Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gran Turismo

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Anyone drive the Red Bull X2010 s.vettel car yet its a bullet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

no
    Are there any free cars I can download lads?

I just did GT5 thing on facebook and got a free XJ13 Jaguar Race Car, which is nice!

Any other DLC I should know about? Loving it so far, got the B, A and IC licenses, and cleared all of the beginner races bar the Japanese one. Early days yet, I know, but still really loving it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

no
    Whats that thing on Facebook? I want a free car as well :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭d93c2inhxfok4y

no
    ollie1 wrote: »
    Whats that thing on Facebook? I want a free car as well :D

Here you go mate!
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135391

I did it yesterday and it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

no
    Here you go mate!
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135391

I did it yesterday and it works.

Thanks dude did it today and it worked great :D

finally got my DFGT set up and anchored down, it really is worth while lol. Should really increase the enjoyment factor of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,624 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks quick question

How come the game isnt full screen during the driving

tv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

no
    Headshot wrote: »
    folks quick question

<snip>

It actually is but not on all televisions, the 42'' LG downstairs is like the photo you posted but my own 19'' Samsung had a full picture covering all 4 corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

folks quick question

tv.jpg

How have you got it connected?

mle1324 wrote: »
    It actually is but not on all televisions, the 42'' LG downstairs is like the photo you posted but my own 19'' Samsung had a full picture covering all 4 corners.

thats strange
    amacachi wrote: »
    How have you got it connected?

HDMI

Im not sure but the lastest update may have cause it because I cant remember it being like this before the patch

• Advertisement

thats strange

HDMI

Im not sure but the lastest update may have cause it because I cant remember it being like this before the patch

Check your settings both in the XMB and in the game. I think the game only actually runs at 720p so an update may have changed one of your settings to not force fullscreen. If you can't see anything then try switching modes with the TV remote, "super live" and the like.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

no
    surf board wrote: »
    Has anyone got the 3 free dlc cars (Lambo, BMW, Jag) from the chrome line yet via psn store yet? Hear its only for Japan but does anyone use a Japanese login here & can they confirm if it works?

my brother has them, he lives in Ashbourne, a long long way from Japan :D

amacachi wrote: »
    Check your settings both in the XMB and in the game. I think the game only actually runs at 720p so an update may have changed one of your settings to not force fullscreen. If you can't see anything then try switching modes with the TV remote, "super live" and the like.

according to the back of the game box it does 1080p

according to the back of the game box it does 1080p

I wouldn't believe that, a lot of games on the PS3 in particular prefer to run at 720p and let the TV do the upscaling, they have to be manually set to 1080p and have 1080p on the box.

I haven't got the game so I don't know where the settings will be in the games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

thats strange

HDMI

I remember having to adjust the game screensize when I first played it, maybe see if you can do that again?

There might be a way of doing it through the options menu on the main screen for GT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

can anybody help me with something. on gran turismo rally intermediate. ive got gold trophies on snow and tarmac but can not get a trophy at all on gravel. im using the focus rs wrc. is there some setting that needs to be changed cause im all out of ideas???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

eosirl08. wrote: »
    can anybody help me with something. on gran turismo rally intermediate. ive got gold trophies on snow and tarmac but can not get a trophy at all on gravel. im using the focus rs wrc. is there some setting that needs to be changed cause im all out of ideas???

try to slide as little as possible. i found just driving normally around some of the tight hairpins ended up faster than trying to drift around them.

its not easy but if you brake and turn in early you'll end up right at the inside barrier and carry more speed out of corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

no
    Any chance of getting an online room going for boards? I'm finding it very hard to get decent racing online.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Any chance of getting an online room going for boards? I'm finding it very hard to get decent racing online.

Im up for that add me phoniexknight

• Advertisement

no
    Added.
    I was thinking of having a Boards.ie lobby. Probably would be a handy way of doing it. It'd then be recognisable to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

try to slide as little as possible. i found just driving normally around some of the tight hairpins ended up faster than trying to drift around them.

its not easy but if you brake and turn in early you'll end up right at the inside barrier and carry more speed out of corners.

hey thanks for the input i tried driving a little less agressive and stuck close to the barriers and after 1123356723 attempts i finally got it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

eosirl08. wrote: »
    hey thanks for the input i tried driving a little less agressive and stuck close to the barriers and after 1123356723 attempts i finally got it!

nice one. the bad news is the advanced gravel rally is way harder and against other wrc cars.

i only won it by around 2 seconds while i was over 2 minutes ahead on the snow. there always seemed to be one stage where the ai cars could go 8-10 seconds faster regardless so dont give up if you find yourself behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

no
    Im starting a weekly race for boards.ie members. Have a look here and signup if your interested http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69862344#post69862344

no
    Right lads, to complement Kev_PS3's Championship on the weekend I'm thinking of hosting a Championship for midweek. I was thinking Tuesdays at 9.

I was thinking we'd start with a Touring Car type Race on Monza. An easy track to start.
    It'll be a one car race for the first one anyway. I might widen the field to two or three in the following rounds.

The first one could be tomorrow at 9 depending if we get enough people.
    Qualifying would be for half hour before hand.

Length: Two races of 5 laps
    Car: Not sure*
    Circuit: Monza**

* The car I pick will be Max 300bhp for the first round.
    ** Not sure if this circuit really suits lower powered cars so may be changed.

If any one is interested let me know my PSN is jebuslives. Say we'd need at least 8 to start.

More details to follow.

Current Competitors:
    jebuslives
    phoniexknight
    wolforager (maybe)
    Kells97

Advertisement