Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

jprboy wrote: »
    As in a bad spell of wether :P
    Keep on truckin' :rolleyes:

fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

Clear blue skies in Waterford City, Temp 3.7c DP 0.9c. Should stay clear for most of today i would imagine.

Live Temps taken from www.waterfordcityweather.com
    where is that camera located it's doing my head in trying to make out where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

irish1967 wrote: »
    fyp

Emphasis was for the benefit of others, Irish, but enough.....

Raining here now, few miles SSW of Nenagh.

Further measuring revealed that we had up to 10 cm of snow here yesterday. Some slight thawing in sun and breeze earlier this morning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Looking at the traffic cams on the NRA website for snow:

http://www.nratraffic.ie/cams/default.asp?CamId=1000006&available=true&filename=033d50b0_006a3f70_cam1.jpg&cameraname=N2%20Emyvale

You can filter the cameras by "All Ireland"; "Greater Dublin" or "County Wexford".

Select 'County Wexford' and you get "there are no traffic cameras in this geographic area".

The NRA have a sense of humour! :D

Amazing how quick it all disapeared. Back to green fields and black tarmac here now. Wind has picked up considerably too.
    I see our wind here is due to shift NW later and temps to drop again. Could get a few more snow showers round 5-6pm if the figures for later are correct. At the minute its raining.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

still white on the ground here, 6 snowmen built.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Amazing how quick it all disapeared. Back to green fields and black tarmac here now. Wind has picked up considerably too.
    I see our wind here is due to shift NW later and temps to drop again. Could get a few more snow showers round 5-6pm if the figures for later are correct. At the minute its raining.

not all gone up here yet !

defo raining therain guage just registered 1.4mm

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

We've had an inch of snow in Strabane over the past hour.

smashey wrote: »
    We've had an inch of snow in Strabane over the past hour.
    Yeah. My OH just drove back from Letterkenny... McGroartys Brae was fun.. cars stuck on it (Mercedes of course). Constant snow from l'kenny to Biddys

Yeah. My OH just drove back from Letterkenny... McGroartys Brae was fun.. cars stuck on it (Mercedes of course). Constant snow from l'kenny to Biddys
    She was lucky as the N15 is now closed between Letterkenny and Stranorlar due to a jack-knifed truck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Lots of snow here since last night, heavy snowers every half an hour or so with proper big flakes. About 2-3cm on the ground, would be a lot more if it wasnt melting in between showers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Cleavage1970

just had a shower of rain here in Athboy

Raining here now. WTF?

Heavy hail/graupel here for the past while, still no sign of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Irish where exactly is Mc Groartys Brae? if you have google map link might be best way to explain it, I have heard the name manytimes.

Pangea wrote: »
    Irish where exactly is Mc Groartys Brae? if you have google map link might be best way to explain it, I have heard the name manytimes.
    When you leave Ballybofey heading towards Donegal Town, it's about 3 miles out. It's the first incline after a few bends in the road heading towards Barnesmore. There is a water treatment plant at the top, just before Lough Mourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

smashey wrote: »
    When you leave Ballybofey heading towards Donegal Town, it's about 3 miles out. It's the first incline after a few bends in the road heading towards Barnesmore. There is a water treatment plant at the top, just before Lough Mourne.

Oh right yes now I know thanks thats the haunted road :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Light rain out by the Red Cow.

Right back to a 'normal' Janruary day here now. Temp about 3.2C. Passing light rain showers.
    No access to laptop or pc. How's that Low doing to the north?? Any chance we could get any snow from it later this evening ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

sunny in meath

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Sunny spells here in Waterford most of today but dark clouds moving in from the NW. Temp a mild 6.2c, Nice day overall

Streaming Webcam @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    Oh right yes now I know thanks thats the haunted road :pac:

the haunted road? go on tell me more:D you see i'm bored now it's not snowing:)

the haunted road? go on tell me more:D you see i'm bored now it's not snowing:)

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055910708

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

Light sleet and hail shower in Ashtown about 15 minutes ago (Dublin 15). Tempearature 2.6 degrees. Last night's very light covering of snow gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,656 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Right back to a 'normal' Janruary day here now. Temp about 3.2C. Passing light rain showers.
    No access to laptop or pc. How's that Low doing to the north?? Any chance we could get any snow from it later this evening ?

i'd say any showers will turn more readily to snow afterdark, but they'll mainly be confined to coastal districts at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭red menace

I know it Canada but my first winter in Edmonton so thought I would make some of ye jealous
    We have had 20 Cms of snow in the last 18 hours and a further 15 Forecast by tonight.
    The loaders, bobcats and graders are starting to roll here now gotta hand it to them the good at dealing with it

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Bitterly cold wind in d16. Bits of rain through the day too is it going to be a wet evening?

I was expecting the showers to die out by now but theyve become more intense and heavy if anything. Still mostly hail but hopefully it'll turn back to snow once the temp drops again.

The snow's done its best to melt all day but the showers keep topping it up so looks like it'll survive for a 4th day :)

Miserable wet evening here. Fire on. Feet up. Sipppppppppp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

Miserable wet evening here. Fire on. Feet up. Sipppppppppp.

Same here, quite windy though, sounds rumbly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement