Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 tiptoe shortbread

03046290 wrote: »
    Thanks tiptoe.

Was going to point them at 6 each which is a bit OTT. But I think I will take your advice :D

I might be WAY under pointing them but I might have them 4 times a year and would most likely use my weekly points for them anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭StrawberryJazz

PinkChick wrote: »
    Just wondering what people actually eat. I am on 29 points. I use 6 for breakfast, and usually aim for 8 or 9 for lunch and around 10 or 11 for dinner. But wondering what people are actually eating for lunch in particular. Trying to find low point, filling lunches that don't require too much shopping or too much effort! I bring my lunch in but I need it to be quick to make if I want to keep it up.
    !

I love throwing some fresh water prawns on top of shredded lettuce, carrots, tomatoes... any veg lying around the house. It's really filling and with a splash of seafood sauce only ever comes to about 4-5 pp. Great for lunch boxes too.

I suppose you could do the same with some leftover chicken if you dont like fish.:)

Now that low fat cooking spray is pointed I'm back to the olive oil.
    However, if Im cooking a family dinner and am frying 5 or 6 chicken breasts, using only one tbs of oil...do I count the pp seeing as Im only really having a tiny portion of it....

I know its only one point but I am curious!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Starrgrrl

Hi again! Hoping someone out there knows the approximate pp value of nasi goreng, the Indonesian fried rice dish? Alot I'd guess but it's so yum. A portion of special fried rice is a massive 23 Propoints. So I'll go by that unless somebody here knows better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

down 1 1/2 pound at my WI this morning, wasnt expecting a loss this week cos I knew I hadnt been tracking properly. Gonna step it up this week and eat some fruit - that was my big mistake this week. Have about five stone to lose so really should be having bigger losses in the first few weeks, anyway I know where I fell down and know what I have to do this week, whether I do it or not it up to moi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

I have my first WI tonight on PP plan...really hope I'm down! Have been really good all week, we got take away over the weekend but used weekly points for that & haven't had any alcohol in 2 weeks!

My OH weighed himself last Monday (10th) and weighed himself today and he was down 9lb...he's following PP plan with me but not going to classes. It's much easier having someone supporting you with it....I find when we're both being good it's better as we're not being swayed to dial a chinese as easily!!

Well here's hoping for a good result tonight :)

Just had my WI, 1.5 pounds down, slightly disappointed cos I thought I'd get the 2 but onwards and upwards I spose.....I'd bought the roasted peanut bars before I got weighed and not 3 points for one seems like kind of a waste!

Starrgrrl, I'd go for a minimum of 20 poinds for the nasi goreng, most of the thai dishes in eating out guide are 20 points and upwards.....

Well done Birdie aswell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭A lemon

You know the M&S "count on us foods" that have "points" listed on them? Are they updated to match Pro Points or are they based on the old WW points system?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Down 1lb this week.

Very surprised about this seeing as I went overboard with drink last Thursday and in my hungover state on Friday went 5 points over. Due to a variety of reasons the rest of the week wasn't much better. Delighted :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

A lemon wrote: »
    You know the M&S "count on us foods" that have "points" listed on them? Are they updated to match Pro Points or are they based on the old WW points system?

Some of them are some of them aren't. They're in a transition stage like the WW products and they're on special offer atm. It should say pro points on them. I got a meal there last week and it said 10 pro points on the back of it while the old ones will just say points

Eabha x

• Advertisement

However, if Im cooking a family dinner and am frying 5 or 6 chicken breasts, using only one tbs of oil...do I count the pp seeing as Im only really having a tiny portion of it....

I know its only one point but I am curious!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Argos have all the Tefel frying pans on offer at the moment. I think the sale ends in a few days. I fry my chicken in a bit of water in a non stick, and it turns out perfectly! I'm getting a 26cm (standard size ) tefel fying pan tomorrow for 13 euro! its down from 30! I would still choose low fat spray over olive oil if i had to choose.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=26cm+tefel&authToken=

just finished 40 mins on treadmill....I was watching LOST while doing it...i was so focused on trying to follow the story the 40 mins flew....and i'm wrecked...so hopefully i'll get another good night sleep tonight!

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Argos have all the Tefel frying pans on offer at the moment. I think the sale ends in a few days. I fry my chicken in a bit of water in a non stick, and it turns out perfectly! I'm getting a 26cm (standard size ) tefel fying pan tomorrow for 13 euro! its down from 30! I would still choose low fat spray over olive oil if i had to choose.

Thanks! I know it's silly but I hate wasting even one point a day...

I know its only one point but I am curious!:confused:

I think I'd rather over point a tiny bit than under point and all those under points add up to loosing nothing. If that makes sense....

I think I'd rather over point a tiny bit than under point and all those under points add up to loosing nothing. If that makes sense....

Totally, when I first started I was shocked to see that just one teaspoon of sugar in your tea could add up to at least 7 old points a week if you just had one cup every day! It's worth being a little bit pedantic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭smileyface1

humm- did a sneaky weigh in today...( did one Tuesday too)
    My usual weight in is Sat btw.

Tuesday- down 2 lbs! hurray down to 146.2!
    Today 151 ..then again 5 min later 148.8..don't understand!
    Its an electronic scales...

Gutted- felt a bit deflated all day. Was meant to exercise now but just don't feel like it- instead had a slice of toast with cheddar...( 5 old point) it was the last piece of bread so then had a totilla wrap with cheese ( folded up and toasted)
    Dont feel any better for it and now I only have 1.5 pts for dinner....boo

Dont like this- gutted! I was all game on to reach my goal of 145 this week
    think just having a bad day...and have been working really hard at it for the last 20 days so maybe a night off...curl up on the couch and chill out is in order...

Sorry for my moan....

PS just re-weighted...148.2!!! hahaha think its time for the bin Mr Scales

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Hey all, haven't really posted here before but I'm just back from my first weigh in and I've lost 4lbs!! I'm delighted, especially as the new plan is supposed to mean that you're losing actual fat, rather than just water and/or muscle.

I have to say, I'm a big fan of it. Those weeklies are a lifesaver. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Just had my WI, 1.5 pounds down, slightly disappointed cos I thought I'd get the 2 but onwards and upwards I spose.....I'd bought the roasted peanut bars before I got weighed and not 3 points for one seems like kind of a waste!

Starrgrrl, I'd go for a minimum of 20 poinds for the nasi goreng, most of the thai dishes in eating out guide are 20 points and upwards.....

Well done Birdie aswell....

Congrats m'dear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Bernso

Well done everyone. I'm finding the chicken stirfrys the best. using curry powder, tin tomatoes, lots of veg and 5pp worth of chicken and am stuffed after.
    LOVING the no points am banana and fruit all day too.
    Really wanna clarify the 0 points soup thing as I;m still using stock but counting as 0.

I'm having fairly hefty dental surgery tomorrow so hoping that that will keep me from eating crap and on track for WI 1 next Tuesday.
    Like a muzzle effect for the mouth if you will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Garden_Gurl

So went for my first WI on PP and was down....7lb!!! :D:D:D Silver 7 on my first week :D:D:D

Ecstactic to say the least....I dint even feel like I was on much of a diet this week! I've had my treats but haven't over indulged and am eating loads more fruit....am really really loving the PP plan!!

Going into my second week with so much optism...writing this so i can check it out in a couple of weeks when I'm sure I'll be having a bad day and will need to remember how I feel tonight :D

• Advertisement

I'm going out tomorrow night and am so worried about keeping in my points!
    I'm not a heavy drinker but all the same my sweet tooth is huge!

What drink should you keep to?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Carolineonecat

Well done, excellent results. I lost 3. Lb first week and 1 lb this week.. I do like the pro points..keep up the great work !!

Thanks Bernso, congrats to all the other weight losers aswell. smileyface I did a sneaky weigh in on Tuesday morning and was lower than I was today, think that's why I was disappointed but as one of the girls in work doing ww reminded me, they say you can loose up to 2 pounds a week so I've essentially lost 3/4 of that this week....so I stopped moaning....used 3 of my last weekly points for this week on a coffee and 1/2 a curly wurly (split with himself...) as my weigh in day treat and am all set for tomorrow.....

Loving the pro points I think.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Had mad cravings for chipper pizza and chips so gave into temptation after weigh in last night (down 3lb).

Shared a 12 inch very very thin pizza with pepperoni and 1 chips with the OH.

Any idea on what the pro points for that would be?

Hope I havent f***ed up my good work. Dont have gym membership but going to go to the gym tomorrow for an hour and try and make up. Also weekend, have to have my few drinks and nibbles, so will prob use all of the weeklies this week, do you think that will have much of an effect?

My WW leader said if you eat all your dailies and weeklies that its nearly like eating when your on maintenance....

Monife wrote: »
    Had mad cravings for chipper pizza and chips so gave into temptation after weigh in last night (down 3lb).

Hope I havent f***ed up my good work. Dont have gym membership but going to go to the gym tomorrow for an hour and try and make up. Also weekend, have to have my few drinks and nibbles, so will prob use all of the weeklies this week, do you think that will have much of an effect?

My WW leader said if you eat all your dailies and weeklies that its nearly like eating when your on maintenance....

A small chipper chips is 14 pp, not sure what a large one is or the pizza though, hth....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

Ok so planning on having a bombay pantry (Indian) take away tomorrow night ..

Any advice on what would be the healthiest options ?

I don't often get takeaways, indian in particular so any pointers or advice is much appreciated .. :D

Ok so planning on having a bombay pantry (Indian) take away tomorrow night ..

Any advice on what would be the healthiest options ?

I don't often get takeaways, indian in particular so any pointers or advice is much appreciated .. :D

I got the eating out guide today, what do you normally have and I'll tell you the points.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

I'm going out tomorrow night and am so worried about keeping in my points!
    I'm not a heavy drinker but all the same my sweet tooth is huge!

What drink should you keep to?

I find spirit and a diet mixer the best value...it's 3pp for a pub measure. What's your normal drink?
    I always get a pint of water with my first drink too, when I'm sober enough to remember to drink water! Lol!

@smileyface...I'm not sure why ur weight wld fluctuate like that. But just draw a line under it and keep focused for nxt wk.

@ladylainy....I was having q nose in the off topic thread and someone was recommending magnesium spray. Said they had used a couple of sprays the night before and had a great sleep. Might be worth checking it out. It is a full moon this week and I know that can sometimes have a weird effect on my sleep.

I have the banana loaf from the Sunday world supplement in the oven...smells good. Had the chicken curry from the folder the other night and it was Delish. OH loved it and normally he asks is this WW or normal food! what a support!

Hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 hockeysticks

I got the eating out guide today, what do you normally have and I'll tell you the points.....
    Oh thanks

I was thinking a Prawn Bhuna Or Lamb Rogan Josh ...

I think a Naan is 11 ppts is that right ? and the Peshwari Naan is more ?

Thanks for you help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭agrif06

Monife wrote: »

According to weightwatchers.co.uk one slice of Dominos Pizza Medium Thin Crust Pepperoni Passion is 6 pp

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement