Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Thank f*ck I've no kids or Christmas would be cancelled. :D

Anyone think 14.99 is a low as ME2 will go?

EDIT Actuall appears to be 22, stupid small phone text, wait it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Just a warning/suggestion.

I suggest that you refrain from buying anything in the sale that isn't on a daily deal or a once off special and wait until the last moment to buy the games/bundles.

You'll sometimes find that games that are on special (usually in the ballpark region of 25%) will go down even further on a daily deal. That way you wont be too disappointed if you pick up a game for 25% off instead of 60-80% off.

Mass Effect 2 is currently at 25% at €22.49. So is he Digital Collectors edition for the exact same price. I know which one I'd be going with. :rolleyes:
    But also, it's probably worth waiting a while to see if it goes down further. But then again, they may change the price of the collectors edition to reflect the difference in content to something higher, but I doubt they will.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Might be worth holding out for the PS3 version as i'm pretty sure it comes with all the DLC as well. And a novelised version of ME1 to set the scene :)

Also, the PS3 version uses the new Mass Effect 3 engine too. If you can, I'd wait for that one.
    Just bought p.b winterbottom for 40c and Super Meat Boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

That's a good comprehensive list of what's on sale, but the prices are in pounds sterling. There can be quite a considerable price difference between the €/£ price and what would normally be considered a reasonable exchange rate. (i.e. €1= £0.70/0.80)
    Take for example Battlefield Bad Company 2
    It's £6.79 yet it is €13.59. Dont get me wrong, it's still a good price, but it ain't the bargain it probably should/could be if a reasonable currency conversion had of been implimented in this case. Other games on the other hand have got it right like super meat boy. Just a caveat I think people should know about. If you dont agree with it, then dont buy it. I try to avoid it myself as much as possible.

/gets off of soapbox and get's out the credit card for a new set of daily sales in an hour or so.

The Witcher had been on my shopping list for some time, and now I have it for €4. Bargain. Burnout Paradise is under €4 too. Some good ones there today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Game stop have vanquish on 360 & ps3 for €17.98 new

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

wilser wrote: »
    Game stop have vanquish on 360 & ps3 for €17.98 new

Sweet, i might pick that up this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://www.humblebundle.com/

humble bundle 1 is now free when you buy humble bundle 2, minimum price for both is around €5.60, bargain.

It's also free to people who bought bundle 2 already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭savemejebus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

NFS Hot Pursuit (PC) for £12.91 on Amazon

DAO Ultimate - £15

Buy them both together to avail of free super saver delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Polar101

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/6941/

Paradox Complete pack €54.99

I think there's a bit too much to play in one lifetime, but it's not the worst value I've seen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Fallout New Vegas (PC) is €19 in GAME in Liffey Valley. Cheapest I can find, including online etailers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Xtravision have Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands on PS3 for €15. It's well worth getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Xtravision have Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands on PS3 for €15. It's well worth getting.

Even at that price I'd feel shortchanged tbh...
    decent enough game, but after you raced through it in 6 hours there isn't really much there to drag you back in... A solid rental but not the return to form I had hoped for:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

tman wrote: »
    Even at that price I'd feel shortchanged tbh...
    decent enough game, but after you raced through it in 6 hours there isn't really much there to drag you back in... A solid rental but not the return to form I had hoped for:(

€9.99 preowned in Smyths on PS3,Wii and Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Xtravision's sale is terrible tbh, I bet only one or two items are 70% off, I didn't see any.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ShaneU wrote: »
    Xtravision's sale is terrible tbh, I bet only one or two items are 70% off, I didn't see any.

Yeah the prices on whats reduced are only down to par with other places, sick I got the likes of Fable 3 , Fallout NV and RB3 on launch days, now 2 months on I could be saving around €50 :mad:

On a more positive note I did get some cheap games in xtravision :)
    Got an arcade game pack with 6 games for €5, Spiderman: Web of shadows for €.99c and Project Sylpheed for €5 ........ I didn't say I got good games lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

calex71 wrote: »
    Yeah the prices on whats reduced are only down to par with other places, sick I got the likes of Fable 3 , Fallout NV and RB3 on launch days, now 2 months on I could be saving around €50 :mad:

On a more positive note I did get some cheap games in xtravision :)
    Got an arcade game pack with 6 games for €5, Spiderman: Web of shadows for €.99c and Project Sylpheed for €5 ........ I didn't say I got good games lol

was the spiderman game on xbox Calex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

kendragon wrote: »
    was the spiderman game on xbox Calex?

It was indeed

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Gamergates New Years Sale has just started. Lot of games a tad more expensive/cheaper than the Steam sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Gamergates New Years Sale has just started. Lot of games a tad more expensive/cheaper than the Steam sales.

Due to some weirdness with my ISP perhaps a DNS issue, gamersgate thinks I'm in the US and is allowing me to access their deals including Mass Effect 2 for $8. Has been like that all week.

Due to some weirdness with my ISP perhaps a DNS issue, gamersgate thinks I'm in the US and is allowing me to access their deals including Mass Effect 2 for $8. Has been like that all week.
    Have you actually been able to buy anthing in $? Happens to me but usually they wont let me buy stuff unless it's in the right currency associated with my credit card i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Have you actually been able to buy anthing in $? Happens to me but usually they wont let me buy stuff unless it's in the right currency associated with my credit card i think.

Yeah I bought the black mirror on Tuesday which is US only. Up until then it would only ever say not available in your region. I use paypal??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ea Store has a sale on at the moment, 44% off everything for today and tomorrow.

Battlefield Vietnam expansion is around €7

which makes a nice addition to the $7 battlfield BC 2 i got on steam the other day I think i did ok for myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

which makes a nice addition to the $7 battlfield BC 2 i got on steam the other day I think i did ok for myself :)

You can play them together it has to be Steam /Steam or EA/EA

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You can play them together it has to be Steam /Steam or EA/EA

I assume you meant can't, not can.

And yes, you can

Any stores that "sell BC2 Vietnam", sell a 16-digit code. This code can be entered into the BC2 game client - any version of the game client. Entering this code unlocks Vietnam for that EA account. No additional download is necessary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Sid Meier's Pirates! €1.74

You'd be mad not to. Such a fun game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement