Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 nevevix

Hi Everybody,

I read through this tread & found it very inspirational. I am new to weightwatchers. I have just begun today. I have tried many fad diets- like cabbage soup, juice diet etc. Ive used weight loss chinese teas & tablets etc. I am 24 and never needed dieting until the last year. I gave up smoking last year & piled on almost 2 stone :mad: its very frustrating and upseting because my clothes dont fit me anymore. I have a small frame and I was always used to being small and now i hate even going to work because I feel so embarassed. I know its my own fault because ill be really healthy for a while and then ill just binge and eat a ridiclous amount of food. I was NEVER like this before. I just eat what I wanted and it never crossed my mind. So I hope that the weightwatchers will work for me to help me keep on track of my eating etc. Im not going to a class- Im just using the materials I have from my mam at home.

Thanks all
    Nevevix

• Registered Users Posts: 47 SAexpat

hey guys ,

im looking for a nice ww no point s soup recipe ? i have the butternut squash one but i just cant seem to find another one thats nice and tasty. seem to be eating loads of soup due to the whether and would love to be able to make my own. any ideas or recipes ?

thanks a mill

cat

Please please post the link to the butternut one! I love it but the only recipe I have is not weightwatchers at all! Also please if anybody has any other ww type soup recipes - please post!

Hi and welcome!

I guess different things work for different people to be honest. But for me... its definitely poppint in here every day (many times a day lol). I set up a food diary in the food diaries subforum and if you haven't already visited that forum I recommend you do because you will find many people who are in a similar situation to yourself, you can gain great support there, great advice and also you can get an idea of what other people are eating and doing and how it works for them.
    As I said different things work for different people.... I found it really hard to get started at first.... Ive been up and down on diets for years and I had been up on my weight for a good few years now and I would try to loose weight every now and then but would never stick to it.... I had been trying to get going for ages and I just couldnt get the motivation. I just managed to stick to it for a week or two and after seeing a loss on the weighing scales that definitely boosted my motivation and then I came here and like I said, I got great advice and motivation here.

Hope it works out for you :)

Thanks, time for a change, I think this thread will be a great help and inspiration. I have been trying to go back and read previous pages when I have the opportunity and there is lots of tips etc. Hopefully I will be able to offer some in the future too!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arfheabhas

Its so cold... Can't wait for the weather to let up a bit so I can go and do a bit of Christmas shopping.

Well third last weigh in for me before Christmas- down 1 1/2 lb's. Happy with that haven't been writing down my points this wk just doing them in my head so going to point properly this week. 2lbs to go to get to my first stone and i'm aiming to do that before Christmas.

Just doing this myself so I find this board great- it's nice to hear how other people are getting on the good and bad- makes it feel like i'm not alone in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Breakfast:
    Nescafe Skinny Mocha = 2 pro points
    Oatmeal with Slimline milke = 5 pro points
    7 pro points

Lunch:
    4 slices of white bread = 9 pro points
    60 g of wafer ham = 2 pro points
    35g of Extra Light Mayo = 1 pro point
    Salad = 0 pro points
    12 pro points

Dinner:
    110g of brown spagetti = 10 pro points
    1 packet of Aldi ham cubes = 2 pro points
    2 whole eggs = 2 pro points
    (its the ww carbonara recipe)
    14 pro points

I still have about 11 pro points which I will probably use on soup and coco later on in the evening as it gets colder later tonight.

Hey Lainy ,

I've been reading about the propoints but didnt realise it was rolled out yet. How long have you been doing it ? Do you know if its started in the classes yet ? dying to have a look at it.

Thanks Cat,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

SAexpat wrote: »
    Please please post the link to the butternut one! I love it but the only recipe I have is not weightwatchers at all! Also please if anybody has any other ww type soup recipes - please post!

Hey ,

Its sooo simple.

1 butternut Squash ,
    1 red pepper,
    1 onion,
    Veg stock.

Boil it all up and salt and peper to taste :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭timeforachange

Hey ,

Its sooo simple.

1 butternut Squash ,
    1 red pepper,
    1 onion,
    Veg stock.

That sounds sooo simple and yummy!! Thanks for that can't wait to try it! is it 0points then?? I cant remember if veg stock has points or not!

I forgot to post in here yesterday as I am always posting in my food diary but I want to keep up to date with this thread too.
    Was down 1.4lbs yester, happy with that since I hadn't the best week damn cold weather!!
    Im 1.6lbs away from my first stone now so I would be delighted if I could get it off by next week, or at least the following week :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

Hey Lainy ,

I've been reading about the propoints but didnt realise it was rolled out yet. How long have you been doing it ? Do you know if its started in the classes yet ? dying to have a look at it.

Thanks Cat,

its only in the uk at the moment. an irish starting date hasnt been set as far as i know. I dont use the classes cos I cant fit them in around college. I really miss them. I do need the shame factor...it kept me on line. But doing it online (thru ww uk) its easy to just go ...ah sure no ones i'm up X amount this week. I technically switched to pro points about a month ago. but last week i put my food down and really followed it religiously and lost 2 lbs. And thats with out excercise. cos I just dont have time for exercise at the moment. I'm up to my eyes in assignments for college.

I'm trying to get as much work done as possible so I can actually spent my x mas hols fitting in some much needed excercise! I have loads of passes in my drawer for the local gym. going to go swimming and try and fit in loads of cardio! The xmas holidays will be ME ME ME time! Time to work on MEEEE!

one thing i really like about pro points is you cant save and borrow points from other days in the week. Use them or Lose them. So if you do have a bad day....next day you just have to start fresh with your full daily allowance. Cos I know...if i have one REALLY REALLY bad day....i used to beat my self up and throw the rest of the week away convinced the damage was irriversible. For me...i find this new programme has me thinking in a much more positive way.

Hey ,

Its sooo simple.

1 butternut Squash ,
    1 red pepper,
    1 onion,
    Veg stock.

Thank you ! sounds good , will try it tomorrow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Well done everyone! :)

WI this morning and I have passed my Christmas target that I set here for myself a month or so ago- I am well happy!

ALSO- in class today my leader gave me my certificate of achievement for losing 50 lbs- I have it framed and on the wall I'm so chuffed! <Oh God I hope that I don't have to give it back after Christmas!>

Anyway- new recipe from the cooking forum- Thai Beanburgers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055867514

I baked these at 200c for 25 mins instead of frying. Yum! Total using 2 tbsp flour, 8 <old> points. Made into 4 burgers, makes 2 points per burger. (I did these with butternut squash chips- I'm running into danger of turning into a squash!)

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Well done everyone! :)

WI this morning and I have passed my Christmas target that I set here for myself a month or so ago- I am well happy!

ALSO- in class today my leader gave me my certificate of achievement for losing 50 lbs- I have it framed and on the wall I'm so chuffed! <Oh God I hope that I don't have to give it back after Christmas!>

Anyway- new recipe from the cooking forum- Thai Beanburgers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055867514

I baked these at 200c for 25 mins instead of frying. Yum! Total using 2 tbsp flour, 8 <old> points. Made into 4 burgers, makes 2 points per burger. (I did these with butternut squash chips- I'm running into danger of turning into a squash!)

WOW well done thats an amazing achievement!!!!!
    That recipe looks delicious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Pixie Girl

Hello everyone,

I'm new to boards.ie and new to WW... came across this thread and have read through a good bit of it and find it brilliant for tips and hearing other peoples stories to keep me motivated!

I suppose I should start by telling you a bit about myself and my struggle with weight.... I was never skinny, have always been fairly chubby as a kid, in secondary school I was a generous size 10. When I moved out of home and started college I went from a 10 to 12 between 1st and 2nd year and then from 12 to 14 between 3rd and 4th year. I suppose because the weight gain was so gradual, I never really noticed/cared too much about it. At my heaviest I weighed approx 12 stone. Its only when I graduated and started an office job and when the pounds continued to pile on (what with the endless slices of cake, buns, scones, sausage rolls and huge dinners for lunch!!) that I decided I needed to take action! I became a lot more active over the past year and have lost a good bit of weight from exercise alone, however my eating habits are still terrible and that is why I have decided to join WW.

I joined 3 weeks ago and weighed in at 10st 3.5lb and was given a goal of 9st, my first week I lost 2.5lb but last week went up 1lb which really knocked me. I have my weigh in tonight and am dreading it because I am finding it very difficult to kick my old eating habits. I am hoping that this thread will help me stay focused and motivated!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭hollyhock

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I'm new to boards.ie and new to WW... came across this thread and have read through a good bit of it and find it brilliant for tips and hearing other peoples stories to keep me motivated!

I suppose I should start by telling you a bit about myself and my struggle with weight.... I was never skinny, have always been fairly chubby as a kid, in secondary school I was a generous size 10. When I moved out of home and started college I went from a 10 to 12 between 1st and 2nd year and then from 12 to 14 between 3rd and 4th year. I suppose because the weight gain was so gradual, I never really noticed/cared too much about it. At my heaviest I weighed approx 12 stone. Its only when I graduated and started an office job and when the pounds continued to pile on (what with the endless slices of cake, buns, scones, sausage rolls and huge dinners for lunch!!) that I decided I needed to take action! I became a lot more active over the past year and have lost a good bit of weight from exercise alone, however my eating habits are still terrible and that is why I have decided to join WW.

I joined 3 weeks ago and weighed in at 10st 3.5lb and was given a goal of 9st, my first week I lost 2.5lb but last week went up 1lb which really knocked me. I have my weigh in tonight and am dreading it because I am finding it very difficult to kick my old eating habits. I am hoping that this thread will help me stay focused and motivated!! :)
    what height are you,10.3 seems like a good weight to be,if ur 5ft4ins,it would be fine.

well done muirgheal!

hollyhock wrote: »
    what height are you,10.3 seems like a good weight to be,if ur 5ft4ins,it would be fine.

Yeah I actually am 5ft 4ins and I know that 10.3 is a good weight to be but because of all my poor eating habits i have developed Im afraid that all the weight I have lost will slowing creep back on like it did before because I havent been exercising a lot so I just wanna stay on top of it really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chompchomp

Hi and welcome! I have no experience with the new plan as it hasn't been introduced here yet, however Lady Lainy will probably be able to give you some advice on it as she is doing it online.

Im really excited about it because I think it sounds great and its something new to get our teeth into!! Ive read a little about it and basically they have changed the way they calculate points to introduce fibre etc. rather than just calories and sat. fat. I think you get a certain amount of points a day and then you have something like 49 points a week for treats. It sounds great to me!

Hey thanks. Your right, it does sound good. I think its more conducive to keeping weight off also. I hear mixed results of pro points from the weight watchers page, but I think part of it is educating yourself. Im lucky in that I love my veg (fruit I can take it or leave it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chompchomp

hi chomp,

I've been on weight watchers for the last year, using the old system. I started back in college this september. I found it really hard to track properly.

I switched to pro-points a few weeks ago, but this week just gone is the first week that i really did it properly and lost 2lbs without any exercise! I just didn't have time for exercise this week.

Propoints is a totally new system, new calculations, new point system, and point values. Its more about promoting healthy filling foods, and not just about portions. like this time our wholemeal foods are lower than white verity foods like brown rice is lower point value than white rice, and the same with pasta. promoting the healthier choice.

I'm on 44 pro-points daily, + 49 treat pro-points to use how ever i want. I use my 49 pro-points for things like mayonnaise, and sauces, using them to add flavour to healthy bland foods like baked chicken breast. I also use my pro points for my skinny coffee's.

I'm staying off drink as much as I can, giving my self one massive night out a month with college.

Thats brilliant, well done.The drink is the killer for me as well. The pro points does seem to give people a lot more leeway for days when your starving. I deffo think it sounds better because you can educate your self about healthy food. Thats a big thing that I didn't like about the old points.I've gotton the dreaded graduation over and done with so time to start. Just going to start out with some walking as regards exercise because I really hate being unfit so hopefully that will help.Keep up the good work

Pixie Girl wrote: »
    Yeah I actually am 5ft 4ins and I know that 10.3 is a good weight to be but because of all my poor eating habits i have developed Im afraid that all the weight I have lost will slowing creep back on like it did before because I havent been exercising a lot so I just wanna stay on top of it really :)
    good for you,i would love to be even 11.7 and im around same height,got to it before but sadly(didn't keep it in check)am now back 2sts heavier!!!!!ragin with myself,wasn't been smart to you or anything!!!good on u 4 havin will power x

hollyhock wrote: »
    good for you,i would love to be even 11.7 and im around same height,got to it before but sadly(didn't keep it in check)am now back 2sts heavier!!!!!ragin with myself,wasn't been smart to you or anything!!!good on u 4 havin will power x

Aw thanx a million hollyhock, thats so lovely to hear, I know u werent bein smart dont worry! X

U will get to your goal, I have faith in you! The new programme thats coming in January might help, been hearing good things about it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Slaygal

Well done Muirgheal ! 50 pounds down is a massive achievement :)
    LaineyLady thrilled for ya cos I know you were having a tough time.

I ate rings around myself at the weekend due to boredom so it was a pleasant surprised to be down this week.

TOTM is here and all I want to do is eat preferably junk food.
    I avoid the sweets/crisps/biscuits aisles in the supermarket.

Any tips ?

down 1.8lbs!

cant believe it....two good weeks in a row! fingers crossed I can keep this up till xmas and i'll be on top of the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

I just used your data in my propoints electronic calculator,

Youll be on 29 daily propoints, and 49 bonus weekly propoints,

Here is a link for working out the propoints of foods,

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

OH MY GOD. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE do propoints for me. I am sooo fed up with my weight.

I will be so so so happy if you would not mind:
    I am 5 ft 8ins

14 st 6 lbs

33 years ols

XXXXXXXXXXX thanks in advance

ladymuck wrote: »
    OH MY GOD. Can someone PLEASE PLEASE do propoints for me. I am sooo fed up with my weight.

I will be so so so happy if you would not mind:
    I am 5 ft 8ins

14 st 6 lbs

33 years ols

XXXXXXXXXXX thanks in advance

32 pro points a day,
    49 treat pro points a week

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ladymuck

32 pro points a day,
    49 treat pro points a week

Lady Lany,

Thanks so much. You truly are a lady. I cant wait to start. I am starting tomorrow morning. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope you have massive losses due to your kindness. XXXXXXXXxx

ladymuck wrote: »
    Lady Lany,

Thanks so much. You truly are a lady. I cant wait to start. I am starting tomorrow morning. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope you have massive losses due to your kindness. XXXXXXXXxx

Thank you! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Muirgheal

Slaygal & Lady Lainy- well done!

Welcome to the party Pixie Girl, LadyMuck and ChompChomp!

Last WI before Christmas this morning and just realised I am over half way to my eventual goal- YIPEE!

-3.5lbs down today- and I am hoping that I don't regain too much over Christmas!

Seriously can those of you who have survived Christmases past as a weight watcher share the secret of your success- cause I am dreading it!

Muirgheal wrote: »
    Slaygal & Lady Lainy- well done!

Welcome to the party Pixie Girl, LadyMuck and ChompChomp!

Last WI before Christmas this morning and just realised I am over half way to my eventual goal- YIPEE!

-3.5lbs down today- and I am hoping that I don't regain too much over Christmas!

Seriously can those of you who have survived Christmases past as a weight watcher share the secret of your success- cause I am dreading it!

This year I'm just going to give my self a Christmas three day weekend. I figure in three days i cant do THAT much damage to my self. I have a big appetite...but there is only SO much one can eat over three days.

I know if i have this "must be good must be good must be good" attitude towards christmas I'll end up going off the wagon and nose diving into several tins of roses and bottles of baileys; but if i let my self have bit if everything in...somewhat slightly generous moderation I hope i wont want everything....i'm one of these "want what I cant have" people. If i know i'm allowed to have it....the want goes away! but if i know i'm not allowed to have it...i just want it ten times more
    With money being tight, and my birthday in mid January I'm staying at home for new years. Might just next door to my cousins for a family dinner. So I figure with only one bold splurge hopefully I wont do too much damage to my self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alpha2010

haven't posted here in about 2 weeks

I have been on maintenance points for over a month now and I have been up 1 and down 1 since then.. I weigh myself every week because if I don't ill be to strict on myself and wouldn't allow myself a treat..

last week was a nightmare, because the snow had turned to ice so I couldnt jog, the gym was closed because pipes were frozen so all i could do was exercise at home which wasn't much

but this week I had no excuse, so was at the gym 5 times this week and I lost the 2 pound that I had gained.. Im allowing myself to put on a few pounds for Christmas, im not depriving myself but I will get strict again once January hits :)

I lost 70 pound and Im within a healthy weight now but after Christmas Im going to try lose a few more pound because I have a tiny bit of extra fat on my stomach and need to lose it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭TheScriptFan

Wow - Well done on losing 70lbs, that's really a phenomenal achievement. One I hope to follow in your steps to! Any tips??
    I am started this week, and find it fine up to the evenings, and then it all goes wrong. I live on my own so have no one to reign me in and stop me. I have huge respect for anyone who has succeeded. But I will try and do just one day at a time. Where can I go to get some quick and easy weight watcher receipes? I wouldn't be the best in the kitchen now!!
    Good luck to everyone over Christmas!! xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement