Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

astra2000 wrote: »
    sophie1234 wrote: »

In the past my down fall has been using too many points on treats every day, I think I will use the weekly allowance for the weekend and try and cut out the daily treat habbit which always puts me back to a treat with every cuppa! I think my daily points allowance is just enough to cover 3 meals and would not really stretch to treats, so mon to fri I am going to try and stick to them.

Astra! Your my ww partner! we're both doing it online with uk site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Thick cut oven chips 100g pp5
    chips retail fried 28g pp2
    cuisine de france demi baguett 120g pp8
    hellmans squezy light mayo 15g pp1
    potato croquette med 14g pp1
    walkers cheeseandonion 25g pp4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Lady Lainy wrote: »

Astra! Your my ww partner! we're both doing it online with uk site!

:) I am getting so hooked checking points on that site I am forgetting to eat! I hope I can do as well as you have lainey!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

I checked it on the weightwatchers UK site, 2 slices of sliced pan IS 4 points.

No more saving points. If you want to go over your daily points you have to use your treat points. There isnt any more point saving. Oh hell yeah use your treat points on booze! :D

Ha ha thanx Lady Lainy!! I intend to! How are you gonna use them?

Thats good about the sliced pan, Im gonna count it at 4 ppts so!

Gonna hit tescos after work and get all my ingredients and try out one of the dinners and one of the soups! Will let ye know how I get on tomorrow! So excited! :D

:) I am getting so hooked checking points on that site I am forgetting to eat! I hope I can do as well as you have lainey!

I do good....but then i slack off and undo all the good work! But new year new start! :D

• Advertisement

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Ha ha thanx Lady Lainy!! I intend to! How are you gonna use them?

Thats good about the sliced pan, Im gonna count it at 4 ppts so!

Gonna hit tescos after work and get all my ingredients and try out one of the dinners and one of the soups! Will let ye know how I get on tomorrow! So excited! :D

The weeks i'm not drinking I TRY to use my treat points on sauces and dressings...use my actual points on healthy usually bland stuff...but use treat points to add flavour!

but next week....i will be using every last treat point and prob then some on booze and food for my birthday.I haven't been out ONCE over Christmas....so one big blow out is okay i think.

I can feel the xmas bloat slowly but surely slipping away. I don't look preggers anymore! LOL I swear I was bloated as a freaking whale from all the bread and breadrolls. I was sandwichs and breadrolls morning noon and night...and midnight...loads of toast just before going to bed....never good

In the past my down fall has been using too many points on treats every day, I think I will use the weekly allowance for the weekend and try and cut out the daily treat habbit which always puts me back to a treat with every cuppa! I think my daily points allowance is just enough to cover 3 meals and would not really stretch to treats, so mon to fri I am going to try and stick to them.

Thats a very good idea Astra, I'll be doing the exact same... cutting out daily treats and sticking to my 29 ppts allowance monday to friday, then dipping into my 49 ppts weekly allowance over the course of the weekend.

The weeks i'm not drinking I TRY to use my treat points on sauces and dressings...use my actual points on healthy usually bland stuff...but use treat points to add flavour!

but next week....i will be using every last treat point and prob then some on booze and food for my birthday.I haven't been out ONCE over Christmas....so one big blow out is okay i think.

I can feel the xmas bloat slowly but surely slipping away. I don't look preggers anymore! LOL I swear I was bloated as a freaking whale from all the bread and breadrolls.

Ha ha ha tell me about!! Im still fairly bloated!! You didnt go out at all over xmas? Jesus fair play, I was out nearly every night which may explain why I put up half a stone :( but not to worry gonna work it all off soon hopefully!! Enjoy your birthday celebrations and dont worry about havin one big blow out, it wont do too much harm if you are good during the week and you have those 49 points as a safety net! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭dasa29

Hi Everybody will be going in tomorrow to get started for the year.

Did you see the rte guide has a free weightwatchers calender with it. i also notice in dunnes a lot of weightwatchers stuff is reduced.

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Ha ha ha tell me about!! Im still fairly bloated!! You didnt go out at all over xmas? Jesus fair play, I was out nearly every night which may explain why I put up half a stone :( but not to worry gonna work it all off soon hopefully!! Enjoy your birthday celebrations and dont worry about havin one big blow out, it wont do too much harm if you are good during the week and you have those 49 points as a safety net! :D

I was sick as dog since 2nd week of december. head cold followed by sinus infection. I was a lovely shade of grey and yellow....nothing like death warmed up to get a party started. My voice was so crokey i sounded like a man. my face was swollen so looked like a man with long hair! and then the runny nose! Finished my antibiotics yesterday. Today the first day in about a month i'm actually feeling okay! I actually slept last night...it was great! LOL I havent been sleeping in ages cos i couldnt breathe at night i was totally blocked up...did a massive clean up in my room today.....a full black bag of just tissue! Trust me I would have gone out if i could LOL!

but what i didnt spend in the pub I spent on EBAY! :O eeeek!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eimear1

I did buy a nice new WW cookbook last year, but they are printing out suplements with the new points for any books bought last year, so that will help.

Hey there, any info on when these will be available? Love my "Just for Me" cookbook and dread trying to re-calculate my fave recipes!!!

Went back to meeting today, delighted that i am only 3.5 up after the last 4 disastrous weeks. Hoping this new system will be the kick i need to get back into it!!!
    Looking at hols in april/may so the incentives are piling up!! not gonna let myself buy new holiday wardrobe unless its size 14!!!! So gotta get there or the old stuff will have to do me!!!

Few things i think will take some getting used to, like stock cubes, cooking spray and large amounts of dried herbs now have points, these were so handy for making a tasty low-point meal from a small portion of meat and lots of veg. Four sprays of the cooking spray are now the same as a tsp of olive oil - may as well have the olive oil!

Loving the zero-point on all fruit though, am picky about fruit, not many i will eat in abundance, and often didn't wanna spend 2 pts on a banana with brekkie, now they and blueberries will be in the porridge every time!!!

Haven't been through all the literature yet so just gonna digest it all properlky and prob start properly at the weekend!
    Good luck with it everyone, new start was just what i needed so hope it works for everyone!
    E x

I'm having

two fillets of Aldi's Yellowfin Sole in lightbreadcrumbs (baked on oven)
    6 pro points

300g of baby potatoes boiled (weighed before boiling)
    6 pro points

and i made a dressing with half fat creme fraiche,
    75g with ****e loads of black, pepper, garlic, chili powder and chives
    3 pro points

my mum liked my dressing so much asked to make her some!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

So I went to meeting - was dreading it. leader seems lovely. I am aiming for 1 -2lbs to go for next week. Wish me luck. going o read my literature now and get head around all this propoints! get to know some foods and their points etc.

emmeim wrote: »

If you have iwatcher, go to calculator then custom, go to configure and modify each field as follows;

Field 1 - rename Protein, then set to divide by 10.99

Field 2 - rename Carbs, then set to divide by 9.17

Field 3 - rename Fat, then set to divide by 3.89

Field 4 - rename Fibre, then set to divide by 34.48

edited to say i think the app costs 79 cent so not too bad!

just back from meeting and bought the calculator - already had iwatchr app - but sure be handy to have the two,. thanks for all that info have saved it in now.
    tantipie wrote: »
    has anyone any prices on the new calculator,,not going till tomorrow and wondering how much i need to bring!!

just got one this evening 10.95 - selling like hot cakes
    dasa29 wrote: »
    Hi Everybody will be going in tomorrow to get started for the year.

Did you see the rte guide has a free weightwatchers calender with it. i also notice in dunnes a lot of weightwatchers stuff is reduced.

prob to get rid of stock with no propoints on it?

weight watchers stock is always on offer in january! i'm hitting tesco at the weekend to get few the ready meals. They are perfect for college. we have a student microwave so can nook them :)

weight watchers stock is always on offer in january! i'm hitting tesco at the weekend to get few the ready meals. They are perfect for college. we have a student microwave so can nook them :)

do they have propoints on them yet. I wonder how many is in beef hot pot, and casserole and red wine one. they were my favourites.

irishneady wrote: »
    do they have propoints on them yet. I wonder how many is in beef hot pot, and casserole and red wine one. they were my favourites.

dont have pro points on them yet,but sure all you have to do is calculate them with the calculator. They are still low fat and good for weight watchers people.

Beef hotpot is 6 pro points (i checked the database on the english website)

Love that one too - so handy for work, i would guess they are selling off the old stuff to make room for new ones with propoints on them.
    Even so, they will have the full nutritional info on them so will be able to calculate new points.
    Another thing tho is the new calculator isn't nearly as easy to discreetly check while in the supermarket!!!

Beef red wine casserole is 7 pro points

eimear1 wrote: »
    Love that one too - so handy for work, i would guess they are selling off the old stuff to make room for new ones with propoints on them.
    Even so, they will have the full nutritional info on them so will be able to calculate new points.
    Another thing tho is the new calculator isn't nearly as easy to discreetly check while in the supermarket!!!

I know - you shud have seen me trying to check out diff breads :D

The tesco website has nutritional information for alot of brand name foods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Just back from my meeting. I'm in shock-was down 1lb! :) Cant believe I managed a loss over xmas (it'll prob show up next week knowing me:o)

Now for a treat evening whilst trying to calculate how many pro points in the food I'd normally be eating. Thank God I bought the claculator-that wheel looks far to complicated for me!!

Here's to a good week everyone :)

Ha Ha - i used to go round Tesco with the old calculator nicely tucked into my shopping list, with this one i may as well have the leader's giant sized one mounted on the child seat of the trolley!!! And i bet i'll break it in no time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭starlight1

Thanks Astra-great resource to have while we're all getting our heads around the new system.
    Things I've pointed so far:

Low Low Cheese Triangle 1 pp
    Erin Oxtail Cup a Soup 1pp
    BallyFree Turkey Rashers 1pp (per 2 rashers)
    Skimmed Milk (1/4 pint) 1pp
    Dunnes own brand wholemeal pitta (Oval shaped) 3pp

will add as I point more stuff;)

Ok i just sat down and calculated what i had today, thinking i did ok, anyone notice any errors in my calculations please let me know!

Breakfast (in a rush to WW so no time for porridge!):
    Coffee with light condensed milk (a weakness of mine!) = 1
    banana= 0
    100ml OJ = 1

Lunch:
    2 brown sliced bread = 4
    Ham = 2
    half tbsp lite mayo = 1
    tomatoes onion and lettuce = 0
    sweet chilli sauce = 1

Snack: Grapes = 0

Dinner:
    Pasta = 4
    Tuna 60g in brine = 2
    Mushrooms, shallots, broccoli = 0
    Olive Oil = 1
    10 Olives = 1
    Sauce of
    1 mini lite Philly tub = 1
    Sweet chilli sauce = 1

Also just fixed myself a smoothie of:
    Banana, blueberries, mango and 3 pp worth of yoghurt

So if i've totalled it right that makes 23 so far out of my allowance of 29, think i may have gone over the "in moderation" rule on the fruit and veg, will be having the porridge from now on for breakfast, so that will bring me closer to the total, as will more milky tea on the days when i'm at work!

No complaints on the hunger front, i'm afraid i'll more likely be struggling some days to eat the full total, and the nice thing is i'll be able to put aside a bottle of wine for the weekend with treat points as i doubt i'll feel deprived enough during the week!!!

Looking good so far!

Ok i just sat down and calculated what i had today, thinking i did ok, anyone notice any errors in my calculations please let me know!

Breakfast (in a rush to WW so no time for porridge!):
    Coffee with light condensed milk (a weakness of mine!) = 1
    banana= 0
    100ml OJ = 1

Lunch:
    2 brown sliced bread = 4
    Ham = 2
    half tbsp lite mayo = 1
    tomatoes onion and lettuce = 0
    sweet chilli sauce = 1

Snack: Grapes = 0

Dinner:
    Pasta = 4
    Tuna 60g in brine = 2
    Mushrooms, shallots, broccoli = 0
    Olive Oil = 1
    10 Olives = 1
    Sauce of
    1 mini lite Philly tub = 1
    Sweet chilli sauce = 1

Also just fixed myself a smoothie of:
    Banana, blueberries, mango and 3 pp worth of yoghurt

So if i've totalled it right that makes 23 so far out of my allowance of 29, think i may have gone over the "in moderation" rule on the fruit and veg, will be having the porridge from now on for breakfast, so that will bring me closer to the total, as will more milky tea on the days when i'm at work!

No complaints on the hunger front, i'm afraid i'll more likely be struggling some days to eat the full total, and the nice thing is i'll be able to put aside a bottle of wine for the weekend with treat points as i doubt i'll feel deprived enough during the week!!!

Looking good so far!

well they dont say what moderation is. and anyways...your should be commended for eating so much fruit and veg! i wouldn't worry too much about it!

how much pasta did you have for 4 propoints? musn't have been very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

!

Few things i think will take some getting used to, like stock cubes, cooking spray and large amounts of dried herbs now have points, these were so handy for making a tasty low-point meal from a small portion of meat and lots of veg. Four sprays of the cooking spray are now the same as a tsp of olive oil - may as well have the olive oil!

E x

Tell me this isn't true about the cooking spray and stock cubes? They were so handy to use and not count as points!!! Does that mean all things like soy sauce etc are points now too??

I suppose i just felt like i was cheating myself eating so much and still having points leftover!!!
    40g of wholemeal dried pasta - is 4pp right? was gonna have more til i filled the tuna pan up with veg and realised it wouldn't all fit on my plate!!!
    By the way Lainy, thanks for your fab support, to me and everyone here, its great to have someone who's been working the programme for a while when we're all newbies!!!

Tell me this isn't true about the cooking spray and stock cubes? They were so handy to use and not count as points!!! Does that mean all things like soy sauce etc are points now too??

Some things - 4 sprays cooking spray is 1 point, as is a stock cube.
    soy sauce is 0 for one tablespoon, but 3 tablespoons is 1.

But i suppose the bigger allowance takes these things into account, i've gone from 22 old points to 29propoints

I suppose i just felt like i was cheating myself eating so much and still having points leftover!!!
    40g of wholemeal dried pasta - is 4pp right? was gonna have more til i filled the tuna pan up with veg and realised it wouldn't all fit on my plate!!!
    By the way Lainy, thanks for your fab support, to me and everyone here, its great to have someone who's been working the programme for a while when we're all newbies!!!

Ah dont be thanking me! I'm delighted to have some company on pro points! Its getting me excited too about it again. Swopping and sharing tips and values. It's giving me some motivation back! We're one big ww meeting! :D

By the way aldi have ww sauces on offer TOMORROW 6th Jan '11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭foreverandever

Some things - 4 sprays cooking spray is 1 point, as is a stock cube.
    soy sauce is 0 for one tablespoon, but 3 tablespoons is 1.

But i suppose the bigger allowance takes these things into account, i've gone from 22 old points to 29propoints

Still one calorie spray is surprising! It means goodbye to all the zero point sauces I used make. I'm still waiting to get to a class to get the new info but I can't wait to see next week what weight people are losing using propoints and if they find it's working.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement