Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭longwhitecross+

no
    Yeah its great, people setup trackday like events and you just sit there and cruise round the 'ring (or any track, but really, theres only one ;D), day turns into night (really scary track in the dark), tyres wear down and you pit for fuel, then out and go round again. Awesome fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

no
    I havent bought the game yet, but heard it wass due to be the first 3D game on the ps3... has anyone hooked it up to a 3d tellie yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Magic Pips wrote: »
    I havent bought the game yet, but heard it wass due to be the first 3D game on the ps3... has anyone hooked it up to a 3d tellie yet?

It was due to be a launch title too

Was Wipepout not 3D also?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,184 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Yeah its great, people setup trackday like events and you just sit there and cruise round the 'ring (or any track, but really, theres only one ;D), day turns into night (really scary track in the dark), tyres wear down and you pit for fuel, then out and go round again. Awesome fun.

I ordered the game right after I read this post :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

no

Heard the 3d effect isnt great on it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

no
    Yeah my mate has a 3d tele and it just like the cars ar further away or something

no
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I ordered the game right after I read this post :D.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

In GT mode, can you drive the cars yourself? Doing the Sunday cup at the moment and I'm just giving instructions to my "driver". I wanna be the driver, please tell me that this is not the way GT mode has gone??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

B spec was always that way, if ya wanna race go to A spec events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

no
    but heard it wass due to be the first 3D game on the ps3... has anyone hooked it up to a 3d tellie yet?
    It was due to be a launch title too

Was Wipepout not 3D also?

Super Stardust HD is 3D also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jarrath

Essien wrote: »
    Really getting into it now and can see this taking up a good bit of my time. Absolutely loving the Go-Karts!:D The first challenge on the Top Gear test track is some bitch, driving camper vans around in a line, I couldn't get past 8th or 9th, never mind first

If you type "top gear camper van challenge" into youtube the 3rd result down shows a vid of someone coming first in it.. Haven't tried just yet myself...

no
    Jarrath wrote: »
    If you type "top gear camper van challenge" into youtube the 3rd result down shows a vid of someone coming first in it.. Haven't tried just yet myself...

Over at GTPLANET forums there's a vid of a fella winning the gokarting special races backwords. It actually drives faster and relatively speaking is much, much harder to spin. I tried it myself, couldnt get a win though, but for somereason the karts elude me control wise anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

no
    Over at GTPLANET forums there's a vid of a fella winning the gokarting special races backwords. It actually drives faster and relatively speaking is much, much harder to spin. I tried it myself, couldnt get a win though, but for somereason the karts elude me control wise anyway.

Thaw forums are great, lots of helpful people . I'd love to have a drift mess around with boardsies when I get the game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

no

Van challenge is a piece of cake comparing to the next one, lotus one. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

no

I barely got 7th.....bloody thing.:D
    After that there is a Lotus Elise (?) that handles like its on glass.....bloody thing!
    Still can't get past IC2 final test in the Ferrari BB512. Can't touch a car or a barrier for 2 laps and it handles like a shopping trolley......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

no
    Why can't i upgrade the brakes on my cars??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Is anyone having difficulty using multi-player ? I've tried to join about 20 games but get an error about network compatability. Also , Is there a way to invite friends to a race ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

no
    For any of you guys having trouble with the licences try this:

Videos of getting gold in all the licences

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=133813

I know I'll be using it when I get the game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 KarenOD

There is probably some simple way of doing it but is there any way of saving two seperate games of Gran Turismo on the same console to have two seperate profiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

KarenOD wrote: »
    There is probably some simple way of doing it but is there any way of saving two seperate games of Gran Turismo on the same console to have two seperate profiles?
    Do you mean like creating a new user account on the PS3? Or do you mean you want two separate profiles in the same user account?

I think the only way to do what you're looking for is to create a new user on the PS3 (scroll all the way to the left on the PS3 main menu, press triangle on your user profile and sign out, and then select create new user). When you make separate users on the PS3 they'll have their own profile, PlayStation Network account and saves etc.

Is that what you were looking for?

• Advertisement

GothPunk wrote: »
    Do you mean like creating a new user account on the PS3? Or do you mean you want two separate profiles in the same user account?

I think the only way to do what you're looking for is to create a new user on the PS3 (scroll all the way to the left on the PS3 main menu, press triangle on your user profile and sign out, and then select create new user). When you make separate users on the PS3 they'll have their own profile, PlayStation Network account and saves etc.

Is that what you were looking for?

Basically theres two people in the house trying to play Gran Turismo and just want to be able to play our own saves of the game. If that means setting up a whole new user I don't mind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

KarenOD wrote: »
    Basically theres two people in the house trying to play Gran Turismo and just want to be able to play our own saves of the game. If that means setting up a whole new user I don't mind that.
    Yeah so if you just set up a new user like I explained before you'll have your own profiles and saves. If your PS3 is connected to the internet it means each user account will have it's own PlayStation Network account as well. If you download any other games or stuff for Gran Turismo from the PlayStation Store it'll work with any user profile that's on your PS3.

GothPunk wrote: »
    Yeah so if you just set up a new user like I explained before you'll have your own profiles and saves. If your PS3 is connected to the internet it means each user account will have it's own PlayStation Network account as well. If you download any other games or stuff for Gran Turismo from the PlayStation Store it'll work with any user profile that's on your PS3.

Thats great thanks for your help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

no
    Anyone any recommendations for a cheap enough car that can beat the GT All Stars championship?

Have tried everything, even blew 900,000 on that yellowhat supra but failed to even pass 7th place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Doc_Savage

no
    surprised you haven't seen this about.... buy the corvette (zr1?) the newest one! and get it race modded in the auto shop. add all the tuning you can and turn the downforce all the way up!

should cost about 500,000 and will win about three or four race events for you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

no
    Cheers man.

How do I put the downforce on full?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I got the Mazda Furai by (iirc) winning the roadster championship in B-spec mode. The thing is a ****ing animal, 500bhp @ 600kg (I think I modded it a bit though). It's after winning me a solid fortune since.
    IMO, anyone who's B-spec driver is at that level should give it a go. The GT World Championships, The Tuned Car Championships and The Japanese Championships are just some of the events that this thing absolutely destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭4g92mit

Rycn wrote: »
    Cheers man.

How do I put the downforce on full?

Go to Tuning, next Body & Chassis ( 1st one on the list) & Aero.
    Tune the front aero to the max(35) & zero on the rear(30).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

no
    love this game...getting myself a wheel wondering wat to go for thinking of the g27 wat yous think..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

no
    bmcc10 wrote: »
    love this game...getting myself a wheel wondering wat to go for thinking of the g27 wat yous think..

If you have the money for it definitely get it.

Advertisement