Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Just completed 2-1(armoured spider)which level should I tackle next?tried 1-2 but kept getting cooked by the dragon as I went across the wall.

Actually getting across the bridge is easy pesy just unequip your shield stick on the ring of flame resistance and the ring that helps you take less HP damage (forget what it's called) time it right and you will only get hit once by the flame. Sorted:cool:

Oh yeah and bloody sprint for your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

weiland79 wrote: »
    Actually getting across the bridge is easy pesy just unequip your shield stick on the ring of flame resistance and the ring that helps you take less HP damage (forget what it's called) time it right and you will only get hit once by the flame. Sorted:cool:

Oh yeah and bloody sprint for your life.

Dont think I have either of those rings,just the cling ring and posion resistance ring.Will check later to make sure that I have d left them in storage

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Dont think I have either of those rings,just the cling ring and posion resistance ring.Will check later to make sure that I have d left them in storage

What way are you playing it. I am playing it 1-1 2-1 3-1 etc and then back around to 1-2 2-2 etc. It seems to be working for me but others will tell you different. To each his own i suppose.
    I found doing it this way that i've come across some pretty useful items.

What way are you playing it. I am playing it 1-1 2-1 3-1 etc and then back around to 1-2 2-2 etc. It seems to be working for me but others will tell you different. To each his own i suppose.
    I found doing it this way that i've come across some pretty useful items.
    Strangely enough I've done 1-1,2-1 and have just started 3-1(I think,started the one in the tower with all the prisoners).So might just keep going that way!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmm i did 1.1 1.2 2.1 now

I hate that prison world, it is creepy as hell... Will do secomd part of mines now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

hmmm I really like the prison level. The 5th world I hated, Valley of Defilement, there's this constant buzzing that gets annoying and everything seems to kill you. The bosses are simple in it though. I suggest leaving it to untill almost last.

hmmm I really like the prison level..
    Me too.Love the way some of the prisoners have been put inside jars with just their heads showing.

The magic users are lethal if you dont get the first attack in!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

those squid headers are annoying, thats why i hate it :D

it was real beggining when i came up there and i was a warrior with no magics or range. So it was lololol for those bastords :D

ill try to get in there now as i got a bow etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Kill the squid guys by not making them aware of you and killing them from behind with the special move. Never failed me. The only one that really annoyed me is the guy on the stair case but a bit of magic sorts him out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

anyone interested in some soul sucking am lvl 169 i think and on euro version.
    want a 712 character before servers are down this year. really enjoy this game think ill still play it when servers are down. its a pity they are going down. PSN id is kraken234 also if anyone needs a hand with a lvl let me know.

The squid guy on stairs is hard to take down but if you run upbehind hime with thiefs ring and back stab him most of the time he falls off the stairs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

when are the servers going down?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

not too sure mid year i think but might be sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Also - and I know it's a dirty, dirty tactic - I'm considering making the Scraping Spear. I'm sick of being invaded in Latria and from now on I'm going to keep it on me to really ruin some armour.
    It's maddening: almost every time I enter Latria I'm invaded where it seldom happens in other worlds. Latria is already bad enough without straining to see some BP against the darkness.

Its actually the one level i've been invaded the least, discounting the boss. you really want to screw with invaders, spam acid cloud. Waaay more effective than the spear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Its actually the one level i've been invaded the least, discounting the boss. you really want to screw with invaders, spam acid cloud. Waaay more effective than the spear.

Is it strange that I've never been invaded? I've only played about 20 hours but it's all been online. Do you get protected from black phantoms if you're low level?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

rickyjb wrote: »
    Is it strange that I've never been invaded? I've only played about 20 hours but it's all been online. Do you get protected from black phantoms if you're low level?

If you're in soul form, you don't get invaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Also, there doesnt tend to be as much invading at lower levels. You can only invade someone with roughly the same level as you (theres a way to calculate the range of the levels but I forget it)

penev10 wrote: »
    Also, there doesnt tend to be as much invading at lower levels. You can only invade someone with roughly the same level as you (theres a way to calculate the range of the levels but I forget it)

I think you have to be within a +/-10 level difference to be able to invade/join in multiplayer.

Yeah, roughly. It gets wider the higher the level you are.

Heres a calculator

http://www.demonssouls.info/level-range.php

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Disco Damo

You can't get invaded if you are in soul form at all, and you can only be invaded by people who are a similar level to you (the range is about 10 percent of you level plus 10 levels, approx).

penev10 wrote: »
    Also, there doesnt tend to be as much invading at lower levels.

Not as common now but before you'd get guys who collected all the best weapons avalible then delevel themselves and invade to kick newbs ass's with a dragon mirdan+5 or north regalia. I remember bumping into 1 guy as soon as i just killed phalanx who must've had the adjudicators shield+5 along with the dragon mirdan+5, spent 5 minutes dodging and slashing any damage i did with my base character just seemed to regenerate after a few secs. Gave up in the end and he 1 shotted me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Finally on my first proper playthrough of this, just one question. Should I beat all the bosses in soul form or does it matter? I've read somewhere that dying in body form does something to the world and to not mess with it if you don't know what you're doing.

If you get killed by the boss, it doesn't affect world tendency. Main thing about body form is summoning 2 others to help you. Best read the below, took me a while to get my head around world tendency.

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dying in body form gives the world more dark world tendency. Do it too much and you'll be fighting harder enemies. Best is to go in and try to learn their patterns. If you need that extra bit of health of need some blue phantoms to help you then go into body form. If you need blue phantoms you'll have to pick them up at the start of the level and run the risk of being invaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

F1ngers wrote: »
    If you're in soul form, you don't get invaded.

It won't be an issue for me then!:D

I did think however that if you were in body form and got killed when you went back to where you died straight away you would get back to body form, is that not the case?

When I killed the Armor Spider I went back to the Nexus in body form to spend my souls then straight back to 3-2 for a look. Fell off those platforms and killed myself but ran straight back to my bloodstain. Even though I got the few souls I had collected back I didn't get put back into body form??

It won't be an issue for me then!:D

I did think however that if you were in body form and got killed when you went back to where you died straight away you would get back to body form, is that not the case?

No, you die - you're dead. There are ways to get your life back though.
    When I killed the Armor Spider I went back to the Nexus in body form to spend my souls then straight back to 3-2 for a look. Fell off those platforms and killed myself but ran straight back to my bloodstain. Even though I got the few souls I had collected back I didn't get put back into body form??

By killing a Demon you get your life back - if you then die, you stay dead til you kill another Demon or use a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Even though I got the few souls I had collected back I didn't get put back into body form??

Been a while since i played but i think the 2 ways to get back into body form is:

1. Kill a boss
    2. Use a Stone of Ephemeral Eyes

F1ngers beat me to it :)

For some reason the WT is black at the momement,so the first gate in the Boletarian castle was open. I went through and managed to kill the black phantom. I got the brushwood helmet and shield but the rest was too heavy for me to carry. I went back to the Nexus to offload some gear but when i came back to B castle the rest of the armour was gone. Is it gone for good now?

Now that the WT is black is there anywhere else of note i should go to?

Also i got a clear demons soul. Who should i give this to?

Oh and now i see what is meant by harder enemies when WT is black. These guy's are killing me with one hit. Any tips guy's

For some reason the WT is black at the momement,so the first gate in the Boletarian castle was open. I went through and managed to kill the black phantom. I got the brushwood helmet and shield but the rest was too heavy for me to carry. I went back to the Nexus to offload some gear but when i came back to B castle the rest of the armour was gone. Is it gone for good now?
    I know the treasures can move soemtimes, especially if they fall over the edge of something. Maybe try just inside the door of the dungeon where you fought the executioner.
    Now that the WT is black is there anywhere else of note i should go to??
    There should be soem more Demons like the one you got the colourless soul from. I think theres one in 1-2 and maybe 1-4
    This is used by the blacksmith in 2-1 to upgrade certain items
    Oh and now i see what is meant by harder enemies when WT is black. These guy's are killing me with one hit. Any tips guy's
    Level up! Should be easier to do so as they will give you more souls the harder they are.

Now that the WT is black is there anywhere else of note i should go to?

Yep its gone. If you picked it up and dropped because of weight, it'll be gone on the next load. always handy to have the ring of herculean strength for situations like that. Armours too bloody heavy anyway, and its got a severe stamina penalty. It is possible to pick it up elsewhere later.

If 1-3 is open, go there and go through the portcullis if you opened them, there'll be a primevil demon(drops colorless soul) around there, although if you did kill miralda you won't be pure black anymore.

Personaly the colorless demons soul is more important. There's a max of 9 if these throughout the playthrough. Some unique weapons use the colorless soul to upgrade, i.e. adjudicators shield, the more colorless souls you put into it the quicker the health regen. Also there's a miracle that requires 3 colorless souls, if you want the plat you'll need it.

• Advertisement

I see the archstone for the Bol castle is white again. Why is this?

sh!t now stonefang is white again i'm guessing because i killed the Demon with the clear soul.

Advertisement