Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

I got it from the vapourstore and it looks like they say its the standard battery online, ah well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

strobe wrote: »
    Could we maybe get a sub forum for this stuff btw? This thread is an absolute nightmare to try and dig through. Think there is definitely a demand for one as this thread alone is busier than a lot of full forums on boards.ie.

There was a request thread posted but not enough support I assume. Maybe as more people try it a separate forum might get the support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

mewso wrote: »
    There was a request thread posted but not enough support I assume. Maybe as more people try it a separate forum might get the support.

had i been aware of it, i would have given my support :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

i wonder what the latest legal situation is in ireland and uk. seeing they're now being sold in pharmacies :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Have you a link to the forum request thread? ,I went looking and couldn't find it.It's time to BUMP it tbh ,theres a lot of stupid forums with less traffic like "The first class lounge" ,posters here make a couple of posts each per week.It deserves it's own forum ,we can have sticky's on liquid ,e-cig's and atty's.This Thread is too long for people to read now ,WAY TOO LONG ,for people that are starting off!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Have you a link to the forum request thread? ,I went looking and couldn't find it.It's time to BUMP it tbh ,theres a lot of stupid forums with less traffic like "The first class lounge" ,posters here make a couple of posts each per week.It deserves it's own forum ,we can have sticky's on liquid ,e-cig's and atty's.This Thread is too long for people to read now ,WAY TOO LONG ,for people that are starting off!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055986688

Bumped by strobe already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

new tank atty and cappucino flavour juice arrived this morning :)
    enjoying both. previous atomiser was still working ok, but I am noticing a hell of a difference using the new one.

do atomisers go bad if left out? should I put my old one in a zip lock bag and store it somewhere so I can break it out later if it's needed?

do atomisers go bad if left out? should I put my old one in a zip lock bag and store it somewhere so I can break it out later if it's needed?

No idea. I know most of them come with some kind of protecting liquid in them when you buy them which is presumably to keep them good for transport but I always assumed that was precautionary and that it wasn't that necessary to store them in any particular way. Then again I have so many I don't really care too much if some of them fail due to bad storage.

I think you could just as easily put the difference down to one being faulty and the other working properly. They are terribly unreliable when it comes down to it.

hrm
    i think I'll just give the old one a bath in hot water, leave it out to dry and then wrap it up in a ziplock bag and put it in a drawer. no real reason not to, not gona throw it out if it's not completely broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

wingnut32 wrote: »
    I got it from the vapourstore and it looks like they say its the standard battery online, ah well.

Just got mine this morning aswell....same boat as yourself...hadn't noticed it said standard battery....lovely vape though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

hrm
    i think I'll just give the old one a bath in hot water, leave it out to dry and then wrap it up in a ziplock bag and put it in a drawer. no real reason not to, not gona throw it out if it's not completely broken.

ahhhh. Don't immerse the thing with the electrical connections in water. :eek:

What happens to them when they 'go bad'? Do they just stop heating up at all or do they just not vapourise the liquid as well as they should? If it's the latter they are probably just getting a build-up of residue on them. Try pouring a little distilled (white) vinegar or pure acetic acid if you happen to have some over the 'wick' and leaving it to sit for a half an hour. Then get an ear bud thing or pipe cleaner in there and give it a scrubbing. Then mix a bit of baking soda with water and pour a small bit in and scrub around with that for a second. Then rinse the baking soda/water solution out with a little drop of (soft or distilled) water and leave it to dry out (or better yet get a hair dryer to dry it out quick). Clean as a whistle.

That's if residue build up is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

ahhhh. Don't immerse the thing with the electrical connections in water.

It's interesting, because I do so all the time when I want change the flavor.
    You can't damage atty by cleaning it under tap water believe me.
    Fast cleaning under tap, good blowing :D, 5 drops of eliquid and is ready to go. It's safe.

i dont know if it's the new atomiser, or the juice itself.. but the combination of the new atty and cappucino flavoured juice is just *so* *so* good
    i've been vaping it continously all day. got a 5ml bottle at 10am and it's just about half used now
    i want to test some of the other liquids I have with the new atty, but I can't stop with this cappucino!

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Opit wrote: »
    S
    Can't wait to get RY4 and 100000ml of Silk Cut.

Just put in an order for those 2 flavours myself tonight :D
    Oh and someone said about the vapour store increasing the price of the tank...Joye are responsible for that. They're dictating to the resellers as to how much to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Is Silk Cut any good? What does it taste like?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Does anyone know how long a delivery from Ok Smokey usually takes, I ordered some liquids on Saturday, got an dispatch email on Monday but no sign of it yet?

Edit - Arrived today, cant wait to taste some Amber Leaf and Golden Virginia!

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Is Silk Cut any good? What does it taste like?

I really like Silk Cut. Is a very gentle flavor. I can't wait what O'Prez will say about it, but I'm sure he will not be disappointed.
    There is 20% discount code for those liquids so you can use this - PREMIUM :p

I really like Silk Cut. Is a very gentle flavor. I can't wait what O'Prez will say about it, but I'm sure he will not be disappointed.

How do you change your delivery address on the best shop? Can only see a change invoice address.

Now he tells me!!! :mad: hahahahaha :P

O'Prez wrote: »
    Now he tells me!!! :mad: hahahahaha :P

Did you get an email from them yesterday ?
    How do you change your delivery address on the best shop? Can only see a change invoice address.

Quick contact by http://www.thebestshop.eu/contact-us/info_2.html and now every one can change delivery address when checkout.

• Advertisement

Did you get an email from them yesterday ?
    I did...and now that I've re-read it I've noticed the discount code :( I got a bit excited and rushed into ordering hahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Count1

Ive added to it also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kitty25

Hi All. I am new on that forum. I think about buying e-cigarette. I found one that I really like - LEO Royal - see http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=63
    Has really nice design. Has anyone tried it?

kitty25 wrote: »
    Hi All. I am new on that forum. I think about buying e-cigarette. I found one that I really like - LEO Royal - see http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=63

Has some good reviews but as it's essentially an 801 atomiser to the best of my knowledge I was never that interested but I imagine anyone who likes the 801 would appreciate the looks and battery life. Of course the other question is are you really interested in the procduct or simply trying to advertise the site?

Penstyle atomizer is worst I've ever tried. Hopefuly there is some improove in Boge LEO Royal.
    Other thing is that you can't vape during charging by USB so it's not like eGo USB battery (unfortunately).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 kitty25

Has some good reviews but as it's essentially an 801 atomiser to the best of my knowledge I was never that interested but I imagine anyone who likes the 801 would appreciate the looks and battery life. Of course the other question is are you really interested in the procduct or simply trying to advertise the site?

Thanks for reply. I was hoped to get opinion from someone who already tried that model. As I said, I like design. I won't know, If I don't try. I think I'll take a risk.
    BTW I am accountant - not a marketing person:)

Thanks for reply. I was hoped to get opinion from someone who already tried that model. As I said, I like design. I won't know, If I don't try. I think I'll take a risk.
    BTW I am accountant - not a marketing person:)

I had a version of the 801 and I thought it was complete rubbish.Get the joye eGo if you're starting off ,it's off putting to people when they try the e-cig and it's not very good ,trust me I have wasted money on a few trying to find a good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

I bought the eGo T offer and one of the 650ma batterys does not work. It flashed a number of times on the first press of the button and has not worked since. Has anyone had this issue?
    Thanks.

dubguy45 wrote: »
    I bought the eGo T offer and one of the 650ma batterys does not work. It flashed a number of times on the first press of the button and has not worked since. Has anyone had this issue?
    Thanks.

The new battery needs to be switched on I think with 5 clicks it's a new feature ,does it charge? if it does it should be ok

• Advertisement

dubguy45 wrote: »
    Thanks.

The other possibility is that it needs charging as rapid flashes indicates battery is dead. Have you tried charging it?

Advertisement