Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

DubGuyxx wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

My five cents worth.

Im not going to rain on anyones parade - whatever works for you, go for it.

For me though, none of the nicotine replacement stuff ever really worked - It works fine for a while, but you're not really addressing the underlying addiction, and until you do, theres always the danger that you'll slip. I always fell off the wagon - the sheer pleasure of a smoke with a pint or whetever...

Ultimately I did it cold turkey - I think the stats show that most quits fail, but that of those that succeed, the vast majority are unassisted. Theres not much hard evidence that any of the nicotine replacement therapies really work in the long term.
    Some interesting critiques of various approaches on http://www.whyquit.com/ if anyone is interested.

Dubguy

ps 6 months clean - yippie!!

Hmmm. I started using the e-cigs cause I wanted to stop smoking tobacco. Mission accomplished.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Hey lads. Has anyone tried the Joye tobacco liquid from thevapourstore? It says it's the same as the one that comes with 510 starter kit but is it the same as with ego starter kit?
    Also are there any problems bringing e-cig on the plane through customs (or whatever those people that searching through you belongings at the airport called:)) I'm going to carribeans for holidays and want to take my cig with me....

Looks like everything is out of stock there:) I didn't see any reviews either. Thanks tho

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Bah, back on the smokes a good while now. Only good news is that it's the pipe not the cigarettes that I'm enjoying. Still vaping, using it to cut down on the amount of smoking I'm doing but a long way from solely vaping right now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Sorry forgot to put the full address http://vapourireland.com

I just bought 50ml of menthol from that site for 15 euro, that seems like good value.I am familiar with those dekang liquids, the vapourstore sell something similar but they're only 20ml bottles for 12.50

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

nesf wrote: »
    Bah, back on the smokes a good while now. Only good news is that it's the pipe not the cigarettes that I'm enjoying. Still vaping, using it to cut down on the amount of smoking I'm doing but a long way from solely vaping right now. :(

Chin up, it happens to everyone, so long as the goal is to get back to vaping you'll be grand.It happened to me when I didn't give myself enough lead time on ordering liquid.I was smoking for 2 weeks before I kicked them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

One of my ego t atomisers is dead already :-( after just under 3 weeks. Is it normal to get so short a time out of them?? At €12 a go they would want to last a bit longer. Is it just pot luck or is there a standard time they last?

Thanks,

Mez

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mezamo wrote: »
    One of my ego t atomisers is dead already :-( after just under 3 weeks. Is it normal to get so short a time out of them?? At €12 a go they would want to last a bit longer. Is it just pot luck or is there a standard time they last?

Thanks,

Mez

I'm afraid 3 weeks is probably not that far off standard. You'll often get longer but 3 weeks is not that surprising imo. Order a stash from china. Better value if you want bulk and you won't care as much if they don't last as long as they should.

Thanks mewso :-) what's the difference between the two atomisers?? One is low resistance , is it any better?

Hey lads. What about my question:)
    Has anybody tried joye tobacco liquid from thevapourstore?
    Also about airlines?
    Cheers
    Also I'm not a fan of tobacco liquids that taste like wet ashtrays (dekang) What about the vapourstore's tobacco range? Virginia, marlboro, flue cured... Do they taste like that or more like sweet caramelly stuff etc.? And who manufactures their liquids?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Mezamo wrote: »
    Thanks mewso :-) what's the difference between the two atomisers?? One is low resistance , is it any better?

I've only started trying a LR. I don't have any real need of them but the benefit I think is you don't have to draw as hard on them and of course the throat hit is slightly stronger. I haven't used the LR I have for long enough to know if it wicks well enough under the increased heat but the truth for me at the moment is that the standard does me fine.

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Hey lads. Has anyone tried the Joye tobacco liquid from thevapourstore? It says it's the same as the one that comes with 510 starter kit but is it the same as with ego starter kit?
    Also are there any problems bringing e-cig on the plane through customs (or whatever those people that searching through you belongings at the airport called:)) I'm going to carribeans for holidays and want to take my cig with me....

I haven't tried an eGo starter kit but if I was to guess I would say being Joye products that they are the same liquid. It's my current favorite anyway for a simple flavour with a good throat hit and thats even at 16mg as it is from vapour store. Last I looked they were out of 16mg though.

I've been through airports a couple of times now with e-liquid in the see-through liquid bag and battery/atomiser in my carry on with no issues whatsoever. I did keep atomiser unscrewed from the battery just in case it looks more threatening when together :)

I have even taken discreet puffs in-flight. Inhale, hold in and exhale through the nose downwards. Hardly noticeable but I suspect it would be a problem if they did spot it.

In any case for a long holiday I would pack all my stuff in the check-in bag.
    Also I'm not a fan of tobacco liquids that taste like wet ashtrays (dekang) What about the vapourstore's tobacco range? Virginia, marlboro, flue cured... Do they taste like that or more like sweet caramelly stuff etc.? And who manufactures their liquids?

Haven't tried anything other than their Tab and Marl but it's all dekang anyway isn't it. The Joye liquid is the only one from a different manufacturer bar their freedom stuff. I have little time for Dekang anymore so I have never bothered trying the Virginia and so on. The Marl used to be ok and I don't know if it's just me but the last batch I got was terrible and the Tab had gone down hill too so I'm not willing to risk it anymore.

Thanks sooo much for your answer.
    Looks like joye tobacco is out of stock now even 6mg:(
    I'm a little tired of fruity flavors at the moment and want some tobaccoish flavor. Just i don't want to buy liquid ashtray again:) I've tried dekang's Virginia and it was the worst thing I've ever inhaled. I was hoping thevapourstore's liquids are not dekang:(

Lads any idea on where else I can buy that joye tobacco liquid? Really want to try it in search for an all day vape.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lr306 atty arrived today, so far.. not enjoying it at all
    not noticing a flavour improvement, and the vapour is pretty harsh. wont write it off just yet, but i'm going back to the tank for the rest of the day. I think maybe the tank has ruined me for all other atomisers.

new ry4 liquid is kinda interesting.. i can imagine it taking a while to get used to the taste but at 12.50 for 30ml i'm going to make sure I god damn enjoy it. With the amount of juice the tank sucks up I need a cheaper alternative to the enjuice flavoured/lovely juices for all day vaping

Lads any idea on where else I can buy that joye tobacco liquid? Really want to try it in search for an all day vape.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/products/totally-wicked-eliquid/tw-titan-fluid/20ml-tw-titan-fluid-2-product.html

Unfortunately the bad delivery charges go with that but it's the same liquid I think. There has to be a china source that sells it but I'm not aware of it. Janty probably sell the same stuff but I can't be sure.

not noticing a flavour improvement, and the vapour is pretty harsh. wont write it off just yet, but i'm going back to the tank for the rest of the day. I think maybe the tank has ruined me for all other atomisers.
    I like my 306lr a lot. I think it's winning over my tank and 510lr. Same juice that taste just wright on 306 is very sweet on 510lr and tasteless on the tank....
    Vapor is just the same as on the 510lr IMO

hrm, maybe I got a bad atty.. or maybe it just needs time

or maybe i'm just a cranky bastard this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

mewso wrote: »
    Haven't tried anything other than their Tab and Marl but it's all dekang anyway isn't it. The Joye liquid is the only one from a different manufacturer bar their freedom stuff. I have little time for Dekang anymore so I have never bothered trying the Virginia and so on. The Marl used to be ok and I don't know if it's just me but the last batch I got was terrible and the Tab had gone down hill too so I'm not willing to risk it anymore.

i got a selection of Dekang tabaco flavoured juices from heavengifts recently. They all tasted the same to me and they were all ****e.....very disappointed when i tried them....going to stick with non-tobacco ones for the time being i think...

not noticing a flavour improvement, and the vapour is pretty harsh.

Cisco LR306 or standard LR306? The Cisco is great but I don't know about the standard in comparison.

• Advertisement

just the standard I think, not too bothered i only got the 306 to try it out to see if the flavour really was that much better.

just the standard I think, not too bothered i only got the 306 to try it out to see if the flavour really was that much better.

Sometimes the resistance can be a tad low on LR306s making for a slightly too harsh vape. Using it on the lowest voltage battery you can manage is the best bet. Smaller Ego batteries are probably what you've got to hand that fits the bill. What you want to do is partially charge the battery and not use the atomiser on a fully charged battery. This is because the voltage of a battery varies according to how charged it is. From 3.9V to 3.4V over the battery charge cycle for an Ego battery if I recall correctly.

Other than that, give it a few days and it should smooth out some bit. Sometimes they take a bit of breaking in for some reason. Break it in on partially charged batteries for a few days and see how you get on. Or charge the batteries fully, use a different atomiser for an hour or so and then switch to the 306. It's annoying and a hassle but it can work.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

Remember that every new atty is flooded with some untasty liquid.
    306 LR same like other LR attys must be verrryyy wet all the time.

What's different betwin Cisco 306 and Joye 306??

Opit wrote: »
    Remember that every new atty is flooded with some untasty liquid.
    306 LR same like other LR attys must be verrryyy wet all the time.

What's different betwin Cisco 306 and Joye 306??

Higher quality material resulting in slower heatup for better flavour and supposed longer life but as with all attys pinch of salt and all that. The result though is very good flavour and throat hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Ric.ie

So I'm considering buying my 70-year-old mother an e-cigarette kit; after 40 years, it's now impossible that she'll ever quit real cigarettes, and I'm hoping that they might have a positive impact on her health (smoker's cough, sense of smell, appetite suppression etc).

From skimming this thread and looking elsewhere, it seems like the 510 (Joye & Titan are interchangeable names for the same model?) is pretty standard for beginners - while the eGo simply can use a larger battery/atomiser, and USB charger.

However, I'm wary that she'll find some excuse not to try it - i.e. it's too heavy, difficult to draw from, tastes like cack - so is the 510 ideal for someone like her to try?

Also, any recommendations on the best starter pack deal on an Irish or British site? I've browsed 5-6, but I'm finding it hard to decide which ones are best (# of atomisers, manual/automatic batteries, flavours, strength etc). She smokes light cigarettes, but I'm not sure how that transfers over to e-cigarettes - maybe people try a stronger dose of nicotine when first trying e-cigarettes to compensate for the difference?

Ric.ie wrote: »
    So I'm considering buying my 70-year-old mother an e-cigarette kit; after 40 years, it's now impossible that she'll ever quit real cigarettes, and I'm hoping that they might have a positive impact on her health (smoker's cough, sense of smell, appetite suppression etc).

From skimming this thread and looking elsewhere, it seems like the 510 (Joye & Titan are interchangeable names for the same model?) is pretty standard for beginners - while the eGo simply can use a larger battery/atomiser, and USB charger.

However, I'm wary that she'll find some excuse not to try it - i.e. it's too heavy, difficult to draw from, tastes like cack - so is the 510 ideal for someone like her to try?

Also, any recommendations on the best starter pack deal on an Irish or British site? I've browsed 5-6, but I'm finding it hard to decide which ones are best (# of atomisers, manual/automatic batteries, flavours, strength etc). She smokes light cigarettes, but I'm not sure how that transfers over to e-cigarettes - maybe people try a stronger dose of nicotine when first trying e-cigarettes to compensate for the difference?

The only problem with nicotine strength is that it also has a bearing on the throat hit which for many folks is a greater help than the actual nicotine when making the switch. Regardless I would recommend you buy a starter kit that contains cartridges of different strengths. Most probably do but I would email the vendor and ask if it is not stated. Explain why you want them and you will find most vendors very helpful. My favorite site in the UK, Liberty Flights, is selling the 510 pack at £29.99 which aint bad and I would expect them to be very helpful if you email them as they have a good rep. Not forgetting the Vapour Store either. Slightly more expensive but they are very responsive to emails too and the next day delivery is great.

Found this site. honeyvillevapor.com It's in usa. They offer 5ml juices now for 0.30 cents! I've ordered 12 juices, paid 8 euro in total with delivery! They say it's usa/italy made stuff, so no Chinese crap. Hope it's good:)

is my LR306 supposed to get so hot? after only vaping once or twice with it, 2-3 drags.. it's uncomfortably hot.. never noticed that with my lr510's.. a little bit with the tank when the atty wasn't performing as well as it should

is my LR306 supposed to get so hot? after only vaping once or twice with it, 2-3 drags.. it's uncomfortably hot.. never noticed that with my lr510's.. a little bit with the tank when the atty wasn't performing as well as it should

The hotness is related to the low resistance. Lower resistance = more heat. Run with a lower voltage battery to get around this.

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    The only problem with nicotine strength is that it also has a bearing on the throat hit which for many folks is a greater help than the actual nicotine when making the switch. Regardless I would recommend you buy a starter kit that contains cartridges of different strengths. Most probably do but I would email the vendor and ask if it is not stated. Explain why you want them and you will find most vendors very helpful. My favorite site in the UK, Liberty Flights, is selling the 510 pack at £29.99 which aint bad and I would expect them to be very helpful if you email them as they have a good rep. Not forgetting the Vapour Store either. Slightly more expensive but they are very responsive to emails too and the next day delivery is great.

I must echo Mewso's comments regarding the vapour store. I had a faulty battery from my ego-t kit. I emailed them and they replaced it straight away, they even sent a stamped addressed envelope to return the faulty one back to them. Its not always soley down to price, service is also important. Fair play to the vapour store +1 on service!

Advertisement