think the stats show that most quits fail, but that of those that succeed, the vast majority are unassisted. Theres not much hard evidence that any of the nicotine replacement therapies really work in the long term.
    Some interesting critiques of various approaches on http://www.whyquit.com/ if anyone is interested.

Dubguy

ps 6 months clean - yippie!!

DubGuyxx wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My five cents worth.

Im not going to rain on anyones parade - whatever works for you, go for it.

For me though, none of the nicotine replacement stuff ever really worked - It works fine for a while, but you're not really addressing the underlying addiction, and until you do, theres always the danger that you'll slip. I always fell off the wagon - the sheer pleasure of a smoke with a pint or whetever...

Ultimately I did it cold turkey - I think the stats show that most quits fail, but that of those that succeed, the vast majority are unassisted. Theres not much hard evidence that any of the nicotine replacement therapies really work in the long term.
    Some interesting critiques of various approaches on http://www.whyquit.com/ if anyone is interested.

Dubguy

ps 6 months clean - yippie!!

Have you tried e-cigs?
    Do you understand the fundamental differences between NRT and electronic cigarettes?
    Do you know the differences between combusting a cigarette and inhaling vaporised liquid nicotine?

I'm delighted you succeeded in going cold turkey. It's certainly the only real way to stop particularly when you consider the great sham that is NRT. i.e. the 5% success rate beyond 6 months.

The reality for me is I don't know if I would have ever stopped and I'm serious about that. Maybe I would but suddenly I'm inhaling vaporised nictotine which is many many many times safer than burning a cigarette and I'm happy doing it.

Electronic cigarettes is not about adressing the underlying adiction it's about satisfying it in a safer manner and I'm happy to say it's far more pleasant than the real thing once you make the change. That is the crucial difference. Once you switch it's a preferable method. Not something that is helping you through those difficult moments of not being able to smoke a real cigarette. It's something you actually enjoy and prefer to the real thing. Absolutely revolutionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Hey looking for some opinions, me and my bf have been using the 12mg halo menthol ice now for around 2 and a half months, I am just about to reorder and I was thinking about ordering the 8mg, I don't vape continuously but I do use it a few times throughout the day, If I wanted to use it and I was watching something and it was in another room I could forget about it for ages and not go get it if I think of it again but if it went dead I would get an instant craving to vape.....do you reckon I would be ready to go down to the 8mg now?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DubGuyxx

mewso wrote: »

Electronic cigarettes is not about adressing the underlying adiction it's about satisfying it in a safer manner and I'm happy to say it's far more pleasant than the real thing once you make the change. That is the crucial difference. Once you switch it's a preferable method. Not something that is helping you through those difficult moments of not being able to smoke a real cigarette. It's something you actually enjoy and prefer to the real thing. Absolutely revolutionary.

Completely take the point Mewso - As I say, whatever works for you, go for it. I would say though that, while inhaling vapourised nicotine is certainly less harmful than burning it along with all the other crap thats in standard cigs, it is still a poisonous insecticide at the end of the day. Also, as you say, e-cigs dont address the addiction - for me, the idea that I was an 'addict' eventually became almost as big an issue as the health thing, quite apart from the fact that if you dont actually beat the addiction, theres always the danger of sliding back onto conventional cigs.

I'd say e-cigs are probably a step in the right direction, but ultimately, I'd encourage folks to try to go the whole way and be done with the whole damn business.....but hey, each to their own view, live and let live etc...

I have two batteries for my joye tank,, one is the regular sized and the other is the larger 900mha one. whenever I use the regular battery it's fine, but the larger battery is giving me a constant burnt taste. I'll probably buy another battery later in the week, but im wondering how this would happen. Is the battery faulty and giving the atomiser too much power or something?

Tayla wrote: »
    Hey looking for some opinions, me and my bf have been using the 12mg halo menthol ice now for around 2 and a half months, I am just about to reorder and I was thinking about ordering the 8mg, I don't vape continuously but I do use it a few times throughout the day, If I wanted to use it and I was watching something and it was in another room I could forget about it for ages and not go get it if I think of it again but if it went dead I would get an instant craving to vape.....do you reckon I would be ready to go down to the 8mg now?

Like so many things only you can find that one out but giving it a try can hardly hurt.

I have two batteries for my joye tank,, one is the regular sized and the other is the larger 900mha one. whenever I use the regular battery it's fine, but the larger battery is giving me a constant burnt taste. I'll probably buy another battery later in the week, but im wondering how this would happen. Is the battery faulty and giving the atomiser too much power or something?

I have a similar setup to yourself, no issues here on the bigger battery....have you a multimeter you could stick on the battery to test it?? Is the draw the same with both batteries, maybe an airhole is blocked on the bigger one??

• Advertisement

no, when I use the larger battery there is more air.. so maybe the atomiser isn't fitting onto it properly anymore.

not that big a deal I guess, I can just get another battery tomorrow just a pain in the ass I can't really vape while im charging the smaller one

Advertisement