Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Ninja edit lol

Prey that was the newbridge store rang grafton street and they confirmed the price sorry Brian moppets in the newbridge store

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Drove half an hour out of my way to collect this game and was told it's 44.99 and 30 odd used also asked if it was ten yesterday to be told it wasn't thanks man!
    I presume you didnt make it into the Grafton Street branch then? HMV are renowned for pricing discrepincies across branches. Shortly before Christmas, Back to the Future bluray was €30 in Sligo and Henry St (among other stores) but was €50 in Grafton Street or Dundrum. Sorry about that. I'm 99% sure that it as €10. Might have been a case of the ridiculous pricing in HMV. Can anyone else confirm the price I was seeing?

Edit: So the €9.99 price I was seeing is right then?

I presume you didnt make it into the Grafton Street branch then? HMV are renowned for pricing discrepincies across branches. Shortly before Christmas, Back to the Future bluray was €30 in Sligo and Henry St (among other stores) but was €50 in Grafton Street or Dundrum. Sorry about that. I'm 99% sure that it as €10. Might have been a case of the ridiculous pricing in HMV. Can anyone else confirm the price I was seeing?

Edit: So the €9.99 price I was seeing is right then?
    yes it was the newbridge stores staff just too lazy to actually check it i left thick as custard got number for grafton street and they confirmed your price. i then went into newbridge store and tore strips off the manager for wasting my time 1 hour in total although i got the game for 9.99 thanks for the tip off btw and sorry for the rant lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,991 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Metroid: Other M 18.98 in Game Henry Steet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Metroid: Other M 18.98 in Game Henry Steet.

IMO its pure cock

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

its pure cock

Ugh, a bit sensationalistic? It isn't up to impeccable Metroid standards but it's still a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭romperstomper

edited

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

are gamestops taking preorders allready? do they take some deposit?

i presume it will be 250 quid ++?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

for what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

3DS I presume. They are taking pre-orders. No price is confirmed.

Madworld for the Wii is 5.99 in hmv!

U just can't go wrong with a price like that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Ugh, a bit sensationalistic? It isn't up to impeccable Metroid standards but it's still a good game.

It really really really really isn't!

The only reason I would recommend buying it at that price is so that you can sell it for £30ish on Ebay, but then karma might come around and bite you on the arse for knowingly selling a rubbish game at a rip off price...

Tis £14.98 on Amazon too by the way...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002BSC4ZS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d1_i2?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1JTCZBJ517PF9YZVP0X7&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467128533&pf_rd_i=468294

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Enslaved, Blur and Singularity all €2 when you trade in a game at gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

traded in mw2 when blops got released for 20 euro , found out to my horror it was a big mistake when i found out blops was a bit rubbish :( , went in to game today and bought it back for 20 euro , result :D i will hang on to blops till they fix the online problems, i will still play blop but not as much as mw2 ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

ShaneU wrote: »
    Enslaved, Blur and Singularity all €2 when you trade in a game at gamestop.

What games though? I'd like to try Enslaved.

What games though? I'd like to try Enslaved.

I traded in Civ Rev, Brutal Legend and UFC 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

I think a guy at the counter was saying a while ago that they accept all games that trade at €15 or more (except old sports games).

I don't think so, the value of the games on the receipt was

Civ Rev €4.50
    UFC 2010 €6.80
    Brutal Legend €3.40

That's why I only trade in games for deals like these, I'd rather keep a game than sell it for a measly sum like that.

Bayonetta was €2 as well, and Spirit Tracks if you have a DS game to trade.

• Advertisement

anyone know where to get bayonetta for bout a tenner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Tesco Clare Hall had it for €10 so maybe you could try your local big Tesco store?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I think game are selling it pre owned for about €12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

GothPunk wrote: »
    Tesco Clare Hall had it for €10 so maybe you could try your local big Tesco store?

When did you see that?
    I'm in there a fair bit and have never seen decent games at decent prices like that.

GothPunk wrote: »

Grand I'll have. Look in tesco naas today!!!

Thanks

I think game are selling it pre owned for about €12

And if I dont find it tescos I'll get it in game!

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

When did you see that?
    I'm in there a fair bit and have never seen decent games at decent prices like that.
    When you first walk into the store walk straight ahead and have a look on the second or third aisle on the right, where all the special offer/seasonal stuff is. There was a cardboard display (neon green I think) with loads of copies of a few different games for €10. They had Bayonetta and The Darkness for PS3 (and Surf's Up and some other crap) and they had Bayonetta, Devil May Cry and I think maybe The Golden Compass for 360. They had some Wii shovelware as well. I'm not sure if they're still there but they were definitely there about a week or two ago. Pretty sure someone else posted about it in this very thread anyways if you don't believe me. :pac:

We believe you gothpunk ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Argos - 3 EA Games Best Sellers Pack PS3 - €12.99, just after buying one myself, can't go wrong for €12.99 :D

Need for Speed Pro Street
    Fifa 09
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=9009442&authToken=

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Yes_Man

Anyone know the cheapest place to pick up borderlands for xbox 360?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement