Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Well getting back on track after St Stephens day never happened.

Came down with nasty chest infection and just wanted handy food and was eating lots of sandwiches.

Also drinking lots of honey and lemon, and still am because the cough is lingering..

As long as there are no more sweets of temptation in work, I am vowing to get back on track as of tomorrow. Let's hope stepping on the scales on Wednesday isn't too much of a nightmare.

Happy New Year everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Monife wrote: »
    Well getting back on track after St Stephens day never happened.

Came down with nasty chest infection and just wanted handy food and was eating lots of sandwiches.

Also drinking lots of honey and lemon, and still am because the cough is lingering..

As long as there are no more sweets of temptation in work, I am vowing to get back on track as of tomorrow. Let's hope stepping on the scales on Wednesday isn't too much of a nightmare.

Happy New Year everyone :)

that is exactly what happened to me! I've been living on sandwiches of leftovers for the last three weeks cos been too sick to want to cook. and of course Christmas season all the nice fatty cheeses and dressings around...
    And i've been eating my mums dinners! Not good!

But finally getting over my cold/sinus infection. Had to get antibiotics to clear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Slaygal & Lady Lainy- well done!

Welcome to the party Pixie Girl, LadyMuck and ChompChomp!!

Thanx muirgheal! Haven't posted much on this because I've totally fallen off the wagon all over Xmas... I've been a disaster :( Hoping to get back into now with the new system... Bit anxious bout it, was just getting used to the old system! Read an interesting article about it and wanted to share it with ye, here's the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1326447/Weight-Watchers-Pro-Points-plan-A-new-approach-dieting-success.html

Here's to getting thin in 2011!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Hey all, delighted I found this thread! I joined WW early last year but had to move countries about 5 weeks after I started :( I kept most of my booklets and pointers so i kept doing it myself up until about July. I had lost approx 2.5 stone. I stopped pointing and stopped loosing weight (at least it didnt go up at all)

I'v decided to start pointing and tracking again today and rejoin meetings when I return home in a couple months, so this is almost like a meeting I guess.

I'm hoping to have about another stone off when I return home, then I'll hit the shops :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

I weighed in this morning having not weighed in last week with christmas and I cannot believe that I am here to say that I have lost a pound in the last two weeks!! I just cant believe it! I was praying to have stayed the same or at least only gained by 1 or 2 lbs! Cant believe I've lost!
    New Year now guys and Im hoping this forum is going to be full of life from people in the same situation :)

• Advertisement

Well done to those who lost,

Well done to those who are just joining,

Well done to those (like me) who gained over Christmas and are coming back to face the music and get back on track!

Well Done Everyone! :D

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Well done to those who lost,

Well done to those who are just joining,

Well done to those (like me) who gained over Christmas and are coming back to face the music and get back on track!

Well Done Everyone! :D

Your dead right. The fact that we are all here getting back on track, or starting off fresh means A LOT. Hopefully this thread will be busy from now on with all of us freshly motivated and ready for a great year ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭irishneady

hello :(

It's me I am back hanging my head in shame :rolleyes: lol. Am registering for ww again on wednesday.

are ye on the new programme? am trying to find out about it online? think I will find this confusing now as have a lot of points in my head of current food from normal point list,.

can anyone let me know if they are on this points plus one or whatever its called. Just trying to get a heads up before meeting on weds. I heard fruit is now zero (in moderation and obviously not dried fruit or avocado).

irishneady wrote: »
    hello :(

It's me I am back hanging my head in shame :rolleyes: lol. Am registering for ww again on wednesday.

are ye on the new programme? am trying to find out about it online? think I will find this confusing now as have a lot of points in my head of current food from normal point list,.

can anyone let me know if they are on this points plus one or whatever its called. Just trying to get a heads up before meeting on weds. I heard fruit is now zero (in moderation and obviously not dried fruit or avocado).

I'm following Pro Points! Its really good and works great...when you follow it. I'm in college fulltime, So my schedule doesn't give me time to go to meetings anymore :( I'm using the ww online uk site.

Just embrace it, thats my only advice. Try and forget the previous points. cos it is TOTALLY different.

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

cool, have been reading some links to it now. so it seems food has a bit of a higher value but you get more from your daily allowance?

any online calculators to figure out how many points per day I'd get. can't wait now for meeting on weds. Just wanna get stuck in!!

• Advertisement

cool, have been reading some links to it now. so it seems food has a bit of a higher value but you get more from your daily allowance?

any online calculators to figure out how many points per day I'd get. can't wait now for meeting on weds. Just wanna get stuck in!!

As its a new programme....like brand new, its all being kept in house at the moment. your points will be calculated at the meeting.

I paying to use the english ww website. SO i have access to to extra ww content and calculators.

point values are higher....but so is your daily point allowance. I was on 29 points, now i'm on 44 pro points,

you also get a weekly treat balance of 49 pro points to use however and on what ever you like. Everyones treat balance is the same.

Best thing is wait for the meeting....follow their guidance.

Thanks Lady
    There is one tomorrow but its not in my own town its close by but I'd prefer to do it here so shall have to wait. Have also signed up for zumba classes too- woop!

were u on the original points system? if so was it hard trying to forget the old points? And what about the ww meals? I assume they'll all need changing to the new point system.

Thanks Lady
    There is one tomorrow but its not in my own town its close by but I'd prefer to do it here so shall have to wait. Have also signed up for zumba classes too- woop!

were u on the original points system? if so was it hard trying to forget the old points? And what about the ww meals? I assume they'll all need changing to the new point system.

yeah I was on the old points for about a year. I'm a paid member of the UK site, so it has a full listing of all the pro points, and calculators on there. And it has a database of foods already pro pointed.

I embraced the new system 100%, i've totally forgotten the old pointing of foods. I dont use the ww meals. The old points are going to be around for while. its going to take a while to change over and rebrand all the ww foods.

X Pro Points is how things will be marked. if it gives X points, that the old system

ah am looking forward to it. been so bold over the festive season and am bridesmaid in april.

how have you been doing on it? i lost a stone last year but hmmm some of that has crept back on :(

http://www.weightwatchers.co.uk/

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

And I would advise getting the new pro points electronic calculator!

You can get them on ebay, I dont know if the meetings will have them yet.

but definitely worth it! took all the guess work out of it!

ah am looking forward to it. been so bold over the festive season and am bridesmaid in april.

how have you been doing on it? i lost a stone last year but hmmm some of that has crept back on :(

I switched over to it in October, cos the uk is ahead of Ireland, but i've only been half assed doing it. cos i kinda lost motivation, plus i was crazy busy with college, and then I got sick start of december...then then christmas.

But the weeks I do pull the finger out and follow it religiously I do GREAT!

I have gained about 10lbs since being back in college! But i'm taking control of that now.

yea might see if there is an app. I have an app for iphone for old points system. suppose like the old way you will just learn them quickly if they your favourite things.

I've seen a Pro Points App on the British Itunes.

Thanks Lady

Ive noticed that a lot of the WW foods in the shops actually quote the propoints now

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi if I go to a WW meeting tomorrow will I be using to Pro points system from then on??
    I hope so. New year, new system new me :)

• Advertisement

Hey foundry

I remember your name from before. Yes i think everyone is being put on the propoints. The only thing that I will be a bit " put off" is that now all the points bible i have made is of no use. Alas we can bulk up on fruit.

I just weighed myself there and am up up up! I'll be morto going to the meeting now. Does everyone at meeting here what u weigh?? I didnt do meetings last time. Figured this time I'd chose meetings for motivation reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

Hi Irishneady!

Yes I've been lurking here on & off for a year now. Feel like I'm going around in circles!! This has to be my year!!! :cool:

I cant wait for the new system, yes it'll be tricky at first but give it a week or two & we'll be flying!

No way is your weight disclosed to the other members, just you & your leader will know.. and remember there's always someone worse than you!!

Best of luck in 2011 x

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Hi all, everyone feeling all determined now? My meeting is back tonight. Really want to give it a good run this year. Got engaged at Christmas so more reason than ever now! Plus going to be a bridesmaid for my sister. So no more excuses. Need to shift at least a stone as quickly as possible!! Good luck everyone on first week back.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭JOJOC123

Hi Guys

Happy new year to you all!!!

Congrats Pink Chick on the engagement, I also got engaged just before Christmas so big big incentive to loss the weight this year.

Cant wait to start the new programme - got very fed up with the old system and being up one week and down the next.

Anyway best of luck to everyone and let this be our year to loss the weight for good.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PinkChick

Congrats to you too JoJo. Yep know exactly what you mean. Relying on using the new system to give me the kick start I need. But know that this time I need to take the exercise a lot more seriously so that is my main aim to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭littlebitdull

Went back this morning after the christmas break. So so so glad to be back. Bring back some sort of routine!!

Delighted to say that while I was indeed up over the christmas - it was only 1lb !! So actually trilled with myself!

We got all the new stuff for the pro-points system, and have to say I am looking at it as a fresh start for a new year. I did buy a nice new WW cookbook last year, but they are printing out suplements with the new points for any books bought last year, so that will help.

And am deffinately going to splash out the tenner on a calculator next week (after pay day!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

I'm a gold member (within range) & was asked for €10 for the new material :mad: Did anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarah948

Hi All,

Just been going through as much as this thread as possible. Looks like a great support network.

I am really thinking about joining WW again. I was a member years ago. Once when I was still in school we did it as a whole family that was great. And the class was a really good one. I lost over 2 stone, kept it off for ages until I started college!! Then again a few years ago I joined a different class. It wasnt great to be honest and I didnt really like the leader. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on a class to join. I live in Ballinteer and see there is one in BCS. Where exactly in the school is it? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I'm a gold member (within range) & was asked for €10 for the new material :mad: Did anyone else have this?
    our leader told us before Christmas that if we knew any gold members to get them in first week back as they'd get the materials for free but after that they'd be charged for it:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

tantipie wrote: »
    our leader told us before Christmas that if we knew any gold members to get them in first week back as they'd get the materials for free but after that they'd be charged for it:(

and this is first week isn't it? Or was it on the 27th?

ETA
    Found a propoints online calculator
    Just tested it and got the same result as with my new mind-bending circular points finder
    7 points for a Tesco Finest mince pie :lookround:

PRO POINTS FINDER

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement