Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

bmcc10 wrote: »
    love this game...getting myself a wheel wondering wat to go for thinking of the g27 wat yous think..

it might be worth waiting to see what that thrustmaster wheel is like considering it should be around the same price as the g27. the fanatec gt2 is supposed to be good too but its very pricey.

http://www.fanatec.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭mcw92

I have the 97 Civic Type R EK, and ive bought all the Engine, Exhaust and Turbo Upgrades.
    But if i do the Racing Modifications i hear i lose them upgrades?
    Does that mean i have to buy them all again, or will they still be in my possession and i just have to fit them?
    Also what does the Racing Modification Do in terms of power, how much extra BHP on the civic does anyone know? Mines at 370 now i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭surf board

no
    Has anyone got the 3 free dlc cars (Lambo, BMW, Jag) from the chrome line yet via psn store yet? Hear its only for Japan but does anyone use a Japanese login here & can they confirm if it works?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Rycn

no
    mcw92 wrote: »
    I have the 97 Civic Type R EK, and ive bought all the Engine, Exhaust and Turbo Upgrades.
    Does that mean i have to buy them all again, or will they still be in my possession and i just have to fit them?
    Also what does the Racing Modification Do in terms of power, how much extra BHP on the civic does anyone know? Mines at 370 now i think.

You have to refit them but they're still there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭ Maurice Immense Explorer

no
    I'm getting this game tomorrow for chrimbo, can't wait!

Anything crucial to do/get right at the beginning or anything like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

mcw92 wrote: »

Racing modification doesnt increase bhp, it gives further weight reduction, transmission and suspension upgrades, better aerodynamics and adds sponsor decals to your car. Also to get the most out of a car, you should race mod first, then install any upgrades after. Any upgrades youve bought already will be in your garage, you dont have to buy them again, just reinstall after race modding

Heres a good guide i found on what race modding does to the cars it applies to

The ZR1 seems to be the best car to race mod, i have one myself and it really is class, well worth the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

no

yea just stick at it. Its pretty boring at the start with the slow cars. I was nearly going to trade it in at one stage but I stuck with it and now I cant stop playing it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

no

Just so you know, there's a 608mb update to download before you even start playing.

no
    jd007 wrote: »
    Just so you know, there's a 608mb update to download before you even start playing.

Jesus, thanks a million, I have some family stuff to do first so I'll leave it updating for a while!

Thanks to Kev_PS3 too, I know the value of perseverance (anyone remember the endurance races on GT3!?) so I'll stick at it! :D

Merry Christmas all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

no
    Updating the game now and should be on soon :D.

My Logitech DFGT has been waiting for this moment all of its two year life...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Anyone drive the Red Bull X2010 s.vettel car yet its a bullet

no
    Are there any free cars I can download lads?

I just did GT5 thing on facebook and got a free XJ13 Jaguar Race Car, which is nice!

Any other DLC I should know about? Loving it so far, got the B, A and IC licenses, and cleared all of the beginner races bar the Japanese one. Early days yet, I know, but still really loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

no
    Whats that thing on Facebook? I want a free car as well :D

no
    ollie1 wrote: »
    Whats that thing on Facebook? I want a free car as well :D

Here you go mate!
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135391

I did it yesterday and it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

no
    Here you go mate!
    http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135391

I did it yesterday and it works.

Thanks dude did it today and it worked great :D

finally got my DFGT set up and anchored down, it really is worth while lol. Should really increase the enjoyment factor of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

folks quick question

How come the game isnt full screen during the driving

tv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

no
    Headshot wrote: »
    folks quick question

<snip>

It actually is but not on all televisions, the 42'' LG downstairs is like the photo you posted but my own 19'' Samsung had a full picture covering all 4 corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

folks quick question

tv.jpg

How have you got it connected?

mle1324 wrote: »
    It actually is but not on all televisions, the 42'' LG downstairs is like the photo you posted but my own 19'' Samsung had a full picture covering all 4 corners.

thats strange
    amacachi wrote: »
    How have you got it connected?

HDMI

Im not sure but the lastest update may have cause it because I cant remember it being like this before the patch

• Advertisement

thats strange

HDMI

Im not sure but the lastest update may have cause it because I cant remember it being like this before the patch

Check your settings both in the XMB and in the game. I think the game only actually runs at 720p so an update may have changed one of your settings to not force fullscreen. If you can't see anything then try switching modes with the TV remote, "super live" and the like.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

no
    surf board wrote: »
    Has anyone got the 3 free dlc cars (Lambo, BMW, Jag) from the chrome line yet via psn store yet? Hear its only for Japan but does anyone use a Japanese login here & can they confirm if it works?

my brother has them, he lives in Ashbourne, a long long way from Japan :D

amacachi wrote: »
    Check your settings both in the XMB and in the game. I think the game only actually runs at 720p so an update may have changed one of your settings to not force fullscreen. If you can't see anything then try switching modes with the TV remote, "super live" and the like.

according to the back of the game box it does 1080p

according to the back of the game box it does 1080p

I wouldn't believe that, a lot of games on the PS3 in particular prefer to run at 720p and let the TV do the upscaling, they have to be manually set to 1080p and have 1080p on the box.

I haven't got the game so I don't know where the settings will be in the games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,358 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

thats strange

HDMI

I remember having to adjust the game screensize when I first played it, maybe see if you can do that again?

There might be a way of doing it through the options menu on the main screen for GT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

can anybody help me with something. on gran turismo rally intermediate. ive got gold trophies on snow and tarmac but can not get a trophy at all on gravel. im using the focus rs wrc. is there some setting that needs to be changed cause im all out of ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

eosirl08. wrote: »
    can anybody help me with something. on gran turismo rally intermediate. ive got gold trophies on snow and tarmac but can not get a trophy at all on gravel. im using the focus rs wrc. is there some setting that needs to be changed cause im all out of ideas???

try to slide as little as possible. i found just driving normally around some of the tight hairpins ended up faster than trying to drift around them.

its not easy but if you brake and turn in early you'll end up right at the inside barrier and carry more speed out of corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

no
    Any chance of getting an online room going for boards? I'm finding it very hard to get decent racing online.

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    Any chance of getting an online room going for boards? I'm finding it very hard to get decent racing online.

Im up for that add me phoniexknight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

no
    Added.
    I was thinking of having a Boards.ie lobby. Probably would be a handy way of doing it. It'd then be recognisable to everyone.

Advertisement