Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Significant Snow Risk Friday 7th/Saturday 8th January discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

oh boohoo, dublin hasnt got some snow. after all the snow they got already.
    idiots!
    bit harsh there

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

idiots!

Im in Dublin princess and its snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

idiots!

Is someone a bit jealous? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

idiots!

Feck off back to Mali

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

idiots!

142428.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Derfil

Knew it was going to be rain. Always was. Direction was all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭srocliffe

chris2007 wrote: »
    Temp down to 0c and Dew Point 0c in Dublin 5 from the weather app on my iphone

I would expect the rain to change very soon to sleet / snow here, as the temps and dew points are very close to the turning point now

Big question is how much precipitation there is left to fall, very little left on the radar now, so may just get cold and frost.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Snow brings out such emotion in this forum!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

If you hold your head to the light in just the right way, it looks like that sleet is turning into snow!!! Very light, very piddly, but thickening up none the less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Mr Tim Buktoo

Aquals wrote: »
    Is someone a bit jealous? ;)

why would i be jealous. its covered in snow here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

idiots!
    oh great, another one.give it a rest why dont yah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

why would i be jealous. its covered in snow here
    may be you should go out & play in it..........
    anyway rain has turned more sleety here

you're not going to believe this, but, guess what! It's not going to snow in Waterford....AGAIN!!!:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

about 1cm of snow lying in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Its seems that Scotland is getting some of the fluffy white stuff. The new minister there will want to make sure that the roads are cleared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭danni2

What a great day it's been, started raining here around 5pm but half an hour later this quickly turned to snow and it snowed quite heavily for about 2 hours, after that it very slowly got lighter but continued snowing till about 11pm, snow has stopped now and left at least over an inch of snow on the ground:)

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Nice little dusting of snow in Tallaght

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

fizzycyst wrote: »
    you're not going to believe this, but, guess what! It's not going to snow in Waterford....AGAIN!!!:eek::eek:

In fairness fizzy it never was going to snow in this type of scenario for Waterford. It would have been a huge bonus if it did. The winters not over yet but i feel we won't get anymore snow this Winter. I'm looking forward to a big Atlantic Storm, the power of that just can't be beaten ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

North and North wests turn for some heavy showers later by the looks of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

Seems to be thawing here already, all the snow is dissapearing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Is it going to snow at all in Galway city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

North and North wests turn for some heavy showers later by the looks of it :)

Yep there seems to be something more solid building off west Donegal just now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I thought your inland area would have got something?
    No let down for me, I knew days ago that all I was going to see was rain.

30 miles or more from the sea obviously wasn't enough. :(

In fairness fizzy it never was going to snow in this type of scenario for Waterford. It would have been a huge bonus if it did. The winters not over yet but i feel we won't get anymore snow this Winter. I'm looking forward to a big Atlantic Storm, the power of that just can't be beaten ;)
    ah don't say that Mick! I wasn't expecting much from this really either, just hoping against hope. But I'm expecting a blast late Jan which may or may not give us something

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Flan_Da_Man125

from looking at the models and forecasters. it looks like from the 17th of jan onwards till the end of january looks very interesting with potential for cold air to return. MT has been hinting this in his latest forecasts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

All of a sudden a really nice looking shower has appeared and seems to be heading directly for me :D

Galway also seems to be in for something

On that note, I'm off to bed. Already all white here but hopefully I'll wake up to more than a dusting tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Snowing pretty heavily here, ground totally white.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭tomdeere

just starting to snow here now in galway county

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

clouding over here and temp rising from -5c, seems a band heading in alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

After the small bit of thaw , it has frozen back over again . The roads here are very bad at the moment...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement