Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Slaygal, sounds like we're all in the same boat this week. But great to have each other's support as we find our way!

Our leader said last night that their training on the new ProPoints had been cancelled in December because of the snow. She didn't seem overly confident when telling us about it and seemed to just read it straight out of the book. She said their training had been re-scheduled for this Saturday. So hopefully things will become clearer next week for everyone.

On the personal points allowance - does anyone else find it strange that the computer will just calculate it for you. Just for my own curiosity I'd like to know how it's calculated. Remember, the old system was a combination of weight, age, activity level.

I've only had 4 points so far today...think all this talk of food is filling me up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

hey everyone, well straight to it

I got to goal two months ago as most of you know.. I have been trying to maintain my weight but I have been going up and down constantly. I keep weighing myself every week and I know I shouldn't but Im afraid I will go off track. My goal weight was 9 stone 7.

I go to 9 stone 5 then the next week ill jump to 9 stone 8 or so and then back again.. should I just weigh myself every 2 or 3 weeks ?? its just when I get to 9 stone 5, I relax and just eat everything because Im under my goal weight but then next week I have to pay for it when Im up by 3, so I then have a harsh week. should I continue with this method; having one good week and then having one bad week or should I try maintain the same weight each week

I hope I made sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

kildareash wrote: »
    Slaygal, sounds like we're all in the same boat this week. But great to have each other's support as we find our way!

Our leader said last night that their training on the new ProPoints had been cancelled in December because of the snow. She didn't seem overly confident when telling us about it and seemed to just read it straight out of the book. She said their training had been re-scheduled for this Saturday. So hopefully things will become clearer next week for everyone.

On the personal points allowance - does anyone else find it strange that the computer will just calculate it for you. Just for my own curiosity I'd like to know how it's calculated. Remember, the old system was a combination of weight, age, activity level.

I've only had 4 points so far today...think all this talk of food is filling me up ;)

There is a stone difference between me and my friend and we're both on 29 points. My mum is on 29 propoints as well and there is 3 stone difference between us. We asked our leader and she said that it depends on various factors such as height, weight and age but tbh she didn't really make it clearer. Isn't that how they calculated it before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

It's a great help to have other people in the same boat allright. I'm very lucky as my WW leader has been on Propoints for a while now so she knows the programme quite well.

It's just going to take time to adjust and I need to be patient with the programme and myself.

Alpha. Well done on getting to goal. It's hard trying to find a happy medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi, cant believe i dont know the answer to this but when ww says drink 8 goes of water how much is this? 2l?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

our meeting was a waste of time,,the whole meeting was showing people how to figure out that stupid wheel,,not another thing were we told!!!!maybe i wasn't interested as i knew i was buying a calculator,,anyhooooo i was down 1lb:D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

alpha2010 wrote: »

I got to goal two months ago as most of you know.. I have been trying to maintain my weight but I have been going up and down constantly. I keep weighing myself every week and I know I shouldn't but Im afraid I will go off track. My goal weight was 9 stone 7.

I go to 9 stone 5 then the next week ill jump to 9 stone 8 or so and then back again.. should I just weigh myself every 2 or 3 weeks ?? its just when I get to 9 stone 5, I relax and just eat everything because Im under my goal weight but then next week I have to pay for it when Im up by 3, so I then have a harsh week. should I continue with this method; having one good week and then having one bad week or should I try maintain the same weight each week

Alpha, first of all congratulations for getting to your goal... that is brilliant! My goal weight is 9st but I would love to be 9st 7... do u mind me asking what you started with?

I think you should definitely keep weighing yourself, once a week at the most and make sure you do it at the same day and time every week. Try not to beat yourself up about being up a couple of pounds and then down a couple of pounds here and there, it all balances out and as long as you stay within 9st5 and 9st8 i think thats perfectly fine :D

foundry wrote: »
    Hi, cant believe i dont know the answer to this but when ww says drink 8 goes of water how much is this? 2l?
    i think they reccomend 1.5 litres

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Alpha, first of all congratulations for getting to your goal... that is brilliant! My goal weight is 9st but I would love to be 9st 7... do u mind me asking what you started with?

I think you should definitely keep weighing yourself, once a week at the most and make sure you do it at the same day and time every week. Try not to beat yourself up about being up a couple of pounds and then down a couple of pounds here and there, it all balances out and as long as you stay within 9st5 and 9st8 i think thats perfectly fine :D

I was 14 stone 4 starting off, and the lowest I have gotten to is 9 stone 4 so a total of 5 stone I have lost .. it took me 8 months to lose it
    People say it was way too quickly but I just followed the WW plan and exercised 5 times a week but I lose it easily but I can also gain it easily so thats my problem with that

I was 14 stone 4 starting off, and the lowest I have gotten to is 9 stone 4 so a total of 5 stone I have lost .. it took me 8 months to lose it
    People say it was way too quickly but I just followed the WW plan and exercised 5 times a week but I lose it easily but I can also gain it easily so thats my problem with that

wow thats fantastic!!!i cant imagone being 9st5 but my leader keeps telling me it's my goal weight,,i dont think i even want to get that small!!!

• Advertisement

Oh my god that is amazing, fair play to you!! 5 stone in 8 months is some achievement! Im so motivated now! Well done! Keep up the good work! Like I said dont worry about gaining the odd pound here or there as long as you work it back the next week i think thats fine :)

tantipie wrote: »
    wow thats fantastic!!!i cant imagone being 9st5 but my leader keeps telling me it's my goal weight,,i dont think i even want to get that small!!!

I miss the extra weight at times, but its great being able to shop and know they will have your size in store, I was a size 16 or 18 and now I can fit into a 10 but I like to keep my clothes a little loose so Im in a size 12 for most things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 susie r

Hi all.

Am hoping to go to W W nxt week but in the mean time wud like to get started on the pro points. The thing is how many pro points am I allowed. I am 5. 5 and 150lbs.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Hi Susie R.
    I'm afraid only your leader will be able to tell you your points allowance. Their computer system works it out - apprently it's quite a complicated procedure!
    The minimum is 29 per day.
    And you get a weekly allowance of 49 points for a splash-out! :D:D
    Best of luck.

Gonna hit tescos after work and get all my ingredients and try out one of the dinners and one of the soups! Will let ye know how I get on tomorrow! So excited! :D

Ok so just to let ye know, I tried the italian one pan lamb recipe from the booklet last night, I made it with chicken though cos not a big fan of lamb and it was a total of 10 ppts including the pasta so not bad! It was only ok, dont think i'll be making it again to be honest...

Gonna make the spicey tomatoe and butternut squash soup tonight.. hopefully it'll be nice, will let ye know tomorrow!

Oh and just while I think of it, be careful with some of the recipes and the way they are pointed, Ive noticed a lot of them are pointed without including the pasta, rice, etc... so just be careful to remember to add extra points for whatever garnish you are having!

i had chicken and rice,,ww tikka sauce and it was yum,,13 pp tho,,god feels a lot

I think you just need to find a happy medium between eating everything and rewarding yourself for getting to goal and being strict with yourself because you need to loose weight.

How did you find it the week's you were on the maintenance plan in the class? PLay around with your points over the next few weeks until your weight stabilises again.

It's going to take a while for your body to re-adjust.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Gonna make the spicey tomatoe and butternut squash soup tonight.. hopefully it'll be nice, will let ye know tomorrow!

I made this & it's lovely. Quite expensive to make tho...and I'm sure you know yourself what a bugger bns is to prepare. FYI my veg took ages more than 45 mins to roast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Slaygal wrote: »
    I'm totally perplexed.

The first thing that I find very strange is that almost everyone in my class is on 29 points, these are people of all heights and weights. I pretty sure that my friend who was on less points than me in the old programme now has the same ammount of points as I do eventhough she's a LOT lighter than I am.

Secondly, I'm coeliac and had managed to find really nice Gluten Free bread for 1.5 points a slice on the old programme now it's 3 Propoints a slice. 6 propoints for 2 pieces of bread :( That's ridiculous.

So just like you Pink Chick my old reliables have all gone.

you will drive your selves nuts trying to compare points to the old system. Its not that foods have gotten higher in points....they are measured in a totally different way now...it's all in proportion, foods measure a litter higher...but your daily allowance is also higher now.

Try and approach it as tho your joining weight watchers for the first time and know nothing of the old system.

Dont worry! Stick with it! You will love it when you start seeing results. Ask your leader about gluten free ww friendly foods.

Good luck!

foundry wrote: »

8 glasses of water = 64floz = roughly 2 litres of water.

The water really makes a HUGE difference! Hydration really helps the energy levels too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 addda

Well done Alpha!! I'd love it if I could achieve what you have.

Sorry for all the posts, im going thru all of your posts and replying individually

I just checked the english ww site for gluten free bread...I couldn't find anything lower than 3 prpts a slice. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Sorry for all the posts, im going thru all of your posts and replying individually

I just checked the english ww site for gluten free bread...I couldn't find anything lower than 3 prpts a slice. Sorry!

Hi guys my hubby is a coeliac I just pointed the one I bought for him in tesco today and it comes in at pp2 per 28g slice, it is" tesco free from" white sliced bread, hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Hi suzy bubbaloo is probably right only your leader will be able to tell you for sure, if you start off on 29 points which is the min and the weekly allowance of 49 you will be grand.
    Heres a few more pp I came across in febs issue of ww magazine, I must say I was plesantly suprised by the peanuts pp.

25g salted, roasted peanuts pp4
    50g granary bread roll pp3
    weight watchers mini cookies 1 bag pp2
    tesco freefrom white gluten free bread per slice pp2

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

Gosh this forum has gotten busy- new years resolutions and all that!

I haven't posted in a while, have been pretty lazy about going to classes. My goal before Xmas was to get to 10st 3.5 as this had been my previous low. I decided to join wwonline today so weighed myself to register and I was at 10st 3.5. Very happy with myself!

So have registered online for pro points. To be honest, i could find better uses for the 10 euro a week for the class. I have to say I find the whole thing a bit confusing like a lot of people here! What I dislike most is that there is no list of basic food with the relevant ppts value. Things like average chicken breast or pork chop. And are all fruit and veg free?

I have modified my iwatchr app and tried to change the values of my food list, going to start from tomorrow. Trying to get the OH to give it a go, he has a bit to loose too...

Good luck peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

So i got back from travelling 3 months ago, after being on WW for years and never getting to goal (being always around 5lbs away so pretty close, could just never get that last bit down) and I put on all the weight I'd lost originally and a little bit more. Not sure if I've ever been as heave as I am now. Went straight back to ww when i got home, but didnt get into it, 1lb up 1 down.

Am so motivated by the new plan though, it looks fantastic and might be just what I need to kickstart me back into. I miss all my size 12 clothes that are hanging in my closet teasing me. First day on the new program and I really dunno how it can work. I've eaten so much today and havent even touched my 49 extra weekly points. I did hit bang on the 31 points I'm allowed.

Also reading everyone stories on here has made me even more motivated! I think this time will see me actually hit my goal weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

kildareash wrote: »
    Thanks, I'd really appreciate that.
    I wasn't getting that option on the uk one, only on the Irish site.

This option does appear to have disappeared from the UK site. Maybe the lads over the on Apple forum might be able to give an alternative route. Sorry, but my techy knowledge is very limited just seems strange that it's disappeared so quickly.

This option does appear to have disappeared from the UK site. Maybe the lads over the on Apple forum might be able to give an alternative route. Sorry, but techy knowledge is very limited just seems strange that it's disappeared so quickly.

Thanks for checking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

Well I had my first WI tonight and it was staggering to say the least, I'd rather not say what it was but I will share eventually when I've moved away from it. The Leader is brilliant and so encouraging and I like the look of the ProPoints. Well, as they say onwards and downwards hopefully!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 arfheabhas

Hope everyone a had a merry christmas and a happy new year!

Despite being well intentioned I basically took the week off after christmas. Decided to get back on the wagon and joined ww online yesterday so had to weigh myself was up 3 1/2 lbs and to be honest i was expecting it to be worse as I totally pigged out over xmas.

So onwards and downwards, want to lose the 3 1/2 lbs by my birthday in a couple of weeks. And continue on from there.

Here's to a happy and healthy new year for us all!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement