Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

It does charge and show green but no go even after 5 presses. I think I counted 7 when it failed.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

dubguy45 wrote: »
    It does charge and show green but no go even after 5 presses. I think I counted 7 when it failed.
    Thanks.
    The Joye eGo-T 900mAh battery come with "eGo-T logo" and "5-click protection". Generally, the battery is shipped in the off position. In off position, the eGo-T will not function even when pressing the button. To turn on battery, press manual button 5 times within 2 seconds. You will see white LED flash. To turn off battery, press manual button 5 times within 2 second as well, the white LED will flash! "5-click protection" can protect the battery from being activated when you do not want or do not use it.

5 times in 2 seconds ,if that doesn't work it's faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Yes its faulty. Im having no luck with these things.
    Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Hey lads. Are there any places in Ireland where i can get 901LR attys? I've heard they are better than 510LR taste-wise, is it true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

Just a quick note to anyone who may have bought the Jasper and Jasper one, I emailed the pharmacy where I bought it to express my disappointment and I got my money refunded:)

• Advertisement

O'Prez, have you tried those two liquids yet? Interested in hearing your opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Nonamigo wrote: »
    O'Prez, have you tried those two liquids yet? Interested in hearing your opinion...

I've been vaping the RY4 today....full of flavour, nice and smooth and loads of vapour. I vaped 1ml of the Silky earlier. Not bad but nothing like actual Silk Cut. It kinda has a hint of DK Tab and Hillington to it..nice and smooth too though and again with loads of vapour.

I think i'll switch to sweet/coffee juices for now. Can anyone recommend anything like that? Using Ego with 510LR if that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Mmm, just got some FlavourArt flavours for mixing. Oh my are they lovely. Quite strong too which is exactly what the doctor ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Opit

nesf wrote: »
    Mmm, just got some FlavourArt flavours for mixing. Oh my are they lovely. Quite strong too which is exactly what the doctor ordered!
    What about ProVari?

• Advertisement

Opit wrote: »
    What about ProVari?

Just arrived today. :D

Been playing around with it, being able to precisely control voltage is really sweet. Really gives you a lot more control over the performance of the atomiser. 6V with High Resistance 901s is sweet, 3.4V is lovely with LR Cisco 301s and 3.9V almost makes a Totally Wicked LR 501 tolerable!

Nonamigo wrote: »
    I think i'll switch to sweet/coffee juices for now. Can anyone recommend anything like that? Using Ego with 510LR if that helps...

There is a lots of sweet fruits flavors every where and cappuccino as well.
    Still have not found any good coffee. Best one is my DIY coffee blend with brendy and vanilla cream.
    Just arrived today. biggrin.gif

Been playing around with it, being able to precisely control voltage is really sweet. Really gives you a lot more control over the performance of the atomiser. 6V with High Resistance 901s is sweet, 3.4V is lovely with LR Cisco 301s and 3.9V almost makes a Totally Wicked LR 501 tolerable!

I can agree with you.
    My list is (for best taste):
    1. 510 Cartomizer (regular one with 4,7V or LR one with 3,6V)
    2. DSE HV 901
    3. Joye LR 306
    4. DSE 901
    5. Joye 510 - is no point to use LR 510 with ProVari if I can adjust voltage :cool:
    6. Joye eGo-T - have tried 3 of them with no good taste experience
    7. All penstyle attys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Hey kids, I need to re-juice, couple of questions.

1. Has anyone ordered from enjuice.co.uk? Any problems? How long did it take to arrive? (I know I should probably to order from an Irish company but they have a much bigger selection of flavours).

2. What's the deal with the 'Premium Liquids'? For the base liquid they offer three options. 'Crystal Pure' (Pure PG and flavour), Premium (PG, VG, flavour mix) and Satin Smooth (80% VG less than 7% PG). What's the deal with that? Has anyone tried the different combinations and know what difference they would make?

Thanks.

strobe wrote: »
    Hey kids, I need to re-juice, couple of questions.

1. Has anyone ordered from enjuice.co.uk? Any problems? How long did it take to arrive? (I know I should probably to order from an Irish company but they have a much bigger selection of flavours).

2. What's the deal with the 'Premium Liquids'? For the base liquid they offer three options. 'Crystal Pure' (Pure PG and flavour), Premium (PG, VG, flavour mix) and Satin Smooth (80% VG less than 7% PG). What's the deal with that? Has anyone tried the different combinations and know what difference they would make?

Thanks.

1) Ordered from them many times. Order on the weekend, arrives in Cork on Thursday almost always unless I go for super cheap postage, then it's Friday.

2) Value Vape liquids are the Premium mix (VG/PG) except using Chinese nicotine juice instead of European sourced nicotine juice. You pay extra for EU controls basically.

A rough guide:

Mostly PG = Not that much vapour, loads of throat hit.
    Mostly VG = Loads of vapour, not much throat hit.
    PG/VG mix = In between. My personal preference for juice.

There is a lots of sweet fruits flavors every where and cappuccino as well.
    Still have not found any good coffee. Best one is my DIY coffee blend with brendy and vanilla cream.

ENJuice's Coffee Supreme is quite a decent coffee.

Quick question to those that bought the provari ,how long does it last? is it worth the investment?

I don't want to spend 150 euro on one and it dies in 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Just a quick update, Im off the analogues a week today and loving me ry4 e liquid. I was thinking of trying the halo menthol ice...any opinions on that e juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

What does it cost to substitute e cigs for a 30 a day smoker?

What does it cost to substitute e cigs for a 30 a day smoker?

That's about 40-60€/month average. 50-60ml of eliquid, some cartridges, cartomizers, one or two atomizers and from time to time new battery.

Quick question to those that bought the provari ,how long does it last? is it worth the investment?

I don't want to spend 150 euro on one and it dies in 2 months.

Had to say since it's so new. Thing is, it's basically a tube with some electronics in it. The batteries are the main thing that die in the likes of an Ego or Tornado rather than the switch. So the life of the e-cig should be pretty good I think. Time will tell though.

• Advertisement

12 month warranty speaks for itself. Battery is very cheap. I got two of ProVape 1100mAh and I bought two 1400mAh protected TrustFire of eBay for only 5€ each incl. shipping.

12 month warranty speaks for itself. Battery is very cheap. I got two of ProVape 1100mAh and I bought two 1400mAh protected TrustFire of eBay for only 5€ each incl. shipping.

Cheers guys ,what exactly will I need to buy this ,does it come with spare batteries ,charger etc..? ,which is the best atty ,I saw your list I just don't know which one to pick:)

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Just a quick update, Im off the analogues a week today and loving me ry4 e liquid. I was thinking of trying the halo menthol ice...any opinions on that e juice

Halo menthol ice is a nice liquid but for me it didn't give much throat hit ,I prefer the standard menthol from the vapourstore ,far more throat hit

Cheers guys ,what exactly will I need to buy this ,does it come with spare batteries ,charger etc..? ,which is the best atty ,I saw your list I just don't know which one to pick:)
    No, 159$ is ProVari only, no batterys, no charger, no atomizers. You have to get them seperatly (on Provape.com as well). ProVari+2x 1100mAh batteries+1x charger+shipping is about 210$ (~160€).
    Atomizers - I am big fan of Boge 510 cartomizers with 510 drip tip for easy refillinig.
    With ProVari you don't need LR atomizers or cartomizer as you can increase voltage for regular one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I'm assuming self mixing juices works out cheaper than buying premixed ones, is it much cheaper..i.e. worth it??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Gryzor wrote: »
    I'm assuming self mixing juices works out cheaper than buying premixed ones, is it much cheaper..i.e. worth it??

I personally decided it wasn't really worth it. I would recommend giving it a go though as you might enjoy coming up with various concoctions. I prefer to simply find a flavour I like and stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

bit of good news from across the pond, looks likes like a ban if there will be one is another 2 years down the road....more research to be done...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

ordered some coffee supreme and peach iced tea from enjuice this afternoon

now i play the waiting game.. dont have any coffee flavours left and it's all I want to taste when I vape

i got creme brulee and marathon (snickers) from enjuice today....yuk...:(
    I'm sick of spending money on juices that taste so horrible. I have the whole box of liquids that i've bought/made and don't like...hope steeping will help. I still have 30ml of Marlboro juice that i got with my first e-cig, it's 2 month old now...and still taste like crap. I think i need to try Joye tobacco flavor from thevapourstore...

• Advertisement

mewso wrote: »
    I personally decided it wasn't really worth it. I would recommend giving it a go though as you might enjoy coming up with various concoctions. I prefer to simply find a flavour I like and stick with it.

I have yet to come across anyone that enjoys the mixing thing ,it's just hassle tbh

Advertisement