Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

GOG have a sale on almost all their games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

GOG have a sale on almost all their games
    Bought all three Broken Sword games off of them a couple of days ago for the grand total of €5 ($7)

Great website/service, no DRM in the games and a very easy, quick installer and have never had a problem with them ever. I recommend buying from them.
    I love it when old school games run properly on my Vista 64 system.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Beneath a Steel Sky is free on GOG

(link above)

Great game...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

This was the nearest thread I could find to getting info for xbox 360 250gb deals? I had the original xbox many, many years ago but now want to buy the new 360 250gb with Kinect, 2 wireless controllers and the two games i'm interested in are COD Black Ops and Need For Speed (the new one).
    Question - does it really matter where I buy this bundle or are most outlets pretty similar, I looked into Smyths and Game and they kind of came out roughly around the same price (I think, because the deals are so different). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Also- someone said wait until the January sales, does that usually knock a few quid off this type of thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 danielmoran

weiland79 wrote: »
    anyone know where i can pick up uncharted 2 the cheapest?
    About €20 in GAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Bayonetta (PS3) is €10 in Tesco, Clarehall. It's in a small promotional stand thingy, near the entrance, with some other titles.

Possibly in all branches.... but I don't know.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The Humble Bundle 2 for pay what you want.
    http://www.humblebundle.com/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

And Minecraft's Notch is the highest paid donator :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Metro 2033 is for sale on steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/43110/

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

This was the nearest thread I could find to getting info for xbox 360 250gb deals? I had the original xbox many, many years ago but now want to buy the new 360 250gb with Kinect, 2 wireless controllers and the two games i'm interested in are COD Black Ops and Need For Speed (the new one).
    Question - does it really matter where I buy this bundle or are most outlets pretty similar, I looked into Smyths and Game and they kind of came out roughly around the same price (I think, because the deals are so different). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Also- someone said wait until the January sales, does that usually knock a few quid off this type of thing?

Some of the bricks and Mortar are offering good value on bundles at the moment, all you can do is shop around. HMV, Game and Gamestop are probably the best.

Outside of bundles it seems to me that all games are currently top dollar but I'd expect them to fall after christmas and the rush for presents stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Worms: Reloaded is on sale this weekend at €9.99 in Steam - seemed to have received decent reviews as well, I've purchased anyhow!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Steam Christmas sale should be starting next week, right?

The Steam Christmas sale should be starting next week, right?
    The 20th. Says so in the blurb below the treasure hunt that you must be logged into Steam on the 20th (the first day of the Christmas Sales) to be eligible to claim the grand prize for the treasure hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Bit late, but just noticed Civ 5 is 25% off on steam for the day (€37.49), as good a price as I've seen for it in the run up to Xmas.

Bit late, but just noticed Civ 5 is 25% off on steam for the day (€37.49), as good a price as I've seen for it in the run up to Xmas.
    You serious? Ha. I bought it one week after release day for €27.
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-5/10208055.html Most likely wont be here in time for Christmas though.
    Here it is for £23. Delivery of 99p needs to be added. Pretty much works out at €27. Probably even cheaper in brick and mortar stores these days. And it uses Steamworks so it's added to your Steam.

Saw this on HUKD.

Tomb Raider Anniversay for 99c on Green Man Gaming
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/tomb-raider-anniversary/

You serious? Ha. I bought it one week after release day for €27.
    http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/pc/sid-meier-s-civilization-v-5/10208055.html Most likely wont be here in time for Christmas though.
    Here it is for £23. Delivery of 99p needs to be added. Pretty much works out at €27. Probably even cheaper in brick and mortar stores these days. And it uses Steamworks so it's added to your Steam.

My bad, when I last checked it was €40 everywhere but hadn't looked in a few weeks. I should say I'm reluctant too to buy physical copies off the net, last few times I've done this they've gone missing in the post.

My bad, when I last checked it was €40 everywhere but hadn't looked in a few weeks. I should say I'm reluctant too to buy physical copies off the net, last few times I've done this they've gone missing in the post.
    Really? Ive never got something missing in the post that wasn't resent out to me. Sure contact the online retailer if you dont get your game and they should be sending you out another one. you did pay for it didnt you? So why shouldnt you get it, lost in the post or not. A couple of books went missing in the post from Amazon and they posted them out to me again after 20 something days or so.
    Dont feel bad about posting it. It happens to us all here. I know I'm guilty of posting a non bargain at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Argos have a sale on now.You can get the likes of Vanquish,FIFA 11, Enslaved,Dead Rising 2,Need for Speed Hot Pursuit all for around €30,thought some might find it useful.I think I read that this sale ends December 24th.

• Advertisement

Battlestations Midway is 1.98 for the next 2 hours

http://www.greenmangaming.com/christmas-offers/battlestations-midway-90/

Really? Ive never got something missing in the post that wasn't resent out to me. Sure contact the online retailer if you dont get your game and they should be sending you out another one. you did pay for it didnt you? So why shouldnt you get it, lost in the post or not. A couple of books went missing in the post from Amazon and they posted them out to me again after 20 something days or so.
    Dont feel bad about posting it. It happens to us all here. I know I'm guilty of posting a non bargain at times.

Oh I know, I'm just impatient. It'll usually take 6 odd weeks or more for a missing item to be resolved in my experience, so I'll happily pay a few extra quid to be able to DL it straight to my HD.

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=JANSALEGAMES&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=2&searchfilters=s{JANSALEGAMES}%2b

The play.com January sale has just started and there's some absolute bargains there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Goldeneye in Argos for €29.99. Reduced from €45

Steam sale looks like it's starting. There's a massive Square Enix/Eidos pack for €74.99 that includes all their Steam games, saving you €476.

Edit - It's disappeared now, but might be back at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

ShaneU wrote: »
    Valve complete pack €25 http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2546/

D:

Bad Company 2 for €13.59? Already have it on the 360, but I think I'm gonna have to get it on Steam too now.

PB Winterbottom is 39 cent :D

I'm trying to compile something resembling a list here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056124755

• Advertisement

Super Meat Boy is 3.50!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement