Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Still keeping a wee eye on the temps though. But whatever falls if anything would be gone tomorrow anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

irish1967 wrote: »
    Miserable wet evening here. Fire on. Feet up. Sipppppppppp.
    and me,warm fire, cold beer aaahhh heaven.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,665 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

How is Navan looking now ? Is there snow on the ground ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭elainesnuffles

was all hyped up waiting for snow but as usual nothing only rain,:( will have 2 move 2 limerick or mallow. love the weather thread by the way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Feet up here too. Stove topped up with turf! Working my way through a slab of beer thats been in the fridge long enough to be colder than the temps outside!! :p

Mind you, was out earlier and even though it was reading almost 3 degrees on the car, untreated roads were lethal after showers of freezing rain. Take care out there folks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Reasonably heavy snow here again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

was all hyped up waiting for snow but as usual nothing only rain,:( will have 2 move 2 limerick or mallow. love the weather thread by the way:)

Even better, come up to Dublin or Wickla and you will see plenty of it. Wasn't even comng from proper direction for us and we still have a light covering here in Blanch, Dublin 15 this morning:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Beez Neez

No snow here in Roscommon town at all but there was hail just before five which has left the roads in a dangerous condition As bad as I've seen them all winter! Take care out there if you're on the roads tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭snowjon

Heavy sleety snow here now - some huge flakes mixed in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

feck all in navan since the light dusting yesterday evening and snowcam is looking pretty dark and miserable. :(

out.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Heard there was a few cms snow around Killybegs town region earlier and then nothing outside it. Very localised.
    Anyways roads are very bad out, its 3c here but the ground temperatures must be well below freezing because the roads are like a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Fell over walking back from pub on frozen path (1st time ive fell/slipped this winter). 1c here, clear with a few showers of sleety stuff every so oftern.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

snaps wrote: »
    Fell over walking back from pub on frozen path (1st time ive fell/slipped this winter). 1c here, clear with a few showers of sleety stuff every so oftern.

:) Go wan outta that, blame the ice after a skinful...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

So glad to report no snow here :D

vibe666 wrote: »
    feck all in navan since the light dusting yesterday evening and snowcam is looking pretty dark and miserable. :(

Thanks for that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Hi guys,
    Have/am in Bahrain for the last 2 weeks heading home tonight - what weather can i expect in Dublin tomorrow orning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

irishbird wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Have/am in Bahrain for the last 2 weeks heading home tonight - what weather can i expect in Dublin tomorrow orning

Wet, about 5 degrees, sleet early turning to rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

QUOTE=snaps;69964328]Fell over walking back from pub on frozen path (1st time ive fell/slipped this winter). 1c here, clear with a few showers of sleety stuff every so oftern.[/QUOTE]
    homolumo wrote: »
    :) Go wan outta that, blame the ice after a skinful...

Maybe you should change your name to schnapps :pac:

Wet, about 5 degrees, sleet early turning to rain.

excellant so i am going to freeze to death :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

excellant so i am going to freeze to death :(

not quite, double figures by the middle of the week!!!

• Advertisement

not quite, double figures by the middle of the week!!!

25 degrees here though during the day and 15 at night :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Hi guys,
    You will be arriving back to a typical Irish January day, the usual depressing grey sky and of course rain. As for the temperature, who cares, the dampness will chill you to the bone anyway!
    Welcome home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

irish1967 wrote: »
    I took the 9.15 images from met and raintoday and superimposed them on one another.. not exactly lined up but gives you an idea of the differences in what each is picking up.
    ol.jpg
    Where do you think raintoday is getting it is info? - surely it is the Met Eireann dta for Ireland - the Dublin Airport and Shannon Airport radars and the difference is simply due to how it is being presented on screen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

piuswal wrote: »
    Where do you think raintoday is getting it is info? - surely it is the Met Eireann dta for Ireland - the Dublin Airport and Shannon Airport radars and the difference is simply due to how it is being presented on screen!!!

As far as I know, Raintoday uses the Belfast radar as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

The met eireann radar sometimes tends to have less precipitation Donegal that is actually the case, I've noticed it a few times over the past few weeks. The raintoday one is nearly always perfectly accurate for me here so it seems to be the met radar thats inaccurate

Is the snow due back later on this month ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Is the snow due back later on this month ?

I hope so

pm. wrote: »
    I hope so

????. I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭NIALL D

Ally Dick wrote: »
    ????. I hope not

i hope so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

logging on/in,when i saw the words significant and snow i thought there had been a dramatic development in the models in fi, but then i realised this was an old thread:(

it might be time to take the snowballs out of the freezer:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement